"Upon hearing of the defeat, the Emperor Augustus...

>"Upon hearing of the defeat, the Emperor Augustus, according to the Roman historian Suetonius in De vita Caesarum ("The Lives of the Caesars"), was so shaken that he stood butting his head against the walls of his palace, repeatedly shouting: "Quintili Vare, legiones redde!“ ('Quintilius Varus, give me back my legions!')"

Was it autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=amrmWyKz48k
youtube.com/watch?v=TvbiC634Pb0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Based Patriotic Leader

>tfw spartacus series far outclasses rome series

If I've never watched either, which should I watch first?

I watched them both. Spartacus has better women and is more of a "turn you brain off and enjoy it" with a couple of interesting characters. Rome is a more intelligent show and needs focus to enjoy and understand, its production value and the acting outclasses Spartacus in every way.

Final Verdict: Rome is kino. Spartacus is an enjoyable flick

Plebs not welcome.

Rome it is then

I'm a fan of both and both are great tv. However they're both different. Just be aware that spartacus (blood and sand) the first few episodes are shit, and i'm a big fan of the series, it's one of my favorites, just stick with it and it grows to be amazing after episode 4.

Season 2 of Rome is garbage. I got more mileage out of Spartacus. It enjoyed it until the final season.

far outclasses is in terms of being worse, gottem

Dont lie on the internet,user. Rome S2 was still better than Spartacus, even it felt a bit rushed. Honestly, Spartacus was only good before they killed Battiatus and the last couple of episodes of the series are good. Otherwise it was pointleaa

Pointless*

Pleb tier, please toss yourself off the Tarpeian Rock.

Agreed.

Who was Best Girl, and why was it Octavia?

Varus fucked up and got all those legions destroyed, when he was told to chill

>sleeps with practically every major character in the show along with a bunch of minor characters and its heavily implied that she regularly takes slave and pleb cock at orgies
Literally worst girl by a mile

IT'S AS HOT AS VULCAN'S DICK

I liked that barbarian thot Pullo fucked for a while before he murdered her.

I feel spartacus s1 and the prequel are far bettter than rome, however venegance and war of the damhed seasons of speartacus suck, so rome outclasses there only

>Quintili Vare, legiones reddit

>heavily implied that she regularly takes slave and pleb cock at orgies

They hadnt reached that part yet

Season 2 was honestly such a huge disappointment I almost dropped the show. It was still decent but nowhere near the levels of the first season. The new octavian sucked, vorenus' family plotline was terrible as only vorenus and his wife could act out of that family, and the whole collegium aspect was never as interesting as pullo and vorenus as sodliers.

Octavia a cute. A CUTE!

pic related

Rome has a a couple solid characters and does the verisimilitude better.

Spartacus is the superior drama however, despite a slow start and Vengeance

I'm pretty sure someone implies that's not the first time Octavia's been at an orgy. I think it might've been Macaenas but I may be forgetting.

Anyways, I really doubt that was her first orgy

ATIA OF THE JULLI

I CALL FOR JUSTICE

Based Octaviaposter

Spartacus is only good for the last 3/4s of season 1 and the prequel. Even then it can't match the brilliance of Rome S1.

until the first time you hear her real Potatofag accent and lose all desire for her

easily my most hated character, brutus is second for being an arrogant coward

>gets Caesar killed by being an incestuous lying loose-lipped whore
Absolutely 100% NOT best girl

Did they play him like a damn fiddle?

>thinks her son seduced the emperor

>proud of you, boy

>mfw to smart too enjoy Spartacus

Spartacus
youtube.com/watch?v=amrmWyKz48k

Rome
youtube.com/watch?v=TvbiC634Pb0

Do yourself a favour and watch both. Also watch 1 Clavdivs.

Rome is seriously one of the most beautiful looking shows I have ever watched and one of the best acted ones I've seen. Spartacus truly made me care about the characters and their slave rebellions. I loved the writing in it too the unique way they talked.

The only thing I didn't like was when they replaced the original Octavian with Chad Octavian who was just not as good.

Watch Spartacus then watch Rome since the events of Rome are after the Spartacus revolt.

Then watch iCladius for the events of the Augustus dynasty after Rome.

Then watch Ben Hur

Then Gladiator

I could go onto the modern day but my autism has its limits

>t. flaming homosexual

>Spartacus
>youtube.com/watch?v=amrmWyKz48k
the music
the sound effects
the acting
the cgi

Both are great, both are roman dramas but are totally different. Rome is weird, season 1 is amazing and 2 is rushed, it should have been the Game of thrones of its time with atleast 5 seasons but it was cancelled for some reason or other. Spartacus is amazing past the first 3 eps of blood and sand.

Disgusting, even her mother was better looking

Where can i watch I,Claudius? All the youtube are removed and I dont us torrent

this

No, that's actual fucking anger and sense of loss.
Autists react this way to minor shit like not having enough juice boxes on one table.

this

Watch both. They had to rush a resolution to Rome

Spartacus had better dialog
Rome had better everything else.

