>3 "About a Girl" - 4.05 million

BRAVO SETH

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/tv/news/fox-fall-2017-schedule-gifted-x-files-1202426702/
youtube.com/watch?v=Kmut6FJ1d4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>season 1 ratings are totally indicative of a shows ultimate success
are you familiar with a show called star trek

At this rate it's not gonna get more than one season. The rest of Thursday lineups are coming up and FOX is always eager to cancel shit.

post football drops are pretty normal

at this rate it will be less than 3m next week

Are you familiar with a network called FOX?

>everyone watches it on sundays
>move it to Thursdays without telling anyone
>surprised when no one watched it

This show has the exact feel of tng, only with slight comic relief. I kind of like it.

3 million is the cut off. No way they sink any more cash into that sinking ship.

Almost Human averaged 6 million viewers and still got canned. This shit doesn't stand a chance.

Why was the last episode so bad? Not just the crappy premise, but the writing was super lazy as well. I was honestly hoping to get into this show

Too bad fox will cancel it and Star trek diversity will get like 5 seasons due to netflix meme

What show is this?

how do you sink a ship in space user?

Seth gets a bit of leeway because he always made money for his friends

Not so much after this..

you can't really be this retarded, can you?

>grow up with Family Guy as a preteen
>grow jaded and start hating Seth in my teens
>now in 20's and can appreciate Seth for his passion and love of comedy again even despite not always hitting the mark

feels good bros

It's a live action show from the same guy that made Family Guy and A Million Ways to Die in the West.

You shouldn't watch it.

>all these nu-posters on Sup Forums trying to scrub Seth's history

I'm not having it. His output has been shit for years.

American Dad was great tho and that was created after Family Guys decline.

>1 "Old Wounds" - 8.56 million
Sunday
>2 "Command Performance" - 6.63 million
Sunday
>3 "About a Girl" - 4.05 million
random switch to Thursday

It lost about 2 million viewers each week. The move to Thursday is keeping with that trend. The question is when does the bleeding stop and where do the ratings stabilize or rebound.

>what is firefly
>

>what is firefly
Completely overrated garbage.

American Dad was a disaster. It was far worse than Family Guy.

But hey, what do I know. TWD is the number one show in the USA.

>random

So random is was announced in May

>“Orville” will get a platform launch on Sunday behind an NFL double-header before moving to its regular slot, Walden said. “We see an opportunity for growth with younger men” on Thursday, Walden said, noting MacFarlane’s strong following and the loyal fan base for “Gotham.”

variety.com/2017/tv/news/fox-fall-2017-schedule-gifted-x-files-1202426702/

>Every single episode has been solved by a 21st century pop culture reference
Because it totally makes sense for all of these bridge officers of a starship would constantly make references to TV shows from 200 years ago.

Seth is a hack and literally can't write anything except pop culture jokes.

I really hated that Beyonce joke in particular

Jumping from Sunday to Thursday is not the same thing. Orville's 1.1 was actually higher than Gotham starting season 4 before it with a 1.0.

Moving Orville to Thursday was a terrible decision.

The jokes were spot on. But the timing sucked. They need better delivery of the jokes

It was awful. And before the shills try to argue
>But Star Trek referenced shit all the time
TNG occasionally references to our times but it was too huge important works like Shakespeare and Mozart and the like, people who's works have already lasted for centuries and will likely to continue to do so.

Why would a young black man in the 23rd century know what Dora the Explorer is?

Yeah stuff like the Rudolph gag worked so much better because it's a fairly timeless film and the joke was Bortus misunderstanding random parts of it, like euthanizing Rudolph for being different

It worked slightly better but I disagree with calling Rudolph "timeless". It's only a few decades old and I've already run into kids and teens who have never seen it.

You let Lucas direct.

This has always annoyed me about future shows, any reference is to high culture like Mozart rather than, say, Big Brother.
I think the first time I saw this mold broken in earnest was in Babylon5 where Garibaldi had a picture of Daffy Duck on his wall. I loved that, for all the galaxy-defining shit that was going on there was still a real past that people could look to.

Because it makes sense. There are TV shows from 10 years ago that no one remembers yet people still talk about Descartes or Chopin because of their brilliance.

