F4

How would you make a good Fantastic Four movie without giving the rights back to Marvel ?

Kill yourself Fox. Give the rights back to Marvel. Just ask for a couple billion. Recoup all your loses in one fell swoop. It's a dead franchise at this point.

Pixar like tone, fun and fancy free family exploring the cosmos through science and mysticism, with the kids and extended cast

Pic related as Reed Richards

You don't.

Does "good" have to include "successful"? Because I don't think that's possible at this point.

They tried. Ike refused the pitiful price they asked on the basis that they'd revert eventually anyway.

Take the first volume of Ultimate Fantastic Four.

Then film it.

Live action Incredibles.
What do I win?

The only way to make a good Fantastic Four movie is to make a good Dr. Doom. Magic, doombots, Latveria and all.

Make it a hard sci-fi adventure movie with no final boss and no traditional super-heroing.

The conflict is something like "Reed was working on experiments in the negative zone, sci-fi shit happened, and they're all stranded. Now they have to do science stuff and work out a way to get back". Basically do a classic Star Trek style story but with the F4.

And no origin story.

Doesn't matter. I could write a script where every time you read it money just falls from the ceiling and contains a functional and scientifically accurate cure for cancer, but Fox would find a way to fuck it up by sticking their dick in it.

As long as they think that they have a better idea of what comic book fans want than the fans themselves do, they will continue to produce a shit product.

I dont like to wish death on people but I cant wait until that old fuck dies. Why cant 2016 just take him already?

We did this and the results were underwhelming.

>And no origin story.

Unfortunately, Trank fucked us on that.

Tranktastic 4 gave us a completely different origin story than the previous F4 movies. That means that, unlike Batman and Superman who have had their origin stories done and redone more than enough times for the general public to know them, the Fantastic 4 doesn't have that sturdy foundation.

There is a legitimate problem that Trank invented for us that casual audiences might not know that Fantastic 4 origin anymore. Or rather, not know which one is 'canon' for you until you spell it out.

I for one don't want to watch h a movie about that planet of assholes.

>Victor Von Doom is a scientist and astronaut working for the Russians on experimental space weapons
>In this version of the story Latveria is part of the Communist Eastern Bloc and has suffered greatly under Russian occupation; Doom, seeing himself as a voice of the people, attempted to stir revolution against the Russians but was caught and sent to Siberia; here Victor is recruited by the Soviet Space Program knowing of his genius, to earn his freedom and ensure the safety of the people of Latveria (essentially becoming a slave to the Soviets)
>The Americans, actually ahead of the Russians, send Reed, Sue, Ben, and Johnny (all working in some form for NASA) on a rocket to Mars
Learning of the American’s plans, the Russians send their own team (including Doom) to Mars in an experimental (and possibly unsafe) rocket that Doom designed (Doom says the rocket isn’t ready but the Russians use it anyway)
>On route cosmic rays bombard the Russian ship, heavily damaging the Russian’s and sending it spiraling back to Earth
>Reed, Sue, Ben, and Johnny all make it to Mars and plant the American flag in the red martian soil, collect samples, etc... before making their way back to Earth
>On their way back they too are hit by cosmic rays but manage to successfully land
>The Russian rocket is retrieved by the Russians with Doom being the only survivor (who is horribly scarred)
>Meanwhile the four’s powers begin to manifest and are placed under quarantine; news of their successful mission has been revealed to the public and the media dub the four “The Fantastic Four”

