comicbook.com/2016/12/01/exclusive-dc-preview-batman-12

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/30875-tom-king-on-how-gotham-girl-leads-batman-to-bane.html
newsarama.com/32231-catwoman-s-claws-are-out-for-batman-in-12.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And that's it til Wednesday

Oh I really like this.

This is actually really well written.

Is this gonna be one of those arcs where it keeps alternating between absolute crap and really great? That's almost worse than if it was just bad the whole way through.

This surprisingly not bad and I'm actually excited now to read this issue.

The lettering has been fucking shit in this arc.

Deciding whether or not to get this trade is going to be really tough

>issue #9: great
>issue #10: shit
>issue #11: shit
>issue #12: great(?)
>issue #13: ???
>issue #14: ???
>issue #15: ???

>problematic fave
Cutting incoming.

It's still too fucked that they made Catwoman a mass murderer for me to give a shit. A damn shame too, because Batman opening up like this is fucking rare.

What are the odds at this point that King backtracks/says it was all a ruse?

Holy shit Janin just set the standard on how Poser Artists should work these last few issues. No fucking obscuring shadows, that's my problem with the guy who draws Wacky Raceland and Deodato, they always try to hide the fact that they're using models by covering it up with too much shadows

The same odds as him backtracking on Vision going nuts and nearly trying to destroy the world if not for his wife taking the blame and committing suicide.

It still looks obvious computer shit. I'd take Sorrentino over him. Or almost any other poser artist.

>Missing the point this much

there's a difference between assassin and mass murderer, and we've already learned her motive and it wasn't that unreasonable.

Get over your waifu not being squeaky clean anymore.

People like janin and deodato should be banned from the industry. Modellers make the art look like tacky shit desu. Gross

80%
But I don't know, king has played it straight all the way so far. Personally I'm going to stay with him for this arc and the I am bane arc. If there's no pay off I'll decalre maximum butthurtius and walk away.

Why do those guys wear a mask? No, seriously.

Yeah, me too. I am Bane arc will be King last chance before I drop it.

So Janin doesn't have to bother with faces.

kek

I am Bane is his last arc. You're literally saying you'll drop it if you don't like it by the final issue.

Do the people who keep saying this not understand that writing that she's willing to personally assassinate 247 people drastically changes her characterization? Does who Catwoman is begin and end at "she wears a cat suit"?

Good, then he can come back and make Dick Grayson great again.

>none sexy Catwoman

no interest at all

She's a villain, villains kill people.

That's insanely reductive. Never write stories because you're clearly terrible at it.

>I am Bane is his last arc
Wait, what? When this was confirmed?

newsarama.com/30875-tom-king-on-how-gotham-girl-leads-batman-to-bane.html

>King has also said that the superpowered character, who just lost her brother in issue #5, will be an important part of his three-part run on Batman over the coming months - helping to link together King's first arc, "I Am Gotham," with the second, "I Am Suicide," and third, "I Am Bane."

>Does who Catwoman is begin and end at "she wears a cat suit"?
Yes. I shall take great glee in telling you that your waifu is bland as a cardboard. Despite having popularized the sassy thief lady archetype, she's one of the weakest examples of it. Killing a bunch of people is the most interesting she's ever been.

We don't know for sure that means it's his last arc, just that these are the three planned for the moment.

It was ok when Morrison did it, at least King isn't giving Batman a kid

>the "just a crazy guy dressed like a bat" meme

Oh boy, breaking new grounds here

Ok so you just don't read the comics. Got it.

Waifufags would love if Catwoman told Batman she's expecting his baby girl and that's why she can't go back to jail.

Might as well bring Helena in the main canon

She was for a bit

these pages and the pipe one with catwoman and ventriloquist are fucking awesome. big fan of the art so far this arc.

I thought eleven wasn't bad. 10 was a bit absurd and I think its going to ruin the story as a whole even more in the trade. It's just to fucking stupid to happen so quickly in the story.

why didn't he assault the prison from the start
what's even the point of the entire suicide team
and this is right after he got beaten by Bane

>Batman writing a love letter talking about how laughable his life-long crusade is
>Bruce Wayne is a mask and his true identity is a 10 year old child
>Great writing

Just give it up guys. This is the worst Batman has been in a long time

The art for this run has been on point

>Yeah, I do, yeah. Batman readers are the smartest readers in the world. I don't have to hold their hands.

KEK

Tom, these "Batman readers" aren't the people who read Omega Men or Vision or Sheriff of Babylon. These "Batman readers" are the people who think the cringey narration boxes in Red Hood and the Outlaws is good writing

You need to go back.

>the people who read Omega Men or Vision or Sheriff of Babylon

that's because they almost don't exist

>I read Omega Men/Vision/Sheriff of Babylon so I'm special snowflake!
Top lel. Reading these books doesn't make you look smart, user.

Back? I've been here for almost a decade. Nowhere to go back to.

Considering its been the highest selling Batbook in years to the point that the back issues hit the bestseller list, King is here to stay and I for one am glad. I will take anything over autistic solo Bruce.

the only people that defend this book are people that never read Batman and are only here following their meme writer

No the only people that hate on it are newfags that started with Snyders run or people that dont read comics

Best Batstuff since Mozz IMO. Do not understand the hate.

Well except for Finch and Janin's bad art

Do my people need me?

This is a cool page

>NO U

woah, epic argument

>best stuff since the second worst Batman writer

This. Snyder's run is easily the worst run of all time and anyone is better than him after 5 years of that trash.