Ed's Kermit made me think of that

With how prolific on-demand options are, why are viewer numbers the first time it airs still relevant?

He doesn't write for American Dad, not after the first few ywars.

Viewer numbers include DVR and On Demand. Most reports have Live, Live+3 and, and Live+5, the pluses being days. Your cable provider can track when you've watched something on DVR or On Demand, the network will report the highest of the numbers they can.

What netflix meme? It won't be on netflix.

DSC is on Netflix in most countries because CBS Access is only available in north america

It's on Netflix in every country but America.

What makes you think anyone outside of America will put up with American SJW bullshit?

You're right, Star Trek is exclusively an American past time. None of us outside your continent have ever heard of it

m8 my old man watches this show, i guarantee you he has no idea it got switched to thursday. not everyone spends 25 hours a day on the internet like you buddy

Yeah I can vouch that I missed this week's episode because I thought I could just keep on catching it after Football on Sundays. Move to thursday fucking sucks.

Not what I said at all. The entire world will learn, once it airs, that STD is not Star Trek. Jesus, just read what the show's creators have to say about it. They hate Star Trek fans and would rather #ResistTrump than make a decent Star Trek show. They are going to piss all over our beloved franchise in order to preach about their preferred politics. I don't care about left or right politics either way, but I watch TV shows like Star Trek to be entertained, not to be lectured.

>2017
>TV ratings matter

This. Why do they keep relying on things like Nielsen's when most of us watch these offline on many, many different devices. Surely watching things 'live' is a thing of the past.
How many people who didn't know The Orville had changed slots (like me) missed it and then downloaded it to watch later? That still counts as a view right?

How freaking tall was that kelly chick? Or was all the male actors pretty short?

But it's the current year!

We have to talk about #BigIssue because #BigIssuesAreBig!

#Woke

If you downloaded it it LITERALLY does not count as a view because you are not paying for it. And only the opinion of paying customers matters.

It amazes me people refuse to watch this show just because of Seth.
They're like teenagers refusing to listen to an album because it's on the radio

5' 9 + 4 inch heels

First half of the episode honestly felt like I was watching TNG. From the captain's interaction with Worf2 right down to the way scenes transitioned. The ethical debate of changing an infant's gender was very intriguing (as well as relevant to our culture), but it was completely spoiled as the episode devolved into "muh gender better dan yours" in the court session.

But if the dinosaur broadcasting companies gave me the option, I'd do it legitimately. Hell even the Bongs have things like iPlayer so they can catch-up on whatever they missed.

You can get it on Hulu, next day. You are paying for Hulu right?

The 1st officer's arguments were disregarded as clearly bullshit though. She tried it because she's not a space lawyer and it completely failed. I liked it

Braga is a faggit

Not him, but I cancelled my Hulu subscription. I was paying an extra 4 dollars a month for no commercials, but several shows I watched still had commercials because they weren't part of that deal. Even though Hulu never mentioned this when I agreed to pay the extra 4 dollars.

We're talking about The Orville, not Fire...oh.

Oh no.

So you're not paying for it even though they have given you legal options. So again your opinion means nothing.

Isn't that still really good

This. The episode did a great job of showing both sides, or at least remaining ambiguous if it couldn't show both sides. That's all I ask. 99% of TV and movies are political in one way or another. I'm just tired of being lectured first and entertained second.

Unlike most Sup Forums users, I don't mind if people think or feel differently than me. I just don't want to be talked down to while watching a god damn TV show.

I watch Fox with my terrestrial HD antenna. Don't open your mouth if you don't know the facts, bitch.

>drops by more than 50%
>isn't that still really good

>Don't open your mouth if you don't know the facts, bitch.

But how else will I fill it with cocks?

So you're not paying for it. So again your opinion means nothing.

It's alright but when you match it to other over-the-air channels, it's kind of low.
You have to factor in this is the same night as football in the US too, so a good number of viewers aren't watching anything else but that.
It was still a bad move to change it for a Biggie and Tupac discussion for the umpteenth time.

>makes multiple successful TV series by copying the simpsons
>makes another one by copying star trek
Is there any stopping this man?

shit, seinfeld almost got cancelled multiple times during its first four seasons because ratings were trash. back then it took years for memes to propagate through the populace

Just finished About a Girl.

