Can someone explain to me why John Denver songs have been major plot points in several (mostly unrelated) movies this...

Can someone explain to me why John Denver songs have been major plot points in several (mostly unrelated) movies this year?

>Free Fire
>Kingsman: The Golden Circle
>Logan Lucky
>Alien: Covenant

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lQFKMar4x-w
youtube.com/watch?v=PHWrEcVfflE
youtube.com/watch?v=uHOTmMpux9E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Take Me Home Country Roads is one of my all time favorite songs. I have 10 different versions of it by different artists.

It's no exaggeration the best song ever made.

toots and the maytals 2nd best ye?

youtube.com/watch?v=lQFKMar4x-w

>first heard John Denver this year in covenant
all those wasted years

I first heard it back in my high school choir, because of an offhand comment by a good friend.

Good times.

I prefer this version but I have a lot of nostalgia attached to it youtube.com/watch?v=PHWrEcVfflE

Big fan of the Brandi Carlile version.

gdi have some shame you weeb

I'm so sorry youtube.com/watch?v=uHOTmMpux9E

Tinketey tonk old fruit

I saw those and just saw Whispers of the Heart this year. it's spooky man

you gonna make a shitty review for Whisper of the Heart?

>take me home, country roads
>isn't heading home

Bravo, Ridley!

Possible somebody bought the rights to his catalogue, and are pushing them as movie soundtrack inclusions as a way to get people interested again, or new listeners in.

>youre saying youll set my country music award on fire?

Every time I hear him mentioned

Man, Mark Strong singing that near the end of Kingsman was pretty damn cool. Sounded great. Of course, I don't actually know if he did sing it or what but it sounded great.

It sounded enough like him that I'd believe it. The orchestral swell was a nice touch too.

Didn't stick with me as much as I'd hoped though.

you must be one groovy dude.

It's sticking with me cause I saw the movie about 2 and a half hours ago. The music and soundtrack was the biggest part that stuck with me. Fantastic stuff imo.
I really want a Mark Strong version though, it's going to bug me for ages now.