It's a Sup Forums being wrong again episode

>It's a Sup Forums being wrong again episode

STD.

Are they going to release the whole season at once?

And why isn't the first episode leaked yet?

>Like no Trek you've seen before.

Soooo...not Star Trek.

HIGHLY DOUBTFUL considering the talent pool we have here on Sup Forums... we're pros at reviewing shit.

>like no trek you've seen before

Lol so shit?

That damage control.

So you havent seen deep space nine yet?

I hate that nigger from walking dead with a passion

You don't need to be a pro to like Or hate a tv show/movie

Movie and tv critics are hacks

Is this supposed to be good? Star Trek and tv shows in general peaked with TOS

Has anyone honestly said:" I want a Star Trek that is like no Trek seen before."?

No.

I-is that an eye in a pyramid

>Captain, that's a Klingon vessel.
>It's a wonder they acquired warp drive technology at all, with how discriminatory and warlike they're people are.
>To think, Earth could have been the very same...
>Thankfully we dismantled the white patriarchy years ago.

I'm waiting for it.

Reminder Star Trek Beyond bombed at the box office even though it received critical acclaim. No amount of shilling will save STD. The people behind it scared away all of the Trekkies and normies don't give a shit about Star Trek.

Cool I hope it turns out to be great that means we'll have good 2 Trek shows running at the same time with orville.

>Mashable

It would have been more credible coming from a fake Twitter

The lead actress thinks she's the first black lead, the creators think she's the first female lead and the people who interview them can't spell Trek properly

It's like nothing you've seen before

>Like no Trek you've seen before

So... Is It good then?

>the people who interview them can't spell Trek properly
Quality of professional journalists and critics in year 2017.

Let's petition to make Simon Pegg and Doug Jung develop a Star Trek show.

>it's like no Trek you've seen before

Of that I have no doubt

Discovery is going to fail and you know it, OP. Time and time again it has been proven that general audiences don't care about Star Trek. Enterprise got cancelled, the JJTrek films weren't huge hits, and Beyond was a financial disaster.

All memes aside I reckon it'll be fine.

It'll be retarded and contrived to make the story work, but it'll be basically fine, watchable sci-fi tripe.

It's not going to win over any fans, but it'll sell a fuckload of props and uniforms to cosplayers and get steadily less glowing reviews for the two seasons before it's cancelled.

THIS SHOW COSTS MORE THAN S7 GAME OF THRONES

AND THEY PUT IT ON A CBS' STREAMING SERVICE

>Like no Trek you've seen before

It literally looks like JJ Abrams' Trek movies.

>it tells me what i want to hear and reinforces my status-quo mass market borrowed opinions, that means its smart.

>(((Mashable)))

Only in the US, it's on Netflix for the rest of the world.

Shit.
They're pulling another SGU.

>All memes aside I reckon it'll be fine.

No it won't.

> it'll be basically fine, watchable sci-fi tripe.

No, it won't.

>it'll sell a fuckload of props and uniforms to cosplayers

It won't, CBS shill.

>boldly go where no woman has gone before

I bet Kate Mulgrew feels awesome about these sorts of headlines

It's not like she can be sidelined as a washed up sci-fi actor, she's on Orange Is The New Black, another fucking Netflix show

>but it'll sell a fuckload of props and uniforms to cosplayers
Not really, JJTrek miserably failed to sell merchandise and I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen here. Modern Star Trek shit is too generic looking.

Does that mean that every episode will be available to pirate pretty soon now?

>it's like no Trek you've seen before
>I'm not like other women

THEY LOOK BORING

I DON'T CARE THAT SHE'S A SHE OR AN ASIAN

THEY JUST LOOK SO FUCKING BORING

Should be a torrent within an hour of it airing I'd imagine

>what is Voyager

>Star Trek SJW
>shilled by Mashable
#whoa

Going to be funny to see people preferring Orville over this

Voyager gets a bad rep. I've marathoned them all recently and Voyager is aight for the most part, it just has more absolute stinkers than the rest so people remember it being disproportionately bad.

>It's a wonder they acquired warp drive technology at all, with how discriminatory and warlike they're people are.

The klingons had a warp capable species raid there planet and eventually drove them back, stealing warp and other tech.

Why did Sisko work even though he was black?

Posting it again because why the fuck not

why were people calling it shit before they had seen it

are they same people complaining about the lead being black, female or both

>the actors and producers have shit all over the fanbase
>the first episode will air on cable but the rest of the season will only be on CBS's shitty streaming service
>it's aesthetically a hideous, generic mess that doesn't have anything in common with old Star Trek shows
>"LOOK, SOME STUPID SHILL SAID IT'S GOOD! Sup Forums BTFO!"
I would bet everything I own that Discovery will be a flop.

>costs more than the worst Game of Thrones season to date.

So it will have flashy effects but be so stupid its unwatchable regardless. Definitely the right choice for a series always lauded for its special effects

He made lots of funny noises when excited, loved his kid sincerely and wasn't afraid to cap a guy when he deserved it

All things people wznted to see in black characters in the mid-90s

Fuller wanted to keep the original color-coded uniforms.

He was a badass cool dude. Avery Brooks mental issues really added to the character.

To put it another way, will the entire first season be dumped to Netflix as is common, or will Netflix release it week by week?

