Smallville Season 11 Pt. 1

>Thread THeme
youtube.com/watch?v=Iuqtz_9JMfc

>Previous Snyder Threads

Hello there, based Storybro!

I'm glad that Season 11 starts fairly soon after the events of the finale.

I really like this version of Oliver. Makes you wonder who would come out on top if the Smallville iteration went up against the CW iteration.

This series was better than it had any right to be

It's only two pages and already this dialog feels like it could have been on the show. There are very very very few series that have managed to attain this effect. Just goes to show how powerful varying systems of language can be.

Also surprised that BQM never got another ongoing other than this or Batgirl considering how well liked both are

Here's the Superman Order
1. Smallville Season 11
2. Joe Casey - Adventures of Superman
3. Mark Millar - Superman Adventures
4. Geoff Johns - (Secret Origin, Up Up and Away, Escape from Bizarro World, Legion of Superheroes, Braniac).
5. Grant Morrison - Action Comics/All Star Superman

Batman Revisit.
1.Batman and Robin (Tomasi)
2. Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader

Other Publishers
1. Authority/Planetary
2. Powers Bendis
3. The Dark Tower
4. Mark Millar Comics

Also I'm definitely going to need bumps for this thread to stick around.

How would peeps rank the seasons?
In order of worst to best. I'm going to go ahead and state that I'm rewatching the series now and this list may certainly change.
>7 (absolutely dreadful).
>6. (the zoners were interesting but the season felt unfocused).
>4 (Witches and Jensen Ackles)
>5 (building towards zod, cool).
>8 (Budget Doomsday)
>1 (FIRST SEASON AWESOMENESS)
>2 (more refined season 1)
>3 (more refined season 2, killer finale)
>9 (series takes a hard turn into the more fantastic elements of this universe. Major Zod was great, learn to love the cheese).
>10 (definitely a controversial pick. I more than realize others hate this season and I totally get that. Darkseid was poorly represented as a semi-solid ghost cloud that can’t raise the dead and possess others. Deathstroke was absolutely ridiculous and got a one way ticket to the phantom zone. All that said this was the culmination of 9 previous seasons and Clark transitioning to Superman felt more than earned).

On the topic of the finale, I hated it when I first saw it but now I've come to reexamine it in a new light and I realize the story was about Clark, not Superman. I did feel robbed when Tom didn’t appear in costume in the finale. Lex's return was god tier and BQM managed to turn that plot development into the foundation for his character in Smallville Season 11 as well as a major plot point for multiple arcs.

While he certainly reads like Luthor, it isn't quite feel like these words would come out of Michael Rosenbaum. Maybe it gets better.

>BQM managed to turn that plot development

I loved BQM brought Some Superman movie characters otis

A tear in the sky!

I know this will never happen, but I would love it if there was any kind of media adaption (LIKE A WEBCOMIC - HINT HINT) where there was some type of multiversal crisis that required all the television adaptations of Superman work together. JUST THINK ABOUT IT!

>CainSupes
>WellingSupes
>HoechilinSupes

I feel like they'd all save the day and go out and have a beer afterward.

How come other shows don't have seasons that were never made be comics? I think it'd be lit if it'd happened more..

Otis' relationship with Lex is worth price of admission alone.

I think it's hard to tell which shows would end up being profitable, also you need to ensure you have a large enough starting base to work with because it's doubtful the idea of a continued show in webcomic form is going to appearl to the regular joe

I like the costume, although I certainly miss the trunks.

True

>Sorry. I haven't had the chance to learn Russian yet, but I promise I'll get right on that.
Clark is such a bro.

Thats a pretty good design though, even without the trunks.

He doesn't look much like Tom Welling though.

During a time when Superbro when just starting out (written by Perez), this series provided that Superman fix I wasn't quite getting from the New52.

I'd argue he doesn't look like Welling most of this series.

I love Lois and Clark's relationship.

I bet Clark finds the idea of Lois wearing his logo sexy as hell.

>I hope you'll take no offense, but I just don't see how we could have been more than passing acquaintances.
If only you knew Lex. If only you knew. Also I think Lex is starting to sound more like Michael Rosenabuam.

Technically if we were going by regular comic standards BQM has already managed to establish a tone for the entire universe in less than a single issue. This might be an overstatement but I feel like this series is one of the most consistent I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

Glad to see the return of my favorite gal.

I was first hearbroken Lex murdered Tess so I basically did a 180 once I reached the end of this issue.

I'm glad that Oliver uses a combination of standard bow and handheld crossbows. Also Justin Hartley was an amazing Green Arrow.

>Have your lawyer call my lawyer.
Ha!

REquesting a super-bump from a superbro

Watching the Season 6 premiere. It's fascinating to see how many classic Superman tropes this series incorporated. Zod, Metallo, Darkseid, The Phantom Zone, Justice Society, and eventually Batman and full blown Justice League. This series is one of the most unique as well as structurally sound universes I've ever seen. I would aruge that the Smallville Universe equally stands among the CW universe, Young Justice Universe, and Ultimate Marvel.

Season 10 had GREAT filler episodes.

The Blue Kryptonite episode is my favorite Lois/Clark centered episode.

This Supes is cute. He makes me feel things.

Controversial opinion, but I always felt the show was weaker when it tried to branch out into greater DCU stuff.

I'll have to give that episode a rewatch! I'm trying to go a season as a time but I keep just watching scattered episodes. I think tomorrow I'm going to start with Season 1 and then power through as I grade papers/homework assignments and prepare for classes this week. I'll associate Smallville with

I don't really disagree with you. I always view this series through the lens of the context it was created. This show had severe budget limitations and worked towards establishign its own tone so it always felt "off" from other iterations. I would say Season 11 managed to incorporate DC elements in a far greater capacity than the TV show ever could. Batman in particular was baller.

I did a rewatch over the summer, but it was a semi-rewatch.
Basically just went through premises, and whatever sounded interesting got fun.

There were a lot more than I remembered, especially the Perry White origin.

And yeah, Season 11 did it really great. Especially psycho Batman.

The answer may surprise you.

I used to storytime Season 11 when it was coming out.

It's easy to just go with the wide spreads than the first half then the wide spread.
Saves space.

This

Can anyone confidently answer just how fast Clark is by the end of Season 10? He admits he's not as fast as he used to be in Season 11 and by the end of 10 he seemingly has teleportation esque powers, able to appear anywhere on the planet in the blink of an eye. I'd argue that in terms of "land speed" Clark in Season 10 outstrips Barry ALlen in Season 2 of Flash (even though Barry can travel back in time).

Did they ever release a webrip of the "full page" version of this series? I'd gladly spend online bucks for a CBR of this show.

And I loved that they introduced Otis into this world.

So goddamn true.

Just for the third arc onward IIRC
Not the first two.

Otis is fucking fantastic.

He fits right into the Reeves riff the series was doing.

It would be as if Gotham introduced Bob the Henchman.

The Flash tried it and it didn't succeed. They didn't seem to try to push Arrow afterwards.

I think it makes more sense with Batman '66 and Wonder Woman '77.

I really think WB is making a mistake in not doing a Superman '78 (or whatever you want to call the Donnerverse) OR even better, since there is far more material to mine Lois & Clark '93.

I don't see that you can do a Gotham ongoing or could have done a Constantine ongoing while the shows are on.

Did you manage to get through all of Season 11? Could you tell me which arcs were your favorite? I think I can only remember the first 60 ish issues and very sparingly past "Alien".

I tried.
Honestly will one of these days.

I think my favorite arcs would have to be the Batman and Wonder Woman ones.
Just because of crazy Batman is, and well...I find Steve/Diana stuff very cute.