So what's going to win the oscar ?

So what's going to win the oscar ?

Whatever executive Jew shilled the hardest.

Zootopia, hopefully.

Moana cause they like to suck disney peenus

Zootopia, because the next best thing is Kubo aka Chinese shit

Remember when Anno tried to copy Urobuchi with 3.3 and made perhaps the worst project in his life?

Disney

Moana to be honest. I mean, you all know Disney is going to be the winner, so at least it should be the GOOD Disney film instead of BLM sjw furries.

at least Godzilla was good

>BLM
Wouldn't that make it a guaranteed win at th.e Oscars?

Zootopia is just Psycho Pass

The original concept even had the predators have shock collars like the Enforcers

But Zootopia is cute. It's fun. The message isn't deep and rather dubious when you see the race allegory, but it's not OVERTLY political to the point of ruining the movie

Correct, it will be Moana since it's Disney and Moana fits their "lol, not your typical Princess" schitck

3.33 want that bad but I'll admit it has problems hopefully anno got his groove after Godzilla and well finally get a good sequel

Is Moana any good? I'm from Hawaii so I kind of rolled my eyes at it.

Does Maui die by Obsidian Vagina teeth at the end?

The movie is just kinda there. Gigantic will be much better.

3.3 was fucking horrible. Exploding bomb collars, non-communicating Misato, and dubious sci-fi mechanics shatters the suspension of disbelief.

When you compare it to Rebellion the issues are obvious.

Rebellion has some contrived Sci-Fi elements, but the discussion at the end is about Homura's decision and the impact and the motive.

With 3.3 the audience is left baffled by the plot elements, wondering why Kawaru didn't just move the bomb collar outside of the Eva, wondering why Misato didn't tell Shinji that pulling the pin would fuck everything, wondering why everyone is useless and stupid in general.

It's a stupid person plot. Not a "flawed human being" plot, a "these people are fucking dumb and they deserve what happens to them because of how dumb they are."

Zootopia.

>With 3.3 the audience is left baffled by the plot elements
Good thing that didn't happen with Rebellion's completely rational, consistent and airtight plot.

I'd like to see Kimi No Na Wa win, but I'd be just as happy with Zootopia.

Kubo was kind of uneven and petered out by th end, which is a shame, given its gorgeous animation and art style. A nomination would be fair.

I haven't seen Moana yet. It could be good, but I'd rather not have it win just because it's the princess movie and academy voters don't give a shit about anything else.

Kimi no na Wa isn't even nominated

The nominations aren't even out, dongus.

>Rebellion has some contrived Sci-Fi elements, but the discussion at the end is about Homura's decision and the impact and the motive.

I liked if anything the art and animation were top notch but the some of the artsytle choices did feel a little flat, but it wasn't a fucking train wreck sure everyone was either a dumbass or an asshole and not explaining shit to Shinji was completely retarded but they've been through hell for the last decade they're literally the last people left on the planet everyone's they've ever know and loved is dead, they failed to stop the third impact and spent the last decade dealing with a pyscotic group of assholes who somehow still have influence and power in a wasteland who would want to deal with a whiny little bitch probably should've treated him better but they're gritty assholes by that point

BEHOLD THE MASTER, HIDEAKI ANNO

What came first, Ranch or Cool Ranch?

Stupid bitch

Plus that extremely homoerotic piano scene really made it at least and enjoyable movie

The new ending is total out-of-character gibberish they slapped on top of the movie at the last minute to make way for a sequel.

Zootopia
Moana (winner)
The red turtle
Kubo

>out of character
Completely in character. But this is the point, the discussion is about Homura's character at the end of Rebellion

The end of 3.3 is a discussion on the mechanics of bomb collars. Not Shinji.

Who cares.
The jury sure doesn't.

>Completely in character.
Yes if you completely disregard her character and pretend she's someone else, while also not paying any attention to the planet-sized plot holes and things happening for no reason.

They weren't exactly nice people to begin with they're willing to do shady shit go get the job done

CAN'T WAKE UP

Anyone got a streaming link to his Godzilla film?

See, we're debating Homura's actions. We could derail this thread and make it about what Homura did. 3.3 is not about Shinji or his decision
Except they use Bomb Collars but don't tell Shinji WHAT the consequences of pulling the pin will be(The End of the Goddamn World)

Thus, idiot plot. Not only does Misato use a violent coersive method, she's too incompetent to actually make sure it works. If she told Shinji - and there was no reason NOT to - what the pin did, nothing bad would have happened.

