Exactly how does Magneto's helmet stop psychic attacks? What kind of magical powers does it have?

Exactly how does Magneto's helmet stop psychic attacks? What kind of magical powers does it have?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/patents/US6506148
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was forged by Hephaestus specifically to do so, numb-nuts.

Originally it didn't. Magneto was just incredibly strong-willed.

damn is this true?

Tin foil liner

Strong willed enough that he could help Xavier breach the mental defences of Galactus back in Secret Wars.

it's made of vibramantium

It's made of telepathium, a metal which has the atoms atomically aligned to block mental signals.

This is why only magneto can make it, because he designed it after studying charles' telepathic ability at length.

10/10 made me google it

Is that Combo Man?

Is Scott's third mutation that he attracts all the telepaths? Either they want to bang him or they're related to him. And both.

There's a lot of ways you could justify that if you think that a telepath 'sees' the minds of the people around them and that impacts on their attractiveness. Scott's mind would show order and integrity but at a very base level would be different from any other human mind, even in basic perception.

So you're saying based rightclops is so right and based his mind gives telepaths mental boners? New headcanon accepted.

Which itself comes from his mutant power.

lots and lots of tinfoil if you ask nicely Sup Forums will teach you how to make one for yourself.

That tiara is pretty neat

The Avengers, Inhumans and SHIELD should probably mass produce those helmets and tiaras for the next time they fight the X-Men and their endless army of telepaths

>I draw the line at murder

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The answer is in who invented it.
Magneto can perceive all electromagnetic energies. It's his field of expertise.
And no matter how much they magic rules up how telepathy works, the brain works by single-cell neurons firing off small electrical signals in massive numbers across the grey-matter.
Presumably any Faraday cage made well enough could also block out external signals.
That must be what the helmet is on a basic level.
There's also a technology in-universe where electronic jamming devices on certain frequencies can disrupt telepathy.
Given that magnetized materials never lose their charge this could also be how the helmet works.
In any case, it's like the shrink ray, the teleportation device, the time machine, or the anti-gravity belt: comicbook rules apply. Just go with it.

Magneto can block telepathy with his magnetic powers, but why put forth that effort 24/7 when you can put on an iconic hat and focus on other stuff?

The same way Sup Forums's tin foil hat keeps out the gay jewish mind control waves hidden in tv programs and web ads.

He also had psychic powers like astral projection. He was originally like the most powerful psychic next to charlie boy.

>telepathium
i laughed

How the times have changed

Scott has super strategy brain or something.

Its the reason his punch beams dont blow off his own head. Its the reason he can target then perfectly.

Scotty has really nice thoughts. All the time.
They used to write really corny good-guy thought-bubbles for him and somewhere along the line that became a weird trait of his mind.
Also his brain is just more pleasant to mind-read in than anyone else's. "Cozy" to them.
Then there's the unique brainwaves of his that Emma mentions in the Morrison run, I guess that means his mind is also pretty to telepaths.

Even after that, he still is strong willed af.

His mind is a nice joint.
I mean even check out his fapbank. It's a classy joint, this is what he thinks about when he jerks off. Women conversating and shit.

my best friends mum got a stunning red Buick LaCrosse Sedan from only workin parttime on a pc. read this,,-..-,,-..-,,-..-.,.-,.,,.,-//who-boss.com

I don't why but I always crack up reading this stuff when it shows up on 4chinz

There was a comic where the Cuckoos explain it. When he looks at a situation he immediately wants to take charge and that makes it easier for them for some reason. Also they're attracted to the way he thinks about things. For some reason the page featured a dinosaur and him thinking about ways to defeat it. (LOL Don't ask me.)

Is that why they were always following Rightclops around eagerly and obediently waiting for his orders?

Yeah. It's just pleasant to them.

I saw those issues.
Emma's fapbank was far more LOL worthy.

Yeah, but you're implying Cyke only has one.

Remember Wolverine's? He has Squirrel Girl in it. I would love to have seen Jean walk in on that.

>As if Wolverine could even get it in the hole.

A Squirrel's cheeks can stretch to absurd lengths to accommodate as many nuts as needed.

>Whaaaaaaa?!

More like you draw the line at murdering Xavier, right, you manlet piece of shit?

It's lined with aluminum foil

So that he can magnetically block telepath instinctively when the helmet broke?

>He was originally like the most powerful psychic next to charlie boy.
For some reason I assumed at first that you weren't talking about Xavier, but some obscure and forgotten Golden Age character with bullshit powers that would make Silver Age Superman shit a brick.

>Also his brain is just more pleasant to mind-read in than anyone else's. "Cozy" to them.
that was before they turned him into a nervous wreck constantly on the verge of a breakdown.
Essentially, the way he appeared on the outside, as a "boring" boyscout with no strong emotions one way or the other was the way he was inside, which made his mind very relaxing and calming for a telepath.
Imagine you're in a series of rooms where everyone is yellinng, laughig, singing, screaming, ranting, generally being loud and confusing ,then you fin this room wheerr this guy is sitting quietly doing crosswords.And you can relax a bit.And maybe have a nice converstation.

He also trained with Chuck, so he developed mind shielding even further than the basics.

For the record, Xavier can get through when he goes in full mind-murder mode.

I don't even recall him relying on the helmet, only in the movie and the ultimate version, which don't count.

Hey- Damn that's clever.

you bastards can't just say this shit and not post it

google.com/patents/US6506148

What was his second mutation?

>open thread
>search for Faraday cage
>there's someone that posted it
Well, I'm happy that there's at least one guy who reached that conclusion.

AvX have his helmet being the thing shielding him from Sinister's Madelyn clones but the helmet broke, leading to his defeat.

I was more thinking about the mental adaptations he has from his eyebeams but sure, go with that.

This hits me right in the kink.

It was always my head cannon that it was just something he kind of stole and reshaped from Juggernaut.

>AvX
The Mr Sinister part was written by who, again? Fraction?

>For some reason the page featured a dinosaur and him thinking about ways to defeat it. (LOL Don't ask me.)

The Savage Land, of course.

Since we're talking about Cyke, what ever happened to him being able to control his eye blasts? Did that go away when he became Phoenix?

What issue?

Gillen

Ah, cool. Wonder if he just didn't make his homework.

More like neurotic and repressed, but essentially yeah. His brain is sexy.

He had that for one arc in Whedon's Astonishing back in the mid 00's. It kinda breaks the character. He's not Cyclops if he doesn't need the visor/mask all the time.