>Morrison is bad

Get your bait out of here. What run do you like faggot?

>finch is bad meme

he is bad in general but his art for batman has been good, the colouring and inking has made his art look pretty nice

the classics, stuff that you probably never touched because they were too grounded and didn't have Batman be a retard that can only express himself with "TT" and "HH"

>the classics

Name a run faggot. Stop just fucking memeing and trying to act like you know anything. What run.

O'Neil and Dixon

>Dixon
>good

She only ever did good things because she was brainwashed by zatanna

Now in all seriousness, killing terrorists is what many would deem a heroic act. She's not superman, the fact that she doesn't regularly kill or is unwilling to kill doesn't mean that she thinks everyone deserves to live. No one is going to miss a bunch of lowlifes that blew up an orphanage and would have done more in the future.

I'd take Dixon over Snyder and King desu

What arcs specifically? Cause I love those runs and Kings Bruce is very much in line with classic Bruce.

Caring for his family the most but keeping them at arms length due to the crusade.

Snyder was fucking terrible and I think King is supremely overrated but was curious on his take and it's somehow even worse.

Yeah I love that classic O'Neil story where Batman tersely repeats himself constantly and then reveals that he thinks the mantle is a joke and he used to cut himself as a kid while Catwoman is off serially murdering hundreds of people.

Nothing will ever be worse than not Dick Grayson, autistic, quippy "darling" hates his family Bruce.

Why is this poser shit allowed?

Janin and Deodato make me cringe with their art as i just hate it

I guess Bane wasn't good until LE BASED KING turned him into a weak willed faggot that needs brainwashing to get over venom

When the fuck did Batman say the mantle was a joke?

>le Dick Grayson is the only one with one liners meme

yep, the kind of casuals that have only read Dickbats and think Bruce didn't use to make comments and is just constantly silent

Snyder's fingerprints are all over this run it's the same exact Bruce who eschews everyone except the brand new OC's and the only redeeming factor from the previous run, the bombastic camp that rarely worked but at least was comic booky, is gone.

Go eat a dick. Dixon was good and No Man's Land remains severely underrated.

To be fair Snyder's Batman went well beyond the occasional one liner into snarky flippant territory.

Dixon contributed to NML but that really was more of the Rucka Show since he wrote or co-wrote most of the important arcs.

Kek I am a Batgod not a casual. Bruce is not quippy unless hes pissed and then it is sadistic and short.

Did you actually read Morrison's run? Because your reading comprehension isn't all that great if you did.

exactly how he was in Snyder's run then

No. Snyder had him doing whole pages of quips.

are u a retard, this is much more bombastic and campy

hating Snyder is a meme

Did you read those? King had an unnatural narration and dialogue problem in two of those.

There weren't a shitload of fanfic bat characters during O'Neil's time.

vision had fantastic narration

No he just came in and shit all over canon and the Batfam so long time readers hate him and new readers dont know better.

>2
>a shitload

>MUH DAMIAN AND MUH DICK

Oh, so you are one of those

>Serially murdering

She killed a terrorist cell in order to exact justice. Nothing more, nothing less. That's not serial killing.

>Dixon
Yes, two decent issues out of the thousands he wrote.

newsarama.com/32231-catwoman-s-claws-are-out-for-batman-in-12.html

>Nrama: She is unique, but I hear within your description that Batman and Catwoman are similar - and maybe that's where the attraction lies - even if they had to climb out of their childhood pain in different ways.

>King: Yeah, I think that's right. And I think what makes them just a perfect romance for the DCU is that, because they're similar in that way, they see through each other. They kind of see through the bullsh*t that everyone else sees.

>That's why I have them call each other "Cat" and "Bat" in this. It's sort of a tribute to the fact that, like, Selina's smart enough and she knows enough to know that Bruce Wayne and the whole act - that's all an act, that's all it is, and that what's at the core of Batman is Batman.

>Batman's smart enough to see that same thing in Catwoman. What's at the core of Catwoman is not this Selina identity she was born with, but the Catwoman identity that she adopted to get through the pain.

>And they see that in each other, and they respect that in each other.

>They're uniquely the only two people that see it in each other, that sort of see each other through the masks - that see the masks under the masks. I think that's the way I put it in this issue.

>And I think that's what makes great soul mates - it's the people who see all your faults and love you still. And I think that's what they have in each other. Someone's like, "OK, you see right through me. You see all the things that I'm afraid everyone's going to judge me for. They're out on the table. And somehow, you like that about me. And you even love that about me."

>That's what makes them unique, and that's also what makes them uniquely vulnerable and makes them fight - the fact that when they're standing in front of each other, they are so vulnerable that their defense mechanisms kick in.

>yfw King outed himself as the biggest BatCat faggot of all time
>yfw it's never gonna stop

lol wut. I thought Morrison has a top Batwriter was accepted wisdom.

Jordie Bellaire was a miracle worker on those first issues

If you dont think the Batfam is essential you are a casual.

Nothing screams camp like having Batman resigned to die in the first issue, have his back broken, and reveal he's a cutter by issue 12.

You forgot that his writing is terrible too.

they aren't, and you would know this if you actually did read comics

Alfred, Gordon and one random sidekick are essential

not the 15 random OC that are there just to make Bruce look bad, if you want them they all have other books

BASED KING, SUPPORTING BEST SHIP

I bet he's also a HarleyIvy shipper too