I've been hearing rumors lately of it getting picked up by netflix, and getting another installment in the series

I've been hearing rumors lately of it getting picked up by netflix, and getting another installment in the series.

Is this just nonsense, or is there actually a chance?

Other urls found in this thread:

client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#Sandstorm&server=irc.mibbit.net
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nonsense. Viacom/Nickelodeon doesn't have shit on Netflix because they're super greedy, so them selling or even letting a property like that come into Netflix would be an issue.

Korra is on netflix

>Netflix reviving old series to stay relevant

Probably

I seriously doubt it because the fandom is dead except for a fraction of very vocal tumblrites. Even if Netflix actually do it, it'd be a lesbian drama with almost zero bending

Just out of curiosity, if they did do another timeskip like they did with Korra, how far do you think they would go? another 100 years? That would place them firmly in the future.

I dunno, wouldn't it place them about right now? Or just a tiny bit into the future? Slightly-futuristic avatar would be cool. The world stays spiritual and slightly ancient, but with a tech twist

I want them to do something in modern day republic city

The rumor said that it will be a 3rd series, not a new book on Korra and that Moi will do the new series 100% due to Mir rejecting it due to stress (and doing Voltron:LD for Dreamworks).

It's Doug all over again.

I would rather see them go back into the past. The fantasy setting and overall world building in ATLA was more fun than big city setting in LOK.

No, thats NEET pandering.

Why must you lie?

Bryke doesn't want to do it right now, so it would have to be done without them. Which is a good thing, honestly, but I don't know what rights/contract shit they have. That might hamper production, if not outright halt it.

I don't know exactly how this stuff works, but I imagine they'd have to buy the rights to the franchise from Viacom. And they would certainly charge significantly more than it's worth simply because Netflix is a direct competitor to their business format.

The one possible factor making it more likely is that Nickelodeon drove down the price due to their poor handling of the series. Remember that the first season had fantastic ratings.

So the question is whether Netflix believes the property has enough potential to be profitable when it costs a premium, and also whether they should do it without the involvement of the creators, as dumb as those creators may be.

Whatever you heard is probably just fan rumors though OP, I've heard nothing of this.

They'd actually have to go even more than 100 years, because people live stupidly long in the Avatar universe, and they'd need a few years to make the new protag at least a preteen. Aang died young because he lost some years to the Iceberg. So the skip would be at least 110 years, if not more, setting it in the mid 21st century. Also the timeskip was only about 80 years from TLA.

They could, of course, just keep going with Korra, have Korra just die young, or my preferred option, skip ahead to the firebending Avatar and make it cyberpunk. They can't really go with mid-21st century because that's just an awkward time.

I'd watch it

I want cyberpunk Avatar.

It doesn't matter what they do. They've written themselves into a corner.

Why is there no black and white people in avatar?

Not lying

Because that will put effort and fun in the show.

Keep in mind it's just in a small handful of countries including Canada but excluding the USA.

because its a fantasy series based of eastern cultures, set in fantasy versions of those eastern cultures

and there are black and white people, but not many. ginger from lok was white.

Read

Ginger dyed her hair. They say this.

Ginger was clearly not white, her hair was just died.

>korra comes back on tv
>short time skip
>fire nation is a massive shithole because it had to pay for all the damages korra caused to the city
>republic city is a failure more gangs run the street then before
>they elect fire lord trump to make fire nation great again
>they start causing all sorts of shit and breaking all the treaties for land grabs
>korra tells him to stop diplomatically
>fails
>she brashly challenges him to a agni kai
>he walks up to her and says "your fired"
>with korra dead the avatar is reborn
>new season is just recycle of the first show

there

your show is saved

I know you're memeing but that's just nonsense. Why would the Fire Nation have to pay for shit they had nothing to do with? And that's too similar to the conflict between Roku and Sozin.

swap it to the earth kingdom then

since they did attack rep city

>Why would the Fire Nation have to pay for shit they had nothing to do with?

What good would bending be in a time frame with assault rifles and artillery?

No, kuvira attacked the city, which was an unrecognized imperial regime that aggressively took over the Earth Kingdom and then tried to expand. It would hardly be fair to charge the republic Wu set up with those crimes.

That's not the same at all. The people in control of Germany at the start of WWII were officially recognized as the people who should be in control of Germany, not a group of individuals who illegally seized power and then tried to expand.

WHY WASN'T AMON THE VILLAIN FOR THE SECOND SEASON TOO

GOD DAMNIT HE WAS ACTUALLY A COOL BAD GUY

I want 80's Cold War Avatar world.

Too scary/real for the kids

He was amonster

Legond of Korra specifically?
Not a chance, it did so bad the second half of last season stopped airing it on television and had to be posted online.

However the Avatar franchise is so huge that'd I doubt we'll see the last of it.

Probably just nosense desu.

But even if it came to be i doubt it would bring that many fans back to it. I can't speak for others but i wouldn't watch it, not without some major retcons to book 2 and 4.

So as much as i would love to see more of Korra, i doubt it could get enough viewers to be worth the effort, and even if it got made it would be a continuation of what we got and that kinda killed the hype for avatar.

I'm talking about a new series, not a continuation of Korra.

>Not a chance, it did so bad the second half of last season stopped airing it on television and had to be posted online.

