Why are all the new Marvel teen heroes super geniuses?

Why are all the new Marvel teen heroes super geniuses?

Intellectual power creep.

Lazy writing. Its a crutch that allows the writer to get around many challenges the character may face and becomes a quick fall into mary sue territory.

NGL, I'd probably buy a wasp ongoing.

2 of them are to motivate/inspire LaQueeshas and Shaneeqwas into getting better muh grades.

One of them is because they introduced a new Wasp in the movies and this is Marvel giving the audience a version of that character.

To encourage women and especially women of color to enter the sciences.

Well Nadia is the only daughter of one of the most incredible scientists the world has ever seen, and since Pym is dead/a villian, it makes sense to have someone of his blood fill the Pym-quota.

To make it easier for the new target audience to "relate" to characters. Not only can they feel good about reading about minorities, they're reading about characters as smart as they think themselves to be!

Because they're all PoC or women, and they can't just be normal heroes. They've gotta be the BEST ever or it's obviously racist.

lazy as fuck, and they don't want to dare insinuate a women isn't smart.

Implying that Moon Girl is not a satire and that Riri is not just bendis writing for his daughter.
No idea about wasp but i can hope it can be just a decent character that is simply black without that being too in your face.

>smart

I wish that Cassie Lang had gotten a chance to step up

In MC2 she was a scientist and became Stinger because she was testing her dad's old costume

It would finally give her a storyline that wasn't muh father or muh metal boyfriend

>Why are all the new Marvel teen heroes super geniuses?

Because all of them aren't. On top of that being smart is part of what makes someone stand out from the norm.

The third one isn't person of color tho.

But Marvel has always been filled with child geniuses, Peter Parker, Amadas Cho, Valeria Richards, this isn't anything new.

>2 of them are to motivate/inspire LaQueeshas and Shaneeqwas into getting better muh grades.

1 of them literally has zero ties to the ghetto though.

Oh no, it's new. If it fits the realms of what pisses them off, it's something marvel did to pander.

The people writing them aren't super geniuses so the characters are less geniuses and more mcguffins in human form who exist to solve problems with """"""TECH"""""" which is actually just magic

black kids outside the ghetto tend to be underachievers too

I just think that the people who complain about these things are new, if they were seasoned readers they'd know that all of this has already happened in comics before, and will happen again.

I mean Moon Girl has 0 relativity factor other than being black. I'm almost sure that's not how it works.

Why were Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Bruce Banner (... and to a lesser extent Hank Pym) all super geniuses?

This

>Hank Pym
>Lesser extent

You're being silly. That's like saying Black Panther is smart for the same reason, instead of the writers just wanting to jerk their OCs of

That's the case with a majority of super geniuses. I'd be bold enough to say they all are like this.

because SJW's think they are the smartest people on the planet, know everything and are always right so the comic book heroes that pander to them have to be too

see

It's a pretty common cliche. Kitty Pryde became the X-Men's go to tech character despite her having little to no background there.

Because that's what tumblrites think they are

Why are all street thugs in comics white?

they took it from DC comics

sans valeria, marvel has never pushed the other characters as the smartest ever

Riri OR Lunella would be okay. But both at the same time?

and Lunella is especially awful. They keep pushing that she's THE smartest in the entire Marvel Universe.

isn't it a meme that the entirety of the avengers is just made up of super geniuses/

>That's like saying Black Panther is smart for the same reason,

Yes?
Why do you think they made an african kingdom discover the cure for cancer? For the ENDLESS NARRATIVE POSSIBILITIES?

Oh user, you just pressed the button that makes me go off!
You
DESTROY HIM!

I walk moment I see MY FATHER IS SUPERVILLAIN ;-;

because hudlin is a fucking hack?

and i doubt the other genuises havent figured it out, theres just no dickery by commitee

jan is gonna push that shit. i just fucking know it

>because hudlin is a fucking hack?

Wakanda as the "most advanced country ever" goes back way before Hudlin.

the cancer thing, and "wakanda learned the secret to guns years ago" arent

Well, okay, not smartest EVER sure, but THAT kind of title is pretty subjective. Even when Reed still roamed 616 it was debatable that he was in fact the mates man alive, and we still have Maker Reed hiding out on the world someplace, I'm sure he's not accounted for in the current listing of smarts.

Of course she will. Hopefully Jarvis will be around to balance Janet's propaganda.

but theyre actually saying this girl is the smartest ever though. reed was top but could be checked by doom and pym.. whos out there to challenge her? hell valeria isnt even around

Close enough.

Lunella
Victor von Doom
Ultimate Reed Richards/Maker
T'challa
Adam Brashear
Henry McCoy
Peter Parker
Nadia Pym replacing her father
Amadeus Cho

Slott's Pym gave zero fucks.

Why were all the old marvel super hero's geniuses?

Maker, but he's not exactly out there letting the world know he's got the biggest brain in 616, but who cares, no one is intrested in her push, I didn't buy or read her comic, she hasn't had any immediate effect on any of the comics I'm following or that are on my pull list, so as far as I'm concerned the character doesn't exsist, just like before

Because they went to college!

The only way most people become super heroes is by being a genius and creating their own powers, or by having some sort of power/strength enhancements. Of course people that make it to the top are going to be exceptional. Think of how many failed I want to be Iron Man experiments exist in the basements in the MU. The comics aren't about the hundreds of idiots that failed, of course it's going to be about somebody who actually pulls it off. Of course the person that pulls it off is going to be a genius.

