Why was it better than Wonder Woman and GOTG2 and Homecoming?

Why was it better than Wonder Woman and GOTG2 and Homecoming?

Better use of slowmo

Better cinematography. Better OST. Better costumes. Endless attention to detail. Complex story with heavy emphasis on allegory. Takes itself seriously.

stop this

>don't visit Sup Forums for a year
>decide to pop in and see what's changed

lol

Is one piece of shit really better or worse than any other piece of shit?

The fact that Snyder fans recognize BvS as a well-crafted allegory and "mother!" as a pretentious piece of shit pretty much proves they're more discerning than most on this board.

It's longer? Still capeshit.

>scene where a corpse is turned into a giant troll that does king kong shit and then dragon ball z shit and then dies only after the kryptonite spear is OUTSIDE his body instead of when it was inside

And you fucks have convinced yourself that this is a serious film.

why didnt wonder woman throw the spear

it symbolizes the reactionary nature of violence and force, that can only be broken by piercing it and exposing it to the truth (symbolized by the spear, forged to prove the truth that Superman, who is Jesus in this allegory, was vulnerable, if not wholly mortal). If you weren't such a brainlet, you would have understood this

because she had to immobilize Doomsday with her lasso

BvS>WW>shit>Homecoming>GOTG2

>lasso him
>make batman or superman hold
>throw the spear

And from a "scientific" perspective, it wasn't piercing his heart that killed him. Just like Zod, it was severing his spinal cord that caused his death by disrupting the bioelectric aura that makes all Kryptonians "super."

I didn't like Wonder Woman because it didn't seem to have any kind of real moral to the story and the final scene seemed cheesy as fuck.

GOTG2 was just more dumb fun. Though I did like the emphasis on what real family is.

I liked BvS because of the argument that Good/Evil both come from the actions of men, not some divine being. It eliminates the dipole of absolute good vs absolute evil. If Doomsday was cut and there was more of a focus on Batman's descent into rage and ruthlessness, I think that it would've been a better movie.

Yep, and this is why the DC movies will never be taken seriously on this board.

Why?

Because whether you believe it or not, what you type is nonsense that, whether it's even the intention of the film or not, shouldn't be part of the film at all.

and why shouldn't it be?

Because it's entry-level philosophizing at a base level, and then you're fucking attaching it to fucking Superman like a second cape.

This is why people like Marvel movies better, because they don't do that, nor do they appear to do that. Thor doesn't have any Jesus metaphors (that are apparently supposed to be taken seriously) in the same film where a big robot blows up a town.

it doesnt help that WB hasn't hired a single person capable of pulling off anything more complex than cribbing pietas for surface level imagery. causes any lofty intentions to become genuinely pretentious.

If all you caught was the surface-level imagery and entirely missed the film's allegorical elements, while also thinking that the takeaway was "Superman is literally the Christ," then it's time someone made you aware that it isn't the film that's shallow.

It's you.

Wonder Woman came close with the "sometimes people are just bad, tho, it's not always an evil force" message, but then they clearly forced the woman who fucking directed Monster to also include an apocalyptic explosion fight where a Greek God literally screams "I will destroy you!" and shoots lightning.

see:

It was her and the studio that added Ares. That wasn't the ending Snyder wanted.

Also, your hand waving only makes you look like an ass-ravaged pseud.

Don't you understand, BvS will always be a meme of the highest degree here? Just like Bane and Drive.

bleating 'you just didn't get it' as if thats a legitimate defence of the movie seems far more ass-ravaged to be honest.

Having to make generalizations instead of refuting his argument makes it obvious you're a simpleton.

imagine joss whedon doing this shot
the camera would be pointing straight from chest height like 20 feet away

BvS is the high point of the genre really. No other superhero film has balanced so many elements of the genre in just one film. The mythic, human, political and spiritual aspects of the superhero identity all brought forward and discussed. It's a rare breed, the most artistic of blockbuster and the most blockbuster of arthouse film.

Snyder drove his daughter to suicide, that's probably also not an ending he wanted.

He's the Joe Rogan of filmmaking.

And throwing out personal insults at people for their negative opinions of a film is a sign of intelligence? Or is it just your attempt to sound smart without calling someone fag, or whatever.

Anyone else wonder who the fuck the pathetic fucks are who make these kinda posts?

>hehe I made suicide joke hehe
You're underaged right? Because I mourn if you're older than 14.

Maybe you can get him to adopt you so you can suck his cock every night. At least that would be willing, probably not like the daughter who killed herself.

>he has to dodge this hard
It's ok user I'm sure "him" isn't a giant retard who has to spend his days making suicide shitposts on Sup Forums. Holy shit.

2edgy4me

This is how ass-ravaged I am. I as well as everyone else who appreciates this film sees in it an even-handed message of reconciliation and dialogue that puts all the right amounts of blame on all the appropriate shoulders, and it manages to pull off with pop culture icons what Aronofsky's bullshit fails to do with no-name characters and metaphors so in-your-face that a blind man could see them.

You saw "capeshit."