Looks like all is not going well over at the House of Recycled Ideas

Looks like all is not going well over at the House of Recycled Ideas

Other urls found in this thread:

whatwouldspideydo.wordpress.com/2012/11/25/youth-vs-power-and-responsibility/
comicbook.com/2015/07/14/marvel-reveals-hip-hop-variant-covers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Marvel Rebirth when?

Looks like the cycle of meaningless events and clickbait tier reveals is finally starting to bite them in the ass.

The worst thing about this is that you KNOW Bendis is not going to catch any flak for this even though his shit has fucked up the rest of Marvel's line both in terms of fan interest and scheduling

>Marvel is now giving away their comics because they're not selling.
>The sales charts through Diamond will still consider them as being sold.
Amazing relaunch you got there, Marvel.

Hey who know's if marvel ever decided to fix there shit they could use him as a scapegoat.

They are so rich that they are giving comics for free :^)

That we can use as asswipe alternatives (^:

Is there any book Marvel isn't pushing on unwilling LCS? Spider-Man?

JUST PLEASE TAKE THESE MOSAIC #2 AND GLA #2 OFF OUR HANDS, WE HAVE CHILDREN

>Invincible

kek

Gamora is not going to do good even if it's well written because there's no interest, GOTG is shit and the normies who were praising and buying it don't buy it anymore because they either stop caring about it or they got bored with it and everyone else thinks is shit.

Chip's Star-Lord won't be as shit as Humphries' run but I doubt anyone wants the adventures of Star-Lord on Earth as a bard tender guest starring other Marvel characters or Howard the Duck 2.0 minus space.

Nova will get some sales bumps for their #1 issue but afterwards? It will probably go down on sales because it's C-list characters at the end of the day and people who want to read about Rich probably won't want to read about Sam, and the ones who want to read about Sam proved that they won't buy is shit and the wants who want to read about both aren't enough.

Shit like Gwenpool, Hellcat, Squirrel Girl, and Hawkateye needs to be purged and shit like Duckpool also needs to be canceled before it comes out, this shitty experimental funny books are so fucking boring and aimless and anything with Bendis has been utter shit and he should be just held to one book at a time (just let him do Jessica Jones) take the Iron Man books and Miles away from him, give Miles to a competent writer.

Also change Axel Alonso his tenure as EiC has been shit and he just wants to make shitty Hip Hop variant.

I want marvel to burn

Why go on Twitter to bitch about free shit?

>I literally don't want these free comics, they take up space and I get charged shipping. Does @Marvel reimburse shipping @DCD_Nexus?

I remember way back when Quesada was announced as no longer EIC and some people on Sup Forums were cheering because they thought it Marvel would improve. I wonder what happened to those posters.

But Sup Forums told me Gwenpool was a success

Alonso edited some fine comics, who knew he'd be a massive fuck up of an EIC?

I think it's more that any goodwill people had with the marvel is just gone. Even if Marvel would publish Watchmen-tier comic, nobody would give a fuck. Oh, and the X-Men rebirth looks like shit, so it's not going to save them either

Yes, I know he edited Transmetropolitan for a while, and other Vertigo books, and he edited JMS' run on Spider-Man. But he also edited Sins Past and One More Day, among other things.

Can someone explain why getting more comics is a bad thing?.

>Gwenpool

>Gwenpool Holiday Special
The one that's being done by Ryan North and his collection of literally whos instead of Hastings/Gurihiru? No problem there.

See His solution was

Read the thread first before responding

Also the other problem is that free shit means nothing if customers don't even want them for free.

>Marvel nowest

Waiting for the Rich the Leech article.

Print comics are fucking dead
Who wants to spend a meal's worth of money on something you read in less than half an hour?

Gwenpool sells okay but is around the 30,000s. It's not a success as people on Sup Forums say it is but it's selling better than Captain Marvel.