>The comics aren't about the hundreds of idiots that failed
I want this comic.

> new things replace old things

Edison was a genius for his time and now my 7y old nephew is making light bulbs work with potatoes. The bar goes up over time and people who were born to work better with the materials presented now rise to the top. Kamala is a dum dum and Miles is kinda too. Val is a literal computer. One would assume riri would need to have some level of intelligence to build a better ironman suit. You also leave our how many times evil geniuses rise to the top of their specific field. More smart baddies come out per year than heros

Maker is the biggest brain in the entire multiverse thanks to molecule man allowing him to partially exist in all of them via an anchor system based on pizza

Exactly, he's just not public about it.

>seasoned readers

Outside of Peter Parker, none of those characters existed before 2000.
This is a new trend of the new batch of shitty writers, but it's hilarious how you tumblrinas try to pass off as "seasoned readers" because that's all you ever knew.

You don't read comics, tumblr. Quit the act and go back to slick your malodorant flaps to the MCU actors.

Because one's a successor to renowned genius Hank Pym and one's a successor to renowned genius Tony Stark.

Also, I question "all". Young Spider-Man is just sort of averagely bright, and Young Nova is a complete dumbass.

>one's a successor to renowned genius Tony Stark.

She was le supersmart black womyn even before meeting Tony.
Pathetic, you can't even push your narratve right shill.

Maker's no longer the smartest, because he's having to relearn the laws of physics from scratch.

>SJWs delude themselves thinking they're smart
>NUH UH CHECK YOUR FACTS SHITLORD
>points to posts that are completely wrong

Oh the fucking irony.

Yes? I don't see your point.
I'm not saying she became a genius because of Tony, I'm saying she was made a genius by Bendis so she could fill the same storytelling niche as Tony.
Fuck outta here with your kneejerk autism.

>*or* women

>This is a new trend of the new batch of shitty writers
This will always sound fucking retarded in a world where most of the people arguing over this gay shit are younger than Night Thrasher.

Do you think that matters to SJWs?

>I'm saying she was made a genius by Bendis so she could fill the same storytelling niche as Tony.

So your answer is "the wirters made it so"?

Well shit Sherlock you cracked the case, thanks for you irreplaceable contribution.

Laziness

When is Lunella going to build her own Supersuit?

Nadia and Riri already have proper gear while Lunella is still running around with spring loaded punching gloves

Those were more plausible though, for the obvious reasons.

>one's a successor to renowned genius Hank Pym
She's a successor to the Wasp, user. Janet Pym.

You know seniority in a profession has nothing to do with actual age? Fucing retard.

I guess for the same reason that Steve Rogers, Scott Summers, Clint Barton and James Howlett aren't.

Because they're murderers?

>smartest human on earth
>needs all that advanced tech to turn on a light bulb

more like dumbest am i right

kamala, robbie, and sam and jane aren't geniuses either

I don't know about miles

Yet she wasn't able to surpass him until now. See how that works? Probably not

>implying Robbie's skill as a mechanic isn't going to miraculously creep up absurdly high the second he encounters any sort of future tech whatsoever

Rule number 1 of fiction, if someone is good with technology they'll inevitably end up some sort of prodigy regarding it.

Miles is only study smart but barely. You gotta put him in a room for him to figure shit out. He is a loose sponge

It's not so much how common it is but rather how implausible.
Teen geniuses shouldn't be able to build fucking hi-tech robots from scratch, even in the Marvel universe. Even Parker and Richards couldn't do anything close to that at that age.

>Sam

Damn right he isn't.

Who's Jane?

Miles isn't a genius.

>. See how that works?
You mean completely missing what the argument is about but still replying like a smug retard? Oh no I see that alright.

>miles, sam and kamala aren't that smart

When are they having a threesome?

Also, what was ?

But she's filling Hank's narrative role of being a troubled, mentally ill genius.
Plus, Janet's still around. Hank isn't.

>it makes sense to have someone of his blood fill the Pym-quota.

You don't need to be a super genius to hit your partner though.

Jane isn't a teenager.

>being smart is part of what makes someone stand out from the norm.

Yeah, super powers totally aren't enough to do that on their own.

I will say, the comics need more straight up dumb characters.

I knocked them both out. Because I'm not that smart y'know?

>Implying that Moon Girl is not a satire and that Riri is not just bendis writing for his daughter.

Not that user and I don't know about Moon Girl. But yeah, I'd imply that Riri is just Bendis writing for the check he'd get everytime someone else uses her.

Go back to not appearing in comics, Tabitha.

You seem upset I unraveled your retarded point so easily. Stay upset my friend, stay upset.

You can't portray minorities as dumb user!

>disappointedThor.jpg

This is why I adore Hal Jordan. And Guy, to a lesser extent.

>I want this comic.

Any time one of Tony's "I have a suit of armor too" villains show up. There's your comic.

>Iron Man has a lot of villains in some form of powered armor

>people complain about Flash and evil speedsters

Kamala is smart. She's part of an exclusive science based school these days and does science fairs. It just hasn't become a dominating part of her characterization yet.

Give it five years and she'll be swapping jargon with Beast.

Those different armors can have different gimmicks and powers, which require Tony to outsmart them or engineer new solutions. That's part of why he's built so many specialty armors

When Flash comes up against an evil speedster on the show the solution has generally been "run faster"

Beast is genetics though and her boyfriend that left her is tech