If the 90s were so bad why did it have the best costumes?

If the 90s were so bad why did it have the best costumes?

Thor

>If the 90s were so bad
They weren't.
Well, 90's X-Men kinda sucked.
>why did it have the best costumes?
They most certainly did not.

Tween Iron-Man,
Onslaught,
the Heroes Reborn universe,
everything that was going on with Spider-Man...

The '90s were perfect in every way.

Because they also had the best artists

Cover his belly & ether cover or fully expose his arms & loose the groin brace and 90s Deodato Thor would be perfect decent.

In the 90s creators had enough freedom to do stupid things whereas today editorial tells them to do even stupider tbings

Any era that made high-cut thong leotards into the norm for females is going to be GOAT. This isn't even nostalgia speaking, this is objective fact. And the big hair. GOD, the big hair.

>UHHHH! FLOOFIER!

Comic characters nowadays dress up like they ride crotch rockets.

They had some good ones, a lot of them were very exaggerated and filled with random things that didn't make any sense.

It had some of the worst costumes as well though

Like every X-Men character having to wear a blue and yellow costume.

the GOAT havok costume. i wish he would go back to it or its varant. outside of some bullshit, i love the 90s

when was there ever a skrull Cyclops?
I've read the entire run of him being an X-Men member while wearing that costume and I don't remember it at all.

Those are kind of the traditional team colors of the X-Men.

and they look shit on characters like psylocke and storm who never wore those colours

>and they look shit on characters like psylocke and storm
>who never wore those colours

?????

nobody is nostalgic for Lee-Kirby X-men

Psylock never wore blue?

she never wore blue and yellow

Fuck I love emo mullet AoA Cyclops.

nigga scott has muscles on his fucking muscles

she has worn it

this

they all wore the blue and gold for a short period early 90s. it was very brief tho, then x-men #1 by jim lee came

yes, but not before they forced every x-man to wear it. If this is you then you really need to learn how to see contextual clues in conversation

and she wore it again years later. when she returned from being dead

>90s
>Beast shoved a fuck ton of vocabulary in his dialogue bubbles
>AoA
>original x-man cartoon was airing
>spider-man cartoon came out
>the tick cartoon

fuck yeah man

90's Cyclops is my favorite Cyclops and I never read 90's X-men comics, watched the cartoon or played MvC2. It's just a great damn costume.

Is the apocalypse crossover from the 90's worth reading? What else was going on with the X-men in the 90's? You mostly just hear about the apocalypse stuff.

Onslaught
and the Phalanx Covenant I think.

Phalanx Covenant was fucking awesome

the 90s were the most fun time in comics ever

It was a great lead-in for Gen X, but if you were a fan of the regular X-Men cast of the time you were left reading about non-X-Men characters ... and Banshee.

REEEEEE FUCK YOU BANSHEE IS A BADASS

That's their point you illiterate fuck.

This. The 90's were the last time comics were doing the only thing they do well: entertaining prepubescent boys.

Snakeclops edges out Fedoraclops for me.

Pouches - for when you need to look bad-ass but still be practical.

The 90s was mainly bad for Marvel and it was the era of artists so you had some iconic designs.

Whare are the must read X-men stories of the 80's and 90's anyways? I heard Claremont got shitty in the 90's.

I'd rather even take the boring leather jackets over these crimes against eyeballs.

I thought that list was an argument against the 90's.

Onslaught is one of those "everything was better when I was 12" things. It seemed great at the time, but then you go back to it and realize how terrible it was. Marvel vs. DC is the same way.

They both had some great bits though. Before Onslaught started bleeding into the rest of the Marvel Universe, it was actually sort of great. Amalgam was excellent.

Art got better in the 2000's I think. The early 90's was everyone copying Rob Liefeld, and the late 90's was every copying Joe Maduriera

They wore them for like one storyline.

-X-Tinction Agenda
-Muir Island Saga
-X-Cutioner's Song (Cable revealed to be Nathan Summers)
-Fatal Attractions (Wolverine gets adamantium pulled out, Magneto mind wiped(creating Onslaught))
-Phalanx Covenant (Phalanx invasion, Generation X formed)
-Age of Apocalypse (alternate reality where Professor X dies before creating X-Men
-Onslaught (psychic being with the psyche of Prof. X and Magneto kills Avengers and FF)
-Operation: Zero Tolerance (new babby Sentinels capture X-Men, Iceman saves everyone)
-Hunt for Xavier (Prof X was detained after Onslaught and disappeared, X-Men find him)
-Magneto War (Magneto wrecks shit, his clone Joseph dies, humans give him the island of Genosha)

90s cyc was best

>Jim Lee designs
>Good

Jim Lee costume design are literally the greatest thing that could happen to the comic book industry during the 90s

also, anyone who says jim lees designes are bad just have the worst taste

You tell me

X-cutioner's song had the best fucking art thanks to jae lee

What function does Cyclops' neckstrap that goes to his belt serve?
And how does it still look good?

My fellow /m/an,

Good taste

About half of this is worth reading, and very much so. The rest fucking blows.

