The Unworthy Thor #2 Lettered Preview

Thor reunites with Beta Ray Bill

Ah yes Unworthy Thor, AKA Marvel's tablescraps.

Anka cheesecake variant

Cheung variant

Shitty Deodato variant

FIN

>I am not Thor.

Fine. Fuck. Donald. Doctor Blake. Take the hammer.

Wow, it really is nothing.

Forgot to upload

this gimmick is going to get old fast

God it looks so damn good, but I don't want Bill to die...

>speak on that later
So we finally going to find out?

>I am not Thor

Just fucking drop it, gawd.

Oh my gawd.

Will Marvel immaculate Thor, sorry, Odinson, even further in order to make Jane seem like the better choice?

I think you meant "emasculate"

Yes. Later.

>implying people don't love a redemption arc

Yeah, I'm retarded.

>beefcake*

Why would you think that would happen?

I always assume my favorite characters from certain franchises will be killed off, just like how I think Magik is going to be killed in IvX. It's just a feeling I have about Unworthy Thor right now.

What did he do that he needs to be redeemed for?

Thor will realize that he does not need Mjolnir to be Thor and Jane will quietly die of cancer in an unrelated event once her storyline is over so he reclaims it anyway. Calling it.

His semen gives humans cancer.

Sorry user

Whor is a high point in the Marvel SJW era, you're going to have to wait at least 5 more years until this progressive shit era ends and the natural cycle of social apathy and selfishness kicks back in. At that time, yeah, Whor is gone and Thor is fully back.

>I am not worthy to be Thor
>I am not worthy to be Captain America
>I am not worthy to be Captain Marvel
>I am not worthy to be Iron Man
How long until ____ people aren't worthy to live in the Marvel universe?

Don't forget
>I am not worthy to be Captain Britain

I hate how right you are with this prediction.

whats that yellow tattoo on his chest?

didnt Thor became worthy again just after dying in 616-7?

he's unworthy again for some reason

they haven't told us why and it's guaranteed to be total bullshit when they do

They might as well not even have the reveal at this point. He's unworthy because he's neither gay, nor female, nor a minority. What else could they possibly write that could be more plausible than that?

> I am not Thor

FINALLY, HE ADMITS IT

So he'll get Ultimate Thor's hammer eventually.

did Thor ever get back together with Hyperion post-secret wars or is the best marvel romance over?

The art is on point. Really love the color and illumination.

Sorry, I do not recognize the ships. Who are they?

He had gay incest with loki dressed like enchantress.

To be fair, 2 of those people died and one was an old man.

Thor is sexy as fuck here

moar pls

That doesn't even look close to his axe

If it was with Loki it might not have been Gay incest. Loki has become entire female and given birth before.

>His friendship is something I am no longer worthy of

Sorry Bill, we can't hang out anymore. You have to go chill with Jane. I don't care if you like her or not, she is me now. She is both funny, and smart.

He opressed women just like his Father, and his Father before him.

I really wish Sup Forums actually read comics.

(Protip: 1. that was an elseworld, and 2. Brian knew he was likely going to die and passed on the title in preparation for that, because he's the hero Britain deserves.)

The universe was reset to before the final incursion, and apparently worthiness doesn't carry over like that.

>when Thor becomes worthy again he will also put on a shirt again
This is like Sophie's choice.

This is basically the Thor Aaron is good at writing. God-Butcher type Viking honor adventures.

It's not Simonson - not least because it doesn't have the same sense of humor - but it's okay IMO.

>tfw ywn suckle on thors nips

The way they treat the unworthiness as a literal illness, like see >But are you sure you're up for this, given your... condition?
I think that's fine. The decision has already been made to lock Thor's identity into the hammer and ability to wield it and honestly, that's not something I completely disagree with. If you look back at the history of the character Thor was quite literally an identity he took on when he activated the hammer: he was Donald Blake, and then he was Thor when he turned on the power.

So given that decision, having it ripple through his relations and particularly his relationship with Beta Ray Bill which involved the hammer to such an extent - they became friends through fighting each other in a contest for the hammer, and both proved themselves worthy - that seems like fine characterization. When Thor fought Bill they each proved themselves worthy but right now Thor knows, factually, that he isn't. There's no state of doubt. So it makes sense to me that he feels partially ashamed of Bill's friendship in this moment, you don't have to take it completely literally. And it's what he thinks, not what he says too.

Fuck you, Aaron. You suck and so does your Doctor Strange run. You turned Stephen from the Sorcerer Supreme to Diet-Diet-Diet Constantine.

>that rainbow in the bg

the bara path

>Thor reunites with Beta Ray Bill

Thor Rebirth when?

Why is Bill so based?

If Marvel's tablescraps have Beta Ray Bill, Thor, and the Ultimate Mjolnir, pick up the plates and tilt the table my way.

>stolen
>by whom
>immediately think of braniac

It's weird that the hickman thanos OC's are going to show up in this

Either Thor gets his own original Mjolnir back, and not any Ultimate second rate shit, or I'm not buying.
Fuck Marvel.

They fit into techno-Asgard stories desu.

As long as it gives them (You), they'll act like it happened in 616-8.

