>The Goose
>Zimmer
>Nearly 3 hours long
>Deakins kinography
>Watanabe prequel short
Why are people still doubting this will be anything but a masterpiece

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/blade-runner-2049-reviews/
digitalspy.com/movies/blade-runner/news/a838580/blade-runner-2049-harrison-ford-best-script/
youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c
youtube.com/watch?v=UDVtMYqUAyw
youtu.be/ca_Cv7seV4Y?t=156
youtube.com/watch?v=JtRU8cMp0Nk
youtube.com/watch?v=TG9-j3eevL4
twitter.com/DrewDietsch/status/912708352634847232
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Zimmer is garbage, Rosling is a shit actor and Ford stopped caring years ago.

Villeneuve is the only hope.

>>Denis Kinoneuve
>Zimmer
>Deakins kinography
these mostly
also
>harrison ford
>hollywood in 2017
>jared "IM ACTING" leto

Villeneuve has always been a miserable hack whose movies are propped up entirely by Deakins meme cinematography which gets the r/movies and IMDB pleb crowd all hot and bothered. It is the death knell of Cinema. One of the biggest trashmasters working today, a hack's hack. This is hot pocket the director. Cheeto dust: the man.

His flicks are a bad joke; an insult to the filmic medium; a gob of spit aimed at all that is good and great about filmmaking. Another polished post-fincher gritty popcorn director. Villeneuve just hasn't gotten to the point where his name has become unfashionable yet.

>Villeneuve is the only hope.
pleb.
villeneuve is shit

>Why are people still doubting this will be anything but a masterpiece

It's a spiritual sequel to a classic made decades after the release of the first movie. Of course people are going to be worried it sucks, and going to be overly critical of its quality. It's a risk even making this movie, no doubt everyone involved knew it.

you know Sup Forums is a hotspot and breeding ground for contrarianism anyway

Great shill thread, OP! It's a good thing the anime short is watchable without needing to pay admission to this garbage.

Why have you got to be mean to Deakins? Hasn't he suffered enough?

Nigger

Contrarian: the post I

>harrison ford likely phoning it in
>ridley scott involved in any way
>zimmer

Will Deakins finally get the Oscar he has been robbed of so many times?

I've forgotten more things about film than you'll ever know, shortpants. Go get your fucking shinebox.

>>jared "IM ACTING" leto

you got that wrong

it's
>Jared "I'm the character now" Leto

Will Sup Forums be right this time? Everyone in here seems to think that it will be shit and a flop, but Sup Forums is worse than rotten tomatoes about guessing how a movie will be.

Don't bother
>"Kinoneuve"
Here we have a prime example of the kind of mental spastic r/flicks goon that worships the trash Nolan, Villeneuve and Fincher make.
I cannot be more clear about this: They're an enemy of the medium. They're actively destroying Cinema. True Cinema isn't some good-times & sunshine hugbox, it is a punch in the gut, a gob of spit aimed at your face, a black man fucking your wife.

True Cinema is pain. It tears apart your soul and leaves you to pick up the pieces and patch it back together with bleeding fingers.

collider.com/blade-runner-2049-reviews/
Sup Forums BTFO

>mfw he should have won literally all of those when you go back and see what actually won

He's right about Ford. "The best script he has ever read"? Fucking what?
He'll die, of course. The bring him back to kill him off and settle things. Too bad the guy won't bother waking up during his scenes.

>still falling for le Villeneuve is a good director meme

Protip: Always believe the opposite of what Sup Forums says.

Do you realise what an obnoxious faggot you sound like?

Definitely wrong. This movie will be a big success, no way it wouldn't with that cast and production team.

Ignore it, it's a first year film student who thinks it has the world figured out. Disgusting.

Well at least his own country loves him a bit.

>good directing is a meme
Are you okay?

Kek what, did Ford actually said that? I actually have no doubts that this movie will be good, but I don't think it will be that good. That being said. In how many masterpieces has Ford acted on?

>nominated for 2 movies in the same year
>still lost

god damn

IT cemented this for me. This whole goddamn board said it was going to be a huge failure except for a handful of people who got called shills when they disagreed with Sup Forums's fake news. Even after it had the biggest opening ever they were still saying it was a flop. This board is populated by morons and people like us who come here to yell at them.

