Was this Peter Jackson's Jar Jar Binks moment?

Was this Peter Jackson's Jar Jar Binks moment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-fcJm1Slk2E
youtube.com/watch?v=b-ryc54g0xc
youtube.com/watch?v=uHWJJ4BsHQw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah, the goblin king was pretty dope.

This
/thread

WHATIYOU GOING TO DO NOW WIZHID

everything about the Hobbit movies was Jar Jar.

in fact, id watch Phantom Menace before id watch those movies again.

No. This was one of the best parts.

Pic related was his Jar Jar Binks moment.

looks like old gollum

Except he's a big guy

Radagast, no question

this

They should have just cast the voice actor and touched him up with a little makeup

judging from that picture that's exactly what they did though?

Nah, that was actually pretty funny.

No it was pic related.

It's this.

Actually fuck it, Jackson's Jar Jar Binks moment was agreeing to turn the Hobbit into a trilogy. Longer than Lord of the Rings to boot. The whole series was a farce. The Lucas comparison is actually very accurate with the great original trilogy and series of unbelievably sub-par prequels.

THE HOBBIT SHARK JUMPING MOMENTS

>Scenes where budget Wormtongue pretends to be a woman
>Radagast's rabbit scenes

CRINGE GAP

>Every other Radagast scene
>Every other budget Wormtongue scene
>Elf king

CRINGE GAP

>Goblin King
>Tunneling worm scene
>Falling down the goblin mineshaft without getting damaged

Feel free to fill in what I've blocked from my memory. I won't even touch the deleted scenes.

>op is too young to understand why jarjar was shit

>Immortal angelic being older than Middle-Earth
>Lets birds shit in his hair

You forgot the Matrix Legolas scenes

I didn't mind the portrayal but Radagast had no business being in The Hobbit and him directly helping them was completely against his character.

No it's this guy 100%
>he's a funnier character than we've had before

>gets more screentime in 5 armies than bilbo

>Shooting the movie in high frame rate
>Making it into a trilogy
>Complete disrespect of the source material to achieve this, inclusion of generic and poorly written big bads that weren't even in the books to fill things out, literally trying to make what was always meant to be the quiet lead up to the actual epic saga into a story even more epic than said epic saga
>Overuse of CGI rather than the practical effects and on location shooting of the LOTR trilogy giving a complete change in tone, makes the movie seem more like Narnia than Tolkien
>Fart humour
>The Dwarves in general
>Billy fucking Connolly in general
>Ditching Del Toro

What isn't wrong with these movies, honestly

The only reason this wasn't the first post is because I imagine everyone forced themselves to forget him

Goblin King vs Cave Troll?

>get Martin Freeman, actually funny actor with perfect deadpan delivery
>he never gets to be funny in the slightest because the comedic parts of the script are all written by someone who probably thinks the word "poop" in inherently hilarious

Great use of talent there

No that would be the fucking unibrow guy.

>just finished watching the tolkien edit a few hours ago
>still pretty sloppy but manages to cut out most of the bullshit subplots
>this asshole is barely in it

You know you fucked up when you make the audience wish Grima Wormtongue was onscreen

To be fair, I would be happy is Brad Dourif was always on screen.

Go to the North. Meet with the Dunedain. There is a young Ranger among them. His father, Arathorn, was a good man. His son may grow to be a great one. He is known in the wild as Strider. His true name, you must discover for yourself.

Grima was good. Alfrid however...

>You must recruit him if you wish to usher in The Return of the King

So he gave Legolas a quest to figure out Aragorn's name and that's how they became friends?

youtube.com/watch?v=-fcJm1Slk2E

Alfrid is the key to all of this

Except Aragon didn't get the name until he became a ranger and during the Hobbit he would have been like 10 years old

You can tell by looking at him that this guy is a pedo.

No shit.
Barry Humphries' performance was one of the best things about the first movie. Not to mention, the Goblin King's CG was pretty good and it looked like they actually gave a shit about making him look gross and real, unlike everything else in the next 2 movies.

