Manhattan Projects

Hey anons. Sorry I have been gone a while. Work is a pain is the ass.

Anyway, I didn't come here to talk about me. I came here for what the poll said you wanted.

The Manhattan Projects!

Have fun.

I still haven't forgiven Hickman and Pitarra for abandoning this.

I thought they gave it a decent conclusion

They cancelled it? Shame. I didn't read after issue 25, guess there's no point to read that one more volume.

I don't think so. I think that Hickman just finished it but is still willing to write sequels. But, I could be wrong. And that volume is good and part of the storytime

>no point in reading vol 6
This is exactly why I feel a little taken advantage of. They obviously still want to make money off of the DLX hc 2 they just printed and vol 6 etc etc but if they were honest with their fans about ending MP people wouldn't buy it. This is the kind of "fuck you,I got mine" that comic creators pull sometimes that I just can't stand.

>decent conclusion
It only reads as a conclusion if you already know its cancelled.

I mean, its absolutely possible that it could come back in two or three years, but I doubt it. Pitarra is happy making cover/commission money and Hickman is doing other shit. Cancelled? Maybe not. Abandoned? Oh yeah.

>that volume is good
If you mean the space one with Laika, it's not good. It's really bad compared to what went before.

Just, please god, don't let East of West go the same way.

Oh... I didn't realize that people were this screwed over by Manhattan Projects. I just picked up last year and thought it was a good book so I brought them all and enjoyed them. Never knew about the drama behind it

And first screw up.

I liked it.

It's a great book. I really enjoyed it. I'd be reading along if I didn't have them sat on my shelf two metres away.

>I liked it
It's ok but what I really liked was the alt-history elements and there was none of that following the move to space. Needed more LBJ.

It won't. Hickman almost fired Pitarra from the book for being consistenly late. Combined with the Secret Wars fiasco and Secret/Dying&Dead being delayed, I think Hickman had a "come to jesus" moment of sorts. East of West is safe

>Vol 6
If it was just "another four issues in the middle" it'd be fine. But for it to be "the final four issues" that they took 15 months to put out and then also didn't even have the balls to call the final issues? I'm a little raw about it.

Oh yeah, I agree that I wish it had more of the Manhattan Projects and the original story. But, it was a nice little character drama of two underrated characters.

>I think Hickman had a "come to jesus" moment of sorts
How did God Is Dead fit into this?

that first panel is easily one of the best images in the series

Not that I don't mind discussion, but could we please refrain from images that are not part of the storyline. Particularly spoiler ones? Thanks

Is it just me, or is this ultimately quite the optimistic piece of fiction?

True MC here guys!

My bad

No problem. It's interesting, really some of the drama behind this.