Stupid Mystique

How the hell does she work?

That part where Mystique as Wolverine gets her fake claws sliced always makes me laugh.

As for OP, I dont know

IT

She's a shapeshifter. She shifts her shape.

Me too.
I always wondered if that was a stunt double or actually Jackman when they took that shot.

>She's a shapeshifter.

Not in the movies she isn't. She's only limited to a humanoid form. She can't change her anatomy or true physical structure. Any changes she makes is purely epidermal.

That's... still shapeshifting, famalam. There are more than one kind.

Is it? I would think 'Shapeshifting' would imply a much greater degree of transformation. Like, you know, actually being able to change the shape of your physical being.

That's clearly Jackman.

For some reason, as a kid I had a real hard time following that fight, I could never tell who the real Wolverine was supposed to be.

Seriously, did she think she could replicate Wolverine's claws enough to defend herself?

I wonder why she didn't loose her fingers or something after that

>did she think she could replicate Wolverine's claws enough to defend herself?

Maybe, maybe not. I suspect it was probably an instinctive reflex for defense. If not then she probably had no knowing that his shit's made of Adamantium.

>I wonder why she didn't loose her fingers or something after that

Because the claws weren't made from her fingers?

Nah the ability to change one's appearance is pretty much the definition.
It was probably reflex rather than believing her claws could stand up to the real deal. They just so happened to be out.
Because they weren't her fingers.
Though the whole having scars remain doesn't make a lot of sense, I'm just going to noprize that she kept the scars of her own volition.
Obviously not since she's changed height, weight, and facial structure. She might not be able to become an inhuman being but she can make extreme alterations within the realm of human possibility. also clothes.
Don't think about movie Mystique too hard.

What were they made from?

Scales/skin from the back of her hand.

Then why would she do it?

How would Mystique feel or think about Pillarmen?

I like to think that she was just a little shorter after the encounter.

Ask someone to swing a machete at your face. Tell them to wait until you don't expect it... Just sometime in the next three weeks. After they do so, tell them to post on Sup Forums whether you reflexively raised your arm as the machete came down.

Shapeshifter. She can regrow fingers.

Mystique is only half the shapeshifter that Copycat is.
Copycat can copy peoples powers and change her scent to match thiers so she can't be tracked by people like Wolverine who can easy point out Mystique in a crowd.

>She can regrow fingers.

No she can't. She alters the color, texture and shape of her skin and hair. She can't regrow limbs. If she loses a finger, she may be able to alter her appearance to look like she didn't. But in her default form, it'd still be missing.

I meant why did she grow the claws and try to use them if they would be useless

Hulk has super strength.

So does Spider-Man.

Are they the same thing?

How did she make those glasses if silicone isn't an organic element? I mean sure there are traces of it in the human body but not enough to make a pair of glasses. Furthermore what are the frames made of?

It probably only looks silicone. If you touched it I'd bet it'd feel like flesh.

That's what Mystique (she) said. :DDD

...Y-yes?

I've actually thought about this a lot. She makes NO sense. She doesn't even need to touch a person before becoming them. Yet everything is the same, down to retina scans, and fingerprints. She could literally find out what anyone looks like naked by seeing them once, and changing into them. Don't even get me started on the way she creates clothes and shit.

You gotta quit that shifting of shapes. I accepted what you were and then everything changed, and I don't want to live in any place where the people are shifting their shapes.

Doesn't she take Trask's shape in DoFP? That's some serious shapeshifting, considering he's a dwarf.

test

according to her describing her power in her mini-series she can't change her weight
no matter what form she takes she always weighs about 200 lbs

>she always weighs about 200 lbs
LOL FATASS

Because she's a professional, dammit. She doesn't half-ass her disguises.

>She can't change her anatomy or true physical structure. Any changes she makes is purely epidermal.
Not true just re watched DOFP and she was able to shrink to mimic Trask.

She makes my dick shift its shape.

maybe her secondary mutation is a hyper intuitive eye. Like how Cyclops has a brain wired so he can do visual geometry like it was simple math.

So we see that when Mystique is stabbed in the stomach by Wolverine at the end of the confrontation the wound remains, so we know that whatever wounds she sustains while morphed carry over to her real body because the flesh is all the same flesh just turning into different shapes. So when she morphs some part of herself into Wolverine's claws, then gets those claws cut off, what part of her bodymeat was no longer a part of her after that when she changed back? That seems like a substantial enough portion of flesh that it'd affect something no matter what.

She now has no nipples.