Should I give up on Batman, Sup Forums? Or is there still hope for it to improve?

Should I give up on Batman, Sup Forums? Or is there still hope for it to improve?

try before you buy seems best method here

I don't get what people don't like. It must be the art or Catwomans heel turn.

Definitely more enjoyable than the first 12 issues of Snyders run. (And about half the captions)

If you are not liking a run just drop it. I really don't understand why this is such a difficult concept, especially when on Sup Forums you can always know if/when got better

Yeah I'd just drop it. I'll probably keep reading the threads on Sup Forums just to know what happens for conversations, but I'm definitely not spending money on it.

King's run has easily been worse than Snyder pre-DotF

Are you seriously implying that "I am Gotham" arc and "I am Bane" arc are better than the "City of Owls" arc?

It's shit. I only read it out of habit nowadays.

I'm going to finish the I Am Suicide arc then probably stop

I'm kind of ready for King's run to be over, but I honestly don't know who I'd rather they replace him with. Maybe we could convince Dini to come back out of semi-retirement.

Can someone explain to me why Bane left Batman in an unguarded cell with all of his gear? Or why Catwoman was on death row and in a mental health facility instead of prison? Or why Bruce and Selina keep calling each other Bat and Cat? Or how she figured out Batman's identity? Or why Batman kept saying the same shit over and over in issue 11 (I've heard it's some kind of mantra)? Or why he put himself at the whim of Bane voluntarily (is Bane some kind of dumbfuck in New 52)?

I mean I'm enjoying it, King is awesome and I love BatCat stuff, but it just feels like there's a lot of weird shit going on that either we're not supposed to understand yet or I just didn't "get it."

I gave up on DC years ago

>Dini
Please no. His run will be full of Harley.

Then who?

Yeah I dropped it after issue 10, I think I gave the run a fair chance. I usually drop runs after 3-4 issues if I don't like them, but I figured I should give King the benefit of the doubt.

If I hear it improves massively in the future or something I'll probably pick it up again. Right now I just wish King would write some other book for DC because I'm really not digging his Batman and I think he can do much better than this (as proven by Omega Men).

What about Priest? He is a good writer and a big fan of Batman.

>Can someone explain to me why Bane left Batman in an unguarded cell with all of his gear?
To advance the plot

>Or why Catwoman was on death row and in a mental health facility instead of prison?
Because Bat writers seem to have slowly forgotten that Blackgate exists. Also so we could get the "Is it the Joker?" psych out

>Or why Bruce and Selina keep calling each other Bat and Cat?
King said that it's because they're in public, but it's still weird (also no one is around.)

>Or why Batman kept saying the same shit over and over in issue 11 (I've heard it's some kind of mantra)?
King does this in some of his writings. Usually it works better than here.

>Or why he put himself at the whim of Bane voluntarily (is Bane some kind of dumbfuck in New 52)?
To advance the plot

because "not muh catwoman!" even though the 237 murders is clearly a red herring, and she's been written very much in character otherwise

His Deathstroke was awesome, but the worst part of it was when he randomly inserted Batman and Robin and began narration boxing out of nowhere so that the Batfags could keep up with the story

>a red herring
For what? And King said that Selina is betraying Batman because she doesn't trust him to help after she killed all these people.

Fuck you, Batman internal monologues have been a thing since O'Neil.
Him internalizing thing is part of the character.

I agree, but there is a point where you reach Lobdell levels and it's just way too much.

>not muh catwoman
I love when people say this whenever there's a criticism of a character being poorly written OOC.

Just drop it and hope that King gets put on a different book where he'll actually try instead of phoning it in.

Not muh is the least valid excuse ever.

I was enjoying it up until Catwoman of Murder, where it completely lost me.

Hoping that doesn't stick, because it's awful.

It's not hard to believe it's legit honestly because more ridiculous, stupid plot twists have gone down in comics

it barely feels like he is trying
it feels like he is checking off things from a list of what a Batman comic "should" be

I'm pretty convinced he's intentionally writing a simplified "stupid" comic because that's what he thinks batfans want.

So he thinks Nightwing fans are smarter?

Grayson didn't have the same expectations going in. People already expected it to be different and it gave them a lot of freedom. Batman has been the publisher leader longer than most people have been alive.

yes, and im not that user

>Better than Court of Owls

I don't see how people can think this honestly. Court of Owls did a great job of providing a mystery and a belivable threat to Batman. This wasn't just some crazy clown who is so lolrandom. This was a dedicated network of Gotham's upper elites that have been running around for damn near a century before Batman was even a thing. It was a good change of pace from the norm which has Bruce so entrenched and obsessed with Gotham that he knows everything and anything about it which can be hard to believe considering Gotham is supposed to be as densely populated and long standing as New York (which is also littered with little known history and forgotten areas)

I agree that the story would've worked even better if it was about a relatively younger Bruce since then the Owls justification would be trying to stop this young hothead who thinks he can change Gotham and Batman wouldn't have really been as infamous or established so he wouldn't know about his own buildings having secret floors which is a reason why I think the story was supposed to be for Dickbats. Nonetheless one of Synder's better Batman stories in my eyes

As long as Snyder and Doyle and their cronies are in charge, no.