T-Thanks Roald Dahl

T-Thanks Roald Dahl

Other urls found in this thread:

forward.com/the-assimilator/349771/the-5-most-anti-semitic-things-roald-dahl-has-ever-said/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're still fucking ugly.

I get what he's going for, it's cute and all. Just hope some kids don't take it too literally because that could lead to some bad shit.

Remember kids, hating on disfigured people is OK. It's their ugly thoughts coming through.

>taking it too literally
>could lead to some bad shit
So Roald was Tumblr before tumblr existed?

I implied no such thing.
What I meant is his message that a child reading into it could lead it "I think this person is ugly, so they must be a shitty person."

>Just hope some kids don't take it too literally because that could lead to some bad shit.

It wouldn't be only Dahl's fault though. Many characters in cartoons and animated movies are designed so that cute and attractive = good and ugly = evil.

I haven't actually seen it for quite some time now.

isn't this the same guy who wrote that fat kid dying as a mouse in that Witches book

roald dahl hated children i'm pretty sure

Nah, he just had that old style of fairy tale writing where sometimes kids just got punished hard

It's true

He had a hard life. He was an optimistic child at heart, but didn't like to sugar coat things

The BFG had a few hundred kids get eaten alive.

But this is true. I swear theres a study on this.

I think it was backwards. People would judge attractive people more positively.

Roald Dahl was Sup Forums before it existed.

forward.com/the-assimilator/349771/the-5-most-anti-semitic-things-roald-dahl-has-ever-said/

Read it again.

It's saying that even if someone is disfigured, as long as they're a good person it doesn't matter

Wow

Yes, now apply it backwards. If you see someone hideous they must be terrible people, lest they wouldn't look so repulsive. Logic 101. If A causes B and B is false, that means A is also false.

>Roald Dahl

He had some tough life lessons for kids. To bad we coddle the little monsters nowadays.

If this study is true I must look hideous. I have horrible thoughts every single day at all times.

Not that I care, for a moment I thought it was about bad mood showing up in your drawings and I took a sigh of relief.

I'm probably misunderstanding what you're trying to tell me, sorry.

I'm still reading it as someone whose features are ugly, no matter how hideous their actual physical features are, are thinking good thoughts and are a good person they'll still look like a good person regardless of said features.

So even though a person may have beautiful features, they're going to be ugly people regardless of the actual physical features that make up their face because they're thinking ugly thoughts

Probably that's what he meant. What he said, however, with words explicitly referencing outward appearance and providing a helpful image of a woman growing progressively more disfigured is that you can tell moral character by how attractive the person is.

Why did everyone hate the jews so much back then

It's like you can search quotes of every old person and at least one of them will have stuff to say about jewish people

Thanks for the weird fetishes Dahl

This also applies to what you know of the individual's personality. You're on Sup Forums, you know how it goes: person who seems fairly attractive begins to spout shit opinions that makes them unlikeable as a person, then suddenly all their physical flaws come to light and you wonder how you could have seen them as anything other than repulsive.

It was before jewish diaspora controlled western media

They are weird foreigners who don't want to assimilate and have weird religion.

>back then
Dahl's not exactly wrong about Israel, which is the worst advert for Jews in the world today. The Israeli govt. and its supporters just scream "anti-semite" at anyone who dares question their actions to the point they've rendered the term all but meaningless. Good job making more people anti-semitic by accusing them of anti-semitism when they're not, Israel.

Go look up blood libel. Then try and realise that hating THEM and the Other is easier than actually understanding complex macro economic and sociological problems and coming up with effective solutions that don't require three generations to take effect.

>really makes you think

Ah okay, I understand what you're saying now, thanks for expanding on that.

I saw the illustrations as the perception of the person as you recognize they're thinking bad thoughts, rather than them actually disfiguring literally from thinking badly.

That's why when you look at the woman below, you see her as a happy (if unattractive) person. Since she isn't thinking badly, you see her as she is rather than obstructed with the bad thoughts like the other woman is.

