Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/jfndb
collider.com/star-trek-discovery-original-vision-bryan-fuller/
cbr.com/star-trek-discovery-mature/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*breathes out*

*meditates*

*yawns*

Threadly reminder that they actually booted Bryan Fuller from being the showrunner because the wanted the TOS-appropriate design for the ship and color coded uniforms.

*breathes in*

Daily reminder that they booted Fuller because he can't keep to a schedule and wanted to delay the show for a fourth time.

Thank-you for Correcting Bigoted Sillies! (CBS)

0.01 minutes of FREE CBS All Access viewing time has been added to your CBS All Access account!

>Gretchen Berg
more like Iceberg

Boy you sure don't like being wrong, huh?

Hey, good on them finally getting rid of that pesky charcter, now they can release their Star Trek show that looks nothing like Star Trek on time! I'm on the edge of my seat!

>alt right triggering thread
mmm tasty

wtf I love shit tv shows now

Is there a point to this? A link? An interview? Anything significant to acknowledge other than our fellow contempt for a group determined to ruin my faith in new Star Trek?

cool Star Trek post about Star Trek in a Star Trek thread my dude

There are girls in the show and girls are bad because they won't date us
Also black people and jews and stuff

What are the chances that she's never actually watched any Star Trek series before?

No, we love it when their bullshit fails.

lmao, if that bitch looked like DC Fontana there wouldn't be a problem here

This isn't a woman thing, this is a personality thing

>we
How do I get into your little alt-right club? You guys are so cool!

Very high.

The actors haven't been instructed to watch any trek so it's doubtful that the producers have

There are ugly losers in every political ideology, especially the far left.

First black lead?
Okay, fuck, I'm fucking tirggered like a little SJW shit right now.

WHAT ABOUT MUTHERFUCKING SISKO THE EMISSARY YOU FUCKING FUCK FUCKS!!!!11

wtf i immediately regret my vote now

That's why I'm red-pilled like you friendo

That was back when positive race relations actually had a chance. None of that counts now.

It's not even worth the effort to post some blue-haired SJW freak.

That depiction is wrong.

Here is the correct intended messages -

"Women are smarter, and better, especially black women when faced against authoritarian white looking aliens against angry Trump supporting Klingons."

"White men are stupid, a black woman did it right long before Kirk, and Picard were potty trained."

"Black women are more sophisticated, more disciplined, more admirable than white people who all need to be blamed for all of the world's problems."

If everyone fom Sup Forums refused to watch this show can you imagine the impact on their ratings?
none

Why, are blue haired freaks spamming this board with policial crybaby threads about tv shows every day? It seems that they have more of a life. How sad is that.

CBS is going to kill this show all on its own.

so these are the people who said the cast can't say god

makes sense

Nah, google shows me that image was shoop. It says first black female lead.
Still, it's a step backwards. We had a French bald Captain years ago. THAT's diverse. A black female lead is just so average and expected. Frankly, I would take an arab lead or something over this with no problem.

>are blue haired freaks spamming this board with policial crybaby threads about tv shows every day?

Yes.

Link to one left-leaning political thread on Sup Forums. Go ahead.

wait this is a Netflix show?

the article was edited

How many times are you going to post that? We get it, liberals are the coolest and conservatives are all virgins

hes literally alpha though

this is the show runner for DS9

In America it's on CBS's streaming service, CBS: All Access.
Internationally, it's distributed by Netflix.

It seems like we need to keep reminding you though

Get it before it's pruned.

That font is so fucking ugly

Could you be any more obvious you dumb shill? You may have done damage control but you can't edit the internet

archive.fo/jfndb

Thanks for admitting you are wrong, I appreciate that.

Please just accept me, I'm so horny and I want pussy so bad
I'll vote Democrat
White people are so ugly

When we're able talk about Sup Forums shows without a bunch of tards freaking out because a black person was in it, I'll stop posting it.

Honestly I'm not freaking out that there is a black woman lead in Star Trek.
I'm mostly bothered that there has been nothing interesting offered to peak my curiosity in the stories, and the pointless inconsistencies, neither any attempt to provide substantial reasons for why another idiotic prequel.

don't forget Isaacs pulling the "you'll watch it anyways" card, always a sign of quality

I'm going to give it a chance, but I'm not really thrilled about the whole "Klingons from the past" aspect of the story. Is this one ship, or group of Klingons going the be the focus of the whole season? You have a whole Klingon Empire you could write stories about. It feels limited.

How can I be as cool as you?

>Gretchen Berg
When you're so fat you get named after a town, Gettysburg

Yeah, that too didn't help. There is a huge careless arrogance being projected at us as if we'll simply eat up whatever shit they throw at us.

Story? meh...Consistency? HAH! Here's a fancy bowl of shit - NOW EAT IT UP! shitheads.

Bryan Fuller did most of the design work before he left, but don't let that stop your narrative

He is right though.

fans are not ever gonna stop bitching so why care what they say

they'll pirate it, maybe. He at least had the dignity not to turn his condescension into an advertisement for whatever the streaming service is called, so he can technically still be right

the WHITE MALE will STFU and listen to the queen whale when she is talking. white males should ONLY follow orders of the queen whales unless they want to be consumed. this is an example of a good white male following orders, and he will be allowed to live when the world changes.

>narrrative

collider.com/star-trek-discovery-original-vision-bryan-fuller/

>The network also set aside other elements of Fuller’s vision like “a more heavily allegorical and complex story line” and his vision for the uniforms, which were “a subdued spin on the original series’ trio of primary colors.”

