New Avengers #18 storytime

Avengers Idea Mechanics is dead. Long live American Intelligence Mechanics. Knowing Ewing's luck, it'll get about 10 issues.

Rip in pepperoni

Ewing, I do love you, but did you really have to include the two most intolerable Squirrel Girl characters?

>Literally idiot proof
I don't know why but this made me chuckle.

I'd read this PM&IF series.

...Huh.

Just according to keikaku. (..."Goodbyekaku"?)

>Bechdel Test reference
>intothetrashitgoes.jpg

Why the costume though? It's not like she has some secret identity to protect and she's easily recognizable.

Lel at the Douglock joke
>Mirage
Since when is she using the name again? She's depowered.

>Young Avengers reunion
Could Ewing be based enough to pull Patriot and Speed out of whatever holes they're in?

I thought Ava was browner than that

A little anticlimatic, but I can't blame Ewing for having to wrap everything up in a single issue. And it's all continuing in USAvengers, anyway.
Plus, I respect him actually addressing why the lineup's changing instead of just letting it happen.

Something something official release.

>Why the costume though? It's not like she has some secret identity to protect and she's easily recognizable.
It's a superhero tradition to attend funerals in your work clothes.
Speed, maybe, but I get the feeling that there's some kind of legal blockade on using the Bradleys.

Is this Forson's first appearance after Secret Wars? And is the fish puns guy an actual character in Squirrel Girl's ongoing? You know you don't NEED to cross-reference continuity as much as you can, Ewing.

Where the fuck did Cannonball and Magik come from?

Not that I'm complaining.

R
M
A
Holy shit, I'm so unreasonably happy for Shan doing stuff again even if for one page

is Dani still depowered? was she depowered in the Hopeless 05 Annual?

The best news that this issue delivered is that Barberi's art looks actually real good when he's not colored by Israel Silva. I can't stand that shit.

>Magma's first appearance since Fearless Defenders
>Cypher's first appearance since fucking Fear Itself

Cypher was in All New X-Force. He got to knock robot boots with Danger.

X-Factor I mean, not X-Force.

It's probably that Barberi's inking himself as well rather than let Walden Wong do it

unf that tigerbutt

She is and she was. She lost her "psychic projection of your deepest fears" powers, not her Valkyrie ones that were given back to her by Hela in the Utopia crossover.

Thanks user

Heck he even references Songbird helping Luke in the Civil War tie in.

Fucking cake is a lie. But it made me smile.

>Literally female Shriek
>The totally Rad Red Hulk
I can live with that.

>Songbird's avenger status being deliberately referenced with the words "AVENGERS FOREVER"
Al Ewing's madman status: ABSOLUTE
Holy fucking shit there are some gems in this run

I REGRET NOTHING!

Cute!

R
M
A

But is he enough of a madman to bring back Genis?

> WE SHOULD DO THIS FOR REAL SOMETIME.
> The Gang is all back together again.

Look at Based Ewing just teasing us. You can tell he actually wants to write a New Mutants book, I can just feel the passion. Do it Ewing. Save the X-Books, Save the World.

Cypher, Dani, Magma and even fucking Karma got to do something
>Still no Rahne

Doctor Positron really is the best of the Brashear kids

ZA WARUDO

Ewing throwing shade at whoever inevitably uses Classic AIM instead of American Ideas Mechanics.

It's official, he's an absolute madman. A hero. Ewing is Marvel's greatest treasure and it's not just because he's a continuity whore, it's because he actually makes all this adherence to the status quo and those classic encounters rivetting and above all else, fun.

God Bless Ewing. God Bless /ourguy/.

Did you just ask where did the teleporter come from

kek

Hey, I remember these guys from Fraction's Iron Man run.
Based Ewing and his continuity references that don't detract from the narrative and don't confuse new readers.

The TIM guys here were in Mockingbird

>some kind of legal blockade on using the Bradleys.
What makes you think that?

I'm confused since she only appears in that one panel.

I didn't even know that (though I assumed it was from somewhere), and I didn't need to to enjoy the story, or to laugh at the acronym joke. That's the cool thing about Ewing's references.