So when is Marvel going to let the rest of us get in on Free Comicbook Wednesdays?

this

even rebirth isn't working, it's just the same as before the renumber, all batman and harley quinn, nothing else

So how low will sales have to go before the House of the Mouse does a brutal take over like the movie studios
will Ike still be able to get a job as a janitor

That is so far from the truth. Their numbers might not be enough to go WOW THE INDUSTRY IS SAVED but they're waaaaay higher than before.

DC is doing actually pretty good both digital and physical. Don't know what you're talking about

Odds on Marvel fast tracking the HYDRA event to end Now?

At the retailer level, he still can't sell them. Nobody wants them. He's literally giving them away for free as well.

At the distributor level, it artificially inflates Marvel's sales. It makes them look like they're selling more than they really are.

>free shit means nothing
I'm always looking for stuff to burn now that it's coming into Winter.

Hey, come on now, last month DC got Justice League 6 and 7 and Flash into the Top 20... That's... Something.

Jessica Jones for free? Bendis on suicide watch.

Ike still is like third or fourth largest shareholder so if he can't control Marvel he'll start controlling more of Disney.

>marvel will die in your lifetime

Their comics division might.

It's the same memer who keeps trying to push the Print Is Dead/Comics Are Dead buzzword narrative.

Like what happened with DCYou?
There's hope for Marvel. If they admit to their failings and do a solid, well-thought-out relaunch aimed at addressing criticism, they could honestly easily grab that market leader position back.
But there's no way that's happening with Perlmutter, Alonso and Bendis in anything approaching a position of power.

But Sup Forums told me that the Great Lakes Avengers are classic characters who were guaranteed to sell well!

All they really need to do is hit the "Peter and MJ are married again for real" button

>If they admit to their failings and do a solid
Okay. I don't want to poop in your cereal, but ask yourself, had marvel ever admitted that they fucked up?

Also, have you seen the announcements for x-men rebirth? They are so far up their collective asses, that the only thing that could improve marvel, would be firing 100% of the staff that works there

Like all they needed to do was hit the "mutants are no longer endangered and threatened constantly" button?

I'm not saying it's likely. As I pointed out, they'd need to somehow get rid of Ike, Bendis and Alonso if they wanted to do that.
I'm just saying that if they turned everything around tomorrow it's not too late to get that goodwill back.

yeah. judging from the reactions, they fubar-ed x-men so hard, they'll need a miracle.

also, they had to give IvX #0 for free to retailers as well

Ah. Goodwill would require word of mouth. And word of mouth, would require people checking marvel books. And checking marvel books would require DC, Image and others to disappear

>had marvel ever admitted that they fucked up?

During Quesada's Marvel and Alonso's Marvel? Very, very rarely.

I mean I'm looking at whatwouldspideydo.wordpress.com/2012/11/25/youth-vs-power-and-responsibility/

And while Slott says that all the writers skewed away from Brevoort's assertion that the main theme of Spider-Man is about youth but responsibility, I don't actually get that impression from reading stuff from BND onwards.

Wait, if he doesn't want the comics, and he's getting them for free, why does he stock them at all?

Why doesn't he just keep a box of the free comics at the register and whenever someone buys something just slip an issue into their bag? This doesn't seem like it should be a problem.

It worked for Rebirth, man. Remember how the for the entirety of the buildup to Rebirth #1 people weren't going to give it a chance because DC had fucked them over too many times and they didn't want to bother with another reboot?

HEY MARVEL! Why not just SELL COMICS FOR CHEAPER?! $4 a comic is not a solid strategy! If you're giving them away for free, just cut the costs! That's all you have to do!

He's being made to pay for shipping.

he still gets charged for shipping

He said in another tweet:

>I threw 45 copies of Mosaic #2 in our dollar bin. I've got 35 copies of Great Lakes Avengers #2 ready to go, too.

DC apologied and owned up their mistakes.
If marvel does the same, then we will see

It is a problem.
Marvel sales are dropping, and their response is to just make it look like everything's fine.

Marvel failing to make books people want is bad for the whole industry.

