So what was his problem?

So what was his problem?

You ain't a firin' squad ya piece a' SHIT

Vietnam fucking shits

>Mark Wahlberg, at the young age of 16, built his own boat just to sail to the Philippines to try and convince Oliver Stone he'd be perfect for the role of Bunny. He reportedly broke one of the extra's legs, and began gnawing it off before staff could pull him off the young Filipino. As compensation for the infection and subsequent amputation, Oliver Stone gave him the bit part in the film as the Vietnamese male whom Bunny murders

Spent too much time in the BUSH

user thinks the bad bush is between old mamasan's legs.

Victor Charlie.

look at his face

A really nice scar

Barnes did nothing wrong

nothing he literally did nothing wrong

shut the fuck up

He just wants to be taken seriously but he can't because he's got such cute pouty little lips

I COCCA DOW VI SHAY
I COCCA DOW

I liked his role in Resident Evil 4

literally he did nothing wrong

Exactly. His problem was being surrounded by dope smoking degenerates who'd rather talk with the people shielding the enemy at the expense of American lives instead of fighting for the cause. Sgt Barnes did nothing wrong

They didn't print this one on Time Magazine back in the day. Fucking Uncle Sam covering up the truth!

You can even fucking see the secondary explosions of hidden ammo caches when they are walking away from the burning village. They were obviously VC.

He'd been in the war too long and forgot what life was like outside of it. As a combat leader he was shown to be one of the best and clearly cared about his men to at least some degree but he didn't respect his men as people. He demanded their respect and allegiance instead of entreating to them equals. He'd keep them alive as long as they did exactly what he told them too. Here he clashed with Elias who had more of a worldly viewpoint. He tried to respect his men and remind them that there was a world outside the war. Barnes just couldn't do this and was made effectively feral. He both hated the war and loved it as at least in Vietnam he was somebody and wouldn't let Elias, Taylor or anyone destroy the terrible but comfortable niche he'd become accustomed to.

>Sgt Barnes did nothing wrong
except for murdering an officer

A dope smoking degenerate who sided with the enemy? Barnes killed a traitor

When the machine breaks down, we break down.

In all seriousness though, Platoon is my dads favorite Vietnam movie, calling it "my story in Vietnam". Even though it doesn't get the feeling of combat right, evidently it does the best job of capturing the "feeling" of the war. You really did have to be careful who you pissed off, every platoon tended to have at least a few guys who where more unhinged than everyone else. Soldiers in Vietnam saw more combat per year than in any other war in US history, which in turn put an incredible amount of stress on people. Most of the time, he says he felt like he was just one bad day away from gunning down a couple random slopes just to vent his frustration.

My dad seems to find Vietnam movies therapeutic, he enjoys pointing out all the little accuracies and inaccuracies. The one exception to this is Apocalypse Now, which he claims "freaks me out."

This.

Do too many tours, all you see is Charlie/ Ali Baba

Who was in the wrong here?

Did he kill a lot of gooks?

the commie
seriously, he was killing people 5 minutes before this photo was taken

Million time more of Man than you and he's a fictional character

General Nguyen Ngoc Loan Executing a Viet Cong Prisoner in Saigon is a photograph taken by Eddie Adams on 1 February 1968. It shows South Vietnamese National Police Chief Nguyễn Ngọc Loan executing a Việt Cộng captain of an insurgent team Nguyễn Văn Lém (referred to as Captain Bảy Lốp), in Saigon during the Tet Offensive.

Around 4:30 A.M., Lém led a sabotage unit along with Viet Cong tanks to attack the Armor Camp in Go Vap. After communist troops took control of the base, Lém arrested Lieutenant Colonel Nguyen Tuan with his family and forced him to show them how to drive tanks. When Lieutenant Colonel Tuan refused to cooperate, Lém killed Tuan, his wife and six children and his 80-year-old mother by cutting their throats. There was only one survivor, a seriously injured 10-year-old boy.

Lém was captured near a mass grave with 34 civilian bodies. Lém admitted that he was proud to carry out his unit leader's order to kill these people. Having personally witnessed the murder of one of his officers along with that man's wife and three small children in cold blood, when Lém was captured and brought to him, General Loan summarily executed him using his sidearm

The photo won Adams the 1969 Pulitzer Prize for Spot News Photography, though he later regretted its effect. The image became an anti-war icon. Concerning Loan and his famous photograph, Adams wrote in Time:

The general killed the Viet Cong; I killed the general with my camera. Still photographs are the most powerful weapon in the world. People believe them, but photographs do lie, even without manipulation. They are only half-truths. What the photograph didn't say was, "What would you do if you were the general at that time and place on that hot day, and you caught the so-called bad guy after he blew away one, two or three American soldiers?"
Adams later apologized in person to General Nguyễn and his family for the damage it did to his reputation. When Loan died of cancer in Virginia, Adams praised him: "The guy was a hero. America should be crying. I just hate to see him go this way, without people knowing anything about him."

Life after photo
A few months after the execution picture was taken, Loan was seriously wounded by machine gun fire that led to the amputation of his leg. Again his picture hit the world press, this time as Australian war correspondent Pat Burgess carried him back to his lines. In addition to his military service, Loan was an advocate for hospital construction.

In 1975, during the fall of Saigon, Loan fled South Vietnam. He moved to the United States, and opened a pizza restaurant in the Washington, D.C. suburb of Burke, Virginia at Rolling Valley Mall called "Les Trois Continents."In 1991, he was forced into retirement when publicity about his past led to a sharp decline in business. Adams recalled that on his last visit to the pizza parlor, he had seen written on a toilet wall, "We know who you are, fucker".

Personal life[edit]
Nguyễn was married to Chinh Mai, with whom he raised five children. Nguyễn Ngọc Loan died of cancer on 14 July 1998, aged 67, in Burke, Virginia.

I knew a green beret a lot like this dude. He was fucking terrifying desu.

>Adams recalled that on his last visit to the pizza parlor, he had seen written on a toilet wall, "We know who you are, fucker".

Hippies are fucking disgusting

BARNES!!!!

BARNES!!

Checked.

I've only killed communist. Based.

Honestly I've never asked for a kill count, its kind of insensitive to ask about stuff like that. Judging from his stories however, he killed at least 8.

I'm sorry, user.

Can't tell if your serious. I don't care at all, in fact I'm probably as curious as you are. It's just kinda ackward to bring up with him. It's hard to slip "Hey dad, how many people did you kill again?" in a casual conversation.

It's sad that I never heard about this. Once damage sets in it never fully recovers.

PEOPLE SAY IM THE LIFE OF THE PARTY, CUZ I TELL A JOKE OE TWO