There was a cam rip of it on some torrent side,but it got nuked. There was also one on mega, but it's pieced together and missing some scenes.

You're fucked until the BD comes out.

>See, we're debating Homura's actions.
There's nothing to debate. The new ending is gibberish. It's not in character, it's not logical, it's not consistent, it's just a desperate, cynical, last minute ploy to ensure a sequel by any means necessary.

>Oh honey why can't be more like your cousin John

It is.

FUCK, waiting for Funi bluray releases is like dying of thirst in the ocean

Oh you asked for it, motherfucker.

>It's not in character
Homura doing extreme things for Madoka's sake isn't in-character?
>It's not logical
Homura's wish was "I want to redo my meeting with Kaname-san. Instead of being protected by her, I want to protect her!"

Literally the moment Homura perceives Madoka as needing protection is the moment her wish gives her power.

>it's not consistent

There is literally nothing MORE consistent than Homura suffering for Madoka's sake and becoming more distant from her. That's been the theme since day 1.

>, it's just a desperate, cynical, last minute ploy to ensure a sequel by any means necessary.

Nah. Rebellion could have been a fanservice movie and it would made more. A sequel could have been done in the same fanservice vain and made tons of money too. Rebellion took a risk and should be complimented.

I'm pretty sure at this point they were to tired to really give a shit and for shinji to play ball maybe they would've explained it later but who knows, My gripe is how retarded gendo is at this point.does he honestly think he'll get his expected outcome at this point it's a miracle he hasn't starved to death by now also where 2.22 Rei?

Any word on th release date?

>blah blah blah
Spare me. I've heard it all before. You people are delusional to the point of mental illness. You would sooner shoot yourselves in the head than admit that Rebellion isn't like clockwork and pottery.

I don't understand what went so wrong with Madoka's fanbase.

>Rebellion took a risk and should be complimented.
Yeah let's praise it for completely and needlessly fucking up not just the movie but the entire series, all for the sake of making it easier to produce a sequel.

Making a good movie that logically follows from what happened before and concludes the story is "fanservice," and should be avoided. Sure.

2.22 is the best, followed by 1.11, 3.33 is a lot of fun.

He absorbed her.

That's the problem - the motives are nonsensical. I can only view Misato as a giant retard who deserved to get fucked.

Really what can you blame Shinji for? Breaking out when Kawaru busts into his jail cell with a giant robot? If I was thrown in prison and had a bomb collar slapped on me I'd run the fuck away too, even without a robot just helping me

You pointed out your problems with Rebellion, I addressed them, and then you just dropped the argument.

There's definitely SOMEONE delusion here, but I don't think it's me.

But shit, no need to just hurl insults at ya. Rebellion is basically what happens after a "happy ending."

Homura failed. Her one goal was to save Madoka and Madoka instead was burdened as a God, and taken away from her family.

Homura accepted that outcome, but the moment it became evidence that the Incubators could fuck around with Madoka even now she was determined to take action.

Elegant, beautiful, and completely in character. That's what makes Rebellion so great... and devastating.

Eh you're probably right but a decade of constant war fare against Angels and dealing with bastards like Gendo is probably completely fucking exhausting mentally she more of a military strategist than a Human Resources she hasn't seen shinji in more time than she knew the kid

>There's definitely SOMEONE delusion here, but I don't think it's me.
I think it is you because it is you. And everyone else in denial about Rebellion's problems.

>Homura failed. Her one goal was blah blah blah
Nice fanfiction. I'm sure it's real in your mind.

I liked Kubo a lot, but I wouldn't mind if Zootopia won because the story felt more solid.

I haven't watched Finding Dory or Kung Fu Panda 3.

Well fuck shinji really can't get a break. Can he?

Any ending which triggers autists is a good ending for me.

Kong fu panda 3 was pretty solid probably one of the weaker entries but still a enjoyable move I'm hyped since the directors going t do Bone next

>Urobuchi accused of ripping off Eva with Madoka
>Rebellion comes out
>3.3 comes out
>Anno accused of ripping off of Urobuchi
When will we have these crazy animator wars in the US?

Speaking of motives what's Gendo plan at this point uis resources are nonexistent his pilots are deserted or dead and he'd be luck to make it for a few days outside his base

No clue. Adjust his glasses and say "Just as keikaku?"