>in fact, id watch Phantom Menace before id watch those movies again.
unironically this

How dare you

He is funny as fuck
dame Edna is a comedic legend

What is the lore behind is skin condition?

Aragorn would be ~27 at the time of the Hobbit, old enough to be a ranger.

>not making only one hobbit movie and fully embracing the childlike and lighthearted tone of the novel

>*dwarf fart*

Are you sure? From what I've read:
>Aragorn was born in the year 2931
>Bilbo Baggins’ quest to the Lonely mountain began in 2941 and lasted 13 months

>no tom bombadil

for real

Unexpected Journey was 10/10 until that stone giant scene and it quickly went to shit from there. The other two movies are unredeemable

I saw these movies and yet as I read this thread I keep going "holy shit...I completely forgot about that...that was in those movies?" This never happens with any other film. Does anyone else have this experience with the Hobbit trilogy? Like, you forget huge portions of the movies. Is this the most forgettable series in existence?

OP, no, having that annoying bird shit covered asshole in The Hobbit part 1 was his Jar Jar moment!!!FACT!!!

This is Tolkien's jar jar binks moment 2bh

It was actually pretty well done. A lot like what was in the books and kinda like the R&B Hobbit

W-W-W-WRONG

I can't watch it, I'll get mad again.

From the LotR wiki
>Aragon. Born: March 1, 2931
>Battle of Five Armies. Date: November 23, 2941

Cutting out this retard was the best thing Jackson's ever done.

No, Desolation Of Smaug was the "Jar Jar" moment and yes I mean the whole movie. Don't even get me started on Battle Of The Fuve Armies...

LOOK AT THIS DUDE

Legolas Surfing on shit in the 2nd and 3rd lotr movies was his Jar Jar moment.

LotR Wiki doesn't apply to the movies which skip the years where Frodo does fuck all in the shire, then moves his home etc etc before finally heading out.

Tom Bombadil was too Lynchian[ for PJ's movies. The whole Old Forest chapter with Bombadil is like a weird dream.

BOMBADILED

>yfw you realize the whole movie is Jar Jar Binks moments sewed up together

Phantom Menace is kind of good aside from Jar Jar and the Anakin bullshit. The film looks great and was comprised of original ideas which makes it better than most of today's safe big budget stuff.

Unfortunately a lof of the original ideas it had were bad ones.

Literally this.

This fucking right here. I can give Peter a break for the preproduction being rushed and having to practically come up with shit on set - but why in the ever loving fuck did he think giving this obnoxious twat any screen time was a good idea?

Podracing, droids, double lightsabers, clones, blasters, explosions, General Grievous, dogfighting in space, crashing a destroyer into Coruscant and Darth Maul are God-tier if you're a kid.

Yep. I can stand a lot of the nonsense and shitty writing for all of the good stuff in the prequels. It's probably one of the most creative films in the last two decades. It's just too bad it was all in service to a shit story and characters.

No, the barrel sequence of dwarves slapsticking their way through a battle was.

And that ended up paving the way for BoFA

The studio demanded 3 movies, it was supposed to be only 2

he probably gave up, said "fuck it" and put this shit in on purpose

No, Goblin King was great.

youtube.com/watch?v=b-ryc54g0xc

this. so pissed they dropped the ball. had all the cast they needed back i think martin is a great bilbo, the riddles in the dark scene and the dwarves coming to bilbos house are amazing and feel like they sit fine next to LOTR and yet somehow other parts of these movies are so terrible its like its not the same crew making them.

its a tragedy really as we will never get a good hobbit movie, should have been two films and do the fucking plot of the hobbit not all the unnecessary shit.

Alfrid was LITERALLY jj

>we will never get a good hobbit movie
Excuse me, faggot?

tom bombadiol is literally something bioware would write

in fact they literally did write it, bravo tolkien

What is the point of sequel bait in a prequel?

