Comfy Halloween Horror

What are some other movies that give that comfy, autumn/Halloween feel? Movies that make you feel like you're a kid or teenager sitting on the couch in your parent's house with a blanket, home alone on a crisp October evening. Nothing to do and nowhere to go, just a comfy horror movie to enjoy. Maybe eating candy corn or popcorn balls and drinking apple cider.

Just off the top of my head:

>They Live
>Halloween 1 - 3
>Children of the Corn
>Phantasm

Pontypool. Entire film takes place at a radio station and the main character has a nice smooth voice.

I really fucking hate those UK certification symbols they plaster all over their video cases.

It Follows, It, House of the Devil, Christine

Donnie Darko

Is They Live just an allegory for a psychotic mass shooter?

I have a weird nostalgia for Friday the 13th 1-4 despite the abundance of teenage murder.

Yeah what a cooky nut haha, how could anyone see those sorts of things.

I'm in desperate need of some recommendations fellas, anyone got that horror movie picture that was floating around in a couple of earlier threads?

>anyone got that horror movie picture that was floating around in a couple of earlier threads
Oh yeah that one, I know exactly the picture you're referring to because you described it in such great detail

i would add fright night (1985) and the frighterners with mike j. fox to that list.

is christine any good? seems pretty comfy actually.

super comfy mode: the mummy (1999)

Creepshow (1 is better but 2 is still fun)

Reaganomics

The Frighteners is so underrated. One of the comfiest flicks ever. Cool poster too.

They Live is about the trannies, and is based on real life.

yeah based on that poster i thought it would be hella scary, turns out to be beetlejuice vol. 2

just had a look, might not be the one you were looking for but it's full of suggestions you wouldn't normally get
anyone know if that alien one's good?

oh wait that's the mcpherson tape thing isn't it? that spooked me the fuck out when I was younger

Really? I always thought it looked lame as hell

Return of the Living Dead
The Blob
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

exposing the jews is not just for Halloween

That's the one thanks, I just found it in the archive myself. Could have saved me some time if i refreshed the thread.
Someone managed to do it, smart ass.

certified comfy

For sure.

After thinking this was the greatest thing when I was 17. I rewatched it and fuck is the writing and characters so damn simple and on the nose. Was pretty irritating and I could barely get through it.

Yeah I haven't seen it since I was a teenager so maybe I'm looking at it with nostalgia glasses

I watched this for the first time and it's actually pretty comfy. Nice throwback to 80's slasher films from the early 2000's that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Surprised more people don't recommend at least for some 2000 onward slasher kino

What do you mean despite?

Also highly recommend Sorority House Massacre 2. Maximum comfy slasher that has great horror waifus.

fucking denise richards, why did a dumb fuck like charlie sheen get her?

Cause Sheen is based.

Never even heard of it, thanks for the rec

The Gate and Society are pretty good silly Halloween movies that aren't just comedies. Killer Klowns from Outer Space is one everyone should know about, but if you haven't it's top comfy.

Neeeeed... seeeeequel...

can you compare they live to any other john carpenter movie? it looks real cheesy and fun, so would it be more big trouble good or escape from new york good?

I'm not a big fan of post-80s horror, but Cherry Falls hits the spot.

It doesn't matter. It's great, just watch it. It has the all-time greatest fighting scene as well.

I've been sitting on my ass watching movies in my parent's house with nothing to do and nowhere to go for most of my life so any movie will do that.

some good shit in here

>mfw they are still fighting

for me that's pumpkinhead, hellraiser, candyman, leprechaun, tremors, pet cemetery

I've got to interrupt this thread to spout my hot opinion that They Live is one of the most overrated films of all time.
It doesn't take itself seriously at all, it's deliberately cheesy with tons of "it's meant to be bad" scenes like the ridiculous fight scene I assume is referring to. It feels like an ironic homage to 80s horror films like death proof, in fact it is pretty Tarantino in its insincerity and campiness.
Watching They Live and expecting a good horror or even thriller is like watching Guardians of the Galaxy and expecting hard sci-fi.

>hop in bitch, we're getting your boating license! You ready?

Is Dude Bro Party Massacre any good? I like horror and I like buff guys

she's clearly a real estate agent

pumpkinhead

>Eurotrip

wat

house 1/2 maximum comfy
tales from the crypt tv show and movies are pretty good too

>Flicks-youd-find-at-blockbluster.jpg

rose red

Look at Peter Jackson's older stuff. Pre-LOTR

I thought the audio is this movie was awful. I had a really hard time hearing dialogue even with headphones on.

jeepers creepers

Any good lovecraftian films?

event horizon

Excellent choice

Comfy but not too autumnal

God tier

seen it :(

Love Witch

>tfw no QT nympho witch gf

same

ayy I made this.

Basically what you said, tried to compile semi-decent horror that you don't really see in these threads.

this desu

Oh please, how does that make me Jewish? Can you at least be creative?

I-I'll be your true love

No shit.

Teen Witch is toptier autumnal comfy, but not really spooky. The blob was fun

The Thing

yeah, yeah, that's it. It's not an allegory for any (((other))) people