PUT YOUR FAITH IN WHAT YOU MOST BELIEVE IN

PUT YOUR FAITH IN WHAT YOU MOST BELIEVE IN

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3-seKkTsCeE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The gay agenda

Tarzan is Disney's best film. It has the best music, best girl and most interesting story.

TWO WORLDS

ONE FAMILY

Were they part of a research expedition to Africa?

Why were they riding in a wooden boat when we see a steam boat at the end?

Damn those attractive genes.

You take the little boat to get the big boat because the coastline is too shallow

(guy)

I meant why was the big boat a large sail boat when we see a more modern ship at the end?

Jane's underrated as far as Disney heroines go.

PUT YOUR FAITH IN ME AND I'LL SHOW YOU

>tfw Tarzan and Brother Bear were the last good soundtracks by Disney

Yep, just rewatched it last night on blu-ray, and shit is so cash. People who give Collins shit for the soundtrack are either salty Genesistards or just dislike optimism as a concept; not to mention Mancina's orchestral score is nothing short of magnificent. Animation is among the best 2D material Disney has accomplished, and it's effective in its simplicity story-wise. Obviously adapting a tale like this will invite criticisms of it being cliché or boring, but they do try to supplement this by spending more time with Tarzan's longing for Kerchak's acceptance, as well as the general comedic tone throughout a good portion of the first and second acts. Granted, it's kind of railroad-y in terms of pacing, and Trashin' the Camp makes zero sense plot-wise, but realistically speaking it's at least a 7/10, but I could probably go higher the more I watch it and just come to accept the flaws it has.

also, pic related makes my heart melt every time

These two were pretty badass, not gonna lie.

watched Brother Bear not too long after I came to love Tarzan because of Collins' involvement and found it to be trash. copypasting a brief write-up i did about it on another site:

>Wasted Potential: The Movie

>This is way, wayyy too short. What might be otherwise fairly impactful drama (by family film standards) and a grand sense of adventure is horribly condensed and relieved of weight so as to ensure they don't exceed 90 minutes. For you see, children don't like to be bored by sappy, icky drama that might make them care for these characters just a little more, because what they really need is more of those comic relief mooses that completely kill the tone of whatever scene they happen to follow. Like seriously, all it would take is an extra half hour. That's it. That's all you'd need to (among other things) develop Koda and Kenai's relationship, think of a climax that doesn't last five fucking minutes, and maybe even give a sense of scale to the proceedings while you're at it.

>And for the love of god, you just had to go and ruin the one moment of the film that might make us genuinely feel for Koda's situation when he gets told by Kenai about how his mother died with that Phil Collins number. Look, I won't deny it's a nice song, but the placement of it is intrusive, it doesn't fit the tone, it's awkwardly introduced. Honestly, people who say this movie goes to shit the moment he turns into a bear get ahead of themselves, because this, this one crucial scene is the exact moment the whole film topples off a cliff and completely kills whatever tension there may have been for us to latch onto. Oh yeah, and this happens fifteen minutes before the film ends.

>God, what a mess. Animation and music that's this good should by no means be accompanying a film that's this content with fucking itself over to make sure five-year-olds aren't bored. That's what TV is for.

>The two of them made a full-scale high quality house in the treetops in a dangerous jungle with minimal salvage while also taking care of an infant
Tarzan's parents deserved to be the real rulers of that damn jungle.

Weren't they related to frozens movie parents in some way or something? I remember reading some retarded plot theory about it.

Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
And hold it tight
I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry
For one so small,
You seem so strong
My arms will hold you,
Keep you safe and warm
This bond between us
Can't be broken
I will be here
Don't you cry

>Come stop your crying
>It will be alright
it's a shame I wasn't shitposting when Jimmies was still a thing or I'd spam the fuck out of that alongside pic related

Did you really have to save your blobpost regarding the most universally hated disney movie in the canon?

Building a shelter is important in a shipwreck scenario but a fucking two story treehouse?

I liked the music, but yeah, in retrospect having it during the climactic reveal really overshadowed the impact it could have had.

Why just live when you can live big?

There's survival, then there's living

Ever heard of Swiss Family Robinson?

beat me to it

To discretely date the movie

OOH THE POWER TO BE STRONG
AND THE WISDOM TO BE WISE
ALL THESE THINGS WILL COME TO YOU IN TIME

WHATEVER YOU DO

Speaking as a fan of both Phil Collins and Genesis, prog and pop, the Tarzan soundtrack is probably his best total work in the 90s. Lyrically perhaps not quite as thoughtful as Both Sides, and musically not as challenging as some tracks from We Can't Dance, his appreciation for Disney nonetheless seemed to spur him to make some high quality material. Not a bad song to be found here.

We Can't Dance is the only good Genesis album. Seriously White Mountain is the only good song they had before that. And I love prog rock.

