Just saw it for the first time. I understand now, DCfags... I understand

Just saw it for the first time. I understand now, DCfags... I understand.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sTIdOL77XKc
blu-ray.com/movies/Batman-v-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice-Blu-ray/130492/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're welcome.

And lo and behold the shilling comes to Sup Forums. At least keep your marketing shit to Sup Forums you ass.

I understand that you want to create another "discussion" about this movie. Nothing more can be said, move on

Oh fuck. Did that come off as positive? Lol no I fucking hated it

Mods please come delete this obvious marketing.

>Oh fuck. Did that come off as positive?

the ironic shilling of BvS has been going on so long that yes, it did come off as positive, especially since "DCfags" are the ones supporting it usually.

We can talk about the fact that this was obviously booster gold, not flash

Of course. Booster Gold appeared in Suicide Squad too.

>DC fags
Naw people who like DC don't like BvS.

No sane person can look at the bloated boring pile of shit that is that movie and say it's good. The 2deep4u and the comic panel references don't make the dumbass plot work.

Understand what?
The magnitude of how undiluted kino it was?
How it was wronged by shill critics?

Maybe stop looking at the world how you want to look at it. I love DC (and Marvel) and I loved BvS. It's not exactly like the comics but it has a lot of good in it.

>Booster Gold appeared in Suicide Squad too.
I-I don't remember this

Booster would actually be fun so no dont expect to see him anytime soon

>especially since "DCfags" are the ones supporting it usually.
Woah there. Don't confuse us for DCEUfags.

Most DCEUfags don't read comics or at least didn't until the DCEU. Most of them are from Sup Forums and have next-to-no real understanding of the DCU and just pretend to. Don't lump longtime DCfags in with those people. We're completely different.

so name some things about it that were bad

I'm a DC fag and i liked Batman vs Superman.

This.

Lex

so what was wrong with him other than "not muh"

>It's a DCEU thread
youtube.com/watch?v=sTIdOL77XKc

is this an easy way to state that people cant argue it wasnt a good adaption?
because it is a legit complaint

fuck off im a huge DC fag, have been reading DC comics since middle school, literally have Jack Kirby's 4th world omnibus sitting right here next me, own original issues of GL/GA Hard Traveling Heroes, original prestige edition issues of DKR, own Secret Identity, ASS, Solo, first three volumes of Saga of the Swamp Thing, all four original trades of 52, first volume of Morrison's Doom Patrol, most trades of Astro City, and thats just off the top of my head without going into my digital collection.

I fucking loved BvS. A real superhero comic fan understands that these characters adapt and change, and are meant to reflect our times and our world. Golden Age Superman fucking threatened politicians and beat up muggers and destroyed their shitty and was a petty fuck. Silver Age Superman was largely a petty fuck who would get jealous very easily. Post-Crisis Superman was very depowered, to the point where he needed an apparatus to breath in space.

Same goes for Lex, who started as a mad scientist with bright orange hair, and became a fat businessman in the Byrne era, and then a strong built bald man in the 90s alongside the DCAU.

BvS is just continuing the tradition of comics, taking these characters and elements from previous stories, and recontextualizing them for today.

Fake fucking comic fans think there is one, true definitive version of a character, and think that smiling is more important than actually saving the world when it comes to Superman.

It was a great adaptation of Golden Age/early Silver Age Lex, with a little Gene Hackman thrown in there, for the modern day.

It's perfectly fine and acceptable to like BvS, but if you're pretending it's some kind of masterpiece, you're either retarded or fooling yourself.

It is masperpiece

No, it was a poorly written, goofy and wildly inconsistent character who coincidentally shared a couple similarites with a few different versions of Lex Luthor.

>that picture
Okay, so what's the point of any of this shit?

I unironically think it has some of the best imagery ever used in a superhero movie. The shot of the person on the roof reaching out for Superman in the montage is my favourite shot out of any recent movies. There are a few things i didn't like about it like Lex purposely acting zany and that they didn't let Superman talk in the courtroom. But overall i loved the movie.

I think that's pretty solid reasoning and I can respect your opinion.

