Have you ever made a comic about your own OCs, Sup Forums?

Have you ever made a comic about your own OCs, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

keepergryphonstone.deviantart.com/art/FaustFall-1-Front-Cover-620305208
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes but I'd never post them in public

Yes, a very long time ago.

I don't have OC's, I just make up random designs on the spot or design them to fit the story itself.

My co-worker puts a picture of her OCs in her corporate e-mails sometimes

she's diagnosed with Aspergers (possibly a bit autistic) and its REALLY cringey

I just delete them when I see them

Is she cute

Share the pictures user

Trust me im gay and i recognize when a girl's cute.

She is fat, ugly cow and tumblr/deviant art tier. Sup Forums-tier taste in clothing, never did her hair in her life

Just imagine optimus prime combined with 'sans' from Undertale and add a little edge, im not digging into my deleted emails

tl;dr dont reveal your OCs to the public cause people will make fun of you on Sup Forums

Sounds awful.

>Optimus prime combined with 'sans'

>optimus prime combined with 'sans' from Undertale.

Wew autism

Holy shit I'm lucky, all I have is a short old lady for an oc.

>tfw stories where the main character is an old lady are always kino
whats some comics like this Sup Forums?

I know whats her name from The Invisibles was just a side character but she kicked ass

I don't understand the distinction between an "OC" and a character design?

I'm having trouble comprehending this post

OC just means any character you've made up yourself

I have a comic with characters in it. Yes.

OC can mean "original content" but in this context it means "original character". Character design can be used to describe both OCs and also canon/official/licensed characters.

Who the FUCK Is this semen demon and is there more of her?

No.

in casual context, an OC is a character you make that doesnt belong to any franchise or actual series and is probably amateur and cringy

Yeah, spider-man is technically an OC but no one fucking calls him that

Why would I be wasting my time on Sup Forums if I was capable of using that time to make new things?

>Just imagine optimus prime combined with 'sans' from Undertale and add a little edge

I have story boarded a few ideas, some made into short comics. Mostly I have a script that is written up but not really cohesive in a way I'd like.

It's an idiot from Sup Forums, ignore it.

This. A "character" without a story is not a character. It's bullshit.

Nigga you must be able to access your work email from wherever you are. Post that shit, you gotta.

>be teenage artfag
>go for both abstract and figurative art, some surrealism as well
>hear of website called Deviantart
>make account
>find furries and animefans making reference sheets for characters
>ask polietly because am fucking oblivious "are you going to use this for a story? Is it for a comic or TV show"?
>"no this is just my character"
>"but if it is a character, what does it do? Why does it need to have a personality or background story if you are not going to use it?"
>"but i am using it! It's for pictures"
>remain just as confused

These days i understand why people do it, i still disagree.

>>"but i am using it! It's for pictures"
They just don't know or want to admit that it's really for roleplaying.

Yeah, when I was a kid me and my friend drew Unfougwa the space samurai fighting his arch-nemesis, Machinegunfingers.

It was horrible.

Is that your art? That... that's really good user. But why is there a lion over her tit?

Wait, is she giant? Please tell me she's giant.

I know and it is still dumb. You don't need an extensive backstory and oddly specifically shaped, neon colored, penises for that.

Search Amelia_Abernachy on e621

Sometimes, you have a character and a story for them, but it's justill not fully fleshed out. You can use those pictures to motivate yourself to create that story.
I always design the character first, and often, what "looks cool" ends up lending itself to the story.
Such is the case with these two. I crudely sketched them up, had an artist flesh it out and all I had written other than a brief backstory/description was a few lines that set the scene for the world it would take place in.

Completely understand your reasoning. You are intending to use the character for a story, a valid setting where the character would fit. The way you shape your characters are equally valid.

I'm talking about the myriad of furries and whatever people from fandoms who fill their whole galleries with pictures of their OC's despite never doing anything with them.
I am also aware they are mostly used for roleplay and are often a wishfulfillment and self insert from these people.

The story is more for personality reference than anything. It's mainly used to allow artists who are unfamiliar with the character to accurately depict them; posing a certain way, self conscience about the clothing they're wearing, etc.

She wears the armored breastplate that looks like a lions head over the area where her boobs used to be.
While she is tall (about 6'4") she's not a giant.
The boob was removed in a ceremony, the sacrifice of flesh, to gain entrance to a mystical armory.

You said you pay artists to draw your charaters, right? You better get your money back for that one.

Why? That's drawn by Dan Mendoza, the artist of Zombie Tramp. I happen to like his work.

As long as you're happy then it doesn't matter, I guess.

I can't draw, all I have is a series of written stories that I write on and off involving my OC. I'm trying to connect each of these one offs into a cohesive narrative. So far I've got a beginning, a middle, and something resembling an end. All that's left to do is connect it together.

Yes but because I was an autistic little shit I'm fairly certain it was power rangers related.

>1st Grade
>Friend and I create characters Fireball and Wet Willy respectively
>Fireball is just a ball of fire with legs and a face, Wet Willy is a water drop with legs and a face
>Drew a bunch of 4 panel comics depicting them in toilet humor situations
>Sold them for a quarter each

The comics weren't that badly drawn, but super minimalist and had the exact humor you'd think a 1st grader would have. We basically drew and sold enough per week to buy a couple candy bars and sodas from the cornerstore everyday.

I haven't done anything of the sort since, never have been a fan of comics until these past couple years. I have so many good ideas for stories for certain characters from the DCU, but I couldn't ever see myself making my own.

>>Fireball is just a ball of fire with legs and a face
I made the same character around 1st grade. Good times.

>toilet humor
>exact humor you'd think a 1st grader would have
Is this a generational thing? Neither I or my classmates were like that but "retarded children" is now supposed to be the norm (I'm only 22, by the way).

>I was a very special and precious little boy, unlike you you RETARD
>all of us were very intelligent and shunned the repulsive dreck you wallowed in like a pig

Captain Underpants was one of scholastic's best sellers while you were in school- if you'd gone to the book fair instead of thumbing your own asshole all day, you'd know that.

>Didnt find fart jokes funny in 1st grade

Found the autistic kid.

Ah yes the classic low effort THICC character meme.

You know, the one to pretty much try and distract people from its otherwise terrible design.

Very original

Booty owl fella, why did you stop posting on /trash/,did speedy fuck up your thread?

Back when I was around 9 years old me and my buddies at school made a character named WowMan, he was a buff shirtless guy who wears jeans and a mask that resembles a WM, he was your run off the mill laser-shooting alien hero, later we added a bunch of other characters including buff animal sidekicks and villains, one I can remember was called cacahuato it was a turban wearing deep-sea diver with peanut based powers.
Very weird times

Speedy?
Nah I'm just taking a break until more images of her are complete.

Actually, yes. I remember making a bunch of them back in grade school then once more during middle school. I recently picked up the habit again and started making a new comic series. I finished the first issue and am currently working on the next one.

It's a grimdark story, so it might not be everyone's cup of tea. The art gets a bit "quality" at times too. Despite that, here's the link for anyone who wants to read it: keepergryphonstone.deviantart.com/art/FaustFall-1-Front-Cover-620305208

Not yet, but I hope to. Which is a bit pathetic

>bird with tits
Reeeeeeee
If you have to slap a pair of tits on a character to indicate it's female, you're a bad artist.