>hurr durr only racists and sexists are shitting on it!
People are shitting on it because it doesn't look like Star Trek, you fucking retard. We've been told it's a prequel to the original 1960s series but the aesthetics are completely different. Plus there's some really retarded continuity fuck ups, like the black lead is Spock's adopted sister even though Spock NEVER mentioned having a sister.

I was reading a while ago they're already in profit in the series cause of Netflix anyway. All of Star Trek is on Netflix UK, even a few of the movies.

I don't know if you know this, but TOS fans complained about the TOS movies. They complained about TNG. TNG complained about DS9. Enterprise got it in the ear cause of continuity. Literally everything they complain about.

They're not making to make 1% of the fanbase happy by making the sets look like the 1960s you thick cunt.

Even the mods agree. They deleted all the shitty Orville threads to make room for glorious STD.

AV Club review of 1st STD episode is up. They gave it an A. Sup Forums will never recover from this.

Released weekly, but with a hiatus after the first 8 episodes. So it'll run Sep-Nov 2017, then Jan-onwards in 2018

more quality Programming for the Current Year

Believe it or not but Star Trek has never and will never be about matt surfaces and lens flare

What's funny is the (((critics))) are shitting all over The Orville. Not just in their scores but if you read individual reviews for episodes they just shred the thing. And yet, the people who watch it like it. Read the comments in those reviews and everyone is saying what asshats the critics are.

This will be the opposite. The critics are already shilling the shit out of this but if you go on youtube or read forums anywhere, not just here, no one is excited about it, they find the premise stupid, the changes equally idiotic, and know this will be about preaching.

Pic related, if you flip the critic and audience scores it's what STD will have.

I always hated critics, but never as much as lately.

>AV Club

lmao

What's The Independent supposed to be?

>invisible rank pips
>indistinguishable colors (at least under bad lighting, which they ironically have on their ships)

British newspaper

Star Trek is about the story. You faggots who bitch and complain cause the Klingons don't look right need to get a fucking life. Even the Klingons in their own series don't look consistent, Worf changed every fucking year.

They were a decent centre british newspaper that then got bought by russian oligarch, stopped printing, went entirely online and is now competing with buzzfeed for biggest clickbait retards on earth

Hasn't been a real newspaper for a while, they turned online only in 2016. People still think it's a trustworthy source though because of it's history, truth is it's just turbo clickbait.

>Bryan Fuller, who worked on DS9 and TNG, thinks she is the first female lead

You people are fucking retarded. The writers of articles don't create the headlines either and they probably don't like Trek.

Double gay, but thanks

I note he didn't work on Voyager

Most us here have actually watched most if not all of Star Trek, so we know that the only thing that stylistically changes about Worf is his hair and his sash.

I'd recommend browsing for a couple of days before jumping in next time, although I understand that you get paid according to your post frequency.

Actually I was wrong, he worked on Voyager for the most part, not TNG. He was a big DS9 fan, but worked mostly on Voyager.

Imagine you retards were around in the 80s

You'd be bitching about the Enterprise in the movies looking nothing like the TV show one.

I've never watched a single episode of star trek

umm sweetie...

No shit, Star Trek fans are retarded and think that their vision of Star Trek is the correct vision.

There are even Drumpf supporters crying about Star Trek Discovery involving politics.

Could you be any more obvious?

>LeVar Burton - The new Spock
>Commander Yar

kek

>the people who watch it like it.

comments and "user" reviews are very easy to fake. A lot harder to convince professional reviewers than just buying 10k positive reviews from some Indian company.

No one knows what you're talking about you complete loser.

Was Frakes a mormon?

There's a huge difference. At the time they framed it as being after the original series, after a refit of the ship, you know, changes that happen because time moves forward. The Klingon heads were different but they talked about that in interviews at the time and said it was a budget thing, that they wish they could have done that originally. Yes, TMP was a shit movie, and they revamped the look again for Khan, but again, it was set later.

This is about shit that is a known era, moving backwards, and just completely abandoning everything. It's now known they had no one around to truly help them understand when they were setting the show. They just said, sure, whatever, let's just make it all up.

Do not reply to posters, these are shills.

do not reply to this post. He is a shill.

>Black woman as cover pic

what did they mean by this ?

what's the difference between star wars and star trek at this point? it's made by the same kike and looks and feels very similar

>trusting actual shills
ISHYGDDT

>being an European might be no longer a synonym of white, cultured, ellegant and fancy people with a rich history
Truly the worst timeline

star wars will make money

He meant you looked juvenile and soft
sorry

i hate jews so fucking much
only solace in all of this is that once shit goes down they will never ever be able to come back

but the jews want yuro jews to leave to come to Israel, it's working as intended

>goes to state which has Jews become minority in the next 50 years
toppest kek, Israel is more fucked than US and they're tiny country
Not to mention the instant US stops givings them gibs is the instant they stop growth, not to mention every country bordering them hates them, and they're extending that list to Europe it seems. Who's going to stop Muslims skinning Jew babies alive when everyone gets fed up with their shit? Samson option? You'll have no safe place for any Jew on this planet after that

USA will never stop giving Israel money, certainly not with the grip american zionist groups have on middle eastern policy making

S T D

US will become Latina country in the next 100 years, around the same time Israel becomes has minority Jew is the time Latinos will be the deciding factor in politics, not to mention internet has made it so that you can have non zionist options for president, without internet trump would've never been president for example
And south americans won't be voting for "Israel gibs"