This. Why has everybody forgotten this.

oh it will be a 90%+ on rt and a huge commercial success. critics fall for pleb bait like this all the time.

Newfags think Leto is a shit actor because of suicide squad memes

Please leave

Yeah it was in one of those youtube videos, one that reveals pretty much nothing. Ford did actually say that and I'm not kidding. It's on tape but here is an article anyways: digitalspy.com/movies/blade-runner/news/a838580/blade-runner-2049-harrison-ford-best-script/

I think it will be pretty good as well. Not the best thing to ever happen but it seems like everyone, even Ridley "Coma" Scott, is on board and committed.
Masterpieces? I'd argue that Indiana Jones is mostly flawless, all 3, and even if you disagree he was in Apocalypse Now for a whopping 1 minute, so if you consider that a masterpiece then he was in one.
He is clearly sick of fucking acting and nobody can blame him.

It's neo poster sensibility to NOT be devoted to the fight against meme movies and fedoracore reddit cinema. Don't try to hurl the "obnoxious" strawman at the most devoted high level authentic core of the board as a smoke screen to cover your ass. If you're not actively fighting concepts like memecore "IMDB", fedoracore, Sup Forumsedditoracore etc then you just not devoted enough to the medium to be qualified to be here. These infantile fanboy culture phenomenas are the biggest threats facing this medium you profess to care about today. If you actually understood cinema beyond the surface imdb level you'd understand that.

Six Days Seven Nights is literally the only good Harrison Ford movie.

who can seriously sits for 3 hours in front of a movie? it's not even physically acceptable... Maybe except reddit of course.
Will pirate and give it a try while talking with you all my fellow movie fans.

Try harder next time, subtlety is the key.

>Zimmer is garbage
How is that contrarian medicine working out for you?

CLAIM YOUR SEATS BOYS WE'RE IN FOR MOTY

I'm not even meming, reddit enthousiat, 3 hours is far too much and is already the sign it's going to be very pretentious and "atmospheric", quality is being able to be concise.

If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with redit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal. It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre pleb media work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Zimmer Man, Breaking Bad, Star Wars, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or better yet kill yourself.

I hope somebody takes a screenshot of all these posts so we can laugh at them just as hard as we did for the "It" shitposts.

>The Goose

Is Andrew McCarthy in this movie?

If you think that Zimmer is a bad film composer, you are either deaf or contrarian. It's not harder than that. He is factually one of the greatest film composers of all times. His portfolio ranging from all types of music and films. He's versatile, multi-talented and always seeks to innovate. He's one of the best we got. And your shitposts are getting as tiresome as your wasted life.

What is it about the concept of watching a 3 hour movie that you dislike so much? Is it that mentally taxing for you to sit and focus on a single task for more than 10 minutes?

This is a generation raised on marvel quips. The idea of watching a film that goes on for so long and isn't a glorified cartoon is very alien concept to them.

No Anthony Edwards is.

You know there's stuff like Adderal to treat ADHD right?

t. ADHD brainlet

Hanz Zimmer is not contemplative or someone with a regard for theory, structure or craftsmanship. Squarepusher, Onetrixpoint and other guys with beards and shoulder-length hair such as Jackson and His Computer Band are the vanguard of fundamentally novel music. All they need is a bit of refinement and the opportunity to reconcile a higher degree of artistic integrity with a shamelessly commercial culture.

You must hate reading books then. I mean I'm a little sketchy about the length as well but that's because it's considerably longer than the original film (nearly an hour more). I can only wait til October and see if it uses all its runtime well though.

>quantity is quality

Damn, very insightful post. Why are books longer than 100 pages? Fucking hack Tolstoy.

Nah, it's just like three episodes of a show. You're the type of person that makes me believe I'm in the most ironic board of this site. You can see people that are less film plebs in other boards. I will assume that you have never read a novel in your life, and I think I'll be correct.

>Zimmer
but that's bad news user

Nobody said that quantity is quality, except you, just on the oppossite side, that less quantity is more quality. Haha what an imbecile.