I can see how they'd just look at the illustration in pair with the words to that conclusion though, since it's the most obvious connection that someone could come to.

It was easy to hate the Jews back then because they lived in ghettos (that they were brought into because they weren't nice Christian immigrants), did dirty jobs (because that's the only jobs they could get), wrote awful un-Christian media (because the only Jews who could get into high-profile popular writing positions were operating under a Christian pseudonym), and were notoriously thrifty and untrustworthy. If you didn't work and live with Jews all that much or, worse, only interacted with terrible people who happened to be Jewish, it was very easy to hate them just going off hearsay from other people in the same situation as you.

You'd have to be really thick to not get what's he's saying, specially when he even took the time to draw pictures for illustration. The lady on top is normal looking, but her bad thoughts reflect on worsening posture, a scowl, mean looking eyes and exagerated imperfections (stuff you're more likely to notice when you dislike someone), while the second lady looks like a nice person, in spite of being overweight, having a large nose, bad teeth, bad hair and one of those smiles that show too much gum.

Did he have any Jewish characters?

>You'd have to be really thick to not get what's he's saying
Well, it's a good thing that children are paragons of critical thinking and reasoning and don't just take things as literally as possible. I agree that it's pretty obvious what he's saying, and even that many or most children would get it, but you'd be amazed at how fucking thick some kids are.

Honestly though that rule often holds up.
If you are very ugly, people will treat you like shit or ignore you. And if you go through that you will become bitter and spiteful and resentful and have a negative view of humanity.

On the other hand if you are beautiful, people will treat you nicely, and you will respond in kind. You will be isolated from and naive about the cruelty of humanity so you will love humanity more and be a nicer person.

A lot of popular kids are basically nice friendly people. It's the ugly/unpopular kids who become school shooters.

yeah

Is he the big friendly jew?

>A lot of popular kids are basically nice friendly people. It's the ugly/unpopular kids who become school shooters.

In my school there was a little danny devito looking fucker with a giant nose who was legit ugly but also super popular because he was charismatic and owned his goofy appearance. Meanwhile a lot of nerds are or can be handsome if they take care of themselves, but they're social spaghetti droppers so they get picked on.

It's kind of like meeting a jolly fat person. Someone can be 300 pounds and an absolute mess, but if they're cheerful and fun to be around then you don't care that they're walking health emergencies. Then there are those other fat people that you actively despise because they're bitter and catty cunts that blame their problems on everyone else.

Kids tend to be very literal, that's true, hence why I think the drawings are really useful there. Without the illustration, I would agree it could be misunderstood, but with them there, only adults would not get it.

Nah, he's the Bio-Force Gun.

True in some cases, but the exceptions are too common to be acutal exceptions. I've known unattractive people who are just great and almost everyone loves. I've also known really good looking people who also happen to be really shitty, and unavoidably tend to drive people away.
Shitty attractive people tend to get an even bigger reaction form people, though. One might strongly dislike that fat sweaty bastard, but most will absoultely HATE that stuck-up egomaniac bitch (that I'd really wanna be/hate fuck).

It also goes the other way. If people ignore you or treat you like shit, you often stop taking good care of yourself.

You mean the big fucking gun

The thing is being charismatic and confident is very hard if you've experienced a lot of cruelty, which most ugly people do. I don't know how those examples you gave did it, maybe they were blessed with super supportive parents or something or just had a higher capacity for taking abuse without it warping them.

Because they've been forced to immigrate or move so often throughout history that orthodox adherents tend not to form strong attachments to their country or neighbors, only other Jews, and thus segregate themselves by choice. It's toned down quite a bit in the past few decades because of the rise in secularism, but still.

Oh come on. The heroes tend to be good-looking while the evil baddies and especially their dumb evil sidekicks tend to look downright shitty. Sometimes you have cool hot evil villains but there's usually at least some ugly bulldog henchmen there.