That's the most Star Treky- Star Trek I've seen in about a decade.

And that's from a show by a dude that made his money doing fart and dick-jokes.

>And that's from a show by a dude that made his money doing fart and dick-jokes.

You understand that Seth is a massive Star Trek dork right? This show is the self-insert fanfic he's spent his whole career trying to convince people to let him make.

>You understand that Seth is a massive Star Trek dork right?

I knew he was a big fan. Got himself as some walk-on appearance on Enterprise.

> This show is the self-insert fanfic he's spent his whole career trying to convince people to let him make

Good. He keeps up writing like this I hope he gets 6 or 7 seasons. TNG wished they were this fucking good in their first 3 episodes.

>walk-on appearance

He got lines with a member of the main cast in two episodes. That's more than the King of Jordan managed on Voyager

Hey Sup Forums, can you name the mystery Fox show in my image? I'll give you 3 guesses but I know you won't need more than one. You know The Orville is doomed.

They moved the show to Thursday

>King of Jordan
what? the King of Jordan got on Voyager? How much money did his buddy the Prince of Nigeria give to the show to pull that off?

youtube.com/watch?v=Kmut6FJ1d4M

Week two was fucked up due to the football game having a long delay which in turn delayed the start of The Orville. This was especially bad for those with DVRs who ended up with mostly the end of a football game recorded.

Remember, this week Orville went from having an NFL lead-in to directly competing with the NFL. Ratings will stabilize or increase next week. The Sunday to Thursday shift was always going to be the hardest week for the series, and there's still no real competition yet.

When the other networks roll out their shit, The Orville is competing against Thursday Night Football, Will+Grace, and Scandal. The only one of those shows it shares a demo with is football, which it was already competing with this week (and football has a lot of explaining to do right now with this CTE shit).

This week was rough, but it shouldn't get much worse for The Orville. I hope the show finds its audience.

>move the show
>don't tell anyone
>"what are ratings bad?"
Fox is staffed by morons.

Why do the ratings keep dropping?

>"muh gender better dan yours" in the court session.
It wasn't that, she was trying to prove that ones gender does not define how good or bad a person is and how much they can contribute to society

The half bad comedy half serious thought provoking moral dilemma didn't work. I can tell you it didn't work because I watched the show with my dad and he said during the show "this sucks I'm not watching this anymore." He is a sci-fi maniac who owns like 200 collector's plates from assorted sci-fi series and even he can't stand the pop culture references.

I bet your dad hated the baseball episode of DS9 too

Most old sci-fi fans hate fun

>dad owns 200 sci-fi collector's plates
What a cool guy. Pffffttt.

He's a boomer no bully plz.

Someone please give me a (You) for this I spent 6 hours making this image and figuring out how to take a screenshot. Also I'm female so you have no choice but to respond because you're biologically unable to resist.

Yes I'm watching STD but I'm stealing it like everyone else because paying for something that should be on Netflix should be illegal.

This show fucking sucks and I cannot wait to laugh at all you fucking pathetic nerds when it gets cancelled!!!!

Anybody who likes this show, just kys. Trust me. The world will be better off without you because no one loves you and you have no life.

A genuinely fun show to watch. I feel like it's going to become even more similar to Star Trek's more serious tone but they should tone down the pop culture references. Pretty disappointed it's probably not gonna get a second season because everyone is a pleb.

This will get renewed.

Its going to flop

no (you) for you,

I'm sorry, but you sci-fi geeks are ruining this hottie's career!

First a knock off gi joe movie, then a knock off marvel show, then a knock off star trek show.

This bitch should be getting backdoored on The Deuce or skinny dipping in Shameless. Hell, I'd even take a bare ass shot on Ray Donovan.

But no... she went to a couple Cons and all you weenie chumps fawned all over her. Got it in her head she's an action hero and/or funny. You chumps are scum. You don't deserve to have your useless dicks.

Liking Orville means you hate hot chicks getting naked and you should be ashamed of yourselves! Fucking losers.

You know she was born a man, right

This is the most autistic thing you can possibly do on Sup Forums.

I really don't like the tit physics in that picture.

frontpage edit: thanks for the gold stranger!!!

>kept it male
That's funny