What am i in for Sup Forums?

What am i in for Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a major dissapointement.

nips

pure lovecraftian madness

If you liked Prometheus, youll probably enjoy it. If you didn't, you probably wont.

Why did they cast Kenny Powers?

Why do people hate Covenant and Prometheus?

I agree it kind of removes the charm of the 'xenomorph' but it feels like they're trying to expand on the Universe more and focus more upon humans and engineers than they are aliens. Do people really want more Alien?
I'm happy with more Engineer desu

good first half
bad second half.
Excluding anything with michael fassbender.
He was the star of the movie.

watch the prologues on YT. For whatever reason they aren't in the movie.

>If you liked Prometheus, youll probably enjoy it.
no. i liked promotheus, but covenant was a mess.
>"i want to make a sequel"
>"actually, the studio told me not to, but to make another alien movie based on prometheus"
>"well, they now want me to make a alien themed sequel to prometheus and since we're half through filming i don't give a shit anymore"

You missed the word "probably" I guess

comedy relief does a big 10 minute standup routine and just lets David have it

Am i supposed to care?
This person has just appeared and lost their husband? And its a sad scene but i literally know nothing about either character? Why is this important? What's the point so early on?

>good first half
>bad second half.
good one. its more like bad first half and then it gets worse and worse
>He was the star of the movie.
unfortunatelly true. he carried this movie

Okay let me fix this

Bad act 1
good act 2
meh act 3
bad act 4

Fassbender still the main reason to watch the movie
act 2 is the part where they land btw up until they go to the temple.

everyone dies. no one cared there. even the director

>good act 2
you mean the attack in the field? mediocre at best
>meh act 3
come on. "Let me just wash myself. alone. in the distance so that no one could hear my screems" or "Should i put my head in the egg or what?"

A film that can't seem to decide what it wants to be

I mean specifically the ship scene. that whole part was fucking awesome.
that was Kino writing.
right after the explosion is started to go down hill. The attack scene was okay.
I say meh because fassbender and it did have a few good parts.
The egg scene can't really be blamed on the captain. He doesn't know this model of david can lie.

>I mean specifically the ship scene.
>that was Kino writing.
one word user. TWICE. you know i mean
>The egg scene can't really be blamed on the captain. He doesn't know this model of david can lie.
he just saw him working with aliens

>he just saw him working with aliens

that's an incredibly retarded way to put it.

A bunch of retards in charge of a giant ship, all die because retards.

If you have ever scene someone panic and lose control it looks exactly like that. She was having a panic attack that went really fucking downhill.
It was honestly really realistic.
What does him working with aliens have to do with anything? He doesn't know david can lie.

he did it. i hope you are trolling. this movie was an insult to me. i really felt insulted. there are only two good thing about the movie: fassbender and the fact that it made Prometheus look good

>If you have ever scene someone panic and lose control it looks exactly like that.
>cat sized alien can overpower grown human
>she closes the door and then opens it
> TWICE moment
>she cannot hit it
>she hits some explosives
>also explosives onboard
>also CGI from 1998
Jesus fucking christ is it so much to expect from a simple scene

I don't think you know what its like to see someone in a panic attack.

they lose almost all rational thought and act insanely at times.

Better than Prometheus. Better than It.

I suppose you are trolling me

Excrement in movie form.

Na, it's good, but you have to do the turn your brain off meme.

maybe, but instead i thought it would be better than the prometheus. it wasnt

You're in for a bad movie. You know how anything in horror becomes immediately less scary when you explain it? Alien covenant is all about explaining the xenomorph. And their expansion is really dumb.

Why couldn't we get a film based upon this?
Did people really complain so much about Prometheus not recycling the whole 'Alien' thing which has been done 4 times already. Did people really want more of that instead of something like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus

Excrement in kino form.

>Did people really complain so much about Prometheus not recycling the whole 'Alien' thing which has been done 4 times already.
no. ppl complain about the director dropping the white niggers plot. no one cares about aliens anymore

>part of an elite crew responsible for thousands of humans
>can't keep it together under stress

More fibre then you can handle

AYI

Highly trained professionals on an important missions acting as stupid as they possibly can be because they get a little sad.

What with all the couples getting killed or losing a member? Did Ridley just get divorced?

Prometheus and convenant are genius. Scott has evidently set them in a future in which humans are no longer raised with common sense instilled in them, a terrifying and believable prospect in a world in which children are beginning to be raised in the shadow of social media.

it looks like he's in a cockpit

A bad time.

One of the worst movies I've seen in recent years, which is astonishing considering the pedigree of talent involved. I actually somewhat liked Prometheus, but this was a failure on every level from design to story to characterisation to execution.

judging by all the stupidity being spued on the internet, humans never had common sense

Where does the first Alien fit in chronologically? It takes place after this and the xeno we see in that movie is one of david's breed right?

Which ship scene? The med-bay, David's bombing or evac?

Pretty good first half.
Disappointing second half.

> xeno we see in that movie is one of david's breed right?

Pretty unlikely. The engineer on LV-426 is fossilized.