Also Faiza is a completely fine character and is clearly the humanized persona of Excalibur's magical scabbard.

Seems dumb senpai. Would you have quit when Thor was turned into a fucking frog?

So.... Why is he unworthy now? What did he do?

He was unable to sell his book.

That was a joke. It lasted like what? 4 issues? I don't remember
And it wasn't like some kind of anti-human frogism propaganda piece like Whore's whole run is "Ha! Take that, manbabies! Women can be Thor too!"

The FemThor run is bad, but you are coming off like a manbaby here.

Also I'm not sure what that has to do with him getting another hammer. That is much more like the frog transformation IMO.

It was stolen by the Collector for those of you that care to know.

They're asking us to compromise, they're telling us they're keeping Whore with Thor's hammer while they'll be giving him another hammer, so stop crying already!
Well, no. Thor getting a hammer back is not good enough, he needs to get *the* hammer back. It was his and it belongs to him.
That's what I want to read.
It's my money they're asking and I'm not giving it to them if I won't get exactly what I want.

I thought the condition Bill referred to was less that he was unworthy in itself, but more that he doesn't have mjolnir, so is less powerful than he normally is?

Fair enough. It doesn't bother me, which hammer he gets is a pretty minor detail to me. You may resume your crusade now.

So what do you think I got wrong in that post? I don't see how that contradicts with the point of them talking about it (around it, really) like an illness. Thor is less powerful because he's unworthy, which Bill avoids saying directly.

It's like going to a burger joint and ask for a beef burger but they serve you a chicken burger instead, you start complaining and then a customer next to you, tells you why do you complain, they're both burgers?

I just don't see that it has a big material effect, man. We've had hammer shenanigans with Thor in the past, including with horse Thor up there. You can throw out as many food analogies as you like, I can't be any more explicit than "It doesn't make a difference to me"

>>I am not worthy to be Captain America
Became an old man, took back the name as soon as he got better

>>I am not worthy to be Captain Marvel
Died

>>I am not worthy to be Iron Man
Died

Well in both cases you're eating processed raccoon testicles anyway so there's no big deal

It's not incest, either. Loki is adopted.
And even Angela is only a half sister. He's her brother from another mother.

Get ready for

>I am not worthy to be Spider-Man

As Bendis becomes the new writer of ASM wth Miles

There is no individual in the Omniverse as based and honorable as him.

The fundamental problem with this is that Thor is a character, not an identity.

I know there was that one retard earlier up in the thread trying to claim that Donald Blake came first or whatever but no, that's not how it works and has never been how it worked.

'Thor' is not a secret identity or title in the same way that Captain America or Iron Man or even Spiderman is. Thor is a name, it's the name of the Prince of Asgard, son of Odin, brother of Loki. By picking up the hammer one does not become Thor, one assumes Thor's mantle but this does not make one Thor.

Jane picking up the hammer should have assumed a new identity, it would have smoothed over pretty much every single complaint about Whor (Well aside from how fucking bad her actual book is anyway but that's a separate issue).

Call her Valkyrie, or hell, do something novel, since she's dying of cancer and can't put the hammer down anyway, why does she need a secret identity at all? Just call her Jane Foster.

>You have to go chill with Jane
And then she takes his space horse penis in the mouth and etc.

I'm still waiting for Aaron to explain why Thor is unworthy, it's been over two fucking years already.

It's not that Donald Blake came first, it's that there's a prior basis for grouping the hammer together with the identity. It's the same for Eric Masterson; when he was acting as Thor he WAS called Thor. It's only after the separation he gets tagged with Thunderstrike. So that actually is how it has worked.

I personally think making the identity a big part of the complaint - you say it's practically the entirety of the complaint - just makes it extremely easy for to dismiss arguments against the Jane book.

He was PRETENDING to be Thor so people wouldn't know that Thor had gone. He readily admitted it to anyone who actually knew Thor, like Captain America. He never claimed to be more Thor than the Norse god whose parents named him Thor.

It's either that or job really badly.

Lots of Thor writers and fans desperately want to kill or humiliate Bill for being more powerful than their queen, and Aaron has shown himself to be one of them over and over again.

Your analogy is false.
You complain about the server wearing the wrong tie.
You get a beef burger, same ingredients as always. But a minor thing not even concerning the burger itself is changed.

wow, thats some lazy-ass writing

>Iron Man
Yeah, and Doom took his job.
You know, whitest, most classic manly man wizard cyborg dictator in the game

Muh dick

I usually enjoy Anka's work, but this concentrated chest hair with zero arms and abs hair is retarded

>gypsy
>""""""""""whitest"""""""""
It's funny that you actually think that.

Here's the thing. He might actually be worthy here and probably is. He doesn't try lifting Stormbreaker, and hasn't tried lifting Mjolnir since Jane lifted it so he hasn't actually tested his worthiness since before that happened.

Whether or not he can lift Ultimate Mjolnir will bet he judge on whether he's actually unworthy or not.

Well it is an edit.

It doesn't have Thor though, Odinson said so himself :^)

I recognise you, user.
I'd get mad at you for repeatedly posting your pet theory, but it is a good one.