Hasbro Shared Universe Storytime

>What is the Hasbro Shared Universe?
Remember when you were a kid and you'd put all your toys together, making Snake Eyes and Flint ride on Optimus Prime while you pretended that your M.A.S.K. Thunderhawk could turn into something that wasn't a car with its doors open? It's basically that.

>This Weeks Issues
Revolution #5
M.A.S.K: Mobile Armored Strike Kommand #1

>Downloads
>Previous Hasbro Shared Universe Storytimes
pastebin.com/jZcfgxQJ

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/rHCBE6L.jpg
comicosity.com/interview-brandon-easton-revolutionizes-m-a-s-k/
youtube.com/watch?v=o2Z1yLO9C-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I-is it time for best boy, guys?

Yes

Full sized image is here: i.imgur.com/rHCBE6L.jpg
As the real image is far too amazing for Sup Forums to handle.

>Action Man (Action Man)
>Rom (Rom)
>Prowl (Prowl)
>Revolver Ocelot (Revolver Ocelot)

This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
I love it.

HE'S HERE

Soundwave's just going with it at this point, huh?

>Operation: Revolution.
Is it weird that that made me really happy?

Wait, how does Trakker speak Ancient Cybertronian?

I'm a big Moore fan, but if there's two things he can't draw, it's Cybertronians and Ian.

Next is MASK.
Unfortunately this is nowhere near as good as Revolution

You don't have to do this, man. We don't deserve it.

>Verstal Bender
IT'S ARMAND SINGH, EASTON, FOR GOD'S SAKE

I don't have to... but I'm going to anyway

This dialogue is giving me a brain tumor, but thanks, OP.

Jesus fucking Christ.
Can you put "storytime of pain" on all future MASK storytimes, please?

Gladly.

And that's the end.

Now I'm going to make a MASK warning image

The last M.A.S.K. comic interview before release:

>Mobile Armored Strike Kommand is back, baby! Blasting forth from Revolution, M.A.S.K. is joining the Hasbro-verse titles at IDW Publishing under the command of Brandon Easton and Tony Vargas. Easton was kind enough to give Comicosity the scoop on what M.A.S.K. looks like in 2016, and what Matt Trakker is going to be up against with this version of V.E.N.O.M.

>Aaron Long: What drew you both to this project? What are your favourite aspects of building up Matt Trakker and his world?

>Brandon Easton: After writing TRANSFORMERS: DEVIATIONS, I was invited by IDW editorial to pitch ideas for the M.A.S.K. reboot and I jumped at the chance. It’s been a unique, but fantastic, challenge to build up this new iteration of Matt Trakker and the world of M.A.S.K. I truly enjoy giving these characters individual backstories that inform their current personalities and decision-making so that they become more than two-dimensional stereotypes. That’s the reason we don’t have a massive cast from the start – I want the audience to get to know these characters so that they care about what happens next. That’s been the best part of putting together this series.

>AL: How does M.A.S.K. fit into the larger universe created by Revolution? Will readers be seeing M.A.S.K. interacting with other franchises in the arc, or primarily on its own?

Th-thanks, man.

>BE: In the early issues, M.A.S.K. will be on the run as they seek to figure out what Miles Mayhem is really up to in the post-Revolution world. As we move through the first arc, you will see the team figure out their place in the world as many exterior forces attempt to stop or manipulate M.A.S.K. The best way to think about how M.A.S.K. will connect to other Hasbro franchises is to imagine other mainstream superhero comic universes; there will be some crossover of events and mentioning of situations, but I’m keeping them separated from the other titles for the first year at least. M.A.S.K. definitely needs to stand on their own for a while so that readers can become properly acquainted.

>AL: What aspects of M.A.S.K. do you feel set the franchise apart from G.I. Joe, Micronauts, etc. from the larger Hasbro Universe?

>BE: I consider M.A.S.K. a synthesis of all comic book action-adventure tropes: it is simultaneously a high-tech thriller, a superhero story and a military-war tale. You have an interesting balance of team-dynamics that you don’t see in any comic books across the marketplace. There will be some very cool and new action scenes that I’ve never created before and I am anxious to see how the fans react to it all.

>AL: What is the state of M.A.S.K. coming out of Revolution?

>BE: Uncertain and unfocused like their leader Matt Trakker. The M.A.S.K. team is thrown out into the post-Revolution world and considered fugitives because someone (or something) has been attacking military installations with technologically-advanced vehicles. So of course, M.A.S.K. is considered the #1 suspects and from the first page of the book, we’re on the run with the team and they have to figure out what’s happening to them while avoiding capture. They can’t afford to catch a breath but when they do, they realize that Mayhem is the one they need to track down and deal with as he’s the cause of all their problems.

>AL: How powerful is V.E.N.O.M. at the outset of the series?

>BE: I don’t want to give away too much, but I will say that issue #2 will see V.E.N.O.M. unleashed in a manner that we’ve always wanted to see. Unlike M.A.S.K., V.E.N.O.M. is a much more streamlined and well-oiled operation under the guidance of Miles Mayhem and they are a force to be reckoned with.

>AL: Any final words about M.A.S.K.?

>BE: I’d love it for old school M.A.S.K. fans to let go of the nostalgia from the 1980s a little bit and realize that this new M.A.S.K. series will have all the cool stuff that made the original show awesome, but we’re now in the 21st century and we’ve created new interpretations of the franchise that will resonate with younger readers. We want the original fans on board as much as possible but we also want to expose a broader audience to the series and this couldn’t happen if we veered too much in the direction of the 80s cartoon. I have great faith in my editorial and creative team to deliver an exhilarating experience to the readers and we hope that you give us a chance because we believe you’ll enjoy what we’ve come up with.

Sauce: comicosity.com/interview-brandon-easton-revolutionizes-m-a-s-k/

Note that Brandon Easton is a nigga.

I liked of Revolution.

There's still the MTMTE issue to go.

God Revolution was awesome. That was fantastic! Shame it's over but it's nice to get the status quo moving along.

Is MTMTE revolution going to be in this thread or another?

It's not out until next week.

Another, next week, together with Optimus Prime #1

youtube.com/watch?v=o2Z1yLO9C-Q

>crossing franchises

It's fun in this one, though.

M.A.S.K is so not going to last. Only Barber could save it but he's already busy writing Revolutionaries and exOP.

Barber would be nice, but I'd settle for anyone who isn't a Bendis-tier writer like Easton.

>HE'S HERE

OP #1 got pushed back to December 14th. Previewsworld just has MTMTE: Revolution and Micronauts #8 for next week.

>Optimus Prime #1 now releasing the same day as TF Lost Light

>OP #1 got pushed back to December 14th
>releasing it with Lost Light #1
It's like they don't WANT to see exrid succeed or something? Sales would be that much better if they released them separately that way the hype from Lost Light doesn't completely fucking overshadow OP.

If you were a casual and you saw two new Transformers comics on the wall - one called Optimus Prime with a picture of Optimus Prime on the cover, and one called Lost Light with a bunch of characters you don't recognise (one of whom kind of looks like Ratchet if you squint) - which do you think you'd be more likely to buy?

Obviously Optimus Prime but MTMTE has a big fanbase and is guranteed to sell. Selling each on separate days wouldn't even give people the opportunity to pick one over the other.

Am I losing my mind, but wasn't Mainframe heavily hinted to be a Dire Wraith?

You lost your mind.

Nah, if he was he would've been killed back when Rom first showed up.

Victorion is not fucking green!

I ment playing with multiple franchises toys at the same time.

I called it awahile back about this, thread was nuked.

What did you call?

The saga was better than Combiner Wars and Titans Return.