David's xenomorphs are just a rediscovery of what the engineers already knew.

he probably rediscovered the xenomorph creation process, starting with the eggs

I think there is a decent implication that at least one or some of the eggs originate from Shaw, so he might regard the xeno which bursts out of Oram as ''their child''

Just finished it.
Wasn't there a 2nd white xeno on the planet?
Where the fuck did that go?

why was the cg so consistently awful
when she was hanging off the lander at the end it looked like something out the fucking 60s, I could see the greenscreen around her
why did the alien getting literally burst by the big claw not fucking acid everything there ie the claw, the lander, the people
why can't the lander take off with the weight of one(1) alien on it, even with super duper special fuel? What fucking use is a cargo lander if it can't carry any FUCKING CARGO

Because the characters were absolute retards and could've avoided catastrophe using basic anti-contamination procedures.

>Where does the first Alien fit in chronologically?
it literally doesn't
nothing in the first three movies fit in with prometheus or covenant

DUDE SPORES LMAO

>What am i in for Sup Forums?
Bad Alien movie, bad s-f movie, not that bad action horror movie.

this shit isn't exactly prometheus and you aren't funny nor insightful

the CG was fine, the acid fucked up the claw appropriately, and the lander wasn't made for what it was doing e.g. they mentioned several times that they juiced up the hardware prior to touching down

this was the true horror while watching this movie

>the CG was fine
I don't know what to say to this
the little aliens looked straight out of a ps3 game
when the big chap was moving around the covenant it was so disgustingly obviously fake
>the acid fucked up the claw appropriately
but they instantly pulled the claw back to the ship without opening it to throw away the alien carcass
it was still bleeding acid when they pulled the claw back onto the lander
>and the lander wasn't made for what it was doing e.g. they mentioned several times that they juiced up the hardware prior to touching down
what
the lander wasn't made for landing and taking off? All it did was land, pick people up, then take off
I don't understand what else the lander would have done other than take cargo and it's established that they're too heavy with just an alien on board so it can't even fucking do that

David could have been 100% based if HE HADN'T BEEN SUCH A SICK FUCK AND EXPERIMENTED ON MY WAIFU

stupid autist

>Wah stupid people
>This made up alien is cool though

If you want realism watch a fucking documentary

@88052004
epic bait my dude

This

Although that being said they'd be somewhat decent films if the prequels stood by themselves and weren't connected to the original "Aliens" franchise.

i think you're on to something here. ridley still coming through with the deep and hard hitting ideas

Idiotic retarded decisions by supposed scientists, philosophical bullshit atop a terrible backstory, with very little alien skulking.

Seriously, they could have made the entire film as Daniels being chased and just put the lore in the background, but nope.

Go play Isolation instead

Covenant has to be better than Prometheus.

There wasn't one single logical decision in Prometheus, every character is awfully stupid, and the Tom Hardy clone is so fucking annoying.

>Go play Isolation instead
>mfw finally buying Isolation and not finding it scary at all, just tedious
Being instagibbed by the Alien whenever a flare decides to defy physics and bounce back at you actually hampers the scary, I feel, because of how you just reload a save with full health etc and try again until you get it perfect, instead of fighting it off and barely surviving. I was way more unnerved back when I played AvP as a marine, even though I was armed and could take out most of the aliens.

Man made wheat kino

Stop save scumming then.

Go play Alien Vs Predator Extinction for true Alien vidya kino

i've been told there's a pc mod that spawns the alien randomly throughout your game, no scripted events etc

>mythologylets trying to criticise Prometheus and Covenant for their mythological references

Many such cases!

The savescumming is inherent in the system, though, at least at the start of the game. If you don't do it perfectly you die(and get breathing room as the save loads) and just try again, rather than just being wounded and able to flee from the Alien to fight another day. The robots ended up being better/scarier enemies because of that factor.
Also looked quite silly to see the Alien just fucking tank being shot without giving a shit, like they've done in literally zero movies.

>if you want decent writing watch a documentary

what did he mean by this?

In Covenant they keep getting shot and nothing happens

Regardless im baffled as to how games consistently make better plots and stories than movies

No, in one scene they're shot multiple times from multiple weapons. The next time we see them, one guy takes them out with a couple shots.

Best movie of 2017 easily.

>ridley pulling out the alien queen in the next one

Jim was right

Derivative and predictable schlock

regret and disappointment.

the good side, 10 minutes after watching you won't remember it anymore, ever.

It's an important plot point for the very end of the film.

This scene was kino

Fassbender was good, the alien temple with all the fucked up aliens was great imagery
Acting mediocre on all other fronts, climax was unsatisfactory.

I don't understand why there was no fight scene between the primitive aliens and fassbender's engineered one. How did they fuck up that opportunity? FUCKING HOW

I agree. With a world almost entirely automated, who is going to be able to handle any amount of chaos, especially what they get thrown at them.

>but it feels like they're trying to expand on the Universe more and focus more upon humans and engineers than they are aliens
They did the reverse, you retarded piece of shit.

Take the worst parts of Promethium and Alien: Recollection, have them fuck, abort the baby, and there's the result.

ridley plz go

I liked it, it was more "alien" than the last 3 or 4 movies. The tie in with Prometheus was poor though.

Impressive that you managed to get both titles wrong

Another retard.

My error pales in comparison to Ridley's and his Alien: Coconut.

Another dumb poltard. Just because it has minorities in it doesn't make it bad, faggot.

No alien film has had one running around in broad daylight, and it was an almost direct follow on from Prometheus, so all that shit you said was backwards as fuck.
You are a legit 70 IQ mongoloid, I bet.
Also, nice buzzwords, faggot.

It's written like the first draft of a slasher flick that also has a pseud robot desperately trying to convince everyone how smart and well read he is.

I don't know what else to say about it.