I'm in lesbians with you

>I'd read this PM&IF series.

I'd buy every issue, and trade.

...nice

Christ.

Ewing is putting out the best books for Marvel, isn't he?

Like, streets ahead of the rest of them, sometimes.

Ewing only gets more based every issue. He turned Sunspot into mutant James Bond. I love it.

>"Avengers forever" references and stealing name for fun.
It's time to bring back Genis: the gratest namestealer

I hope he does, and Genis tries stealing Monica Rambeau's name AGAIN.

>And is the fish puns guy an actual character in Squirrel Girl's ongoing?
Yeah, Koi Boi, Chipmunk Hunk, and Nancy Whitehead are Squirrel Girl's supporting cast from her ongoing. Ewing's obsession with continuity is a double-edged sword.

He's a legitimately good writer that would get praised anyway, but the fact that he looks like the only person at Marvel who actually understands and cares for the premise of writing characters and situations in a shared universe gives him a perma-bonus in the eyes of anyone who thinks that's part of a good story

>My Junk
>OH GEEZ
EWING YOU ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>>Avengers Forever
AH HAAAAA!!!

maybe that explains the cringy bechdel joke

Still upset about them killing off POD, but this is still
CUTE
U
T
E

>Red, white and blue jumpsuits
MADMAN

he can't. Marvel wants all their good talents on inhumans and shit ones on xbooks again

>Christ. Ewing is putting out the best books for Marvel, isn't he? Like, streets ahead of the rest of them, sometimes.
I'm just gonna tell you that I'm an X-fag and thanks to Ewing I'm more excited for Royals than all the X-Men line( among the announced creative teams, I only like Bunn and he is writing the O5, who I can't stand)

>Avengers Forever
EWING MADMAN STATUS CONFIRMED

I remember the more innocent times when I fully believed that the 05 were only going to be around for an arc or two. A pity really.

Bravo Ewing. This run was great and I really hope it gets collected in a nice hardcover.

I can't want to see how this effects the AoS book.
Is that still even a thing?

I like how Ewing ends every comic he writes with built in set-up for other writers to use which always get ignored by other writers.

>Is that still even a thing?
Nope. Just ended. The writer for it is moving to X-men Gold and Quake is leading the new Secret Warriors.

So once Thunderbolts gets cancelled (which should take about ten minutes from now) maybe Ewing will grab Songbird back up.

Also, the only way any of these plot threads will be picked up is if Ewing writes an anthology about them himself.

In this case he's using it.

Eli hasn't been seen in years and Isiah was left off the Captain America cover with every Captain America on it. I'm just filling in the gaps.

I'll probably give Blue a couple of issues. It sounds like Bunn's got a genuinely good hook with the O5 and Magneto, so if he follows up on that...
>"Call me Spectrum."
>" that, kid. You can have Pulsar, I'm not using it."

In the case of CAatMA, I'd guess that there were plans for a post-Secret Wars Defenders series that didn't actually happen, and he was doing set-up for it.

Are they gonna kiss too?

>N-no, Tia Ava, this is... wrong!
Make it happen

In this case he actually inserted a set-up just in case other writers ignore his actual set-up.
He knows that someone is going to ignore him and use AIM as a bad guy group so he put a line saying that Roberto is sure that someone won't get the memo that AIM now works for him.

This page is actually pretty funny. And Magma's got a nice set of volcanoes

This is gold

The new mutants do have a pretty high death rate. Karma (sorta) Doug, Illyana, Warlock. And I don't even understand what happened to Bobby in the 90s.

But they don't have any of their good talents on Inhumans

Seriously, they pushed them at the worst time with average writers

love it

More like AMERICAN Idea Mechanics

>Doctor Iron Fist!

Based Ewing.

But isn't Sunspot a Brazilian citizen.

>Ewing is on Royals
Oh fuck I had no idea. Yeah Royals is pretty much confirmed to be the best Inhumans book in a while. I'm expecting callbacks to v2. How's the art going to be?