>Flimsy plot held togeather by a bad script
>awful rushed third act
>shit design for Doomsday
>the movie required that nearly all characters be completely new OCs
>the director is a visual man, like Michal Bay, meaning he can't into human emotions
>first onscreen meeting of Batman and Superman was forced to be a Vs movie
>rushed in tofu Toons for the rest of the JL
>Wonder Woman for no reason actual reason
>the kickstart for the DC movieverse was three adaptations of 'End Game' comics, Death of Supes, Dark Knight Returns

I could go on, but no matter what you're going to disagree and tell me the movie was great. It looked good, and the action was cool, but everything else in that movie was so forgetable that it should be Rebirth'ed.

>tofu Toons

I have no idea how "Rushed Introductions" turned into Tofu Toons....

I've never seen this. Is there any reason at all to do so after being disappointed in Man of Steel?

No. Go make a sandwich instead.

Batman can actually fight in the movie, but that's about it

This

First you need to re-watch MoS.
I didn't like it the first time either.

t. guy who loves the DCU and the DCEU

This is a good post.

end uroreself

It wasted two character defining moments for a silly brawl that had no purpose other than to get the maguffin into place.

Movie is comical how slipshod it is in its use of materials.

I can't even tell if this is bait anymore, for god's sake.

>silly brawl that had no purpose other than to get the maguffin into place.
sounds like Marvel to me

>good script (proper plot, dialogue, etc.)
>not rushed (look at Fant4stic for an example of a rushed third act)
>Doomsday was an amalgamation of his normal state and his former state (that is, prior to being fully evolved)
>all characters have their core intact with only minor differences
>various scenes were emotional unless you're autistic or a sociopath
>company has wanted a Batman vs. Superman meeting for years; it had to happen sometime
>they weren't introductions
>Wonder Woman had a decent role to play
>doing things backward works if done properly

Anything else?

To express a film's themes through visuals rather than just having characters recite metaphors

Yeah because fans of DC are able to see it properly. Non-fans are the ones that get butthurt.

Tons of other movies do that.

Yet that's also done with Lex and his inane monologues I'm supposed to accept as his modus.

Nice try but I watched and episode of the animated series so I'm a bigger fan than you! My voice should have more weight than you comic nerds!

Only the version I grew up with counts!
Actually, isn't that exactly Dobson's mentality?

I only agree with Doomsday's design and the last point about adapting endgame material. We really should've gotten the Batman solo and another Superman before this film.
On its own BvS is good, it was just way too early to do it considering they're trying to set up a universe.

>I'm supposed to accept as his modus.

>implying Lex wasn't well written

And you can actually see them without having to mess with the contrast and brightness

tired meme
BvS looked incredible in IMAX.

Also, the problem is your tv.
The BvS blu ray got high marks for picture quality.

blu-ray.com/movies/Batman-v-Superman-Dawn-of-Justice-Blu-ray/130492/

Because character interaction is bad but cryptic seek 'n finds are masterpieces.

Symbolism and proper visual themes are necessary, but not sufficient to make a masterpiece. BvS also has a level of depth for both the characters and the story.

My favorite part is the theme of power. I always did think that power isn't what corrupts people, but how they use that power. Batman shows how having power doesn't corrupt you, but instead it's having power while FEELING powerless. That's what causes you to use the power in an evil way to show that you have it. Think about it, if you had a bunch of power and were satisfied, why would you ever want to use it? There's no reason to. The king isn't going to just go around killing people for no reason as a display of power; he does it out of fear (ie powerlessness).

you're right. There are other movies that use visual metaphors

Lex's modus is that he was abused as a child by his father, lost faith in god and focused all that hate on Superman, an all powerful solar god who fucked up his city. Lex saw his father in Superman. It's a crazy, psychological reason but Luthor has always been a complete sociopath in every adaptation

There is a lot of character interaction. And i'd like to see you throw the same criticism at a David Lynch film

>in every adaptation
Except in alt universes where he's the good guy :^)

And now Death of Superman is wasted. They try to pull that again it's just going to be Goku post Vegeta saga. That being a waiting game to his eventual resurrection.

I think we can all agree Lex's theme is fucking perfection

I love it, but the narrative is that the music sucks.
WW's theme is great, too.

Good. The only good part of Death of Superman was Reign of the Supermen and that doesn't work well in this universe. Though, I guess it could still be done if Superman goes off planet for an adventure.

You guys are just going to get worse and worse each movie aren't you?

That's kinda sad and a tad scary as well.

As some of you actually believe that nonsense and aren't just shitposting.