Zimmer's music has only one place: over the top Hollywood blockbusters a la Nolan. It's bland, manipulative and laughable on a technical level.

zimmer is literally the stephen king of music

he picks up a lot jobs, did some nice stuff in the past but is below mediocre nowadays, everything he did in last 10 to 15 years was absolute garbage

You actually don't know about music. I know that because you talk like someone who doesn't know about music theory and composition. I'm not gonna talk about Zimmer's composition (technically he's fine, like every other OST composer), I just want to point out that it's obvious you're talking out of your ass, be more subtle.

>implying zimmer actually does any of his work himself recently

Inception's OST is pretry good, well done and unique. No other OST sounds like it. Interstellar's is a really decent ambient OST, Dunkirk's is mostly ok but it is too derivative of Interstellar. It actually has some chord progressions that are the same in interstellar.

Go ahead tell me how using 20 horns in a track is showing any regard of orchestral knowledge, how pushing up your dynamics during a track up to 20db isn't ridiculous and pitching down oldies is indicative of musical genius. Go to bed kiddo, Zimmer is pathetic, he is a running gag for actual professionals.

>comparing two different medias
Do you read a tolstoy book in one shot, smartass?

>Deakins kinography

well that explains the actually interesting aesthetic in what otherwise seems dull and formulaic

Are you a nasty troll, or pseudo-intellectual?

Han's quite literally changed the face of modern film scoring. His style has been emulated to death ever since early 2000's.

Zimmer also thrives in underscore cues and synthetics. This project is literally his wheelhouse.

The only other person I think could think that would do this movies score justice would be Harry Gregson-Williams.

Also pic very related

Not even once has he used twenty horns. You mean using dynamics to create tension as in a crescendo? Like every other composer has done in history. Technically he's fine. He's a running gag for what actual professionals?

"People" aren't. Soulless corporate shills keep trying to poison the well, though.

I mean dynamics in the sense of musical dynamics, brainlet. Starting out your track with a whisper and slowly upping it until your ears bleed. Of course dynamics are essential but they are supposed to be used to create and release tension not to slowly turn up the volume. It's bad composition and bad mixing combined, but the plebs love it because it gets so "powerful" in the end. I don't want to piss on your parade I'm well aware that his music is effective but that is because it's willfully manipulative, e.g. using only pop intervals to hijack you emotionally. You act all knowledgeable but you don't notice his repetitive, lazy style?

>but is below mediocre nowadays
This is the shit you read on Sup Forums these days.

Stick to Giashitto lad.

youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

>Anthony Edwards
Why the fuck did I say Andrew McCarthy?

I'll show you bud. Take this track and turn up the vol at the start to a level where it's loud but perfectly acceptable, then you skip to the end and I fucking dare you not to change the volume. Your neighbors will love it.

youtube.com/watch?v=UDVtMYqUAyw

Are you talking about Dunkirk?

Because if so they movie was entirely experimental. It was essentially a track of nothing but underscores.. So the only way to build and release tension was to work with dynamics.

What you described is a crescendo. That example you used is used in one song, starting like a whisper and at the end using a fast crescendo, and the crescendo lasts like five seconds, his other songs just add more layers, not loud dynamics. Of course you're talking about dynamics in music, what dynamics did you think I was talking about? Man get the fuck out of here, haha, I think I was just succesfully baited. I'm not saying he's a genious, but you saying that he doesn't know about technique is pretty dumb. You actually think that you know more about composition than him, damn.

read here

i enjoy more atmospheric OST's so dunkirk was really enjoyable.

>jared "IM ACTING" leto

Quite frankly, this. That guy is full of himself and ruins movies with his over the top "acting".

Nah, he use to be decent when he was not so well known, but it's been a long time since that was true. Anything he does now is always over the top try hard acting.

>extended extra used in IMAX cut of film
>muh zimmer is a hack

Have you ever been to a IMAX showing? The audio is mastered in surround and purposely loud.

I bet you 10$ Sup Forums will find one really small and insignificant thing in the movie and then an autist will get overly attached to it and spam the board for months

@ErikDavis
BLADE RUNNER 2049 is sci-fi masterpiece; the kind of deep-cut genre film we don't see anymore. Visually mind blowing, absolutely fantastic

@colliderfrosty
Everyone bow down to Denis Villeneuve. He’s done the impossible and delivered a huge home run with 'Blade Runner 2049'. Loved it.

@jhoffman
Good news! BLADE RUNNER 2049 is a terrific continuation and expansion of the orig. Wasn't hoping for much, ended up LOVING it. (Even Leto!)