Get fucked CBS shill

hey illiterate retard, an allegorical storyline and changing the costumes has nothing to do with over 90% of the production design

cringey

>berg

The whole "Klingons, but they're from the past" storyline is just bizzare. It feels like they're doing it just to justify the new look they all have, but why did they bother doing it? Why do they have to be Klingons? Why not just create a new race of aliens? It's Star Trek for crying out loud, the show built a name off of introducing new alien worlds and species every week. If you had shown me the design for these new "Klingons" without telling me what they are, I would never have guessed that's what they were supposed to be (they look more like pic related).

There's other elements of this as well, like now the main character is Spock's foster sister, who was never mentioned in TOS or any of the moives? It's not impossible, but again, why? Why does everything have to have a direct connection to the previous shows? Why not create some new characters?

holy shit do you even read the reply chains before you post you mongoloid

do you have fucking dementia? the Discovery's design was released while Fuller was still showrunner, if you wanna throw a bitch fit about the general look of the show keeping Fuller was not going to change that. he wanted to redesign the series from the ground up.

the whole trump followers are the bad guys
black cast because its so contrarian to do so
its just a trainwreck
also the logistics of it will doom it from the start, nobody is going to pay sub fee to watch it

we all know you don't watch Star Trek

Is Star Trek really big outside the US? The rest of the world gets it on Netflix, but that basically means that the international audience is responsible for keeping the show alive until CBS realizes their mistake.

(((((((((((berg))))))))))))))))))) and ((((((((((((((((Habberts))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm not American so i don't care much for identity and diversity shit, but i won't be watching it because it's supposed to happen at the same time as TOS, but everything is modernized grimdark actiontrash.

>modernized grimdark actiontrash.
It's the Game of Thrones effect.

Again, honestly they've failed to provide any reasons why it deserves the name Star Trek, or why I should be interested in paying to see it other than modernized vfx.

That is not enough to peak my interest.

CHRIS FARLEY IS ALIVE!

AND HE'S DOING HIS DRUNK GIRL SHTICK!

eh, it takes place in the Cage era which didn't have a lot of color yet

I'm eurotrash and I've never heard anyone mention Star Trek ever, and when those films came out no one they were advertised more as a regular sci-fi flick than as a part of the franchise, or maybe it was just one film, can't really remember, so in my experience Star Trek doesn't seem to have much pull.

She could sink Titanic if she wanted to.

>My black lead

Then why is ds9 held in such high regard amongst trekkies?

No, that is wrong, everything you said is wrong

>Call body shame a bad thing
>Celebrate bearded ladies as POWERFUL
>Criticize the looks of others

Canoodles my spaghetti

Outside of US and Canada. In US its pilot will air on CBS and rest will be on their streaming service that no one uses. In Canada it will be aired by some channel and it will be on some local streaming service.

It's not trekkies that have a problem with thsi show, it's nu-conservatives that whine about everything that ever happens on television and the internet. They weren't going to watch it anyway but boy they sure want to bitch about it.

Well I don't care because Star Trek is fucking gay anyway
I didn't even want a (you)

>CBS shills trying this hard

Holy shit it's gonna bomb so bad, this is like CTR all over again

>it's nu-conservatives that whine about everything that ever happens on television and the internet. They weren't going to watch it anyway but boy they sure want to bitch about it

No, it's fucking assholes who start shit under the guise of "fighting" the other side preemptively.

doesn't matter, USA trends for rest of the world, if it doesn't track in NA, it won't track worldwide, all critics are US based all production is US based

its just a doomed production from start til finish. im sure theyll push it for multiple seasons to try to chase them HBO bucks, but they dont understand thats not how hbo and game of thrones became such a success.

and to the other retard, yes i do watch star trek, great series and lots of potential. regressing the plot and contriving the social commentary is going to torpedo the series before it even begins, hence why the series will have no critic reception, its a pure cash grab and its going to fail spectacularly

I FUCKING HATE WHITE PEOPLE REEEEEEEEE

And here we have a perfect example of a shill that is underpaid and doesn't know what he is doing

Note the use of the "not a true fan" fallacy, the implication that anyone who has a problem with this is not a so-called "trekkie". This particular shill appears unaware that this is not something that star trek fans care about as most of them are wary of the fandom.

wut

It doesn't matter if its good, it matters if it makes money.
I mean they ruined star wars and made a lot of money with it, why not ruin star trek as get rich as well.

Well, you gotta goble that corporate cock or else you are not a true fan.

If you dislike things, you are triggered.

because star wars has normie appeal and star trek doesn't

It was in late 80's and 90's, at least in most European countries. TNG, DS9, Voyager and original movies were on tv on regular basis. In 90's only bigger sci-fi show on tv was X-files.

“All life is born from chaos. The world doesn’t always adhere to logic. Sometimes down is up. And sometimes when you’re lost, you’re found.”

cbr.com/star-trek-discovery-mature/

>“For us, it has to be really carefully considered. One of the most important things that [co-showrunner] Gretchen [J. Berg] and I have been learning since we came on the show is, just how anecdotally people come to Trek by way of their mother, their father, their older brother or their older sister. How many families watch the show, took in the show, turn it off, had a debate. It really is a property that is passed down generation to generation.”

>“We have a moment where three of our scientists have just pulled off the most incredible thing ever [...] and one of them says, 'This is so fucking cool.' [...] And her boss, played by Anthony Rapp, turns to her and says, “You’re right, cadet — this is fucking cool.”

This is a reminder to tell your kids how fucking cool this show will be.

Oh they will normalize it, believe me.

More tasty after the cancelation

cringey post my man