>Reed has the power of elasticity (gaining it from the rocket’s experimental lightweight rubber polymer), Sue gains the power of invisibility (from the rocket’s stealth functions), Johnny gains fire powers (from bonding with solar flare particles), and Ben becomes rock-like (from bonding with samples of Mars’ soil)
>Back in Russia the Soviets see the American’s success as a huge embarrassment to themselves and lay the blame on Doom; as punishment Doom’s village is massacred while Doom is put back into prison
>The Fantastic Four begin training to control their powers; Reed is guilt ridden for what happened to his friends and is worried they may never lead public lives ever again - especially Ben
>The military wants to use the Fantastic Four as propaganda pieces and embrace their media popularity; they do so by revealing the team’s abilities to the public and calling them the first REAL American superheroes; this angers the team who still see themselves as freaks
>In his prison cell, Doom’s powers manifest (various forms of “cosmic energy projection”) and he escapes (killing nearly every guard and soldier)
Doom flees to Latveria and discovers his village and family massacred; he retreats to his ancestor's castle where he finds a suit of armor and cloak which he fashions into new attire and wears it to cover his scarred body and face; it is here that Doom learns of the “Fantastic Four” and stews in anger and jealousy
>Apprehensively the Fantastic Four make their first public appearances in person (they are given costumes to wear - all part of the propaganda angle); to their surprise the four are welcomed by the public and begin to feel more at ease with their powers and new identities (Ben in particular is loved by children)

That was in no way the same thing as what I suggested, it wanted to be an action movie and it had that weird monsterface final boss man.

>Soviet soldiers are sent into Latveria to retrieve Doom; the USSR know of his powers and wan’t to use him as their own propaganda piece and weapon; Doom kills the soldiers and decides to take action - never again will he or his people be used in such terrible ways
>Doom returns to Russia where he holds General Secretary Brezhnev hostage and assumes control of the Russian military and nuclear weapons; Doom activates the space weapons program known - a satellite with a cosmic control rod that collects cosmic rays and channels them in a form of a ray which Doom plans to use to literally carve the world in his image
>The Americans learn of what has happened in Russia and send the Fantastic Four to stop Doom before he activates it
>The Fantastic Four and Doom battle as the weapon begins to wipe away portions of the United States and Russia landscapes as it moves towards major cities
>Working as a team, and with great struggle, the Four incapacitate Doom and shut it down
>The US government (in contact with the Four) order the Four to move control of the weapon to the military team; the Four refuse and opt to destroy it, believing no government should wield that type of power
>During this Doom escapes
>Sometime later the Fantastic Four have separated from the US Government, agreeing to look out for the interests of the globe and not just the United States; because of how loved they are by the public the US agrees and as a peace offering allow the Four to take up residence in New York City’s historic Baxter Building
>Alarms go off in the Baxter building as subterranean seismic activity begins to rattle New York and reports of a a giant three-headed monster emerging from the ground pour in; the four suit up and get to work
>Doom meanwhile has fled back to Latveria where he has started to gain a loyal following; Doom declares himself “absolute monarch of Latveria” and works towards inciting further revolution in the region

Disney gave 4 billion for Star Wars, you really think they'd give billions for the F4?

The franchise is so thoroughly raped that even 100 million would be too much.

Yeah this could work. Like maybe they get stranded on some planet in the Negative Zone that's under siege by Anniluhs and they have to save the inhabitants if they want to get back home.

Harlan Ellison writing.
Darren Aronofsky directing.

Reed - Forest Whitaker
Sue - Winona Ryder
Johnny - Elijah Wood
Ben - Clancey Brown
Vic - Javier Bardem
Kang - Viggo Mortensen

Make it the darkest, bleakest mindfuck humanly possible. I want people jumping out of windows after the film gives them an existential crisis.

So Stargate?

I liked Stargate.

Is there like a list of which F4 related characters FOX own?

>Basically do a classic Star Trek style story but with the F4.
We can't even get a Star Trek movie with a classic Star Trek story.

>Reed has the power of elasticity (gaining it from the rocket’s experimental lightweight rubber polymer), Sue gains the power of invisibility (from the rocket’s stealth functions), Johnny gains fire powers (from bonding with solar flare particles), and Ben becomes rock-like (from bonding with samples of Mars’ soil)

Eh just have some cosmic relic/experiment they uncover on Mars, some leftover from the Celestials/Inhumans/some cosmic faction they have rights to (or can trade for) and have it be based on the 4 elements, since the FF's powers are basically the 4 elements anyway.

