IT

So I just came back from seeing IT and these guys were so wrong, I was expecting a jumpscare fest and all I got was loud noises that weren't that big of a deal, seriously, I didn't know what was wrong with them, they weren't even that loud

Did these guys really expected THAT non-scary clown to be scary by being "subtle like le VVitch"
Overall the movie was alright, I got kinda bored but it's not bad at all, the kids were great

>these guys were so wrong
>I had more or less the same opinion they did though

Thanks for the informative post

No, I remember their complaint was that it was too loud, muh loud jumpscare noises when in reality they weren't that big of a deal
I was expecting to get annoyed by them, because I was expecting constant jumpscares

Congratulations on discovering that different people have different opinions than you.

stop obsessing over e-celeb losers

I think the take away is that they shouldn't have even made the movie. So no, they didn't expect VVitch but with spooky clowns, they just want better movies.

They went in fully knowing it would be a jumpscare fest, you're an idiot

yeah I think mike was leaning towards liking it. Personally I think the director could have been more subtle. The basement scene with Georgie screaming 'you'll float too!!!" almost turned me away from going to see it. Other than Dunkirk, I think it's the only movie Ive seen this year that I enjoyed.

So yeah, rlm is wrong in this case.

>88101378
how THE FUCK did you enjoy Dunkirk?

I enjoyed the amazing sound design, the visuals, grand set pieces, use of tension, editing, the aerial dogfights, no shoved exposition, no unnecessary dialogue, performances, the execution of almost every single filmmaking element was flawless.
One of the best cinema experience of recent times.

Most filmmakers these days are the same ages as RLM and Mike and Jay are resentful of this and lash out accordingly. Especially when it comes to any genre they're into like horror and sci-fi.

Their jealousy of Neill Blomkamp is especially apparent. They did an entire commentary track for Alien just because they read news he was going to direct an Alien sequel.

lol you honestly believe the shit you're obviously, transparently projecting here, don't you?

>if someone has a critical eye, it can ONLY be the result of jealousy.
Jesus Christ RLM threads are embarrassingly autistic.

I had the same exact impression of the OP. What the FUCK is his problem? So much of their review revolved around the unnecessary over reliance on loud noises.

And they never invited Blomkamp when he asked them if he could hang out with them

How do you know that? They follow each other on Twitter and could have DM'd for all we know.

In the book and the first movie pennywise turns into the wolf man and frankenstein and the mummy.

Pennywise isn't even supposed to be a subtle villain. Their expectations were seriously warped, surprising considering both of them read the book.

They were annoyed by the loud noises, which I really think it's a fucking stupid complain because the movie didn't really shoehorned them, in fact they were pretty well placed and I barely thought about them

>watch the IT half in the bag
>Jay mentions Lake Mungo and says there's no jumpscares
>there's actually a jumpscare

You understood the point he was making right? Or are you too autistically literal?

>not a Disney movie
>being "fun" isn't enough to prevent nitpicking
Classic Reddit Shill Media

Yeah I understand his point, the movie is basically creepy photos of a ghost in a video

>cgi fest horror movie wasn't scary at all
>"it was good guise"
Why give it a pass? Would you really want to rewatch this piece of shit flick again at any point in your life when there are thousands of better movies to watch or rewatch? Why do you have no standards? It's not virtuous to enjoy a shit film or to waste your time

I've seen it three times already, it's a fun flick to go with friends