Best Horror Movies

What are the most terrifying horror Movies?

IT (2017)

Not that one

The Conjuring
The Conjuring 2
Insidious
Ouija: Origin of Evil
It (the new one)

this is bait (I hope)

any lovecraftian one

the trick to good bait is to pepper genuine answers amongst the garbage. you went all in and you wont rile anyone up that way.

I love shitty horror films but I don't think I've ever seen a terrifying one. Whenever they try they always come off as try hard shit like the stuff listed.

Kill list is mine. I think horror movies are more effective individually though.

lol wtf at that xenomorph

That's pumpkinhead you putz

That thing between Michael and the wolfman. Is that supposed to be a Xeno?

ah of course, duh

whats very bottom right corner holding the knife?

The only scary part in IT unironically was the face in the tree while fatso was flipping through the history of derry book.

>they don't know pumpkinhead

it couldnt even do that right, turning it in to a flash flash waaaaa scare. movie lacks the confidence to take its time.

man that spooked the shit out of me when I read that part in middle school

The Collector

It wasn't perfect but it was less in your face you better jump than the rest of the movie

pic related was only scary part

I like the new movie more but the original scene was better.

I mean, it wasn't perfect, but the frame by frame scene bamboozled me for a bit

Especially that part when the hair of Bill's mother slowly starts revealing the face of IT

it would've been better if they hadn't showed it in the fucking trailers

Got all of these except for the merged faces under Freddy and the alien-thing on the far lower right

recently watched Mama.
shit wasn't necessarily scary but very unsettling

>merged faces
The Thing
>alien-thing on the far lower right
The Collector

Thanks user, funnily enough I've seen both those movies, but it's been a long time for both of them

exists
blairwitch 2016 old also good
willow creek
Quarantine

The original rec is the only horror movie that really scared me, and I'm a real wuss.

If you like (mostly) subtle spooky Alien shit, The Fourth Kind is up your alley. Very underrated and overlooked, I think.

>he watched the trailers
>he didn't ignore the hype train and blindly walked into the movie teather

The VVitch, Annabelle and Insidious all have that same spooky and great horror atmosphere. I think they are the greatest horror movies made.

Wtf, Freddy has 2 right arms

Sup Forums can't go 5 minutes without spoiling everything either

don't know about the labels, but resurrection and the bone collector are crazy good and underrated kino.

The collector, surprisingly decent horror film.

The collection, it's sequel, is also really good too.

Horror film good though, not film good

Lake Mungo proves you can make a very unsettling movie without loud noises and jump scares every 5 minutes

Just found out Baskin is on Netflix so I'm about to check it out. What am I in for?

It also proves you shouldn't stretch a good, 5 minute-video idea into a 90 minute feature.

Right, Susan

That's right, Jay.

A complete piece of shit

night of the living dead remake (1990)

I mostly liked it. It's got some layers of weirdness in addition to being a "descent into hellscape" type film

Tone of that movie is very unsettling, would recommend.
Also I secretly liked Elijah Wood Maniac

they showed the best parts in the trailer. Pennywise's coke crazy sprint would be actually scary if it wasnt in the trailers twice

what's the original

7 days of darkness
(Paranormal Investigations 5 - Horror Drift )

That gif fucked me up, I hate you

There is no original, but it's a very basic, simple idea that would've worked better as a short film.

>missing the point this badly
Man, you're retarded. What makes Lake Mungo work so well is how long it is, you can't have a "slow burn" in 5 fucking minutes.

Fuck off cabin in the woods bullshit

came to this thread expecting to see another dolt recommend lake mungo
its a fucking bore.

uh what

I immediately disregard the opinions of people who use the word "dolt"

a strange choice

Most terrifying? The Shining, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Rec, Black Christmas, others I'm forgetting. Very few horror movies are legitimately scary though, most good ones are just fun.

Showgirls

It's a chore to watch for a 2 seconds pay off. I rather watch transformers 5.

>ghost story
>loljk not rely
>la di da di da
>5 second phone footage
fucking aussies
bad boy bubby was 58 times more disturbing than this hack excuse for a mockumentary

Alien
A Nightmare on Elmstreet
IT (2017)
The Shining
The Thing
The Exorcist
The Fly