We've all seen western animation parody eastern animation, but how often does the opposite happen?

We've all seen western animation parody eastern animation, but how often does the opposite happen?
Only time I can think of is when FLCL and P&S did a brief south park style

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dHg50mdODFM
youtube.com/watch?v=9EW9p3FT1LY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fushigi_no_Kuni_no_Alice
legendsoflocalization.com/avgn/
youtube.com/watch?v=0gKf7RtrUys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ever heard of panty and stocking ?

There was a good thread about this on Sup Forums last year. I didn't save a lot though.

Shaman King had characters that were Ren and Stimpy parodies

The anime also had a quick reference to WWE in it with a team based on Edge, Bubba Ray Dudley, and Matt Hardy, who used possessed Tables, Ladders, and Chairs as weapons.

That's what P&S stands for...

I like that these examples are still all from the Trigger team.
Excluding Shaman King of course.

That's a reference, not an entire animation parody.

Ren & Stimpy cameo'd in Panty & Stocking.

refresh my memory, didn't they marry or something?

source?

Bewitched.

Bewitched/Nyaruko: Crawling with Love

lrn2gugl

bullshit!

Don't forget Sugar and Ian.
I ship Trigger x Crewniverse

Why is Ian white?

Delete this
Ian is white-kin and identifies as white on all levels but physical

>crewniverse
Keep your filthy Americans off my anime please.

Not a western animation parody but kill la kill did this.

This, the king of it.
WE DON"T TALK ABOUT THAT! WASTED TALENT!

>Wooow.

Too late faggot
youtube.com/watch?v=dHg50mdODFM

Okay i don't like shonen too much, in fact i call the genre Terribad Anime when bugging my brother, but this sounds like i might like it if if was made by a reverse weeb.
Do they have a term for fans of american media? Like a nipper bastardization of the word Retard? Leetatorro? Geeku? Faggoroo?

maybe you could find one in Sgt. Frog, but i don't remember any off the top of my head

>DSP watches an anime

>the only decently animated sequence from this shitty show was done by a Japanese animator
That's embarrassing.

We call them westaboos here. In Latin America, people who are into American media to weeaboo levels are a pitiyanki. In Japan, yankee / yanki are the people who part of street gangs than American media worship nerds.

These are all done by the same person/studio

The rest of the thread is live-action movies and stuff

Actual American animation is obscure as fuck in Japan aside from Disney movies

Beta uprising?

love it

Most golden age animation stuff isn't obscure in Japan, like Tom and Jerry and to a lesser extent Felix the Cat.

>Actual American animation is obscure as fuck in Japan aside from Disney movies

Not necessarily true. Stuff like Tom and Jerry has dedicated and brutal fans.

Isn't all of anime a parody of western animation?

Isn't AVGN big in Japan?

You mean Kojima?

Like actual street gangs or those idiots that dress like exaggerated greaser gangs from the 50s and have choreographed fights?

>Brutal
Oh yeah, I remember the great Droopy Riots of '86, I still can't believe 2 thousand people stormed the American embassy demanding Droopy and Yogi Bear reruns on TV Tokyo. At least the death toll was only 3 digits

That never happen.

It actually is pretty big

Are you saying you don't remember when the prime minister of Japan was killed by a fundamentalist Scooby Doo cult in the late 90s?

This isn't too surprising when you consider that Bewitched is actually what started the whole magical girl thing.

Actual street gangs.

youtube.com/watch?v=9EW9p3FT1LY

You know the greek hierachy theory was disproven within a year of being published and beta isn't even the worst category to apply to apes? Yeah, we got more then wolves, people who go on about alpha beta shit unironically go by some furry a long time ago's false understanding of the mind.
I'm just assumig a furry would be stupid and exitable enough to apply a dispoven theory's non-human chaper to humans.

That never happen.

why does japan love disney's version of alice in wonderland so much

What the fuck, they probably don't even get the jokes and just laugh at the loser screaming at their worst games.
I hope, for their sake they don't get the jokes.

Then the Japanese media must have covered it up, like when it turned out that the Vietnam War was orchestrated by a Japanese cartel that shipped bootleg Ghoul School VHS cassettes from Cambodia to the Japanese mainland through the Ho Chi Minh trail

What other version of Alice would they be exposed to? They made their own anime series, but Disney's is still the animated adaptation most plebs saw.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fushigi_no_Kuni_no_Alice

No, seek help

The Yu-Gi-Oh manga briefly showed a fictional western comic name Zombire, done in a style that seemed to be an attempt to parody western art styles, but that's not animation.

