The first movie

The first movie

>Jack is portrayed as a bit strange, but a smart and capable guy who regularly commits morally questionable acts
>Jack gets imprisoned and manages to escape through sheer luck
>The pirates are dangerous sociopaths and actually murder people and pillage towns

The sequels

>Jack is a comedic relief character but ultimately has some clever plan that solves everything
>Pirates are portrayed as borderline retarded and friendly
>New big bad pirate villain every movie
>Quips everywhere
>Jack is also suddenly a raging alcoholic

Where did it all go so wrong?

it's called character development, dipshit

Jack was a raging alcoholic in the first one, the whole island scene literally DUDE RUM LMAO.

Latest movie honestly wasn't too bad, besides the feminist pandering.

Jack's hit a low, and it makes sense for him to be a depressed alcoholic who has no idea what's going on.

>>Jack is a comedic relief character but ultimately has some clever plan that solves everything

Are you sure we're watching the same movies here, user?

In the latest one iirc Jack wakes up in a vault, gets almost executed which he avoids due to sheer luck and the fact other people saved him, then he literally bumbles around for the majority of the movie basically being bait for Salazar.

If anything you even have a (poor) cgi young Jack scene where it shows he used to be a capable pirate which contrasts with his present day ineptitude and reliance on luck.

EEYAG ESPAÑOL

>escapes thru sheer luck

Nigger... the cannon blast freed every prisoner but him. Thats not luck

>YAGSPAROO

Like the part where his boat is being chased by the ghost pirates that can run on water, but Jack miraculously throws a hook in the zombie shark's mouth, essentially creating the worlds first jet ski and speeds to safety at 90 mph?

CAPITAN! PIRATES!

Disney.

Now that Barbossa is dead I can finally stop watching these movies.

>Jack is portrayed as a bit strange, but a smart and capable guy who regularly commits morally questionable acts

It was way more ambiguous than that

Barbossa died once before that and you still kepty watching.

I didn't watch the second movie until I heard about his cameo at the end.

Thing is that he wasn't the main character in the first one.
Might have the most screen time cause johnny depp but still the character was more of a plot device.

First one's actually up there with the mummy concerning comfy adventure movie.
Rest are just a show off how wacky Jack Sparrow is.

>Latest movie honestly wasn't too bad,
Latest movie was the worst
DUDE RUM LMAO played literally every single moment of the movie
Undead pirates basically rehash of Black Pearl crew
Barbossa made a joke a second time and then killed off for sentiments
Magic staff that somehow magically ties all magic on the seas together even though none of it makes any sense

Fuck that movie

Dead Man's Chest is the best Pirates movie and Jack's an actual character in it. Pearl is a theme park ride movie that gets boring after the first time you watch it.

How long has it been in-universe since the events of the first film? 20 years?

He had no place at all in the last one.

Imagine how much money they could have saved if they just bit the bullet and left him out.

So not the part where he should have snapped his neck spinning from the gallows no the ghost shark scene is what killed it for you?

no one would have gone to see the movie

YOU'RE IN ONE

it all went to shit around part 4 when johny dep willy wonk stopped seeing the boundary between his character and himself

Sure, they would. Pirates is a franchise bigger than Depp.

it really isn't

lol no they even needed to bring back almost everyone just to get it up to where the orginal three were since 4 tanked so much

>it's a Sup Forums tries to understand cost/return kind of day

>You still kepty watching
user is a cute! Is a cute!

you and I both know you don't really believe that's why, user

It wasn't until the forth film that Jack became what op is talking about though

>a bit strange, but a smart and capable guy who regularly commits morally questionable acts
>time passes
>suddenly a raging alcoholic

sounds like the story of my life

Same here fellow verysmart friend

*blocks your path*

JUK PARRROOOOO

Post what you like cunts but At World's End is the best POTC film. Also it has best soundtrack.

i liked it better than than all the rest tbqh

Is my nigga Keef in the last one?

Are On Stranger Tides and Dead Men Tell No Tales actually worth watching? Only ever seen the first 3.