Angry American

Does anybody else here rage at how expensive college is?

It's pure insanity. If you don't have any grants/scholarships and are living on your own, you have to work a full time job while living with a roommate, assuming you're not living with family.

Me? I'm living with family so I'm not paying any bills, but to afford car insurance, car payments, phone bills, etc. I have to work a part time job.

What part time job can I get with my weird mid-day college hours? Fucking fast food at night.

This is fucking insane. Fucking talk to Europeans or what have you, and they'll laugh at the idea of needing to stress out about finding an available job at fucking McdDonalds while attending college.

Seriously, this country can suck my fucking dick at times. I'm sorry dude, but I wouldn't fucking serve for my country after experiencing this shit. Stressing out about finding a part time job that works around my hours because college isn't free is fucking bullshit.

Well I guess even in Europe your living expenses isn't paid for, but fuck I dunno

Wtf I love to live in a shithole now

suck it up? my sister worked a full time job while getting her degree and graduated with honors and on time, that was 5 years ago. no one said this would be easy, it's your choice if you want to persevere and succeed. college isn't for everybody and most fields you go into with a 4 year college degree are extremely competitive.

Exactly, sure the government has ruined college pricing with subsidies, but at least you don't live in a shit hole.

I went to my state university which offers co-op programs for engineers that pay at standard industrial salary.

I already had 40k in the bank.

I worked my ass off and was a finalist in the PSAT which meant I didn't have to pay tuition.

Plus I applied for as many scholarships as I could.

I came out of college 32k in the black. I literally MADE money going to college.

>full time job whike getting degree

Nice try. You only have four hours for homework if you pull off your day perfectly as planned with no errands, perfect logistics, no uncertainties or other responsibilities, and you sleep effortlessly on time. Not to mention not being able to attend classes or labs while at work.

Stop lying you little kike. We can expose your cunt sister by just doing the math.

go find another job faggot. Go on job sites or craigslist. Wait until you finish college and your parents wont pay rent or anything and all on your own what would you do?
Exactly, work your ass off now, fund max 401ks and ira, that way in 30-40 years at least you can be somewhat safe.

My full scholarship is the only reason I even went to college. I don't use it and it was kind of an interesting experience, but it's not very valuable unless you're going into research or something else where a degree is a definite requirement.

These peeps going into 50k debt for some random degree they aren't even sure about... Sad!

Free school is not the answer either you degenerate big government hippies. Just make degrees a test-based certification and you can end up spending only a few hundred for the whole thing including books and private tutors when you need them. (Degrees with lab work would cost a bit more.)

Also, pro tip. Parboiled rice is 50 cents for 2k calories.

Im with you bro. Im angry at tthe whole college system

Degrees cost more because government subsidize them. If the government didn't allow people who were previously or otherwise financially incapable of acquiring a degree then less people would go. If less people went to colleges, then the colleges would have to lower prices, cut staff, and or cut unneeded luxuries. Consequently these actions would lead to lower prices, making college more affordable. If you got your degree in the 70s and tried to get one today you'd understand. In all honestly no but emergency services should be working more than 15 hours a week, but we have too much speculation and private control of the money supply happening. I remember in the late 90s all the guys at the office would talk about the markets... saying they could all make it with less than 20 hours a week in the foreseeable future with real estate and small business investments. Then we had QE...

oh yea btw, the only way to fix this is literally get the government out of college.

I know I know, but muh federal grants help pay. Well you know what, once prices tremendously get lowered, getting a scholarship from one or two people/companies will most likely be enough.

Right now, college so expensive because the government literally pays the private companies, I mean colleges, to accept students who cant afford it. Once this happens prices increase because the government picks up that tab the the business (college) knows that it can get away with it.

What will happen however is muh feelings and college will be more government funded and will eventually be free like elementary and high school.

We can still change it. We just need more people to agree government is the problem.
And by them interfering its increasing prices.

So OP quit whining like a faggot and spread the word.

