Will IT AINT ME ever start playing?

Will IT AINT ME ever start playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/national/ex-south-vietnam-soldier-now-in-houston-part-of-pbs-series/2017/09/18/66e56c6a-9c7a-11e7-b2a7-bc70b6f98089_story.html
youtu.be/GbDWnJ9oDVc
arte.tv/fr/videos/057385-009-A/vietnam-9-9/
pbs.org/show/vietnam-war-not-edited/episodes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there's 5 opportunities for it so probably yes

>losing a war to a few farmers
LOL

I still dont get how the american trained farmers couldnt beat the non-trained farmers at the begining of the war

what does a selena gomez song have to do with vietnam

Both the war and the song are atrocities.

The editing on this one is a lot better than his other documentaries.

Then again, that might be because this is only his second documentary that covers a time period where film footage could be used

How do I watch this outside of the US?

Is there a torrent for this anywhere? I don't have cable or an antenna.

If you look at the casualties, they did.

Even the Communists admitted the Tet Offensive was a huge blow to them.

However, the US was defeated by its greatest enemy: itself.

>they never even interview the Fortunate Son

0/10 this is the kind of shit passes for a """"""""documentary""""""" in burgerland

>disliking CCR

>(((itself)))

>reading comprehension

It's free on PBS's website

guarantee it will be the ending song

The song is called SOME FOLKS ARE BORN you pleb.

The song is call DON'T TALK TO ME OR MY FORTUNATE SON EVER AGAIN.

Pls tell me how to proxy watch this (not american). I suck a technology.

that would be perfect

i just finished the last episode - it never plays.

We do get a 'All Along the Watchtower' as they're evacuating Saigon in episode 10 tho

1. NVA commanders were actually military geniuses, not even memeing.

2. Morale mattered more than body count in Vietnam.

Poor management and zero morale

No one back home wanted the war and because of that they had a high rate of cycling troops. The end result was constantly removing the soldiers who had adapted to 'Nam and replacing them with greenhorns. Plus it was pretty much anarchy over there on a smaller scale.

My dad jumped into the Navy once the draft was looming, told me one of his friends went Army. They recalled their experienced squad leader being replaced with someone like my dad, highly educated with no experience. One of the soldiers popped him in the head on one of their first patrols and no one said a word. Blamed a sniper.

Shit was fucked over there.

Press F to salute Major Tran Ngoc Toan.

F
one of the best parts for sure

F
Tough son of a bitch.

It ain't me. I'd scoot off to Canada on my Boosted Board.

Makes one mad to think we left men like this to live under the Vietcong

NVA had DECADES of experience in guerrilla war by the time the war proper had started. it makes perfect sense that they would be expert warriors.

Because americans can't into war for shit, they always took massive casualities despite the superior numbers and tech, the only reason they ever win is because they join when everyone else is already done.

what about the civil war? checkmate

Burgers out fucking skilled

by American trained farmers I ment ARVN, at first it was literally farmers against farmers but the commie farmers still won

asians aren't bug peo-

damn he got sent to a labor camp for nearly a decade after the fall of saigon

washingtonpost.com/national/ex-south-vietnam-soldier-now-in-houston-part-of-pbs-series/2017/09/18/66e56c6a-9c7a-11e7-b2a7-bc70b6f98089_story.html

>He spent more than a decade fighting in the war, until Saigon fell in 1975.

>With the war over, Tran’s life didn’t get any easier. Like many South Vietnamese soldiers, he was imprisoned. The common term used by the victorious North was “reeducation camp,” though Tran never once uses that phrase. He repeatedly refers to his time in Lào Cai — northwest of Hanoi near the Vietnam/China border — as being incarcerated in a “labor camp.”

>He was there nearly a decade before finally being released and put on a boat to Indonesia.

>Tran then traveled to San Francisco in the mid-1980s, and from there to Washington, D.C., where he worked as a house painter, and later in the printing plant for the Washington Post.

>He retired from the paper in August 2005 and moved to Houston.

>“It was too cold up there,” Tran says, massaging his right leg. “It just hurts too much to be where it’s cold.”

>He and his wife Kim Quy live comfortably in a little home just outside the Beltway.

>“The temperature is good and life is good,” he says. “It’s comfortable here, with the second largest Vietnamese population in the country.”

>NVA commanders were actually military geniuses, not even memeing
Is that why they got the shit kicked out of them even with a homefield advantage? Cool sources, faggot. You really proved your claims.

his hate was pure

Ken Burns looks like one of The Ramones got sick of the Rock And Roll lifestyle and went back to school and became an accountant.

This desu
They only beat the English because they were fighting Napoleon at the same time
WW2 they only joined in once Russia started pushing the Nazis back

In recent times they have lost in Iraq twice, in Afghan and Vietnam.
Pretty much the most ineffective military record in history

>WW2 they only joined in once Russia started pushing the Nazis back
Explain Japan then. Checkmate yuropoor :^)

to be fair, those last few wars have not been conventional ground wars. im not convinced any other countries would do any better.

JOHNNNNY!!!

>lost in Iraq twice
They won the first gulf war underage.

"Ma, everybodys mother thinks theyre special. Im putting pieces of special people in bags."

I'm not American is it still worth watching?

>nuke innocents twice
Wow such a strategic masterwork which proves americas ability. Used german scientists to make weapons nobody else had, after running away in the pacific, moron

100% yes

You didnt win the war, Japan surrendered so you wouldnt nuke another 200,000 women and children
There is a difference

not if you have some special grudge against the US. however if you can remain somewhat objective i think you'll find it extremely powerful. But i think it will definitely resonate more strongly with a US audience.

When will the series complete! I desperately want to watch but don’t want to blue-ball myself waiting week to week.