You're talkin a dangerous game, user. We Can't Dance is only half great - suffers from bloated CD syndrome. That's why Tarzan takes the prize of the decade imo.

So you can reserve resources to build fortifications against Leopards.

I WANNA KNOW

TRUST YOUR HEART
LET FATE DECIIIIDE
TO GUIDE THESE LIGHTS
TO GUIDE THESE LIGHTS WE SEEEEEEE!

This song pumps me up on the level of Zero to Hero. Both are great heroic Disney songs that let the hero show off how badass he is.

EVERY MOMENT NOW THE BOND GROWS STRONGER

Tarzan's dad is giving me some serious facial hair envy.

>I hope we don't get eaten be a leopard and leave our orphan infant son to be raised as a jungle dwelling savage by a bunch of gorillas

WHO PUT THE GLAD IN GLADIATOR

>the most universally hated disney movie in the canon
Was it really that bad? I thought something like Home on the Range or Chicken Little would be ranked on the bottom.

Brother Bear actually has a deleted scene that shows what Kenai said to Koda, but I didn't mind his story being left up to the viewer's interpretation.
youtube.com/watch?v=3-seKkTsCeE

>those eyes
ShamefulBoner.jpg

Definitely not. It's right there in the middle.

Why doesn't Tarzan grow a mustache?

CAN YOU SHOW ME

Because he's a protagonist. Only villains, father figures and wacky side characters have facial hair in Disney movies.

What's up with those fuck_me eyes.

So, if character has facial hair and becomes a father figure, does that mean that he was wacky side character first and got promoted to father figure?

Yup, unless he turns evil.

Being wacky character then ensures you'll get laid.

Not always, some wacky characters never become father figures.

you're no son of miiine

I'VE BEEN STARING AT THE EDGE OF THE WATER

A distinct lack of apple cider vinegar in the jungle

>implying Home on the Range wasn't a bigger waste of animation
>implying Chicken Little wasn't even more desperate for the kiddies' attention

LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER,
NEVER REALLY KNOWING WHY

(for real tho, not the right thread for this user)

SON OF MAN

This movie would have been better as a full rock opera of the soundtrack.

The comedy ruins many scenes.

The dick?

So much this. I rewatch so many Disney movies to be disappointed, (they ain't bad just not as good as pop culture tries to make me remember,) but Tarzan is fucking choice.

I WANNA KNOW BOUT THESE STRANGERS LIKE ME.

So the Broadway Cast Recording, then?

Yeah.

Seriously, fuck all of the comedy.
The music carries a great tone that collapses with every joke.

LOOK TO THE SKY

I want a movie about Tarzan's badass parents and how they managed to build a full-scale house in a dangerous jungle while taking care of their infant son. It would have a twist of ironic tradegy because the viewer knows they are going to die in the end. It'd be called "Mr & Mrs Greystroke"

The look Tarzan's mom and dad give each other right after the dad climb's into the boat is so perfect. Just love and relief all summed up into to look.

How about a half-half sequel of Tarzan having to go back to England to put his parents' legacy in order as Lord Greystoke. And then it would be interspersed with his folks on the island trying to make it in the jungle (paralleling his own trying to make it in industrial London).

>Female gorillas lusted after Tarzan because literally biggest dick around
Really, Disney?

Put your faith in matters of fact and reason...and magic marbles. Magic MARBLES!

>Put your faith in what you most believe in
What... does that mean? If you already believe in something, why do you need faith too? HOW do you put additional faith in it? What is it Tarzan most believes in - two worlds, one family? How is he supposed to put faith in that concept? What do these lyrics even mean???

Is there a name for that sort of facial hair?

>sjw's complain about a white man being king of the jungle, how tarzan is colonialist and therefore bad

So I assume social equity would be reached if Tarzan was portrayed as a black man, or a man of color, right? That wouldn't cause any controversy.

>SON OF MAN A MAN IN TIME YOU'LL BE

Don't put much thought into these lyrics

You're right of course, but ironically those lyrics I think are pretty straightforward. Tarzan, a human outcast among apes, will develop and use his human drive and ingenuity to become a fully fledged adult, member of the apes, and man.

LIFT YOUR SPIRIT

I like the way you think user. Good analysis.

Well that's a short I never imagined anyone has seen.

>OH THE POWER TO BE STONG AND THE WISDOM TO BE WISE
Ouch

PHIL COLLINS IS A MAD MAN

Tigtone is the best. They're making a pilot for Adult Swim right now, actually.

To put it in perspective, Darwin's Voyage on the Beagle was in 1836, which was a typical sailing ship that you imagine a la Master and Commander

The first ocean bound steam ship was in the early 1800's. Given that it was almost 20 years between the beginning of Tarzan and end of Tarzan, it would make sense to see more commercial steamships.