Also forgot to mention you're not always going to get the time slots you want. Classes will start too early or too late and be spread out with breaks in between where you have little time to really focus on major work.

i'm not lying. your accusation that i must be lying because you are not confident in your own ability to go to school and work a full time job at the same time is kind of telling though. note that i never said this kind of schedule is HEALTHY or IDEAL. my claim was that it was possible if you are strong enough, as i have seen it with my own eyes. she didn't get 8 hours of sleep every night, but she also didn't waste time partying and being a degenerate. she also VOLUNTEERED during her time at school while working a job.
i'm not trying to make you feel bad, i'm trying to let you know this is possible if it's something you want. i look up to my sister because she's one of the strongest willed individuals i know. you can call her whatever you want, but she's successful on her own terms and our family didn't have any money. i guess my advice to you is believe in yourself and actually give it a shot before deciding that it's impossible? i went to college for 2.5 years and didn't like it, i work in the trades now. maybe you're better suited there.

Many Americans say this. Rememer that most people on pol do Business Administration at South West North Mississippi Community College.

It's because of bunch of Cock suckers want to go to war and they get charged out the ass. Thank them.

You want your status symbol?

You should have to pay for it period.

How much do you think it is worth?

I suspect you think it is worth more than it actually costs so what is the problem?

I double majored in Accounting and MIS at the University of Puerto Rico. My tuition was just $700 per semester, and out of the 10 semesters it took me to finish, I got tuition exemption for 6 of those for being on the top 5% of the class. I worked 4 internships throughout my college years and graduated with $25k in the bank. Started earning $46k out of college in Puerto Rico and one year later accepted a job offer in Houston, TX earning $62k. Now, one year after moving to Houston, I'm up for promotion within 2 months and will expect to be earning around $75k.

TL;DR: Study at the University of Puerto Rico. It's cheap and you won't be disadvantaged against those who study at more expensive state universities.

I heard the other day that tuition in Michigan has quadrupled since the 1990s.

Join the Marines faggot

Get paid
Fuck asian hookers
Travel to cheap, shitty countries
Kill hajis
Get a bunch of dudebros as best friends
Get free college and the respect if normies

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR

You can't have a serious degree while having a job in France. That's just not possible. During a prépa (the two first years of engineering studies), students work 50-80 hours a week.

/gap year/ here

the $17/hr internship at my mom's work fell through, so now I have to actually do some job searching myself. I REALLY don't wanna work at fucking McDonalds though. I'd rather be working in a sewer for 12 hours a day letting the nauseating fumes contribute to brain damage. Wat do?

Colllege was for the rich elite by the rich elite. Thank fucking FDR for the anomaly of having middle class-soldiers etc enrolling, due to G.I. bill and federal subsidies that came later on. But post 80s, we are returning to normal. Colleges should be for the selected few and selected few only, funny that this normalization is done through bastardizing the "education reform" of FDR and his ilk but oh well.

No one below upper middle class should be allowed to step into a college.

>she also VOLUNTEERED during her time at school while working full-time job hours and passing while sleep deprived.

Has nothing to do with determination. It's not mathematically possibly. Definitely not with STEM courses.

You're not wrong.

This guy gets it

>not having a full merit scholarship

untermensh detected

Join the national guard

GenXfag here. My internships and the connections I made there and with fellow students helped me more than anything else. They should teach you networking as a freshman.

i don't know what to tell you, she made it work. i'm sorry that you and OP won't even try, which is again, telling.

That's stupid. Most of the good students come from middle class, not upper class, at least here in France.

>he actually tried in school

My uncle got 2 degress one after the other while working a 100k/year job.
He also has 3 kids who he would always help with their school work and do everything for (driving them around etc)
He was and is a highly stressed person though.
It can be done, but its not easy.

>what are online courses

FUCKING LEAF

Lol, in Ukraine college is free and you even get minimum wage if you get at lease C.

>not spending at most 50 hours in high school of hard studying to get a 95th percentile score on the ACT/SAT to literally thousands of dollars

Here is your solution OP.

Marry a Canadian citizen. Move up here for cheap 5000/year tuition. Move back to the states for jobs. She gets to benefit from accessing the US market

I was a valet here in Downtown Dallas when I took a year off school. Worked 6-7 days a week, 12hrs a day and was able to completely pay for school after a year when I got back with cash, completed the degree. It wasn't easy by any means, and turnover rate was very high. Those that stuck around made bank.

>Not knowing the the Master Language
Untermensch detected.

>cheap 5000/year tuition
That's not cheap

That's what happens when the government guarantees loans

Quit your fucking bitching you faggot.
I was raped as a child, served in the corps, saw combat and killed 3 Doon coons. My mom and dad died at 22, and lost several friends in combat and due to suicide. I Work full time, go to school full time and I don't even use my gi bill. I'm saving that shit for medical school. People have life harder than yours. If you can't handle it kill yourself. Be a fucking man and handle your shit. That's why no one will fuck you. You can't even handle the smallest of things. Fuck of faggot.

