How many issues does Champions have left before its cancelled? How will people remember this book in 10 years...

How many issues does Champions have left before its cancelled? How will people remember this book in 10 years? Will any of these characters still exist at that point?

First issue sold in 400k copies, user. It's here to stay.

Kamala will be Captain Marvel, and on the main Avengers team. I think Nova will be the sidekick of some other nova in cop buddy style. Cho will be on his next Rick Jones shtick. Cyclops will be fucking up his timeline even further, possibly sent to the future to protect Cable, and Miles will be given his own name for the sake of the action figures. Possibly Kid Arachnid.

>how many issues
until Marvel remembers that they need to write good books
>who will remember this
nobody
>will these characters still exist
DON'T YOU BE TALKING SHIT ABOUT MAI WAIFU KAMALA AND SAM AND LITTLE VIV

Ultimate Spider-Man is over so Miles won't be in the cartoons anymore. They wont change it

It probably wont drop below 40k, so not until they do another relaunch or if they break up the team.

>Sold 400k copies

No. It shipped that many copies through Scholastic deals, tons of variants, giving away free books, and a bunch of other scammy shit.

Can't say how long its gonna last

Mostly Marlel is acting like its comics are some sort of research lab, trying to find the perfect balance between appeasing sjws while selling reasonably. Also trying to test out new movie ideas. I'd say the company will sober up in 10 years

>implying Marvel will last that long

Reminder that Marvel kept bankrupting themselves once a decade before the buyout. Disney isn't going to put up with that shit.

I, personally, can't wait for the next issue. It's so badly written that it becomes a study of human mind. It's captivating to see such lack of self-awareness in a writer.

But Mark Waid is so full of ideas. He says Clark Kent should grow up in a more rural area so he can meet and fall in love with people of color. Because it is a myth that rural America represents American values.

I want Champions to last until they make a BLM issue or a Not-my-president whine.

I don't think Cho-Hulk will stay thet long..I don't hate him, but I just can't see it..

>rural
Don't you mean urban? Didn't Waid say he wanted Lil' Clark off the farm and in a city?

Champions as a concept really isn't that bad. I personally love the idea of Marvel doing its own Teen Titans-like young superhero team and one that doesn't have Avengers or X in its name. The problem is the writing (though the art isn't that pleasant to look at either). If it had a better writer than Waid, it really wouldn't be that bad.

Who knows what the future of Champions? I think its supposed to run for 20 or so issues. After that, who knows? Maybe we'll see the team again, hopefully written under a better writer.

I wouldn't mind Marvel creating another young hero team, since Champions is sort of limited in the members it can allow on the team, with them being no-killing goody two–shoes. So what I would think would be cool is creating another team for the darker and more violent characters, like Robbie Reyes and Mania. Admittedly I'm coming up short on what characters would be on such a team besides those two. All-New Wolverine would probably also fit on it. If you have any suggestions on who else could be on the team, please do tell.

What happened to the other team called Champions? Those guys from the Contest of Champions? I mean, they brought Ares back to life and nobody seems to give shit.

Are the actual sales numbers for the second issue out yet? I want to know just how of a drop there was

I think they could keep Marvel alive just because it would look bad at the eyes of the public if Marvel goes bankrupt again, but i don't think they're going to do anything to change the comics they probably give a fuck

Kamala, Miles, and Sam are characters they've been pushing for forever now with varing degrees of success, and Viv was apart of a book that was the most critically acclaimed book from marvel in a while.
It's not going anywhere.

How bad was the drop from issue 1 to 2?

Nothing on Comichron yet.

>or a Not-my-president whine

I'm expecting that by issue 4 from Waid the Super Cuck

There must be news out by now.
Unless they use the same cheap tricks to boost sales and delude themselves into thinking their book sells.
But would Scholastics sell their second issue after the first one? I mean, it must be obvious to them by now that this book offers nothing but bad examples to students.

aren't they giving free comics everywhere so their sales boost and do some makeup magic on them?