Also it'll be Zootopia

Literally never since that type of artistic level of work simply isn't something western audiences watch on a scale similar to Frozen

Nobody ever mentions the directors and writers of Disney and Dreamworks movies. Frozen is one of the biggest movies of all time yet you never hear anything about who made it.

That's exactly what I was going for general audience don't usually give a shit about the directior unless they're Spielberg or some

Moana because of poc girl power, a brave and capable leader who don't need no man

She needed a man though.

There's a lot of well known directors in America, but only in live action.

That's pretty much why I was annoyed by him acting like he wasn't talking bullshit most of the time that sounded vaguely like it made sense especially in 3.33 there no way he can win yet he acts like it all part of the plan

Rebellion has a new ending? Or do you mean they changed the ending during production?

What are the most well known western animators?

No she needed a demi-God

>Accusing Anno of ripping off the Evangelion rip off

Different user here, I want to ask something about Rebellion since we’re on the subject

I can accept that Homura perpetuates her tragedy for everyone else. I can ignore Incubator plot holes (because if you can keep out Madokami, how can you not keep out entropy…). I can agree that the ending of Rebellion is something that would have happened.

But what was the point of it happenings? Why was it so important Homura fucks up everything one more time, when it's basically the same-old-shit that started the whole mess? Are Homura and Madoka meant to be stuck in a loop of forever both saving and ruining each other's lives?

Just as a reminder, the record-breaking 27 submissions for best Animated feature so far:

-Finding Dory (Disney/Pixar, d. Andrew Stanton)
-Monkey King: Hero is Back (October Animation Studio, d. Tian Xiaopeng)
-Your Name (Funimation/Comix Wave, d. Makoto Shinkai)
-Zootopia (Disney, d. Byron Howard, Rich Moore)
-Moana (Disney, d. John Musker, Ron Clements)
-Sing (Universal/Illumination, d. Garth Jennings)

-The Secret Life of Pets (Universal/Illumination, d. Chris Renaud)
-Trolls (Fox/Dreamworks, d. Mike Mitchell)
-Sausage Party (Sony/Nitrogen, d. Conrad Vernon, Greg Tiernan)

-Kubo and the Two Strings (Focus/Laika, d. Travis Knight)
-The Little Prince (Netflix/On Animation, d. Mark Osborne)
-Long Way North (Shout! Factory/Sacrebleu/2 Minutes/Norlum, d. Rémi Chayé)
-My Life as a Zucchini (GKIDS/Rita Productions/Blue Spirit Productions, d. Claude Barras)

-April and the Extraordinary World (GKIDS/Je Suis Bient Content/Need Productions, d. Christian Desmares, Franck Ekinci)
-The Red Turtle (Sony Pictures Classics/Prima Linea Productions, d. Michael Dudok de Wit)
-25 April (Transmission Films/Flux Animation Studio, d. Leanne Pooley)
-Miss Hokusai (GKIDS/Production I.G., d. Keiichi Hara)

-Ice Age: Collision Course (Fox/Blue Sky, d. Mike Thurmeier, Galen Chu)
-Kung Fu Panda 3 (Fox/Dreamworks, d. Jennifer Yuh Nelson, Alessandro Carloni)
-Storks (Warner Bros./Sony Imageworks, d. Nicholas Stoller, Doug Sweetland)
-The Angry Birds Movie (Sony/Rovio, d. Clay Kaytis, Fergal Reilly)

My personal guess is that Moana will win because Disney and muh brown princess.

I only hope that Long Way North, Kubo, Your Name, 25 April or the Little Prince would get nominated. Your Name seems to be a huge box office hit in Japan, the biggest grosser this year and set to become the biggest Japanese hit film ever second only to Spirited Away, so that moneymaking power is a plus in the Oscars race, I'd expect it to get at least a nomination.

It was supposed to end with Madoka taking Homura away. The production committee was worried about sequel prospects and added the rest, without making any changes to the rest of the movie to accomodate the new ending. They didn't give a shit.

There are some decently known names associated with American animation, or at least decently known among animation fans, but it's usually not clear what their role was/is. Were/are they directors, producers, writers, studio owners, or animators, or what? Are there common elements to their works? Who knows.

Jesus how many. Perfect response images does anno have?

Both were trash though.

Anyone seen April and the extraordinary world, is it good?