Have you seen the thread about working at marvel? They already underpay their staff, the writers and the artists

>Marvel will die before Stan Lee

maybe if stan hadn't been such a huge jew it wouldnt be that bad

EXCELSIOR MOTHERFUCKERS!
he will also steal the credit for killing marvel

>stan
>not ike

I don't believe you.

>bumping numbers and still can't crack top 10s
JUST

yeah because they JUST relaunched and even then Batman is seeing numbers two or even three times what Superman or Wonder Woman gets

stan was the one who went from a half a mil a year to 800,000 a year, plus half a mil for his wife, plus money for writing the comics, plus a percentage of money from movies/tv shows

Stan is going to die, and all the necromantic energies from his various reliquaries will be released and power Marvel for the next 6000 years.

The price is a huge factor but Marvel (and DC) ends to join the 21st century and make a super easy phone app with a subscription fee

Forget physical media
Go digital
Have physical for collectors

Because Ike tried to fuck him over.

yeah, because IKE tried to outjew him.
still, given how much marvel earns money, it's still shameful how miser they are

How did someone really think this would be a good idea to go ahead with?

Everyone will die before than Stan Lee.

>Used to read and love Deadpool as a kid
>These last ten years of Deadpool spam

Just kill me

>even rebirth isn't working
Fuck off shill. Rebirth is one of the single biggest breaths of fresh air the industry has ever seen. They're combining top tier talent with best-in-class editors and the end result is high selling, low cost, genre-defining masterpieces for everyone from casual to hardcore, upper class to lower class, far-right to centrist, and everyone in between.

If every comic publisher was even a quarter as good as DC Rebirth has been, then the comics industry would start to rival its contemporary media sin profitability and popularity. Basically, Marvel and all these Literally Whos like "image" and "IDW" are dragging everyone else down while DC is the only one doing anything to keep the industry a float.

Remember that the next time you think to open your shill mouth and try to imply that Rebirth is anything less than a revelatory experience.

Seriously, when will being a Marvel shill become a bannable offense? All they do is shitpost up and down the board with their blatant bait. I'm fucking sick of the fact that anytime anyone remotely criticizes Marvel, the shills start pouring in to go "b-b-but DC" and spew nothing short of blatant libel. It's like they WANT the comics industry to fail.

They can't do that because Diamond would refuse to ship their comics and there's no alternative distributor in place.

Never because a single Marvel movie makes more money opening weekend than the entire comics industry makes in a year.

Fuck 'em them
They stand to make more on digital than print

They started giving away 2's and 3's last year, this isn't new.

While that's true, they never did it to this extent before.

>genre-defining masterpieces
They're good but I wouldn't go that far

>Hip Hop Variants

How long has this shit been going on? Two years now? Fucking WHAT is the point?

I can't believe they got Alan Moore to write it.

>They stand to make more on digital than print
Not when comixology + apple + digital upkeep take a bigger portion of the sales than LCS + diamond + production do.

Sounds like someone isn't reading Tomasi's Superman or Priest's Deathstroke.

I don't know but I like them

The first time around there really was demand for those variants that retailers could take the risk overordering and make up for the losses by selling the Hip-Hop variant at high prices.

I don't see The Original Writer anywhere on that cover.

>Not when comixology + apple + digital upkeep take a bigger portion of the sales
Why bother with current digital apps?

Marvel needs their own proprietary one.
Fuck Comixology
And
>digital upkeep>print production
Lol

>Tomasi Superman
>genre-defining
>masterpiece
It was really difficult writing this post because of how hard I'm laughing

>How long has this shit been going on? Two years now? Fucking WHAT is the point?
> enhanced-30381-1436885831-7
Marvel Comics has revealed a series of hip-hop themed variant covers being released in October.

“For years, Marvel Comics and Hip-Hop culture have been engaged in an ongoing dialog,” Marvel EIC Axel Alonso said in a press release. “Beginning this October, we will shine a spotlight on the seamless relationship between those two unique forces.”
Marvel is hip with the urban kidz.
comicbook.com/2015/07/14/marvel-reveals-hip-hop-variant-covers/

and then marvel published a collection of the variants and gave it to retailers for free