They see AVGN with giant Japanese style subtitles. So, they are probably either localized or translated as well as comedy anime does in fansub circles.

legendsoflocalization.com/avgn/

I read about one show called Carnival Phantasm that had a reference to Kenny's deaths from South Park, complete with "Oh My God!" and "You Bastards!" or the japanese equivalent

youtube.com/watch?v=0gKf7RtrUys

No dude, this is brilliant, let him speak
Tell us more *scootches*

Dude, don't deny the facts, even the South Korean president turned out to be controlled by a group of shamans created by Sony Entertainment to market the reboot of the Pink Panther coming out late 2017

You're delusional, seek help.

Excel Saga devoted a whole episode to mocking American animation.

>can take any form she wants
>chooses to have tiny tits

Damn shame.

So lots and lots of pausong to read the yellow explanation text on top unless you're fluent or in advance stages of learning?

>created by Sony Entertainment to market the reboot of the Pink Panther coming out late 2017
STOP LYING!

Lmao I didn't know "you aren't human" was the closest to "you bastard" they have, I wouldn't have been able to appreciate that scene, thanks.

The battle of Leyte Gulf occurred because of the Japanese giving their carrier's position away with local broadcasts of Fritz Freleng cartoons
It's true, also Warner Brothers orchestrated the Migrant Crisis to increase the target market of Pinky and the Brains' Arabian Nights Adventure in Europe, slated for a June 2017 release

No, I just want to listen to the delusions. You missed his (you)

No, you don'r, seek help.

Man 2017 is gonna kick ass!
Im going to go to facebook and tell all my firiends!

There's an episode of Excel Saga parodying American animation

i like seeing all the random merchandise with tom and jerry on them
kinda weird that it's so popular overseas tho

>Tom and Jerry talking
>Gets 'nam flashbacks

Fuck that goddamn movie.

ha thats great.

ps. its now my personal headcannon, Bewitched and Harry Potter exist in the same universe.

Shut the fuck up famicom

Take the red pill man, this shit goes way too far back. Bugs Bunny was not actually created by Warner Bros, it's actually a reboot of an Akkadian wall mural series called the Ubila Igi Akk Esentu, which followed the adventures of a Rabbit through the Sumerian cosmological pantheon, outwitting hunters.

It's not all good, because in November, Disney will set up a Trade Sanction on Thailand for producing Bootleg Mickey Mouse merchandise, which will lead to the cancellation of Alvin and the Chipmunks 4: Ain't Nothing Like a Good Nut

If anyone should seek help it's the one with no sense of humor, not a bad sense of humor.
I save getting asshurt for things that matter.

>which will lead to the cancellation of Alvin and the Chipmunks 4: Ain't Nothing Like a Good Nut

THANK FUCK.

But aren't they up to 5 or something?

It's an alternative universe reboot, where Alvin joins the IDF

Then we need to bomb whatever universe it came from.

Because HOLY SHIT is that franchise an abomination.

That was not from Famicom you stupid fucking retard.

Seek help.
STOP IT YOU STUPID FUCKING RETARD!
No, it's you.
Don't start, you are better then this.

Alvin and the Chipmunks was created by Franklin D Roosevelt after Pearl Harbor as a bioweapon in case the Japanese orchestrated a landing on the West Coast

Meh, I read swedish comics with them talk.
They suck.

No it was not.

Please stop.

Fucking why?

Tom and Jerry also talked in those books from the 50's and 60's.

Yeah, I'll save my hatred of it for a thread that isn't, well, this.

They look too happy together. Fucking Japan happy washing cartoon jerks.

Japan made them better though.

What is better?

Is NC?

Additionally, I think HotshotGG was in that episode as well.

Wake up man, you need to see the whole picture. You know how everyone can't distinguish between Berenstein and Berenstain bears? They think it's proof of parallel universes, but it actually goes much deeper than that. In the Old Testament before it got transcribed from Hebrew, Yahweh was the true God of the Israelites. But really, the Old Testament was copied from Sumerian and Mesopotamian cave sculptings depicting the creation of the Universe. The Hebrew scholars who found the wall in the late 4th millennium BC were known as Beren, Hathod and Sain. When the Old Testament was created, Beren and Stain disappeared from all recorded History, but Hathod created the Berensain cult around the worship of the old Mesopotamian gods. Modern renditions of the Cults history and association with bears corrupted the name to the modern Yiddish spelling of Berenstain, while other branches renamed it Berenstein. If you want proof, look at J R R Tolkien's work. When he was researching Sumerian linguistics, he used the name of the Scholar Beren as a character in the Silmarilllion.

For them to be friends and happy together

That is gay.

The new show agrees with me.

Tom does not seem to be enjoying it.

You do know the new Tom and Jerry is a Swiss scheme to sell mousetraps, right?

This always confused me as a kid.

The Bewitched cartoon looked way hotter than the actress. But the I Dream of Jeannie actress looked way hotter than the cartoon.

>being attracted to cartoons