THE KING IS BACK

Avatar's 4 (FOUR) sequels have started filming, with a confirmed budget of 1,000,000,000 (ONE BILLION US DOLLARS).
>deadline.com/2017/09/avatar-james-cameron-four-consecutive-sequels-1-billion-budget-1202176798/

GET READY FOR THE END OF CAPESHIT AS WE KNOW IT.
CINEMA WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN.
JESUS FUCK THE BALLS ON THIS MAN.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oBe9z7XbyAY?t=17m17s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As much as I love Cameron I don't see any way this won't bomb, unless he rolls out some entirely new audiovisual/VR technology to make it truly groundbreaking.
No one remembers Avatar, and the movie wasn't even that great, it was just the effects and 3D people loved.

>>garbage can

Cameron will die two movies on and based Abrams will step in.

>based Abrams
Stop.

Why did he wait eight years to do this?

I think the real James Cameron died sometime between True Lies and Titanic.

James, shouldn't you be donating all that money to the victims of the mexican earthquakes? where is all that "love the earth" shit from Avatar when you actually need it?

>Cameron
>mortal

youtu.be/oBe9z7XbyAY?t=17m17s

>As much as I love Cameron I don't see any way this won't bomb

then you are an idiot. It is impossible for this movies to bomb in box office.

tfw James "God" Cameron is bringing to life an original epic sci-fi saga with state of the art technology financed with absurd amounts of jew gold and some niggers are unironically bitching about it because something

This. First sequel might do alright. Rest of them will bellyflop unless he pulls another gimmick out of his ass. Who wants four more fucking movies of inane blue space monkeys anyways? What avenues are there to explore? Its just generic tribal shit.

>no one remembers the greatest movie ever made
Oh yeah, keep telling yourself that capeshitter

You have to go back

Wtf?
The only reason anyone saw the original avatar was for the CGI.
The world building, plot & dialogue are all shit.
There's no way you can keep improving the quality of the CGI 4 movies in a row.
This will be a massive flop.

More of our azure goddess soon

Why 4? One or two would be more reasonable.

The movie had no cultural impact. It made money and did nothing else. I think Cameron is a good director and all, but come on guys. Avatar was a fine one-off but will make a poor franchise.

It's time for the return of the king

>this is what butthurt haters actually believe

Imagine all the great films he could make and could have made in the meantime.

Yeah, like Avatar 2-5

Gonna screencap this shit and post it all on the day Avatar 2 breaks 2 billion at the BO

he couldn't fit all the scenes of Neytiri doing cute things in cute ways in only two films

How come one of the worst films ever made is getting 4 sequels?

by having literally the biggest box office in movie history

>Quaritch is returning
Origin story WHEN?!

>t. Pic related

the only thing i care about is if abatap will return

Clearly some of that billion dollar budget has gone to camerondrones like these

makes sense for the shill brigade to begin now that filming starts

>The most successful movie in history can't have fans! Clearly they are getting paid

>only shills could have liked the most successful movie of all time!
>this is what butthurt haters actually believe

go to bed james

>all these lame abatap copycats

>mouseshill gets BTFO
>"y-you're the shills!"

>breaking 2 billion

please, that is so 2009
Each sequel will break 1 billion more than the predecessor

>$1 billion budget
Absolute fucking madman

>Avatar was a fine one-off but will make a poor franchise.
Eh, Alien was "just" a single auteur horror sci-fi film and Terminator 1 was "just" a classic action movie. Both didn't have much to follow in sequels, both got the Cameron touch and turned into million-dollar franchises, and one was even a film he originally directed.
Point is, I don't know about 3, 4 and 5, but Avatar 2 will probably be fucking amazing. Cameron is the undisputed sequel king.

jeezus, each film is $200,000,000+?
talk about bloated budgeting for a cartoon series.

>250mil a film
There's nothing special about that desu

Avatar is one of the few movies I didn't watch until the end. It was even more bland and forgettable than mcu shit.

I'm convinced that the first only was a success because of the 3d meme and there is no way the sequels will make as much unless they push another meme like pop out 3d or 4d.

>4 sequels
>1 billion
>1 billion divided by 4 = 250M each

Basically standard for blockbusters these days.

>already calling people shills over jokes and facts
Nigga just you wait until Abatap returns, we haven't even fucking SEEN shilling yet

0/10 You're just butthurt.

BvS got a 250 million budget and still looked like shit. 250 million for Avatar is pretty reasonable.

You don't even know what you're talking about.

As much as I think Avatar was shit and want these to fail, I have a hard time doubting Cameron when it comes to making money.

>T2
>most expensive movie at that point
>succeeds

>Titanic
>most expensive
>succeeds

>Avatar
>etc.
>etc.

>The movie had no cultural impact. It made money and did nothing else. I think Lucas is a good director and all, but come on guys. Star Wars was a fine one-off but will make a poor franchise.

Dat neck.

elle fanning in avatar 2?

