gunowners.org/
joinnra.nra.org/join/join.aspx
joinnra.nra.org/donate.aspx
nranews.com/
contact.nra.org/contact-us.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is there a fee?

It's a dankass honeypot.

There's a thing where I could join for free. I'm just wondering if it's worth backing.

no
nice digits tho

lifetime member here.

That's what I'm worried about. Once shtf they'll use it as a list for confiscation.

I prefer GOA/GOF, but haven't really looked into if there's any additional benefit to giving money to NRA.

If that happens, that will be the least of your worries. Obviously you aren't going to use them so you are a faggot that shouldn't have them.

Yep

If you like spending money on nothing, sure

They're one of the most effective lobby groups in the world. Being "NRA approved" is huge for politicians and can swing elections. If you want to support gun rights, they're worth supporting.

Yes I think it's like over 200 a month.

You're already on the list for doing the federal background check to buy the gun, or for using Tor, or for being in this site.

I'm on every list imaginable. Bring it on.

Yes and no. They're not as bad as critics say but they are also not enough. Take a look at Gun Owners of America and the concealed carry group that Sean Hannity promotes.

Also if you have not done so, ask your local gun store employees about known Second Amendment compatible lawyers, and put their number in your phone now. If you do have to defend yourself, activists from before the present wave have forced police departments to investigate you assuming the worst.

Not knowing much about it, what criticisms are there of the NRA from pro-gun groups?

To me I look at Americas gun laws compared to the rest of the world, look at the NRAs prominence and recognition, and think they're pretty successful.

Yes.

Pretty sure they backed the assault rifle ban

Their membership fees seem pretty high to me for what few benefits they offer.

They literally claim that the Second Amendment has no meaning or modern application, and that the sinister and all-powerful NRA made up the real interpretation out of whole cloth to make money. They make the NRA out to be a more powerful lobby than AIPAC or big tobacco (NRA is moderate sized at best and unique among lobbies in being truly democratic, properly supported numbers of ordinary people).
There are also pro-gun criticisms (oh, that's what you asked, sorry), that NRA is for the manufacturers, and had a hand in Clinton bogarting perfectly good Russian and Chinese guns. You know, Norinco makes a Sig P226 ripoff chambered in 7.62x25 Tokarev. Can you imagine? As a Canadian, you can get one and I cannot.

They're worth joining just for the lawful shooting insurance program.

benefits.nra.org/

1599, but you can pay $25 quarterly or monthly. They offer lots of insurances, legal help if needed, and of course help keep you up to date on laws in your area. They have training classes, ranges, and service discounts. They offer a lot, and if you use your 2nd amendment rights you should for sure join, they are the strongest proponent of keeping you able to defend yourself and your loved ones from those who would do them harm. There is no reason not to join the NRA if you are a firearm owner.

Good things about joining the NRA:

When you join they give a shooting bag or backpack which really are very damn nice! That is worth the whole $20 or $30 right there!

They will e-mail you about local gun related evens and problems in your local area which I find very informative.

The printed magazine of your choice is actually not terrible.

Tell any asshole liberal you are a member of the NRA and they will just fall to their knees in spastic seizures.

If you can get the the big NRA show that is a barrel of fun!

Bad things:

Don't let them know your phone number because they do like to call you.

Every time Hillary farts they will mail you an emergency alert and a donation form.

They will send you some kind of mail just about everyday here before the election. From NRA life and Health insurance to the donations, to the emergency legislation alerts. Usually pretty directly related though vs. dumb bullshit.

The Board of Directors of the NRA is filled with a bunch or total ignorant asshats.

I live down the street from their hq and they have a sweet underground range and lounge along with the best gun museum.

It was a no brainer for me.

That and CCW.

Would you call the membership worth it for someone a little strapped for cash or only for those with plenty of disposable income? I debate joining occasionally but I'm like in the middle of strapped for cash and having plenty of disposable income.

>Gun Owners of America

GOA is also a very nice group to join after the NRA. They are more focused on actually getting shit done. I just sent a bunch of their pre-made postcards to my representatives a few hours ago. And my reps actually do write me back about that.

gunowners.org/

$40 annually.

They are the literally the only reason the 2nd amendment hasn't already been done away with. The only organization that I am happy to give my money to.

Those postcards are how to get it done. It's neat to see who sends a form letter back when and what it says.

Also no monthly fees. Then again, I donate enough anyway to have been given a lifetime membership out of the gates.

Nice divine trips but if you rent your constitutional rights from a lobbyist group you are a goy. B-but muh range discounts and muh free t-shirt and magazine subscription! Oy vey goy! Only $259 for a full year! Oy vey!

Guns are for violent mussslims

$500 for a life time membership isn't bad I have to say.

>Would you call the membership worth it for someone a little strapped for cash or only for those with plenty of disposable income?

