Why does everyone on Sup Forums hate this show with a passion...

Why does everyone on Sup Forums hate this show with a passion? It's the biggest dissonance I've noticed between what is popular to normies and what is popular on Sup Forums. Most people I know have a ton of positive nostalgia for this show. Fucking Quailman is sort of still a sort of popular costume for college aged people. Yet the hate this nigga and his show receive on Sup Forums is on par with Caillou and that's saying something.

My guess is it stems from the Disney Version which wasn't as good.

Doug isn't really *bad*, it's just fairly bland and has nothing going for it other than muh "'90s kids remember." If it had come out a few years later absolutely nobody would see anything in it today and it would be remembered like My Dad the Rockstar or The Replacements.

because it premiered with ren & stimpy and rugrats

>Why does everyone on Sup Forums hate this show with a passion?
I think people just think it's dorky and mediocre, but don't "hate it with a passion."

Because it's a boring piece of crap. Every problem, EVERY FUCKING PROBLEM is just Doug over reacting to nothing until the problem resolves it's self through no action on his part.

Hey Arnold! was the same basic concept done much better (especially on the dramatic writing front) and more entertainingly
I actually didn't like either much as a kid but quite enjoy HA! now
Doug's appeal at this point is mostly nostalgia, weirdness, and aesthetic (it is very distinctly of its time), it's not a particularly good show

>Yet the hate this nigga and his show receive on Sup Forums is on par with Caillou
Maybe Sup Forums just hates baldies

let's see

Hey Arnold

>Added depth to it's characters and explored themes of loss, loneliness, feeling neglected, had a gay teacher, alcoholism
>The characters actually took action to resolve the issues presented to them which would regularly be more of a crisis than "How do we get Beet tickets or The sub teacher thinks Im a troublemaker

yeah, yeah. HA was a far more complex written show with actual dimension and story.

Doug reminds Sup Forums of themselves.
Awkward, things happen out of their control, and their lives just gets worse and worse.
The final straw that broke the camel's back was the recent thing with the creator and Patti as adults.

nah, it's just that doug's life is surprisingly more interesting mine was. For being a bland character, he got more shit accomplished than I ever did as a kid.

Sup Forums is more critical because we're more entrenched in the hobby than someone who isn't. It's like how I can go to nearly any half-decent film and enjoy it because I don't see many films, but someone who watches a lot of movies can tell that it's bad because they have a wider frame of reference.

Does anyone have the creator of Doug's cucked story?

The christmas special was pretty good

You remembered to send in the 20 dollars for your price, didn't you Sup Forums?

Post the pasta

>Fucking Quailman is sort of still a sort of popular costume for college aged people

I think you need to go back to shill camp. You're laying it on kind of thick there.

I've been looking for an animated episode of this with the original Nicktoons cast from the Nickelodeon cable launch. it was 1979, or close to it. Doug hadn't given birth to his younger sister Judy yet, but as we all know, he would within days of the episode. the games were green screen as was the style at the time. one was Sonic, that much I remember. there might have been a Resident Evil too, and of course Call of Duty.

Doug, as most celebrity guests were, was awful at the games. he constantly died and then would look at the camera and give a "Dear Journal" speech. somehow. he came in second to Ginger Foutley, which I was surprised to see considering she had killed herself a few years ago. beating a pregnant Doug was still an accomplishment, as Just was also given a controller and their scores counted together.

the animated Nick Arcades were hard to come by especially since most betamax players from that time were damaged in the nuclear war with the Soviet Union. still, I distinctly remember this episode and hope to see it again. I think Doug could have gotten more points in Sonic if he had used the spin dash.

I've been looking for an animated episode of Nick Arcade with the original Nicktoons cast from the Nickelodeon cable launch. it was 1979, or close to it. Doug hadn't given birth to his younger sister Judy yet, but as we all know, he would within days of the episode. the games were green screen as was the style at the time. one was Sonic, that much I remember. there might have been a Resident Evil too, and of course Call of Duty.

Doug, as most celebrity guests were, was awful at the games. he constantly died and then would look at the camera and give a "Dear Journal" speech. somehow. he came in second to Ginger Foutley, which I was surprised to see considering she had killed herself a few years ago. beating a pregnant Doug was still an accomplishment, as Judy was also given a controller and their scores counted together.

since he lost, he was deleted from the show. as in, completely deleted. it was like when a film strip catches on fire. I was scared that he would be deleted from his own show as well, but luckily there were different animators and he did not disappear from Doug like he did Nick Arcade. it was quite haunting though, and I can still hear his screams when I close my eyes.

the animated Nick Arcades were hard to come by especially since most betamax players from that time were damaged in the nuclear war with the Soviet Union. still, I distinctly remember this episode and hope to see it again. I think Doug could have gotten more points in Sonic if he had used the spin dash.

I Dub Thee: Arcadefag.

You are trying to make this pseudogreentext happen and it's not.

Fuck Off Arcadefag.

Pepper Ann was a more interesting take on Doug too

Are people serious when they accuse people of shilling like this? Like what would OP even be shilling about?

Doug reminds most awkward nerds of themselves. It's looking into a mirror and they don't like the reflection.

If Doug came out 15 years later he would totally be a redditor and make youtube videos about his life.

I don't know how Doug stands up now but I literally could not watch it as a kid. I tried a few times because I didn't like having to shut off the TV and so something else when it was on, but it was just so boring and unappetizing. Everything this show does another show does better.

There are a few things I like from the show.

You know that's exactly what they did when no one was around.

The Christmas episode was legit good, one of Nick's best and second to Hey Arnold.