Have any western comic books ever literally save the economy?

Have any western comic books ever literally save the economy?

Fortunately not.

Can you imagine a world where all western media and and culture revolved around selling the concept of superheroes doing super things to lonely and delusional young men?

Superhero cafes, superhero merchandising, technology devoted to interacting with superheroes, giant superhero statues erected in the centre of public areas...

Actually this is starting to sound pretty awesome.

Lucky Star saved Japan's economy?

Huh, didn't know that.

Why do their eyes override their hair?

... you're literally describing the pre-New52 DC Universe.
God I miss it.

The same as Star's eyes are visible behind her hair.

Answer is anime.

Can someone explain? I'm not calling bullshit I'm genuinely curious if this is true.

Technically I would attribute that to Haruhi, lucky star just rode along its coat tails and kick started that shit to skyhigh and fueled the entire otaku-based economy you see today.

From Wikipedia:
The popularity of Lucky Star also brought many of its fans to the real life settings of the anime, beginning in April 2007. The August issue of the Newtype magazine ran a feature on the various locales which the anime is based on, including Konata's home in Satte, Saitama, Tsukasa and Kagami's home in Washimiya, Saitama and the school in Kasukabe, Saitama. The magazine also included directions on how to reach these places from the otaku hotspot Akihabara, which resulted in massive "pilgrimages" to these areas.

The most widely reported consequence of this is in the Washinomiya Shrine of Washimiya, where the Hiiragi sisters work as miko in the anime. Various Japanese news media reported that the shrine became a place teeming with photographers trying to replicate scenes from the anime, cosplayers wandering around, and ema prayer plaques ridden with anime drawings and strange prayers like "Konata is my wife".Th e ema were mentioned in episode 21 of the anime.

The locals were initially divided on the situation, with some suggesting that it is good for the shrine to have so many worshippers, and some being concerned about the town's security. Despite the negative reaction by some of the locals, the Washinomiya Shrine hosted a Lucky Star event in December 2007, featuring special guests including the author Kagami Yoshimizu, and the voice actors Hiromi Konno, Emiri Katō, Kaori Fukuhara, and Minoru Shiraishi. The event attracted 3500 fans. Subsequently, the Hiiragi family have been registered as official residents of Washimiya because of the anime's wild popularity. Other fictional characters who share this honor in Saitama are Astro Boy of Niza and Crayon Shin-chan's family of Kasukabe. As of July 30, 2008, sales of Lucky Star food and goods brought the town of Washimiya ¥42,000,000 (about US$390,000) in income, described by The Wall Street Journal as a source of relief to the local economy reeling from Japan's economic slump in the 1990s.

interesting

what would happen if japan starts to produce in mass and sell for somewhat an accessible price realistic or anime style sex robots... would it increase japan's econimy?

Human race would go extinct.

Human race numbers at over 7 billion. If anything, introducing sexbots should be a valid way of managing the populace.

More importantly, how do you eat chocolate cornet?

Japan's economy would be booming, and their population decline would get even worse.

tl;dr, Lucky Star is responsible for the overwhelming dominance of moeshit in anime and, as a result, saved anime as an institution by cornering the lonely otaku market.

Lucky Star singlehandedly killed off the Science Fiction genre and manly action anime that dominated the early 2000's

Now I know why I'm a mangaonly fag after I ran out of old anime to watch.

>There are people on Sup Forums who seriously believe this
Good lord. I'm glad I don't have to deal with you people on Sup Forums.

But I do browse Sup Forums.
There's no need to pretend that 70%+ of the threads aren't about cute girls doing cute things, specially when it comes to anime.
I have no idea why you got so defensive though.

Well, that's weird.

I'd a Kagami, though.

Boco you're a huge faggot, but sometimes you have the right opinion.

You forgot Azumanga Daioh though. Pretty much those 2 shows gave birth to moe blobs all around..

Only people who can afford them would use them. They'd die out childless and you'd be left with masses of poor uneducated people.

So this is how Sup Forums feels when Sup Forums spouts a bunch of bullshit they *actually* believe, huh?.

9 years later and we still don't have a fucking answer to this.

So Lucky Star actually killed anime's respect as a medium.

I always knew it was a turd, I stopped watching anime around the time that turd and Haruhi became popular

>70%+ of the threads aren't about cute girls doing cute things

hahaha you wish, is alwys '' Is JAPANESE NAME only for rape??'' kind of shit

Both of you are virgin losers if you like this shit, not because I hate it but because you have to be a virgin loser in order to like this

>weeb pilgrimages

By the fat part, you don't want to bite it and smear chocolate all over the place don't you?