And drop the whole Cosmic Rays thing altogether. Purists will REEEEE but fuck them.

This. It has negative value at this point. Fox lost money on the last effort.

You cant. Shity heroes get a shitty movie.

Go full Stargate and make the villain Rama-Tut.

>Whitebread genius/talented family goes into space and has sci-fi adventurers.

It's exactly what you suggested thematically, minus sooper-powers.

I liked Lost in Space

You need the sjw factor to save it. Only one main black was not enough.

>Egyptian
>white male

[literally shaking intensifies]

There are always people who like whatever, the studio that made that film would have like for it to have made some money.

Turn it into a period piece that takes place during the 60s ala X-men first class.
Fantastic Four is all about the 1950s nuclear family mixed with the fantasies born of the space race.

Shit, I thought I was the only one who liked that movie.

Fox we know it's you. Just stop it. No more origin stories. No more trying to ground the F4. We want fantastical Stargate/Star Trek shit. Fucking get Jonathan Hickman to oversee the production.

That would actually work best if they were to appear in the MCU. It would explain why they weren't around in the present day events.

Beyond was pretty close, but you're not wrong.

>Jew Line Studios
Welp, we'll never know if it made money or not then.

Are you implying that Marvel doesn't do origin stories and that if they got the rights back that they wouldn't do one?

Period piece like Cap 1. The FF belong in the early-60s space race with Reed and the gang as the first humans to reach space. Simply never bring them into modern times.

(or show that a Future Foundation exists in the current timeframe with the children and students of the original 4. but the original Fantastic Four stay in the 60s)

Early morning Johnny and Ben are horsing around Ben sits down turns on the TV and you get a news story talking about the anniversary of the shuttle accident. Don't spend too much time on it just enough to make it clear that's what happened and to establish that the 4 are recognized as heroes

They didn't do it with Spider-Man, so yeah.

But not explain why there has been no mention of them

Marvel knows when a property is too worn out to manage an origin story, that's why we're not getting one in Homecoming.

If Marvel did it, it would be good.

If they got the F4 back they would go the way of Spider Man and Hulk.

>If Marvel did it, it would be good.
You fucking Mouseketeers will eat up any garbage.

all you comic fans complain about origin stories but these movies Are Not For You. You're a negligible drop of water in the moviegoer bucket, and the casuals want origin stories.

Besides, you complain about it but you're the first person to pre-order tickets to go see BvS *knowing* it was going to be yet another origin story, and a fucking hack Snyder origin story at that.

There is a reason the studios do not listen to you.

>glossed over Origin story in Incredible Hulk (Yeah I know technically wasn't Marvel but whatever)
>No origin for Homecoming
>Ant Man was a torch-passing as the first film

If the property won't work as an origin story they'll do something else. They know how to make money.

But BvS literally wasn't an origin story for any of the three heroes who featured prominently...

Combination of:

>The Incredibles
>Star Trek Beyond
>Guardians of the Galaxy

A 60's period piece if possible. A ton of focus on DOOM, he's top 3 villains ever and we're in age where capeshit villains are AWFUL so that can be your winning ticket.

The best way to integrate F4 in the MCU would be with alternate dimensions.

Already introduced the concept in Doctor Strange, so it would be very easy to have the F4 come from a different dimension to the MCU dimension. Just introduce the Earth-whatever stuff. Pretty sure the MCU is officialy known as Earth-199999.

How was BvS an origin story?

Better than your shit Fox. That's why the MCU consistently gets good reviews and does billions at the box office while your shit flops and underperforms.
BvS wasn't even an origin story. Casuals dont want origins for heroes they've seen already. That was the biggest complaint of The Amazing Spider Man movies. Fucking Doctor Strange streamlined the origin story aspect because Marvel with all their wisdom knew people didn't want to sit through another generic origin story.