Here is what an intelligent American does OP (also what I do) to avoid being needlessly angry.
>Go to a state school that isn't shit.
>Work hard and get a part time job serving on weekends
>don't use drugs and study hard
>make sure your major is competitive as fuck, if it's not I promise you get no job with your degree
>live at home

Stop being pussy you entitled shit. If you work hard in this country you will be rich eventually ffs be happy you don't live in, well, any other country lol you live in the best country on earth with the best universities stop complaining

how'd you get that? sounds neat.

thank you for your service and please kill more sand niggers for us

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

There aren't good schools in Europe lol enjoy your shit tier education

You get minimum wage in America w/o a hs diploma so your country sounds like shit

Do you know why it's expensive?
Because of government-backed student loans, one of the most horrid examples of crony capitalism in the modern age.
You can't get out of them through bankruptcy, except in very specific scenarios, unlike just about every other type of debt.
The result of this is that the loan providers don't have to be selective about who they give a loan to unlike normal loans.
Thus, low-value colleges and degree programs are not disincentivized like a free market would.
If you changed student loans to be like any other loan, then the lenders wouldn't give out loans for colleges and subjects that aren't worth it.

Her boss was probably understanding of her situation. She probably wasn't in stem. You don't need 8 hours a sleep a night to pass, 6 is fine. It has everything to do with determination. She saw what she wanted, and she didn't give up when she thought "aw shucks I'm not going to get 4 hours of entertainment time every day." She's tougher than most men.

Wow, haven't seen this copy pasta in a while.

>she just somehow made it work lol

How? By teleportation, creating clone of herself, and routine cheating? Even the French poster is telling you it's not possible. You can't even learn anything or get stuck on difficult course material. My argument holds up. You're just being a nigger.

Read this argument you sir are a complete nincompoop

Killing them was the best thing ever. Took all the rage away i had from being raped. I just wish I killed more of them. Nice dubs

Hope you lose more friends and family and make it go from "22" to "23".

Plagiarized business plans for dragon dildos and part time work with flexible hours is something else in their minds.

1 and 5 don't work for most people, the school I go to is 5 hours from my house but still in state

sewer work is high paid and a useful job
you get resperators etc, you will not die if you take precaution.

The sanitation engineers job is elevnty zillion times more useful to a nation than the smartest kike professor.
well that isn't much, but you get my meaning

More like she probably had a ridiculously easy degree. It's indeed impossible to follow any kind of selective course while working a full time job.

Did you enjoy being raped?

>dumbasses falling for the college Jew instead of social engineering their way to success.

I worked two jobs and put myself through college. I graduated with no debt.

And I didn't bitch about it once.

Grow the fuck up.

Ok if you can't live at home then simply take out a loan I don't see the problem. Serving on weekends will pay off the loan somewhat and you have your whole life to pay the rest off. Assuming you aren't a weak human being and get a job because you did well in a competitive degree

No, my uncles cock was too small

>PTSD life
>I Work full time, go to school full time
>medical school

Sure I believe you. I bet you have time for gym 5 times a weeks, daily sex, get As across the board, and only need to eat once a week.

We have some top tier university, especially in mathematics.

>mfw everything is free from the shittiest college to the Moscow State University

I did it too.
Everybody I know says OOOH YOU CANT POSSIBLY DO THAT ITS SOOOO STRESSFUL!
It's not, you're just a fucking pussy.

You don't even have to work full time, or at a good job.
Let's say you get a job making $8.50/hr, and you work 20 hours a week. That's incredibly easy to attain, as it will be unskilled work and they're always working around student schedules in the first place.
That's $680 a month before taxes (which you should have filled out as "exempt" since paying your tuition will give you all your withholdings back)
x12 is 8160
x4 (Length of a bachelors) is $32,640
Congratulations you just prevented $30k worth of debt.
And that's assuming you're completely incompetent and don't get a better paying internship within a year or two.

You're lazy and entitled and you think you shouldn't have to work towards anything.

I don't really care. Suicide is the way for faggots and pussies. I'm so numb to everything it doesn't bother me. A lesser man like op couldn't handle that shit. Fucking faggot can't even work and go to school.