@djkevlar
I've seen Blade Runner 2049 and it's FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

@jasonosia
BLADE RUNNER 2049: The thrill of mood and extensional joys of self-reflection. Villeneuve’s slow-burn obsessions have never felt more SEEN.

@JennaBusch
#BladeRunner2049 was one of the most mind-blowing films I've seen. It's breathtaking and transportive. Denis Villeneuve has a masterpiece.

@jessehawken
All I can say about BLADE RUNNER 2049 is...give Roger Deakins the Oscar now. Absolutely stunning visuals

@eeisenberg
.@BladeRunner 2049 is phenomenal. Visually mind-blowing sci-fi w/ noir roots shining through in a tight, twisty mystery. Best of 2017 so far

@DrewDietsch
#BladeRunner2049 is a true sequel in tune with the mood, pacing, tone, contemplative nature, and stark visual splendor of the original.

#BladeRunner2049 is real sci-fi filmmaking. It makes the new Star Wars films look like live action LEGO movies.

#BladeRunner2049 is NOT some action blockbuster. It is a hard sci-fi detective drama. They didn't reshape this to fit the mainstream.

#BladeRunner2049 is nearly 3 hours and kept me entranced, tense, and engaged the entire time. That speaks volumes. The time flew by.

Hans Zimmer is the greatest blockbuster composer of all time. He fucking saved film scoring from bland orchestras mimicking Williams.

youtu.be/ca_Cv7seV4Y?t=156

This right here is his greatest piece. My God how powerful.

SOMEONE POST THE GIANT PINK WAIFU

>BladeRunner2049 is NOT some action blockbuster. It is a hard sci-fi detective drama. They didn't reshape this to fit the mainstream.
SAUCE NIGGA

I want to believe this so fucking bad.

John William's is the biggest hack of 20th century. He has built a career on plagiarizing other artists.

Look at this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=JtRU8cMp0Nk

edgy

This is supposed to convince me of zimmer's talent? is this bait?

You can take that bait and shove it up your fat ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=TG9-j3eevL4

Man's a living legend.

I know this pasta but its insane how Villeneuve is put in the same sentences as Nolan and Fincher when he just came on the scene as a director. Its just a testemant on how great of a filmmaker he is. His streak won't be tarnished with Blade Runner

>#BladeRunner2049 is NOT some action blockbuster. It is a hard sci-fi detective drama. They didn't reshape this to fit the mainstream.

twitter.com/DrewDietsch/status/912708352634847232

Soubds fine to me. You can do that with about any classical composition my friend. Take any Bach or Beethoven and in a lot of pieces you'll hear that. Your neighbors will love it. By the way, the album version sounds better than that one. If you can't stand the intensity, too bad, you wont actually be able to listen to most orchestral music, cause a LOT of pieces have intense parts just like that.

>It makes the new Star Wars films look like live action LEGO movies.
but that's what they were BEFORE this movie

Not that guy. But to say Zimmer is talent-less when he scored absolute masterpieces like Gladiator, Blackrain, Da Vinci Code, Crimson Tide is insulting to say the least.

He's an incredibly talented composer.

>writes this shit
>posts blant ripoff Philip Glass score
>actually thinks zimmer is anything more than a trademark at this point, he doesn't even write soundtracks he's credited for, it's just drone army doing all the work

Is this another '' I-T'S GONNA FLOP FOR SURE GUYSSSS!!!1!'' autistic meltdown that Sup Forums has every time a movie comes out?

I'm gonna enjoy the butthurt in the following months

>His streak won't be tarnished with Blade Runner
Early word is that Blade Runner will be further proof of his tremendous skills.

>Is this another '' I-T'S GONNA FLOP FOR SURE GUYSSSS!!!1!'' autistic meltdown that Sup Forums has every time a movie comes out?
Yes. Come join the fun user. I have some screencaps saved. This is going to be a backlash harder than It.

>just came on the scene as a director
he's been making full length films since the 90s
I get it thought, and entry level goon that found this hack because of prisoners and his awed by inauthenticity

Oh fuck yea.
Let's get comfy and watch the shitshow

we're gonna be right some time and then you'll be sorry

yes case in point Sup Forums blatantly wants it to fail because it's "unnecessary"