>le condescending arbiter of taste
neck yourself lad

So you paid or you do it for free?

I never understood why people would hold films in high regard until I saw BvS.

Bait.

Yes Snyder, that's very nice, but everyone already knows what a great guy Superman is.

>muh pretty pichurs

i've likely read more comics than you and loved BvS you autistic fuck.

>fuck good visuals in a visual medium that help tell the story

>Not pictured: The film

>implying struggling with what is truly the right thing to do doesn't make you a great guy

the statue is from the movie

It really makes you think

I fail to see what this image is supposed to illustrate. That scene of Val Kilmer seducing a bat wasn't even in Batman Forever, it was deleted. Besides, the...ugh, "Knightmare" scene of the big bat demon jumpscaring Bruce was just stupid and pointless. The only reason that Snyder added it is because he thought the movie wasn't weird enough.

BvS, like every other bad Snyder flick, is style over substance.

>implying I was implying that in the least

Well that's just fucking silly.

If Easter eggs are what make good movies, I suppose Iron Man 2 is a masterpiece.

he was very obviously referencing, despite it being a deleted scene its still well known. And just like how the Kilmer scene was originally meant to be Bruce dealing with his dark side a la Luke in the cave, Snyder used to illustrate how Batman had become consumed with his crusade/dark side.

I dont get it..

No, the subplot in Forever was about Bruce embracing his choice to become Batman. That's the whole crux of his monologue to the Riddler at the end. He is no longer Batman because he thinks he needs to be, but because he chooses to be.

The two scenes have entirely opposite meanings.

The whole movie uses western mythology to contextualize Superman. Hence the Paradise Lost painting in Lex's room, the biblical imagery, the Oz reference, the intentional reference to the Kennedy/Unknown Soldier funeral at Superman's funeral, the news clippings of the JFK assassination attempt, etc.

They illustrate how people have different views of him.
The "easter eggs" are a very nice nod to the comics, and one begins a thread of deconstructing The Dark Knight Returns comic that the movie carries till the end, and the other is meant to be some nice symmetry. Better than anything ive seen in any other cape film.

The scene with Kilmer going into the cave is meant to be him conquering his inner demon, as illustrated by the bat, and coming out the otherside a good batman. In Snyder's it is meant to show how he lost that battle with the bat and has become evil batman we see in the movie. So you are right, they do have opposite meanings intentionally. Like how he uses scenes from The Dark Knight Returns but literally flips their meanings around.

*intentionally flips their meaning around

Repeat after me, fags:

references =/= substance

>uses western mythology to contextualize Superman
That is entirely fucking unnecessary. Superman doesn't need to be contextualized because HE IS western mythology. These characters have been around for nearly a century of comic books, movies, cartoons and TV shows, everyone knows who they are and what they're deal is. Superman is good, Lex is evil and thinks that Superman is evil, there ya go. All the other set dressing Snyder throws in is the definition of pretentiousness.

>are a very nice nod to the comics
Exactly, Easter eggs. Nothing more. They are there for the fans to recognize and nothing else.

>Better than anything ive seen in any other cape film.
Every other cape film is less pandering.

but they can be used to add substance, like how Filini directly homages the Seventh Seal in the end to 8th 1/2 to drive his point home, or how Moore uses literary characters for LoEG to comment on them/society, or how The Great Gatsby references that World Series baseball game scandal as a quick way to add character to Meyer Wolfsheim.

Well, it's a shame Snyder isn't that clever then.

BvS sucked comparably to most everything Marvel does. It tried to do too much shit and dropped the ball. Only thing that was nice were the fight scenes with very little Superman.

>That is entirely fucking unnecessary.

This movie is set in a world where Superman hasn't been around for years, so literally all people have is other myths with which to try and contextualize him. I mean its literally what comics have been doing since the birth of Superman, his whole outfit is modeled after classic strongmen as a way of contextualizing him for that day's audience. He is literally a re-contextualized Moses archtype.

>Exactly, Easter eggs. Nothing more.
But I just told you they were something more. One is symmetry, the other starts a whole thread of deconstructing The Dark Knight Returns by flipping the scenes on their head. Even that scene isn't a perfect homage because it has Thomas attacking the mugger which, again, starts the thread of flipping The Dark Knight Returns to re-enforce the story beats.
I disagree, just look at