>THAT'S MY WEE LAD, GIMLI
>*looks directly at the camera*
>Did you get that reference, folks? Gimli and Legolas ended up meeting and being best friends in Lord of the Rings. You the audience already knows this, but the characters in the movie don't. That's what makes it funny.

youtube.com/watch?v=uHWJJ4BsHQw

scuse you

He wanted to do 2 movies, they had script for 2. Studio pushed for the 3 movies.

implying it wasnt a good and funny scene and you didn't laugh

Hi, Peter

>Beware that Grima Wormtongue, Fredo. I once knew a man similar to him by the name of Alfrid Lickspittle that I met during my adventure to the Lonely Mountain. He was present during The Battle of the Five Armies, but instead of fighting with the men he instead dressed as a woman so he could go around stealing coins and other pieces of treasure. He would hide the coins he stole inside of a corset which created the illusion of him having breasts. It was quite humorous seeing him adjust his coin-boobs the same way a woman would if she was wearing an uncomfortable brazier, jingling and jangling all the while... When we found out what he was doing we tied him up in a burlap sack and hung him from a catapult. We let him keep the coins for some reason though. They were still hidden in his corset/bra. However, one of the coins sliped out of his corset and fell on the catapult lever, causing the catapult to launch him right inside of a troll's mouth just as the troll was about to defeat our good friend and ally Gandalf. Yes, the same wise and powerful wizard that you and I both know was nearly vanquished by a simple troll after his staff quit working because the emerald in it went bad. Turns out that's the source of his power. A little emerald in the top part of his staff. He must have gotten a new one since then because I don't think he's ever had the problem again. We never found out what happened to Alfrid Lickspittle after he was launched from that catapult. He likely was killed along with the troll. He was a good friend

Goober

WHAT IS PETER JACKSON DOING THESE DAYS?

wandering angrily around huge piles of money and gold hearing voices

>PJ might go schizo and create the most expensive crazy kino ever

that fucking scene

Fan service. That's the demographic. Lowest common denominator. Mention a character from LOTR and they all shit themselves at getting the reference. Same thing goes for the scene where Gloin mentions his "wee lad Gimli" to Legolas. Cue simultaneous audience ejaculation.

>Fredo

Tunneling worms.
I thought I was completely broken up to that point, but Peter sure proved me wrong.

nydus right into their main

I like the first hobbit movie, it had a nice sense of adventure to it. Shame Jackson ruined it with the other 2. It could had been an amazing single-movie or 2 part movie.

Those scenes actually fuck up the original movies too. The Battle of Pelenor Fields was GOAT tier until the OP squad turned up and it turned into Jackson's Legolas fanfic. All the weight and epicness of the preceding scenes was diminished when Legolas started 360 no-scoping everyone and grinding his skateboard down the elephant's trunk.

The elf hard on PJ has is extremely annoying.

You forgot the Go-Pro footage.

>He is known in the wild as Strider
no he fucking isn't, only folks in Bree call him that, and it's derogatory

in the books, bilbo was born in 2890 and and aragorn in 2931, thus aragorn is 41 years younger. bilbo sets out with the dwarves in 2941 at the age of 50, and aragorn would have been 9.

in the movies, aragorn tells eowyn he is 87 years old a few months after bilbo's 111th birthday. aragorn is thus about 24 years younger than bilbo. if bilbo was 50 when he set out with the dwarves then aragorn would have been 26. I don't remember if they mention bilbo's age inthe hobbit movies, but he does seem younger than 50, so aragorn might have been younger.

absolutely disgusting
Didn't they make a big deal of their custom made rapids shooting rig they built too in the behind the scenes videos, which from memory was just a go pro in a box but it floats and had a couple of guys in wetsuits next to it
Bet he felt like he needed to use that footage since they were so proud of it even though fucking YouTube Sweaty Palm compilations have better quality footage.

>111st
FTFY