My math teacher at the uni is from Moscow. Good teacher

Your plan is pretty solid, but for some people trades are better. Right now I'm pretty much following your plan and getting my bachelor's in EE. Should be able to pay off my debt in the first few years of working.

Haha, no. I'm average body and don't go to the gym. Walking to school and not eating disgusting jew burgers is all you need to do not to be a fat disgusting slob like yourself. Gyms are for faggots who like to be surrounded by sweaty men. Maybe you should go to a gym

I think what the difference is between you and the complaining kikes in this thread is that you actually worked hard. These bitches are just afraid of doing work

It will be worth it after you get a splendid job after college and do a full-time job or not.

>having to talk up your sister because you have no accomplishments of your own
you forgot to mention that you are the neet that couldn't handle it like your sister could

>pay out of pocket an arm and a leg because people are inflating tuition using debt and gov methods of payment to flood University for their oversaturated degrees
>no its all OP's fault for not being a masochist for his shit country

How much is tuition though? I actually am curious I have no idea

That's because MSU is in the world's top 50, cuz they wuz Nobel laureats nd shiet. Too bad most of the alumni gtfo of this shitcountry

you get what you pay for. Our colleges are fuckin luxury resorts with observatories, rec centers, auditoriums, sports stadiums, greek life, tons of partying, hot babes, freedom, cheeseburgers, passionate professors, etc. After college you'll have a much higher likelihood to get into the middle or upper class. A few years of grind are worth long term success

I pay 189€ per year as a student at the university Pierre and Marie Curie

That's true. The equipments in American universities is way better than what we've got in France.

kek

moorines are fags

College was never meant for "being a good student".
It was always about rich parents trying to find rich spouses for their children so they can become even richer.

Do faggots really think John Trustfund baby taking 13th century European architecture is what gave him the $500k starting salary job at his dad's firm after graduation?

Hard work is all you need in this country a degree being needed is a myth imho. You can make bank in trade work/starting a business/knowing how to sell your talents. Point is work hard in America and you will likely be rich someday. So yeah user keep it up maybe you'll make the next best electric thing in America

>Shill thread

Sage goes in all fields!!

>go to college in-state so it's $9000 a semester
>live at home with parents so it's reduced to $6000 a semester
>keep grades up, get between $2000 and $4000 a semester in scholarships and grants
>worked part time initially, now working internship on weekends, making about $7000 a year
Will graduate with STEM degree with zero debt, feels good man.
>tfw lots of free time and low stress because I schedule all my studying so never have to stay up working on shit that I procrastinated on

Universities are generally ranked for research. We all learn the same thing and grind through textbooks and PowerPoint to take an exam. This isn't worth 50k. Get over yourself.

>College was never meant for "being a good student".
Good students = good searchers. That's what universities are made for : reasearch

>greek life, tons of partying, hot babes, freedom, cheeseburgers, passionate professors
Literally who the fuck cares? You go there to learn. You shouldn't have to pay for all these things as part of the basic price tag in a place of learning.
Also that last one is a nice meme. Colleges here are typically liberal hellholes.

haha nah, i work 50 hours a week and have been for the past 4 years. i work for a boss who i respect and admire, and i own my own home. i dropped out of school because i felt directionless, and with a little bit of luck i landed on my feet fairly quickly.

>Hard work is all you need in this country a degree being needed is a myth imho

I think this has been totally true but it is changing.

Women sure as hell think degrees are very important.

As they start taking control of who gets hired they will stat making it an actual issue.

Women are obsessed with "education".

>Good students = good searchers. That's what universities are made for : research

No. Universities were made so children of the rich can find spouses.

The academic portion of universities is just a ceremonial part of higher education to make the elites feel sophisticated.

you're arguing for what universities were made for in the way beginning. other fag user is making a claim about what universities are currently being made for
autist

Well you had to work hard to get there I bet. In the us if you can get into a school as highly ranked as this one you can go to pretty much any state school free of charge, including a meal plan and room and board.

College prices typically increase at double the rate of inflation.

Rich people don't go to uni in France.
Universities' purpose is research here.

>you go there to learn
I'm sorry you never had friends

I agree b/c they need every way they can to shatter the glass ceiling and it's definitely easier being a male and pulling yourself up from your bootstraps without a degree. Fucking bitches

>going to college
>get in debt
>can't find job
wageslaves

i have no reason to lie to you about any of this, what would my end game be? to discourage you? not worth my time, i want you to succeed and i hope you change your attitude, and wish you the best of luck.