What can they do to make me actually LIKE this guy?

What can they do to make me actually LIKE this guy?

Hard-mode:no killing him off.

get him the fuck away from bendis.

stop making him seem like some sheepish kid.

put some trauma in his life.

get him some bonafide villains(hell give him a subsect of new goblins)

and change his name. all he seems to be doing is living in petes shadow. hell he even has his own amazing friends.

Give him the Symbionte

Its not like you will buy the book so whats the point?

Everyone seems to hate Miles & Fem Thor but love Kamala here but who sells more?

>put some trauma in his life.
This. Sympathy is the easiest way to create fans.

Put him in coma for 20 years

Get Hastings to write him.

>Gwenpoole doesn't become Miles' arch nemesis.

Wasted potential.

fpbp

Miles should've been traumatized coming to a world where his mother is alive, people who were bad guys in Ultimate are good guys, and Peter is alive. But Bendis keeps wasting pages focusing on Miles' supporting cast rather than him.

the definition on mules compared to gwen is weird

It's been how many years and I still just have no clue what Miles personality, or hobbies outside of superheroing are. He still doesn't have a good archvillain. And despite Bendis shilling I still hate his costume it's easily the weakest of all the spiders.

-give him some OC villains that are immune to his finger hax so he can have a decent rogue's gallery instead of mooching off Peter's

-stop making him the centerpiece of every big event, (secret wars: survived the retcon because of a free pass from molecule man / Civil war 2: freaks everyone out because he mightwould kill Cap)

the Spider-Man everyone loved was street level and was never a key part in big events.

-drop the YA shit, it's the worst part of the book. "who's Miles's enemy right now? his fat aunt! ooh"

Give him rogues that match and counter his powers. redesign his costume.If he remembers ultimate make it clear from the get go and focus on that,if he doesn't rewrite his origin and give it some spin.No more ganke to waste pages on half thought out dialogue.Give him goals and fears to strive for and focus less on his dad and supporting characters.Let him struggle in fights,one shotting all his enemy's is dull and removes all tension

its crazy how fans can see shit that bendis cant.

I guess Peter has like 4 extra costumes he ain't using just LYING around. Maybe Miles could "borrow" a different one.

Change his name to Miles Jackson. Change his spider-name to The Black Spider.

Change his personality into a more modern Luke Cage.

Get rid of that retarded venom blast bullshit.

Give him a tragic 'hood' background, and have him focus on taking out the "urban market" trash.

His bantz should be a hood version of peter's bantz.

All of this + Give him a symbiote and have him go under a new name. Give him some life events, mature him, give him his own rogues that take more than a fingerbang to defeat, and make the Inhumans a Bendis containment book.

Miles sells more, it always being this way, he's never going to sell better than Peter, but his book has decent sales, mostly because he's a spiderman

But user Peter said Miles costume is cooler

Remember when he fought the giant girl and knocked her out and was lookin at her bedroom sized tiddies?

Do that again

>get him the fuck away from bendis.
This seems to be the main issue, despite being a character created by Bendis he somehow doesn't know how to write a decent personality for him. He's really not main character material either he works better as a straightman reacting to someone else's bullshit as shown in Spiderverse and

Pandering to white people is what made Marvel so bankrupt. So it would be smart to never go down that road again

Doing the opposite isn't doing them any favors either.

Wait so does Miles get to be Jerry Seinfeld while Bombshell is Elaine and Ganke is George and/or Kramer?

Make him the wisecracking teenager dealing with finding himself and his place in the world while dealing with being a superhero with a type of "older sibling forced to be the parent to a younger sibling and just barely being passable at it" vibe to the thing.

Quit with that whole cutesy "Oh look at these adorable family friendly goofy kids" shit.

Give him his own villains.

Hopefully heap all the teenage bullshit on him that keeps Pete from growing as a character.

Give him a black cat type character, because that's always cool.