Looks like they want $40/year right now which is high.

But wait till after the election when it goes back down to $20 ;) Right now they are really milking everyone for all the cash they can get.

joinnra.nra.org/join/join.aspx

You could probably contribute $10 to them and get a lot of odd benifits and news just the same. Or you can probably sign up to the news and stuff for free.

joinnra.nra.org/donate.aspx

nranews.com/

There are other ways to let people know you have erectile dysfunction, you know.

this.

that is all.

If you believe in gun rights, talk with your money.

NRA has been a very effective group.

>There are other ways to let people know you have erectile dysfunction, you know.

:D

>dem childbearing hips

Actually as I remember back. Once the NRA knows your mailing address you are IN!

They won't send you any cool shit or expensive things but they will love you as an honorary member till they suck you in to actually sending them money... They know one dark night when some gun ban is all over the news that you will finally pull out that checkbook...

Their gun raffles are pretty nice. Odds are shit but you can still enter to win 20+ guns for free if you're a member.

>Their gun raffles

I am still waiting to win a gun there too!!!

:D

NOT
AN
ARGUMENT

Fuck the NRA desu

I got a chance to join them for $10 with the purchase of my rifle so I did. They gave me a hat and a can holder and prommised send me a bunch of other shit in the mail (he did tell me they would send me shit asking for more money with the other shit, but I guess that's how they get funding, nothing against it). I never got anything in the mail, note the membership card, not the letter asking me to give more.

I don't mind giving $10 to an organization that helps fight for my gun rights, but I do mind when they say they will do something then don't do it.

The anti-gun criticisms of the NRA are internationally known and they got really unpopular for awhile after columbine. Michael Moore infamously edited Heston's speech in Bowling for Columbine to make the NRA look worse and nuttier, and not everybody got the memo about what he did.

I think things are starting to swing the other direction now because younger generations are unswayed by arguments in favor of prohibition including of weapons, and there has been so much exposure of hysteria among anti-gun forces like the AR-15 bans.

I'd drink hillarys spit cup for that LaRue. someone is going to be a lucky man.

You can probably just e-mail them with the details of why you are not happy and they will make it good.

contact.nra.org/contact-us.aspx

I suspect the gun store might not have sent it in but they just stole the NRA's money for themselves.

But if you are unhappy about something tell the NRA because they really do not like to have unhappy members.

One really good thing I see happening in the NRA (realize, the NRA is 144 years old) is that they really are realizing that those old fossils that are still around are just hurting the organization. At first they started getting a lot more women and now they are reaching out to minorities much much more. If Hank Williams Jr. and Ted Nugent dropped dead tomorrow that would be a big boost to the NRA... Put Colin Noir and that Wisconsin sheriff on the board to replace them.

That's because if you're a good, hard working black man in a shit city, the last thing you want is some fuckers telling YOU to disarm yourself against the hordes of thugs right outside your doors.

/k/ as fuck

NRA is very popular in my state but a lot of gun owners here would rather not join.

They don't want to advertise that they are gun owners. They don't want to reveal their power level

NRA is seen as a political group and a lot of folks here don't see it as a political issue. Instead it's merely a part of our culture as a matter of survival.

Some people here see the NRA as a giant containment board of sorts...a way for (((gun grabbers))) to monitor pro gun activity and agenda set among the gun rights crowd.

Don't do it, user. Just train and stay low.

I endorse this post.

>I endorse this post.

I will save this for the future.

Are there any corrections or additions?

----------------

Good things about joining the NRA:

When you join they give you a shooting bag or backpack which really are very damn nice! That is worth the whole $20, $30, or $40 right there!

They will e-mail you about local gun related events and problems in your local area which I find very informative.

The printed magazine of your choice is actually not terrible.

Tell any asshole liberal you are a member of the NRA and they will just fall to their knees in spastic seizures.

If you can get to the big NRA show that is a barrel of fun!

Bad things:

Don't let them know your phone number because they do like to call you.

Every time Hillary farts they will mail you an emergency alert and a donation form.

They will send you some kind of mail just about everyday here before the election. From NRA life and Health insurance to the donations, to the emergency legislation alerts. Usually pretty directly related though vs. dumb bullshit.

The Board of Directors of the NRA is filled with a bunch of totally ignorant asshats.

Don't you dare wish death on bocephus

Join a real gun owner's lobby. Forget the NRA half-wits...

Yes definitely join, they are good people and deserve the money.

I recently paid $1500 for a lifetime membership. They sent me a leather bomber jacket which was cool too

Of course, if you don't want to join anything. At least vote for the guy that understands how to deal with gun rights issues....

is there any way to avoid getting mail? I hate that shit.

Its a good idea the same way staying with an abusive alcoholic husband is a good idea because you have no place else to go.

No.

Leftists think guns = dicks.

No wonder they're obsessed with grabbing them.