Maybe if you fucks listened to the fans you would be making good movies.

Doom might be the most wasted property owned by a major studio. He's prime for becoming a Darth Vader tier villain to the masses.

>Let's keep flogging the arch-nemesis in film after film.
Lets not.

>pre-order tickets to go see BvS *knowing* it was going to be yet another origin story

I think you mean MoS. BvS has like three minutes of origin story.

Ant-Man is an origin story, it's just framed as a sequel to story we don't get to see.

Id hate to parrot the "Revert back to Mahvel!" thing but in reality I believe that the Fantastic Four are best suited there, not to mention their rogues gallery is prime material for Phase 4 (no pun intended). Its been said before, but the best way to do the four is by focusing on two crucial aspects: that theyre a family, and that theyre explorers first and heroes second. Dr Doom should be cockteased and be the next big bad after Thanos. For solo movie villains, Id go with Red Ghost and Annihilus. Has FOX budged on the bargaining yet? You would think they'd focus more on the mutants and cut their losses.

Does that 3 minutes count the time we showed Bruce's origin the second time, in case retards (Snyder fans) forgot it over the first hour?

>your
>Marvel with all their wisdom

Do you really work for Marvel or something?

>ITT: Foxlet is mad that fans aren't eating up their ideas for another F4 reboot.

This is why your movies fail. Listen to the fans and stop trying to shove your shit in our faces because we aren't taking it. We didn't take Fant4stic and we're not taking this.

Did it trigger you when Nolan flashbacked to Bruce's origin for 3 straight movies?

Christ! Stop posting pics of Donald Trump on Sup Forums !

>>>reddit

Near as I can figure, relations between Fox and Marvel are so strained at this point that Fox would sooner license the property out to Brazzers than make any kind of deal with Marvel. I'd be less surprised to hear that they let an executive's nephew make a student film for grad school to retain the rights at this point.

Only Snyder has the mastery of the genre to show the Origin Story twice within the same film.

Kang is not Egyptian tho

He Wuz.

Feige recently said that they're never getting the X-Men back. I believe used the term "impossibility"

>cultural appropriation

I literally cannot shake any harder.

Oh God, if they cast Idris Elba as Kang, the Banepost meme would finally be toppled.

Lean into the 60s aesthetic and have fun with the retrofuturistic shit Reed can make a reality.
Also be unafraid to really be weird with shit and feel a need to have everything cater to what they perceive normie tastes are ie DOOM can be a hammy mix of SCIENCE and Magic rather than another energy manipulator who got fucked up in the same accident.

I mean it'll fail but it'd probably be somewhat fun if done right.
How would Fantastic Four work better in the MCU exactly? I hear it a lot but I never really got it.

If you're referring to the comment I believe you are, I think that was a response to the possibility of a collaboration similar to the Spider-Man situation. He said the studios working together was impossible with the way things currently are.

>he doesn't realize that the Krypton sequence is Zod's origin story, not Clark's

It'd be a slightly better plotted version of the first FF movie with a less engaging version of Doom. Seriously, why do they insist on using Doom for the first film? He's a third film bad guy. Use Mole Man for your first villain.

As I figured. They were really pissed when they lost Daredevil and Marvel flipped it into a hit Netflix show. Problem is that FOX isnt hurting like SONY was, and the F4 aren't in the same league as Spider Man. Question is, will Marvel bite the bullet come Phase 4? Galactus and Doom are more valuable than the F4 themselves

>he doesn't realize that the destruction of Krypton sequence is the most familiar superhero movie origin of all time, and it didn't stop Hack Snyder from explaining it TWICE in the same film.

I would say the tone, and the material they are working with. Id hate to compare it to Guardians of the Galaxy, but its the same weird territory the Fantastic Four usual deal with. FOX had their shot, and Id rather see Marvel take a crack at it than have FOX be petty shits about their own fuckups

It's not up to Marvel, it's Disney's call. They won't even let them make another Hulk movie because they'd have to collaborate with Universal, who gets a piece of the pie. Disney doesn't want that, and there's no way in hell they'd buddy up with Fox to do something similar. The only reason the Sony thing happened is because they're on the verge of bankruptcy.