Masterson Thor look was an awesome improvement while still maintaining the classic look.

yea it did

jae lee's art was sexy af

I wish THICC hair would come back in style

>THICC hair
It's floof, you new-aged twat.

Because "90s was bad" was just a meme created by 00s kiddos so they could feel like all their Authority rip-offs of the early to mid-00s were some superior nuanced artform compared to the "shit" of the 90s.

Onslaught Saga is legitimately one of Marvel's best line-wide events.

good god how did I forget this man's art

The 90's started turning around toward the end after Marvel went bankrupt and started making quality books that weren't X-Men and people realized Liefeld wasn't that good after Heroes Reborn. DC was putting out more gems in the mid-late 90's too.

The 90's gets a bad rep because early 90's was legit one of the most garbage periods in comics.

HAHA no

The problem with the 90s was, there would be a story arc and it would last for literally 2-4 damn years, like Operation Zero Tolerance and it would take over every fucking book so you are forced to read it.

And the shit was so ass, I mean man onslaught was kinda bad fun'ish but Zero Tolerance was just straight up fucking bad

Marvel made multiple separate universes. MC2, 2099, age of apocalypse, and so on. It honestly was a really great way to avoid conflict. Now they have to make it all connected and they run into issues all the time. I miss when marvel had alternate universes.

Having the worst costumes and having the best costumes are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

fuck you, grandpa.

i think you meant AoA nigga

Wasnt that more its own thing than something that was across all the lines?

I'm so glad I'm no alone on this. It was one of the first that I genuinely felt the need to collect the majority of titles involving it.

as bad as a fashion statement the 90's where. atleast they wernt affraid to make their superheroes look like superheroes
unlike today's ''le minimalism'' meme

I liked the fact they gave buttons in his gloves to activate the visor instead of constantly touching it to open.

I mean the fashion wasn't even all that bad. It was pretty much just throw a leather bomber jacket over your costume, it looked kinda eh on some but Animal Man and Cyclops made it work

Cyclops, Rogue, Animal Man, and Black Knight rocked that shit in the 90s.

Not for everyone. Not even close.

Man I fucking love Rightclops' costume but when it's not in-comic with the glowing X it looks like garbage.

Rightclops & Astonishing still the best with 90s bringing up 3rd.

Mr Terrific's jacket is pretty baller too

jackets were good

This. Rightclops is an unbelievable great design

when he's drawn by good artists

bachalo, irving, I'm not sure who else put out good takes. Yu in Axis?

Astonishing could use the jacket

feels naked after this show

>Well, 90's X-Men kinda sucked.
Only after Age of Apocalypse

>Art got better in the 2000's I think.
No. The Bryan Hitch generation is so fucking bland

>it would take over every fucking book so you are forced to read it.

Honestly I find this less annoying with the X-Men than when the 90's Spider-Man books did the same thing

Has Cyclops ever had a bad costume?

I think the original Silver age one is pretty bland, also I hate the X visor one he's had since AvX

I cannot abide a cowl that has no pointy bat ears.

Fuck you're right. Come to think of it DC's Rebirth is there to pander to people who read post-Crisis which almost certainly means adults. Marvel on the other hand is writing to appeal to college-age progressives.

Fuck.

Aw man. Marvel vs DC really was so cool when I was 12.

JLA/Avengers holds up though.

Mind posting some floof/THICC hair for the peanut gallery?

>HEY GUYS, HAVOK IS ONE OF THE X-MEN RIGHT

>SO WHAT IF HIS OUTFIT IS JUST A BIG YELLOW X ON A BLUE SHIRT. I'M A GENIUS.

>WELL, OF COURSE HE WARS A JACKET. NAME ONE CHARACTER CREATED SINCE 1990 WHO DOESN'T WEAR A JACKET. YOU CAN'T.

The 90s were the best era for comics in a long time. If anything its more of a final golden age where everyone looks at masterpeices as if they were shit and purposefully look for the trash to exemplify the time. Everything after the 90s is just new age cuck shit.

X-Factor costume v.1 is pretty meh, IMO.

Cyclopsalypse was pretty bad too.

Havok wasn't even an X-Man when he wore that.

I will never understand the X-Men headgear. Havoc and Jean have it in that shot, Gambit is famous for having it. It's just a leather thong to frame your face without wearing a helmet that hides your wavy 90s hair

Early 90's DC > late 90's DC

spiderman was extra annoying because of the clone saga. the constant
>ben reilly is actually peter but peter was ben the entire time but no ben was actually the real one and peter is the clone but ben wasactually clonedby peter
>oh yea and there's kaine now

I like Brian Hitch and his art was some of the more stand out stuff in the 90's

The original way the storyline was supposed to go was pretty good.

>>WELL, OF COURSE HE WARS A JACKET. NAME ONE CHARACTER CREATED SINCE 1990 WHO DOESN'T WEAR A JACKET. YOU CAN'T.
He was created in the 60's and at this point he was with X-Factor. It is also a massive step up from this boring and villainous looking shit.

it got so ridiculous that ben was actually in crossovers over peter

>It's just a leather thong to frame your face without wearing a helmet that hides your wavy 90s hair
I know. It's amazing.