Yeah they are. Stores are having a huge problem even giving them away

They are giving #3 out for free

I'm expecting/hoping Chulk to go for another year or two, just so that he can have a proper, complete story/character arc.
Then he can have a separate ongoing about "Amadeus Cho: Mastermind!" that'll get cancelled after six issues.
>So what I would think would be cool is creating another team for the darker and more violent characters, like Robbie Reyes and Mania. Admittedly I'm coming up short on what characters would be on such a team besides those two.
Nico Minoru and Blade's daughter as the All-New Midnight Sons.
I don't think they're doing it for Champions. And not all of the ones they're giving away extras of are doing terribly; some they just want to look like they're doing better than DC.

LOL

I wish I was a fly on the next marvel x-mas party.

What do they hope to achieve by giving them for free? That after one free issue, people will buy the next?
Don't they see that then, everyone will see it's shit and say thank fuck I didn't spend my money on it?

I can't stand the different-timeline-in-main-timeline characters, if they wanted a young Cyclops they should have used a clone.
But this is just my problem

Of course Miles would be around. Someone needs to be the love interest for all their white teenage heroines, after all

The bad thing is that the sales charts count what was shipped, not hat was necessarily ordered. So Marvel will have the illusion of sales. Marvel will be in denial until their next crash

>Blade's daughter

I remember a Blade series starring her being announced a long time ago and then nothing came of it.

>Cyclops will be fucking up his timeline even further, possibly sent to the future to protect Cable
>tfw when my dad is way younger than me

>What do they hope to achieve by giving them for free?

boost sales numbers and claim they did well

Scholastics has sales like twice a year. They wouldn't get the second issue even if it was a masterpiece.

Bendis veto

>not liking Nate
r-ree

It was supposed to be by King and fell through when he left for DC.

Unless Schoolastic buys every issue I highly doubt that

No?!?!?!?!?!
It was Seeley.

Marvel doesn't have Christmas parties. Ike thinks they're a needless expense.

>How will people remember this book in 10 years?
They won't remember it.

They have Winter Season Tolerance Parties instead.

The fuck? Seriously? But they know it, that they didn't do well. Are they trying to fool themselves?

I can't tell them apart honestly.

They have Christmas parties. Just without food and people have to bring their own cups if they want a drink.

Nah, Ike the Kike doesn't give a fuck about social justice. He's pure greed.

If it was like that, wouldn't he kick out all those SJW writers who would rather sacrifice sales just to propagandize their liberal drivel?

>tfw I honestly really like this team lineup

I just wish it wasn't Waid

>not wanting Champions to be #WOKE

Maybe Ewing will use them.

I don't like anyone on the roster and hate a few of them.
So, I was pleased when this turned out to be shit.

But user... it was the best-selling comic of October!

And it has Spider-Man of new generation!

I don't think Cho fits unless he's filling the "more experienced mentor" role, and Viv is a bizarre one because she's never been a superhero before it.
And I can't bring myself to care about any of the O5.
But Kamala, Sam and Miles do have a decent dynamic; it's just that Waid's handling of them got infinitely worse when they moved from Avengers to Champions.

NEGE

>How many issues does Champions have left before its cancelled

As soon as Marvel gets their heads out of the ass.

> How will people remember this book in 10 years?

Poorly.

>Will any of these characters still exist at that point?

Kamala has the biggest shot, everyone else is destined to fade into obscurity.

I think Bendis has the connections he needs at Marvel to make sure Miles stays around for a very long time. Plus, there's some following to him
The other 4 are fucked. I don't think any of them will make it to the next decade.

It makes me wonder why they put Viv on the team in the first place. Was it because they needed a teen Vision to go along with their Teen Hulk and Teen Captain Marvel and Teen Spider-Man and Teen Star-Lord and Teen X-Man?

To give one last FUCK YOU to King.

It's because King suggested it, bizarrely.

Is that true, or is that just the cover story?

Is that true, or is that just the cover story?

Kamala's going to survive, and even if she fades into obscurity she'll inevitably be brought back by someone in a decade or so like Monica Rambeau was.
Sam's probably doomed to fade into obscurity and then die to highlight The Stakes in an event, but we might get some fun stories about him and Rich being a space family before then.
Amadeus is sticking around, even though he won't stay the Hulk. He's been a fairly consistent presence since World War Hulk, so even if he ends up fading out he'll probably keep a Rick Jones level of presence.
I think people are just going to straight up forget that Vision even has a daughter, or assume that she died in some comic they didn't read.

