Nocturnal Animals

Was the point that movie revenge is glorified and in real life it's just petty?

No, the message was that you should carry a gun.

Kek.

Pleasantly surprised by this one. The juxtaposition of the jarringly stuffy and austere Adams plotline and the gritty western plotline meshed much better than it should have. 7/10

BASED homo man BTFOs roasties everywhere with /OURGUY/ Jake Gyllenhaal

Not at all. The book's revenge scene is ridiculously unsatisfying while the "real" revenge scene of Amy Adams being rejected is not only satisfying but fair.

The point was that physical revenge as depicted in the book storyline is ultimately pointless and accomplishes nothing, but by writing the book Jake's character achieves real revenge by making Amy's character actually FEEL all of the pain that he experienced.

No the point is women are evil and will always toss you aside for an asshole chad

So it was pro-revenge?

This is a movie I wouldn't recommend to anyone

This movie made my wife feel physically ill. I admit it was tough for me to watch the gruesome kidnapping, rape then murder of the book family. It was a good story, but very tough.

lead it to a gay man to make anti-roastie kino.

Trust No Bitch: the Movie

The movie is not about revenge.

Sure it is, literally the entire movie is Gyllenhaal giving Adams the finger as revenge for cheating on him and aborting his baby.

someone spoil this movie for me it really seemed like some creepy cuck fetish type shit from the trailers i saw

It's literally written on the fucking wall. They spelled it out for you and you didn't get it.

No, the point was, never marry a liberal whore who wouldn't think twice to cuck you and then abort your child.

It wasnt The Best choice for a date movie

anyone else think the score made the movie better?
Ford is pretty good desu but I think the only reason I like this more than A Single Man is the score.
maybe. the opening 5 minutes would make you realise whether shes a keeper or not

A FUCKING BOOK

She seemed more conservative imo.

People always say this. But If bitches don't like good movies then fuck em. Though not literally I guess.

>liberal
dont know how youve come to this. She was very much conservative.
>abort the child
child wasn't aborted, watch the movie again

The baby was aborted. Watch the fucking film.

Its just very awkward to watch with someone you want to be with, or at least want to fuck. It only comes second after The Lobster in that regard. Lots of silence afterwards

>being this much of an idiot
lmao do I actually need to spell it out?

Her daughter is not his daughter.

That scene in the car? That's post-abortion.

>Her daughter is not his daughter.
come on now. its obvious. why include daughter in the novel? why does Ford have the daughter in the novel and Amy's daughter in exact same position after reading of their deaths? to say theyre red herrings is stupid by the director if so

>why does Ford have the daughter in the novel

Because he wants her to feel the pain he felt when he found out about the abortion? To see what it felt like to have your child taken from you?

>Get me Amy Adams!
>Uh, she's already cast in this movie, sir.
>Then get me her non-union, Australian equivalent!

Ywah

one of the best films of the deacde

the fammily kidnapp scene is one of the most disturbing things i have seen.

Are you a female? I notice that scene was very scary to girls because they could totally relate to being kidnapped, raped and killed in the middle of the desert. I personally find the chase and kidnapping scene very goofy and unintentionally hilarious in some parts. It was intentionally made cartoonish though because it's happening in the book.

fuck off you virgin being a women is not relevant to anything you fucking misogynist

different user but I'm a femanon and it did creep me out a bit because I was thinking about how helpless and uncomfortable I would be in a situation like that (even though it was pretty goofy especially with ATJ's performance).

kek

The message is that you can leave your middle-class husband who loves you, for rich 7ft Chad, but in the end your 7ft Chad will cheat on you and treat you like trash, while the middle class guy will love his next wife forever and always treat her well.

Him sitting her up at the end, was a gigantic "fuck you", since that was all she was looking forward to in that bleak existence of hers. Not to mention that his book was essentially a metaphor of her aborting his daughter and leaving him, which she realized when she was waiting for him.

Brutal film. 10/10.

>sitting up a woman
>"gigantic FUCK YOU"
lmao a female like that would just get another guy literally the next day, how delusional are you

>lmao a female like that would just get another guy literally the next day, how delusional are you
The movie showed she was at a point in her life where she wanted something else.

This was actually a good movie.

This, and probably the most interesting character in his novel is the dying cop. It was Jake's character but in a different form. She killed him inside when she aborted their child, like a man with cancer that has nothing to lose and doesn't care anymore. Which is why he doesn't show up at the end, he is dead inside, and she is dead to him.

When isn't revenge petty?

Best scene is when they discover the body and it cuts to Amy Adams hyperventlating

Thats not the point. She wasnt happy. She was literally depressed, lonely and pushing 40. Ofcourse she could find a next dude, that doesnt mean shes going to be happy.

she killed his child, without even telling him. she doesn't deserve to be happy.

Amy's fee are god damn nasty

That's the point

Thats the whole point. Her meeting him was like a glimmer of hope or a world long gone, where emotions and love was more important that status and wealth. She was looking forward to seeing her ex husband and relishing in the fact that she still had control over him.

what a bitch

solid meme content

Any more kinos like this?

Overrated Oscar-bait? Sure, go watch Gone Girl next.

still not sure the book added anything. i think the film would have been better if it had just been the story in the book itself as actual reality

also, that long ass section starting from when they get pushed off the road is some of the strongest 20 minutes or so of film i've seen in a long while. The way the tension was built was excellent

Did you guys miss the part where she makes fun of her parents for being conservative and religious?

They fucked up adaptation. In the book, she's married, suburban with two kids, dog, and seemingly perfect husband, not depressed and grey businesswoman. It's only through the story that she starts to long for her former beta nu male.

>it would have been better if the story in the book was in actual reality

How do you misunderstand a film THIS badly

BASED Michael Shannon was in top form in this movie. Someone recommend me some Shannon-kino

This pretty much. It wasn't plotted effectively at all. There are a thousand ways out that the Gyllenhaal character refuses to take for no good reason.

i understood it, just didn't think it added enough

I only read the book, too depressing ending for me to watch the movie as well. What did they change? Novel parts seem the same to me, real ones seem completely different. She gets the book, starts reading it, falls for her old boyfriend again, wants to meat him, lol toughluck whole book is a fuck you.

That's the whole point. He's too 'kind of heart' to take them. Everything goes from harmless to bad in a slow deliberately protracted fashion.

It's the best part of the film by far.