Have him deal with some serious shit, one thing that works well about Pete is he always deals with impossible choices (I.e. Bring Aunt May her time sensitive medication, or stop the Green Goblin from a murder in progress)

Just fire Bendis

Ongoing with Greg Pak

Two issue team up with Robbie Reyes that casts some perspective on Miles' life, and gets him interacting with a teen hero who actually has it a little worse than him and isn't associated with the public eye and all these official teams like the Avengers.

Meme topic, by meme Sup Forumsfag, likely triggered by waifu stealing, wanting stupid race war; 95 percent chance haven't read (insert colored character)'s run and can't give examples.
Prepare the wiki sheet.

I'd actually read a well written book that happens to be about a younger spider man, regardless of skin color or difference of powers, but Bendis can't deliver.
It's like how I got into Wally West being the Flash back in the late 80's through the 90's. The character had a fun perspective in being the younger version but the writers took a fun approach with him having his own villains as well as key older villains from Barry that he had to deal with.

Miles could easily slip into that sort of situation. Bendis just sucks.

honestly, ever since all new, ive been hoping that marvel would team miles up with robbie, x-23 and amadeud and make an new all different fantastic 4 book, but soul searching with robbie could be a great thing

i think thats why most people are frustrated with miles. most felt that for better or worse, miles would stand on his own within the spider heroes, but hes stuck in bendis' web, and he wont let him do anything. i mean even his fights are boring when he can ohko most things.

>honestly, ever since all new, ive been hoping that marvel would team miles up with robbie, x-23 and amadeud and make an new all different fantastic 4 book

Personally I think I would prefer Mania being in the "Spider" role on such a team (seems like she would fit well with Robbie) but I guess Miles would be fine too.

Genderswap him

Don't you mean GWENderswap?

ayyyyy

Make him plow your waifu.

Make his Asian friend his superhero sidekick

Nice try friend. If Miles tried that with MY waifu he'd be dead in one second.

Make him trans. Truly progressive.

I hope you're waifu isn't some kind of animal.

It would be different certainly. Couldn't be any more an outcast than that. would probably be shit though, but I'm sure someone could make it work.

My biggest problem with him, aside from Bendis, is the One Hit Kill Venom Blast. Fucking get rid of it or nerf that shit and make it so that when he does use it, it fucks up his arm, which give him an in story reason to not just use it all the time.

>Give him a symbiote and have him go under a new name.
I mean. He does already have a "Venom Strike", and Venom's current host is the shittiest character ever.

The Spider on the New F4 is already confirmed to be Silk.

theyre actually doing a new f4?

i'd rather they buff his rogues' intelligence and evasion

Well, the first arc of Robbie's new book (first issue out today, Marvel fans!) has Amadeus Cho, X-23 and Silk showing up. It hasn't been named but it's clear what they're doing.

Don't be racist

I'm not even kidding he is the same type of personality is Peter Parker and if you like Peter Parker than you should like miles cuz they're one in the same.

I think that it's hard for Miles to be the younger Spider-Man when Marvel refuses to let Peter grow up and act like the older Spider-Man.

I do like Peter, so why are they just giving me a worse version of him?

Oh god, they're all gonna be driving around in Eli like a fucking mystery machine.

Maybe Robbie can steal so SHIELD flying car parts to deck it out in.

You're basically saying he's the exact same character as Peter except with no history,no villains, less character development and a worse supporting cast.

It's hard to like a character if there's already a more interesting version of the same thing.

Well first you have to be willing to like miles in the first place
You can't see him as a "black/hispanic" kid you have to see him as a person

Kind of like how you don't see Peter as a "white" kid you just see him as a person

I don't know if you have those Viewpoint specifically but it is very common in threads like these just feel that way

I'm not saying you're racist if you don't like miles I'm just saying how you categorize a character can affect how you want to like them

Yeah Peter has pretty good villains but to be honest his personality is really annoying and whiny.

Just saying

Make him a character that isn't fucking boring?

Dad budge