I just finished watching "Watchmen". Where do I go from here? Honestly feels 2DEEP4U

I just finished watching "Watchmen". Where do I go from here? Honestly feels 2DEEP4U

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J0I4BSiRxO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Where do I go from here?

Back to middle school.

you read it

I think there's a prequel about The Minutemen. Either that or I dreamed hearing about this.
Either track that down or read the read damn thing.

>Honestly feels 2DEEP4U
You're going to struggle with the book then.

Should I be starting from graphic novel that was published in 1971?? What about the "before watchmen" comics? I need more watchmen

>Should I be starting from graphic novel that was published in 1971??
Yes.
> What about the "before watchmen" comics?
No. Only if you really, really want.

What's wrong with before watchmen? Is it just an origin story of all the main characters? Is there like a mega collection/omnibus that I can pick up that will include all the "before watchmen"?

It was published in 1986-87.

Have you read it yet?
The book itself is much better.

Watchmen is this weird movie in which proves that panel for panel adaptations dont always work. Strictly by its self, its an ok movie. But in truth the graphic novel is better and works because of the visual medium its based in. While it is nice to have Dr Manhattan have more reason to leave earth and somewhat come full circle with him being blamed, they kind of missed the point on why the squid aliens were important and should not have been scrapped

They couldn't show all those dead bodies tho

its just not that good

the squid aliens were only important because it was a metaphor for a comic itself, thats why we only ever see the "artists" behind it and never any of the scientists involved in making it.

Also don't give me any of the "well the world would blame America for Manhattan's actions!" bullshit, I think having it be blamed on him works much better for movies since most superhero movies up until that point had the hero being either blamed for, or the reason for, their villain showing up.

>1971
I don't even know where you got that

>"well the world would blame America for Manhattan's actions!" bullshit
The reason people say that is because the movie had pseudo-Manhattan blast attack the USSR among other targets, instead of just USA.

I always saw the squid as a deconstruction of the silver age. The whole comic is a deconstruction of how superheros and their worlds work. A giant monster squid who's creator makes it look like an alien seems like a silly, silver-age type threat, but when put into a brutally realistic (for comics) world it's actually pretty damn horrifying.

and so? He attacks the whole world, if anything that is more reason for everyone to band together than just the US being attacked.

it's a lot harder for Russia to claim it was a false flag operation if the attacker isn't an American and only attacked an American city

As a girl, I just wanna say that the slo-mo sex scene and Comedian almost raping that Silk cunt were extremely hot, I don't care what anyone says.

Also Hack Snyder is a pussy faggot for not showing her get forcefully rammed and impregnated by the Comedian.

Hit the nail on the head.
user think of Before Watchmen like the Star Wars Prequels

>As a girl
Fuck off

Alan Moore doesn't approve of Before Watchmen, and they're generally considered shit. Just read Watchmen and that be it

Read it again. Watch this. Then read it again.
youtube.com/watch?v=J0I4BSiRxO0