Might watch it but probably not.

yes, thats ridley youre looking at

>Diego Luna

Fuck no, at least choose someone that looks like Pacino and can actually act

hey ernie

hey ernie....u wanna job ernie

>at least choose someone that looks like Pacino

lol nigga we got that movie already.

What's the point of setting it in modern times? That 80s Miami esthetic was one of the best things about the movie

The 80's was the last time you could be an infamous criminal

>Hollywood

fuck this shit

kek

Why the fuck would you remake Scarface

It's timeless BECAUSE OF Pacino's performance.

Well it's Lovecraftian so they can do anything they want

>crushed velvet shirt and slacks
clothing will never be this luxurious again

oh fuck off
bet they'll use push it to the limit in the trailer to try and make me nostalgic too

CUNTS

This is going to be terrible, yet a lot of people will go see it simply because the name's familiar.

What's next, a Dirty Harry remake

Because the first remake existed for a reason, this exists because someone put the money forward.

Don't fucking joke like that.

Scarface is shit anyway

They'd kill the Dollars Trilogy first if they were gonna do that, though I guarantee they want to wait until Eastwood is dead before they greenlight that.

Wont this one be about an illegal immigrant? I wonder how much agenda theyre going to stuff into it.

the montana character will be an illegal mexican, 100% guarantee
the worst part is that it completely makes sense in modern day, so they basically have to do it

I get that, one wonders if theyll truely villainize him in the same way they did Pacino , who did have redeemable qualities though

we need a remake of harry potter but voldemort is drumpf

but diego is playing a mexican scarface AND is actually mexican

the first one was about prohibition and scarface was italian, the second was about cocaine and he was cuban and the third is about the drug war and hes mexican

who is el chapo?

there was one in the works with will smith

i think the 30s aesthetics would have been better to explore

i remember the Hawks movie being closed sets for the most part

should make it like the novel

> The book by Armitage Trail is heavily inspired by the real life gangster Al Capone whose nickname was also "Scarface". It concerns the rise and fall of Tony "Scarface" Camonte, who after performing a hit on mob leader Al Springola, moves in to take over the illegal alcohol business in Chicago during the Prohibition Era. He is ultimately shot dead by his brother (who concurrently rises in the ranks of Chicago PD), who fails to recognise him due to the family believing him to have died in World War I.

> Trail spent much of his time writing in the city of Chicago, supposedly being connected to local Sicilian gangs by an Italian-American lawyer he was acquainted with. From then on, Trail spent his nights socializing with gang members in order to gain materials for his novel. Trail published Scarface in 1930, a year after his other novel The Thirteenth Guest. Though Trail never formally met Al Capone, whom his novel was based on, Capone may have known of the work. After the release of the 1932 film, at which point Trail was already dead, Capone reportedly sent some of his men to question screenwriter Ben Hecht after Capone was offended at the 1932 film’s portrayal of him by actor Paul Muni.

> Producer Howard Hughes eventually approached Trail about his novel with the interest of adapting it to film. Trail sold the rights to Scarface to Hughes for $25,000, moving to Los Angeles in the process, where he lived at 3811 Delman Torrace St. Trail never lived to see the 1932 film finished, as in October 1930, he died of a heart attack at the Paramount Theatre.

so where's his scar

You don't know how this works by now?
They never give you everything in the first movie.

He probably gets hurt at the end of the movie,gets a scar on his face. Manny calls him scarface and Tony reflects on the name from his hospital bed as he sees the "World is Yours" blimp float by his window.

At first I thought it was picrelated and now I'm sad

You guys do know that the plot twist will be Tony and Gina are attacked in a gang assaination. Tony dies and Gina survives with a hideous scar on her face. She becomes "Scarface" and re-builds the empire with Manny.

The movie fails and you'll get blamed because people hate to see a female lead

80s aesthetic is 'in' now so some kike is probably rubbing his hand at the prospects of milking a MUH EIGHTIES remake

>tfw you find out they remade Papillon with Charlie Hunham

Why bother remaking a 10/10 film.

Sadly, people just dont remember the 1932 film.

In America, come to Mexico and if you have enough mo9ney you can do whatever you want, Want to be a governor? Want to have a loli harem? Want stolen art from Louvre? Want sports meorabilia? Want animals in danger of extinction?, that's why I don't get the "Mexico send their criminals to America", trust me all REAL criminals are in Mexico riding their Ferraris and eating shit and burning money, there is a reason because El Chapo or any criminal refuse to set a foot in America.

the second one WAS about the drug war, utterly retarded to remake it again because it'll just be more of the same but who knows it could be good

Scarface in the first was a legal immigrant and in the second was a refugee who got papers

the character has always been a new immigrant group, which mexicans haven't been since the 19th century

It saddens me that the actors for Manny and Gina didn't made it big in Hollywood. Specially Manny, he seems to be a cool guy.

Has Sup Forums played the Scarface vidya, or are you too cool for that?

It's a good game but holy fuck is it a grind towards the end after killing Nacho.

>has a more fleshed out conversation system than GTA because gotta get all the mileage out of Pachino's hand picked soundalike
>Octavio tries to kill you in a mission and he can occasionally show up on the streets due to a glitch
>that swimming where fucking Jaws eats you

>written by Ethan Coen
>written by Joel Coen
>wrritten by Terrence Winters

SAY HELLO TO MY KINO FRIEND

coens mail it in when not directing themselves, but if terrence is actually going all out like with wall street this could be potentially watchable despite the painfully obvious incoming trump/illegals aspects and some yes-man director at the helm

They're already doing a Death Wish remake with Bruce Willis soon, not even kidding.

I've always wanted this but it'd be a prequel and it has to have Scott as Harry.

I read that David Ayer was supposed to be the director, but he dropped it.

We need to do deeper...

Shit I'd see that

A man who's been in and out of jail and hiding in sewers for the last two decades?

Muslim immigrant bringing heroin in from Afghanistan, maybe? They're all tasteless fucks, so it would be gaudy as balls