Japan was completely surrounded when the nukes were used. The only reason they were an effective means to force a surrender at the time was because Japan lost ALL their foreign territory, and the Americans were bombing their cities with impunity.

So what is your hangup here exactly foreign cuck? You claim Americans have a shitty military record but then complain when they win. What is your angle? Are you insecure about something perhaps?

see The war was already lost for Japan before the nukes were even used. Read a history book and quit getting butthurt that Americans accomplished something 80 years ago.

>Japan surrendering
>Occupying their country
>Setting up an American military government
>Not writing their constitution for them

>You didnt win the war,

>all that projection
Murdering innocents isn't a strategic victory at all. Sure, you won, against a tiny island, but basically admitted you couldn't do a land invasion and had to just threaten civilians instead

I'm on episode 4.

why did they give a 3 episode arc to Crockey? he doesn't do anything then dies?

(don't spoil this for me if he turns out to be someone super important. I don't wanna check wiki)

Read a history book user. You have zero concept of how wars are even fought.

FYI Japan still held loads of territory when they surrendered. Obviously they were done for, but they weren’t simply holding their own native territory but rather large swathes of China, Korea, and SEA.

holy shit only a viet could call houston's weather "good"

lmao

he becomes president. his real name is donald trump.

>The war is already won
>lel lets avoid their remaining military targets and just kill their civilians indiscriminately

Im not even meming but its the biggest war crime ever commited

The western allies could have invaded and conquered the home islands, but that would have meant MASSIVE casualties on both sides. Plus the Soviets would have likely taken part of Japan and we’d have some madman in Hokkaido threatening the world with nukes today.

post yfw the inevitable My Lai episode comes out

damn. didn't know M. Night Shyamalan directed this.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were manufacturing centers that supported the war effort. The deaths that resulted were also a fraction of what was likely to happen if they invaded. Look up some interviews with wartime Japs and they talk about how civilians were being armed with spears and kitchen knives to attack the Americans when they came ashore.

You don't see that the nukes were the lesser of two evils because you are weak.

youtu.be/GbDWnJ9oDVc
gook tunnel kino

screw that. where is my Da Nang Hooker episode?

she single handedly ended the war. prove me wrong.

it's already out
they already covered fun stuff done by the VC at that point and it's factual, not heavy handed at all, just like the burnt toddler picture and the guy getting shot in the face by a south vietnamese cop

they've only released 5 episodes.

... what’s really terrifying is imagining how history would have turned out if the Japanese ruling clique didn’t have the ‘out’ of the magical super weapon to justify their surrender.

Imagine the butt hurt if a million American/British/Canadians/etc servicemen had died to conqueror an already defeated Japan, only to temporarily spare the military elite there from the dishonour of facing reality. Japan may well have ended up cleansed of Japanese and turned into the new Israel or something.

the japanese had indoctrinated its citizens to believe that surrendering would be worse than death
when they did surrender people went out and killed their children and themselves just so they wouldn't have to suffer from the torture they believed the americans would use on them

when the americans used the bombs japan was still set on not surrendering, they weren't really that impressed even, since the bombs caused the same amount of damage as a bomb raid only a lot faster and easier, and nagasaki and hiroshima were villages that were situated close to military facilities

it cant be out since episode 5 ended in 67

>hairy armpits

I bet the bush was fucking huge

not here, already watched it in full :^) arte.tv/fr/videos/057385-009-A/vietnam-9-9/

I love arte but their stream quality is awful

you can get pristine 5000mbps d/ls straight from PBS. around 5GB per episode.

>yfw the vietnam war could have been avoided if the french didn't go "MUH TERRITORIES" after World war 2

Download the Opera browser and just use the built in VPN to change your location to USA

no one pushed the burgers to go back in after the French lost
muh containment

>no one pushed the burgers to go back in after the French lost
Besides France.

Would Markie Mark have been a good soldier?

There's a game called Vietcong, from 2003, and there's a level where you enter one of the tunnels. Since I didn't know you could use a flashlight (I was a dumb kid), and all I had were glowing sticks, I would wade through the pitch black tunnels dropping a stick occasionaly, and die shitload of times from traps or get killed by Vietcong, until I realized I had a flashlight. Literally PTSD in video game form. I can't even imagine how bad it was for the guys who actually did it, holy fuck.

>would
why are you speaking hypothetically?

it's weird but kind of fitting hearing all the nine inch nails instrumental music in this series

>Lenin, the son of a bitch that started it all
lol I should play this.

videogames trying to engage with history is one of the dumbest things in entertainment

its even more mindblowing when you realize you could scratch the walls with your knife so you know in which tunnels you already were and dont get lost so easily

You should, I never played another game with such a great atmosphere, a bunch of Czechs made it and they basically nailed it.
Holy fuck never realized that. I just wanted to get out of the fucking tunnels.

>I've often wondered if I'd go to hell
Fuck man

ARVIN had some really bad apples in the bunch
I remember reading about an ARVIN arty commander charging for each individual shell he fired
The book "black april the fall of south vietnam" is a good look at '''post-war''' Vietnam and an insight to ARVIN

the whole series is already available on the web

not yet. in a couple of hours it will be though

pbs.org/show/vietnam-war-not-edited/episodes/

BETTER RUN THROUGH THE JUNGLE

there are other ways to get them, i did. some kind soul who had passport support ripped them and put them out there. doesn't matter now though since they unlock in about 5 hours or so

you can get them off arte right now but like I said before, their stream quality is shit. defeats the point of having all this archival material rescanned for the digital age.

the ones i have came from someone with a pbs passport, they're not from a shitty stream. each ep is about 5gb's though

oh I didn't know about pbs passport

I wish more pbs stuff was ripped. I'm big into theater/classical performances and they broadcast lots of stuff that never gets ripped and becomes lost forever.

This looks like something that would flood immediately