>this is was plebs actually believe
Stay mad newfag.

cute isn't it?

spending that much money on any piece of entertainment is pure, unadulterated wankery.

also, BvS is an atrocious standard to set anything by other than profit margins. the film is narratively dull and juvenile, the visuals aesthetically unappealing, and the direction more a distraction than anything else. both Avatar and BvS are lame cartoons for edgy teenagers and intellectually stunted adults.

tell me again i don't know what i'm talking about.

Cry more

Star Wars BTFO

Capeshit, your days are numbered.

He didn't wait, first he perfected deep sea exploration and found the lost city of Atlantis to use as the sets for Avatar 2.
Then he LITERALLY INVENTED interstellar space travel that doesn't take a million years and found IRL Pandora.
Then he dabbled in genetics and cloning to create Na'vi.

>four sequels

What the fuck was he thinking?

>faglords on this shithole board don't think Avatar is capeshit

Lel

Are you saying Star Wars isn't a mediocre franchise?

>2009 was 10 years ago

It's the most successful movie franchise ever.

We'll finally find out how he got those scars

>The cultural impact meme
>there were no quips that entered the reddit/9gag lexicon and no family guy references to it so it was a bad movie!

>It's the most successful movie franchise ever.
The Marvel Cinematic Universe is the most successful movie franchise, though.

You know, it could both kill capeshit and fail after 2 or 3, forcing Cameron to shit out a few new golden nuggets before his expiration

>four Avatar sequels

Why.

Marvel movies and avatar are the same shit, no one reme,bers the plot after 3 weeks

>there are 12 ships that cycle between pandora and earth. one showing up every year to change crew and get unobtanium. so the traitors and xenos will have 11 ships to deal with over the next 11 years.
>unobtanium is needed for energy or else humanity collapses. there is no way earth will just let some blue xenos be left alone because one private military company screwed up.
>with in 18-24 years the earth fleet will show up at pandora to restart mining operations. they may or may not engage in a hostile military action to pacify the moon.
>the traitors and xenos were losing until the Pandoran hive mind intervened. they will not be able to count on this again if the humans use space to their advantage or use mass destruction weapons.

Doesn't he own the rights to Battle Angel Alita? He's just sitting on that shit too.

Where is it stated that the unobtanium is essential for humanity's survival?

Robert Rodriguez is directing it, I think

that one is getting made but he's not directing

after how awful Ghost in the Shell was. it is better this way.

unless someone like Guillermo Del Toro gets the rights. I think anime should be left alone.

>tom cruise's movie Edge of Tomorrow is an exception. all they really did was use the concepts and make a new product.

in the movie.

it is needed for fusion and anti matter reactors. which are the only ways an energy starved earth can power it self and space travel. humanity is traveling space because they need more resources for an over populated earth.

Screenshot this:
Each Avatar sequel will make a billion more than the last.
Combined the movie will gross 18 billion off a 1 billion budget, the greatest ROI of all time.

I'm not sure you can trust any supplementary information, there might be massive retcons. If not however you're spot on.
Can't wait to see Neytiri kick ass in either case

dont tell me they actually used the word unobtanium

>He's never watched Avatar
>he doesn't know unobtanium is a term created by NASA
Read a fucking book.

I swear if Cameron doesn't include pregnant Neytiri, Neytiri giving birth and/or Neytiri getting fucked

>There is money for avatars
>there is no money for Modern Ocean

sad world

How many planet of the apes movies are there user?

She's pregnant in a deleted scene at the end of the first movie

Just popped in here to pay my respects to the king, please keep blowing capeshit the fuck out Jim.

Cameron is the hero we need.

So wait, what happens if Avatar 2 flops?
No one is going to want to see the rest of these.

>if it's good
Well, the redditor technically wasn't wrong, and I think his implication that if it were better, it would have outperformed Avatar was probably right. The Phantom Menace, to use a very similar comparison, probably would have overtaken Titanic if it were actually good, and not a trainwreck on every level, as the movie had a very severe drop-off compared to its initial weekend, which was probably due to poor word of mouth,

But why does it matter? I get having an attachment to Star Wars, but Cameron, or even Avatar? Bizarre.

You don't know what you're talking about, you intellectually stunted, visually impaired, narrative-blind, self-important pseud.

Who's watching this trash? The same """people""" who watch capeshit I guess.

one unrendered deleted scene and there isn't even a bump (except for the one she always has)
It's not good enough

What if the Na'vi are a post-post-singularity culture, perhaps even the indigenous remnant of a hyper-advanced society that's about to show up and roll into "humanity, fuck yeah" like a bad, bad fucking dream?

You'll what?

That’s not 1 billion each is it? Because a combined budget of 1 billion for 4 (FOUR) big budget Hollywood movies is actually relatively tame.
>the newest PoTC movie cost almost 500 million to make not including marketing

can someone explain the abatap meme?

>No one remembers Avatar

Newfags go home! REEEEEEEEEEE

They really don't. Ask any normie. They'll scratch their head and have to genuinely think about it.

ney ney ney ney ney ney ney ney ney ney ney ney ney ney ney ney ney ney