No it doesnt

I saw her in Better Call Saul in a bit part. Shes like a ghost now. Poor girl is definitely the Jannety of the main cast

They planned to do like 3 or 4 more seasons but when they realised they'd only get 1 they had to condense it all down to even less episodes than season 1 had.

At least they finished it unlike Deadwood or Carnivale

Solarmoviez bruh

>stops doing nudity after a bunch in season 1
>starts gaining weight

She was basically the Emlia Clarke of Rome

>Spartacus had better dialog

No it didnt. They had a fun way of talking but its not "better" than

>"Snivelry! The ram has touched the wall"
>Everything the Newsreader says
>Ciceros speech about Mark Antony
>The dialogues between Cicero and Mark Antony
>"Is there some other form of law? You wretched woman?"
>HE REFUSES TO MEET ME
>"You shall leave this city or I will declare our alliance broken. I will have this sad story read in the forum, I will have it posted in every city in Italy, and you know the people are not so liberal with their wives as you. They shall say you wear cuckolds horns; they shall say your wife betrayed you with a low-born plebe on my staff. You will be a figure of fun. The proles will laugh at you in the street. Your soldiers will mock you behind your back."

Etc..

It's just such a forced sense of a time skip

>this character is now 10 years older
>everyone else including other younger characters remain the same age

One time, James Purefoy (Mark Antony) and Kevin Mckidd (Lucius Voreneus) met for coffee and they talked about that if Rome had been allowed to run the amount of seasons it wanted to, it would have just finished up before Game of Thrones started, so the both of them said they'd never want to do any work on it since HBO sacrificed a good show in favor of GoT.
Didn't stop Julius Caesar appearing as Mance Rayder though

I watched Spartacus first and enjoyed it. Then watched Rome and enjoyed that. Tried watching Spartacus again recently and couldn't believe how shit it actually was.

>Brutus,Niobe,Julius

Has anyone else from Rome appeared on GOT?

Are you me?

alot of the stuff hbo did with rome was put to use in game of thrones, since both were dialog heavy dramas making use of lots of costumes and sets
>rome died for got
shame upon the home box office for such barbarity

Not that I can remember.
Titus Pullo went and did Black Sails for a bit as Blackbeard.

I also completely forgot the "HE WAS A CONSUL OF ROME" scene

Problem, bitch boy?

>"I found Rome a city of bricks and left it a city of marble."

GOAT

>By the time Caligula's loyal Germanic guard responded, the Emperor was already dead. The Germanic guard, stricken with grief and rage, responded with a rampaging attack on the assassins, conspirators, innocent senators and bystanders alike.[123]
>tfw you will never have anyone react to your death like that

Fucking Gauls Tbh

I second this

>innocent senators
lol

wasnt she like 45 though. Whats fatleesi's excuse?

Being fat.

M-mommy

enjoy your full frontal male nudes Cuckxus

proof?

Any other comfy Rome shows?

i'd do her if she were my sis

She has a weird head shape

i like irish women though

Elagabalus series when?

>t. christcuck

>I could go onto the modern day but my autism has its limits

Any Byzantine kino?

The sad absurdity of the scene must have struck onlookers as very Kafkaesque.

JUST

Mark Antony's rockstar Egyptian adventure was very comfy

>my feet hurt
>her perfume is too strong
>I wish I was back in the senate calling Cicero a cuck

t. regular cuck

why do you post this in every Rome thread? Your waifu is the shittiest waifu Ive ever seen someone waifu

Sup Forums and /his/ should collaborate on a playlist that takes you through all of history, or at least Western society.

>muh fucking her literal property is immoral and degenerate

Thank the Gods the Romans crucified that Jew and put a lance through his weak sheepish heart. Too bad they didnt crucify him sooner, we wouldve been saved from the christfaggotry we have had to endure for millenia

>gauls
>germanic

>gauls
>white

>Was it autism?
No, it was justified. Rome had reached its peak and never again crossed the Rhine. The Roman legions being defeated in Teutoberg unironically doomed Western Civilization

I absolutely LOVED Rome, but I could not make it past the first episode of Spartacus. When does it get good?

Spartacus gets good imo on 3rd episode and great on my favorite the 4th. Episode 2 was better than the first episode because they were establishing the hierarchy and ludus atmosphere.

>its production value and the acting outclasses Spartacus in every way.
You can say the same thing about a high school theater production.

its crazy to think how different history would be if they had conquered Germany. We couldve literally been still living in the Roman Empire today

Spartacus is one of those shows that gets better and better. The first episode or two are a slog, but it'll be worth it man

It's a trashier show than Rome for sure, but there's so much to enjoy

If Emilia Clarke could act.

this. Germans were a mistake