>How will people remember this book in 10 years?
Kind of like we remember this

But user, the Titans have two ongoings nowadays.

Not because of the original Teen Titans run, mind you. Because of the 80s Wolfman run and the 00s cartoon.

Why do they have all new heros but Lil' Cyclops? Why is he on the team instead of a new guy?

I doubt they'll kill Sam since he's loeb's dead son insert

What new guy?
Waid is O5fag.

I don't think Loeb can save him from obscurity. A cheap death for lame emotional affect in an event is all he's good for now.

>wet and wild
wew
e
w

Does Loeb even have any power outside TV?
And I'm talking, like, 5-10 years after they give up on him.

No, it's "waw".

Waw works, too.

I want Viv to join Wanda on magic adventures which don't involve parental retcons.

I think everybody's sympathy for that has about worn off

Wait what?

Sam Alexander Loeb. Wrote, like, two shitty comics and then he died. Loeb saw that they'd just killed off Dickrider so he made Sam Alexander as a tribute.

>Loeb's son, Sam, died on June 17, 2005 at the age of 17, after a three-year battle with bone cancer.

Jesus. That sounds horrible. Like, cancer in general is horrible but bone cancer sounds really bad. Poor kid.

>Wrote, like, two shitty comics and then he died

To be fair he died when he was 17 so he was either that age or younger when he wrote them. Not trying to tell you they're not shitty. Just saying.

This what I don't get about Champions. It is supposed to be a group of teenage superheroes feeling sick and tired of the typical crap of the more senior teams.

So why did it choose the line up that it did? I'd have chosen members of the New X-Men like Hellion and Surge, along with some of the more messed up Young Avengers like Patriot and members of the Avengers Academy or Initiative to be on the team.

They have real reason to feel angry at the current system. I mean they have seen their friends die, been crippled, had their lives ruined and so on by the current teams.

This team and their reasons for joining feel a bit cheap. It just feels like Waid has just said 'who are some young characters who have books this year? Oh, here are some, lets just slap them onto a book, even though they really don't have any sort of connection or common motivations'.

It just feels really cheap and lazy. Which is probably even worse than the writing.

It looks good on paper for investors and upper management

Ike and his wife raised a million dollars for Trump's campaign. Take that as you will.

Yep

Marvel hates Patriot for some reason.

I really expected him to be the next Cap, not Sam Wilson

Why do they hate the best generation of heroes? Seriously, I don't get it. The Young Avengers, Runaway and New X-Men were top-tier generations. Why wouldn't they use them?

>I wouldn't mind Marvel creating another young hero team, since Champions is sort of limited in the members it can allow on the team, with them being no-killing goody two–shoes. So what I would think would be cool is creating another team for the darker and more violent characters, like Robbie Reyes and Mania. Admittedly I'm coming up short on what characters would be on such a team besides those two. All-New Wolverine would probably also fit on it. If you have any suggestions on who else could be on the team, please do tell.

These two.

Aracely is cheerful, yes, but she is also the reincarnation of a being of War and other very bloody things and a lot of dark themes can be done with her, her powers and her backstory. Even, or preferable, if she remains somewhat optimistic despite all that (fun fact: Aztecs loved life even if they knew everything would end horribly wrong and nothing they did would endure).

Kaine is... Kaine. He's already an angry, fun, darker Spider-man.

300k of that 400k was bought by scholastic. This book was dead before it was even born.

Okay so this thread is surprisingly still going so and another person replied to me so might as well respond.

I've never read Runaways so I didn't know about Nico Manarou but after looking her up she seems pretty cool. I guess I'd include her on the team. I don't know about including Blade's daughter, considering she hasn't even appeared in a single comic yet. I already knew about Kaine and Aracely. I didn't mention them because I was trying to go for more younger heroes.

Now what do you think the team should be called? I have the name "Thrashers" in mind. I think it has a cool and edgy (In a good way I guess?) vibe to it. On the other hand it also sounds kind of dumb.

Oh...oh fuck. I didn't know Midnight Sons was a team. I just assumed it was a pair of Blade and some other character so I didn't bother looking it up. So yeah, sorry about that. Anyways I guess that name would be fitting. Still though what do you think of Thrashers?