Marvel has way too much shit to draw on for them to give a shit if they can't get Doom and Galactus.

They've barely fucked with Dormammu yet, Mephisto hasn't even been hinted at, Shuma Gorath exists, Norman Osborn could easily weasel his way onto the stage outside Spider-Man's films, Surtur could show up, Ultron 2.0 could be a thing eventually, the list goes on.

Marvel has made their entire image on taking D-list characters normies never gave a shit about and turning them into movie stars. Nobody knew who the fuck Thanos was before Avengers happened.

The beginning of the movie was to set up what the codex was and Zod's motivation. What Jor-El told Clark later in the movie was how Krypton got to that point. It's not similar at all you fucking dunce.

>muh period piece
>muh orange story

jesus!

People still don't know who the fuck Thanos is because they've done nothing with him since Avengers. It took him 4 years to get out of his chair.

Fair enough. Its a shame though. Oh and Surtur is already set to appear in Thor Ragnarok. Speaking of Norman, can we even salvage Goblin at this point?

>he doesn't realize that outside of the '78 Superman film the destruction of Krypton is glossed over or only referenced in films
>he also doesn't realize that Krypton sequence is devoted entirely to the immediate circumstances of Krypton's destruction to inform the audience of Zod and Jor-El's motivations while the version told to Clark contextualizes the first sequence

And yet people are still hype as fuck about it. Do you see my point? Marvel doesn't need name recognition, people get hyped just from seeing their logo at this point. They could throw random villains up on a dartboard and pick whoever they hit as their next big bad and it wouldn't matter at this point.

Considering what Vulture looks like, no.

Just touching on the Elders of the Universe so far
just a glimpse of the Celestials
Eternals
Magus
High Evolutionary
Masters of Evil
Gravitron
Sentry
Taskmaster
Leader
Enchantress and Executioner
And on it goes.

But even normies know Marvel's villains suck.

You wouldn't even need to do the Goblin, you could introduce him as the shady business guy with a checkered past (alluding to his villain background) and just make him the the kind of character he was during Dark Reign.

I'd love to see Taskmaster mix it up with Captain America at some point.

When did I imply the plot at all? I'm just saying things should be allowed to be weird and out there. My issue with a lot of Superhero movies is hey always tend to be pretty incestuous with origins and shit like that. Have Mole Man have Skrulls have any of that shit just don't have the villain be "and they're the same thing as the heroes but also an asshole"

The Green Goblin is one of those characters where there is no getting around how silly they'd look in live action if you went faithful to the comic design.

>he doesn't realize that outside of the '78 Superman film the destruction of Krypton is glossed over or only referenced in films
That's because it's the most well-known superhero origin ever. It was extremely well-known well before the 70's film.

Design-wise, the only solution for the goblin is to just give up and trying the guy in a suit angle and going full Ultimate Spider-Man Hulk Goblin.

I suppose. But part of me still wants to see a well done Green Goblin.
Whats wrong with Toomes?

>Whats wrong with Toomes?
They tacticool'd him up.

Because the Goblin is a better villain than Dark Reign Norman which also requires he be a literal insane supervillain who weaseled his way through the government ranks to run SHIELD. Being a shady businessman doesn't have the same punch.

>while the version told to Clark contextualizes the first sequence
It's already put into context by the discussion between Jor El and the council, and the arguments with Zod over the course of Krypton's future.
THEN Jor El re-explains it all to Clark
AND we have to have scenes with Zod confirming what was explained about the failed colonies by visiting one,
Then later Zod has to go on a long diatribe to Clark about the same fucking issues.

You've spent so many years water-carrying for the film that you are no longer capable of discussing it rationally or intelligently.