If this gets greenlight, could it become the Steven Universe of our generation?

If this gets greenlight, could it become the Steven Universe of our generation?

>of our generation
i should have had kids in the last 3 years and no one told me what the fuck

>Of our generation

Fuck you on about? And no, it'd be much more AT than SU.

Only if they make the talking dog female.

>could it become the Steven Universe of our generation

No, is more close to Gravity Fall with out the journals.

>of our generation

nigga what

In any case it's more like Over the Garden Wall, better suited for a miniseries.

This is the Dark Souls of Sup Forums threads.

>pretty mediocre but overrated by lorefags

Definitely the next SU

Serious question. Why are people going ape shit over this cartoon? It's painfully fucking mediocre. It's like Calarts by the numbers.

Corgis, Adventure Time, Portal 2, and looming Gravity Falls-esque mystery.

>of our generation
KAY-WHY-ASS yourself, my man

The real question is why do people think KIDS, the main demographic of CN, will watch it.
There's a reason why CN just shows TTG now. KIDS like it.

If you are posting on Sup Forums, you are far from CN's main audience.

That little robot reminded me of the depressed robot from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy more than Portal tbqh

This tbqh

Stuff like this and Steven Universe CAN appeal to kids, don't get me wrong, but they also do these segments where the energy dies down and they talk about lore or their feelings.

It's great to us, but it doesn't capture a kid's ADHD-like attention span as good as it captures ours. Kids care more about the action rather than the explanation of why the action happens.

>Calarts by the numbers.
Do you even know what Calarts is?

>our generation

Are you twelve?

>Steven Universe of our Generation
I use that word. I do not think you know what it means.

I love how 'Calarts' has become code for 'I don't like it, I may not even have watched it, but I've decided I don't like it one way or another.'

It means I can safely disregard the opinion of anyone that types that word.

why does the art style look like shit

Because if this doesn't get greenlit, we will get a generic shota spic cartoon, which is even worse.

Lets assume for a second that frase makes sense.

This shows concept is different than from SU.It is a very conceiled concept with one main goal that even if more plot threads come in it will stay as the known endgame.We know this from the pilot.We didnt know that from steven universe.It started as a show about a kid living with magical moms.There was no clear endgame.With this show,there is.

So if anything it will be the OTGW of this "generation"

>its one of the other
aren't we on year two of none of the shitty pilots being picked up?

How do CN executives decide when to give their approval to a pilot?
I ask this because it seems most of their shows are going to die soon.

I love it. Science and corgis and manic depressive robots, hell yeah. Plus, the girl sounds exactly like Terra. I'm into it.

More like Gravity Falls.

>If this gets greenlight, could it become the Steven Universe of our generation?
>dubs
Is this a meme magic prediction that we will have to wait for 15 years before this gets greenlit with a cast consisting of lesbian aliens?.
I hope you are happy OP

Am I retarded in thinking that the "Steven Universe of our generation" would be something already made, years ago?

never ever you fucking retards

>the Steven Universe of our generation?
>of our generation?

Wouldn't Steven Universe be the Steven Universe of our generation?

What generation is this?

Is everyone on Sup Forums of the same generation?

if the art improves from the pilot like SU's sort of did, then fuck yeah

>KIDS like it.
because only retards are having kids anymore, and they arent raising them right. people with actual taste in cartoons cant get laid
basically means no point in running a media company

>fantasy adventure cartoon for children with no boy human character anywhere
Yeah, it's not going to get picked up. Or it'll get canned fast.

NOW THAT THE DUST HAS SETTLED

Avatar was the cartoon of my generation, and now it's over, and I hate everything I see on tv, instead I'll spend my time lobbying politicians to ban that filth corrupting the young ones

But the toys!

The toy opportunities!

Not until we get our Buttwitch.

Exactly. It's not girly enough to be targeted to girls and there's no boy MC/sidekick so it can be targeted to boy.

>could it become the Steven Universe of our generation?
no i want it to be good

Too true

>John K. (Yeah I know)
I dun get it. Whats wrong with John K?

I am the Luis Garavito of our Generation.

Still the cartoon of my generation

Steven universe is the Steven universe of our generation

Also this cartoon looks forgettable as hell

Steven Universe is the Steven Universe of our generation, I don't know what this guy's on about.

Also 'Our Generation' is just the last two generations to because this website is primarily 15-28(?) Year olds.

I find it funny that so many people compare this pilot to Gravity Falls, when literal Gravity Falls in Mexico debuted along with it (and admittedly was rightfully forgotten).

In any case, I agree with what others have said that if anything, this is much more like Over the Garden Wall.

Why are so many people not getting the of our generation joke?

Did I slip into some other website?

no but we have gotten to the point that its difficult to tell the trolls apart from the actually retarded people out there

This Japanese telescope lady could be the Harley Quinn of our generation.

Are 'Of our generation' threads replacing Rich Evan's house set?

I think kids can really enjoy "lore" based shows as long as that's not the only thing it has going for it.

As a kid I loved shows with lore and continuity but was bored out of my mind by shows with constant story progression and no breaks to let the characters have fun.

I think that was why I loved Avatar so much, sure it was a continuous story but they took breaks for funny moments and sometimes just to let the characters bond. As long as they could be it entertaining as well as being filled with lore I loved it.

It's just a pilot you fucking dumbass.

and it sucks whats your point

more like infinite tranny

>As a kid I loved shows with lore and continuity
same
xiaolin showdown was the shit because those shen gong wu would get shuffled around between the various factions so it was a constantly changing battlefield with each side trying to get the upper hand