Is that true? Damn, that's actually a shame. I like Korra's world a lot.

Earth Avatar

Not him, but i actually think it's worse than that. If i remember correctly it was taken off air halfway through Book 3 not book 4.

I don't know why though, but it was losing viewership rapidly at that point. Wether it was due to Nick or the show i'm not sure, personally i think it was both, though mostly show writing.

>skip ahead to the firebending Avatar
great idea
>make it cyberpunk
horrible idea

This.

The world didn't feel fantastical when they had radios and planes and shit. They should just drop the focus on the Avatar cycle and set it while Aang was in the iceberg, and make it about a bunch of dumb fucking kids who think they can find the Avatar thus giving them a quest.

As nerdy as this would be, I would only be interested in an else-worlds version based on the "Scorched Earth" fanfic.

Please no more shitty Korra series. Just start fresh with a different era.

Adventures of Roku series when?

Hows about an Avatar show set in a 1980s setting?

I would be okay with a fifth season of Korra too.

Advancing the timeline in nonsensical ways was part of why the Korra setting felt worse.
The other part was shitting all over past lore.

>rumors

I see people starting "rumors" about they're favorite shows getting picked up by netflix everyday, it means absolutely nothing.

>I would be okay with a fifth season of Korra too.

Same

>korra kicks the bucket
>megacorporations keep all the earthbending children in isolated "schools" testing them all for the future avatar. none of them show promise yet.
>they grow up in these schools together, separated from their family
>the avatar is in fact in one of these, but all tests have been inconclusive thus far, so he/she remains unknown. they dont' even know they're the avatar
>rival megacorp raids the school, kidnapping children. avatar manages to escape. discovers avatar-ness in the process.
>teams up with some other benders who are fighting the megacorporations in order to free some friends.
>all kinds of unique bending styles in this series. gas poison bending, chain bending, knife bending, sound bending, data bending!

They planned only for one season at first and they killed him at the end

Anyone remember the legend of shen threads?

It was gonna be cold war style times.

I have a bunch of pictures saved of him so I feel obligated to dump some whenever a future Avatar thread comes up, even if no one remembers or cares.

Shen was supposed to be set in the 80s about.

The hair was drawn as a joke, but the outfit is what she was intended to have, or variations. Very 80s.

I remember the waterbender had a fat ass.

You're goddamn right she did

There were plenty more pictures too, I just deleted a few. I'll have to rexpand for next time.

Sup Forums tried to make one. It was a lot of fun.
That was, what? 2 years ago now?

AmateurWritefag here.
We should start up again for shits and giggles.

I don't even remember the name I used, I didn't contribute shit though. You were pretty good iirc. Maybe if the thread takes off we could, though I'm Not sure what we'd do.

The old one US named Bayar. Older brother of Shen. They both grew up as sand people, and Bayar is against The whole Avatar thing, very traditional type guy.

client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#Sandstorm&server=irc.mibbit.net

These two are Kimiko and Poi. Kim is a fire noble, tasked to find and guide the Avatar. I forget if Poi was a servant of the family, or adopted, but she's like a sister to Kimiko.

From what I gather Netflix okays the revival of shows that have rabid fanbases which are vocal on the interwebs.
How have the LoK fans held up post-show and outside of Sup Forums?

Prequels are a writing landmine and I wouldn't trust Bryke to write my Christmas cards.

It's an unsubstantiated rumor. The show is over, the franchise continues through the comics. Yeah, I'm sorry, too.

You're saying that like writing yourself in a corner isn't an Avatar tradition.

None. They couldn't even follow through with having planes and replaced them with impractical tech to make bending look good.

>fraction of very vocal tumblrites
and yet that was enough to revive Young Justic abortion

i don't think Korra has enough fujoshi pull tho

Stop faggot bending on yourself.

I loved the idea of the Cold War-style setting but hated almost everything that Sup Forums came up with. I just didn't like it very much at all and it was too reminiscent of A:TLA.

I've always wanted to give it another go, but completely disregard what we came up with before.

I thought the stuff co came up with was all rpetty good, but we all got bogged down with trying to add wierd shit in that didnt mesh well.
Which would be fine if it were only a couple of us doing it, but we ALL did it.

Like what?

The cyborg airbender who fights using soundwaves was a step too far and that came pretty early

But at the end of it all, as always, it was waifus that did the project in. Everyone wanted to argue about the female characters and what traits they should have, what their stories should be.

i tried to force a kaizo with a gf and my whole taxman origin.
sandsketcher forced his book 4 really hard.
there was a lot of other stuff that ic ant remember cause im drunk and it was 2 years ago.

But the main takeaway is we never truly learned to work as a gorup and there were just too damn many of us throwing in random ideas.

>The cyborg airbender who fights using soundwaves was a step too far and that came pretty early
That honestly doesn't sound TOO bad, considering the crazy shit that came around the second half of LoK. But then a lot of people don't really like LoK.

>But the main takeaway is we never truly learned to work as a gorup and there were just too damn many of us throwing in random ideas.
Maybe we should give it another go?

Do any of you guys have Discord? We could make a Legend of Shen group there.

>Maybe we should give it another go?

Don't. History repeats itself. Get a group of 5-6 people at best and work with them if you must, but DO NOT try to open source it.