Whoa, there Danny

>Whoa, there Danny.

I thought you guys told me he was pure?

You can be as lusting as you want, but as long as its for your one perfect destined by fate partner, you're pure.

Just a different flavor of pure.

>Danny is only a slut for Misty.

But isn't Misty a slut for many other men?

DELET THIS

Those aren't canon. That was a skrull

No. That was Master Khan

Too bad Misty have better sex with Sam.

Danny "Monk in the streets, Whore in the sheets" Rand.

Delete this.

This just further shows that Danny is pure and devoted.

so is danny reverse-cucking luke cage?

What's this from

I believe, the very last issue of The Immortal Iron Fist run.

Under the assumed identity of a suave black man named Tyrone King.

No, because they never hooked up in 616?

>However, if Danny wasnt around...

I really disliked Priest for a while because of this run. I hated how he had Misty cheat on Danny, I hated how the guy she cheated on him with single-handedly took out the big bad, I hated how he turned Danny into an empty shell of a person for the rest of the book before she finally told him, denying any sort of catharsis or development, and I really hated how abruptly, unceremoniously, and violently he had Danny killed at the very end.

This is why Mary Jo Duffy's run is da best.

>Busiek's isn't too bad, either.

Was he an "empty shell", because of her distance? What was his reaction to her infidelity?

No it was something to do with K'un-Lun. Danny fell deathly ill as a result of his and Luke's latest adventure (radioactivity I think), so Luke and Colleen took him to K'un-Lun in an effort to save him. Misty refused to go and decided to stay with Tyrone instead.

During the K'un-Lun arc Danny is cured but has his chi or soul corrupted (something like that, it's been a long time). I think he was found to be unworthy or something? Can't exactly recall, but regardless he could barely put coherent thoughts together and walked around with vacant expressions like a zombie. Some literally-who chick has the hots for him and basically forces herself into his life while he barely recalls who he even is, I'm still not sure what that was about. Misty sees this and thinks he was cheating on her back (he wasn't).

Then Danny gets captured by the big bad, Misty saves him while the guy she was sleeping with behind Danny's back takes out the bad guy. She says she just woke up one morning and stopped loving Danny, then she gets on a plane and doesn't come back until after Danny dies. We never see Danny say a word to her and he's still barely even coherent as it all happens.

That sounds like such a fucking cop out.

>General Reminder: Danny has a yacht named after Misty.

What was the point of all that? Did Lriesr not ship Danny/Misty, or was he mandated by editorial to do a standard "dark" '80's story?

Is this from Heroes For Hire?

Da. Priest run.

Whoa, so in the "Dark Knights" mini, Misty hooked up with Matt?!?!

What? No it's from Priest's Power Man and Iron Fist run, when he was still going by his birth name Owsley.

Isn't Heroes for Hire and Powerman and Iron Fist the same thing?

No, the team started in PMnIF, but Heroes for Hire is its own comic.

Ohh, it what run did it change names?

>was he mandated by editorial to do a standard "dark" '80's story?

Basically, yes, at least according to rumor. I can't source any of this, so it may just be bullshit, but a lot of Marvel books at the time were getting darker, and Power Man and Iron Fist... well, they actually lightened up once they teamed up, something that's actually stayed consistent for the two. Whenever they split up into solos, Luke and Danny typically get darker, with Luke being a lot angrier and more violent, while Danny gets more broody. Immortal Iron Fist seems like an exception, until you remember Luke was a major member of his supporting cast.

Anyway, back to Priest, he's the first one who actually went in the darker direction the people in charge wanted, including having Heroes for Hire get shut down, Misty's cheating subplot, and Danny's slow dying of radiation (not to mention his senseless death in the last issue).
Remember though, Priest INTENDED Danny's death to be that senseless, because if his editor was going to make him do it, he was going to make sure the readers were just as mad reading it as he was writing it.

Basically he was exposed to nuclear fallout, went to K'un Lun to get fixed, saw it was wrecked, found out HE was part of why it was wrecked, and basically went into an angst that lasted for the rest of the rest of the series.

Oddly enough, Danny never found out Misty cheated on him. Colleen knew, and chewed her out for it for fucking another man while her boyfriend and best friend fought for their lives. Luke knew, but took the direct approach, and threatened the guy.

This is tricky to explain, so bare with me. The title that would become Power Man and Iron Fist started out in the early 80's as "Luke Cage, Hero for Hire". On issue 17, it was retitled "Luke Cage, Power Man". Then, on issue 50, it was once again retitled "Power Man and Iron Fist". It kept that title until the mid 80's, when it ended on issue 125. There were two other series with that title, a mini starting Danny and the new Power Man, Victor Alvarez. There's also the ongoing running NOW.

Heroes for Hire is a different beast all together, in fact, of the three series with that title, only one of them actually stars Luke and Danny.

The first series was written by Ostrander, which was released in the aftermath of the Onslaught event. It was a team book that starred Iron Fist, Luke Cage, the second White Tiger, and an assortment of other heroes including Hercules, She-Hulk, and the Black Knight.

Then there's the second series, which started off as a sequel series to the Daughters of the Dragon mini. As you can imagine with that, the main stars were Colleen and Misty, with the team also having Black Cat and Shang-Chi.

Then there's the third Heroes for Hire series, written primarily by DnA, which primarily starred Misty and PALADIN, of all people, with various guest stars showing up for arcs, like Silver Sable, Electra, and SPIDER-MAN. It got a sequel mini called "villains for Hire" which wrapped up the loose ends that had to be dealt with after it was canceled.

Basically, if it's called Power Man and Iron Fist, it's basically only got two characters, a superhero called Power Man, and a superhero called Iron Fist.

If it's called Heroes for Hire, it's a larger team book.

Sorry Danny