Best girl

>best girl
>best kills
>best nudity
>drug use to the max
>comfy semi-rural setting
>most memorable characters

This movie gets too much shit thrown at it. This will always be my favorite Friday.

>no jason tho!!!

Not a valid argument.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bUvTqSb2jw8
youtube.com/watch?v=5TnbKTvD9ZE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>DISCO IS STUPID

>Friday the New Beginning 13th Part V

who thought this was a good idea for a film title?

I actually rewatched the whole series last Halloween and in that context its a great little movie. I wasnt around for the theater release, and when I did rent it on VHS i was just butthurt there was no Jason.

Its got some of the best direction and visuals in the series. Its like an R rated Scooby Doo spoof, with a killer using an old legend to do wrong and getting thwarted by some kids.

It was an imposter though. They're supposed to add him to the game soon, but I don't see how that is possible. Jason can't die and the imposter did die when the police shot him like 12 times.

>no Jason in a Friday movie isn't a valid argument
The fuck it isn't. Would a Nightmare on Elm Street movie without Freddy Krueger be okay?

:^)

>Friday part V
>Halloween III
>Elm Street II
all underrated as fuck and require viewing this October

inb4
>Gay Freddy

Tommy was also supposed to become the new Jason at the end.

and the pseudo echo tune OP, toppest fucking track lad

>Would a Nightmare on Elm Street movie without Freddy Krueger be okay?
With a good script.

Makes you wonder what Jason Lives would have been like if they went with that original idea.

roy jason had a pretty sweet mask. no idea why they went with that clipart for the poster

>Worst bait
The only one worse than V is VII so go fuck yourself.

I'm not him but if you can't understand his point you really are a dumbass. It's called Nightmare on Elm Street, not Freddy Krueger's Wacky Adventures. People like you is the reason Halloween 3 flopped and we didn't get yearly halloween stories based around different scripts, you people are legit pleb, the most pleb ever, you'd rather see the same shit regurgitated over and over, bet you really like those marvel movies too.

>tfw u realize roy wearing two masks is an artifact from an earlier script

Are you retarded? The first Friday the 13th doesn't even have Jason lmao, this better be bait.

Halloween 3 flopped because it was stupid as hell. Even with a different name it would suck.

JTM, JGTH, and FvJ are all better in your eyes? HOW?

Halloween 3 flopped because it didn't have Myers, simple as that, regardless of the quality of the movie.

Jason Goes to Hell and Freddy Vs Jason are non-canon and thus don't count. Jason Takes Manhattan is better if anything just because of my boy Lucius.

t. pleb

It felt like a story from Goosebumps, but just made mature. I like H3 in that sense.

My favorite Friday movie is Halloween 4

>clearly never saw the movie
Who the FUCK said you could even reply to me you swarthy jungle ape?

Nice bait, have a (you)

>non-canon

Nah, don't give me that. You cannot really piece together a coherent timeline from even the first eight movies, you honestly can't.

>non-canon
Your head canon doesn't determine what's canon or not. The chronological order of movies goes:

Friday 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, FvJ, 10

At the end of 9 he's in hell. At the beginning of FvJ he's released from hell. At the end of FvJ he's back at Crystal Lake. At the beginning of 10, he's at Crystal Lake.

man i love this bit. one of the few things the friday franchise consistently did right.

You actually can, what you can't make coherent is the rules within its universe, especially regarding Jason's power and ressurections.

>"Friday the 13th"
>parts 2-4 take place back-to-back-back

>ha, nice try getting Adrienne King to post for a photo 37 years ago with a deformed kid to try and trick me today into thinking Jason was in the first movie
literally kys

Barely counts, that was more of a dream sequence. Fuck that actor constantly shilling himself as "the first jason".

Besides, Jason was TECHNICALLY featured in A New Beginning, but as hallucinations. That counts just as much as Part I.

Holy crap JGTH makes V look like a masterpiece.

Its a shame about New Blood, it was raped by censors. They made some badass gore effects that all got cut.

My point wasn't that 5 was a bad movie or even a bad Friday movie. Only that pretending that a movie lacking Jason not mattering is bullshit. It IS a legitimate gripe, and despite 5 being one of the most solid movies in the series, the franchise and that film took a huge hit from not having Jason.

YES, perfect way to describe it. So childish but very morbid at same time. It also had nice "fever dream" feeling to it

but the first one is an appropriate example, Jason wasn't a big part of it, he was hallucination-tier, not to mention just a retard burned kid hallucination

>Halloween iii is underrated

When well this meme end? It's been a cult classic for nearly 20 years now. The only movie on the series that gets more praise is the original, and possibly the sequel, but it's pretty much universally agreed upon that it's better than anything between 4-Resurrection.

That's different, the first film was an indie horror flick and Jason wasn't the figurehead mascot of the franchise. By the fifth movie they weren't Friday the 13th, they were "the Jason movies."

>Elm Street II
>underrated

Nah, it's got some interesting bits, like the body possession and the gay subtext, but it's a pretty bad otherwise. Better way to describe it would be to call it not as bad as people claim it to be.

Part 3 is patrician's choice.

Halloween III sucked, but you are absolutely right about the other two.

Either way its negligent to say V is the worst when Part IX exists

That guy looked like a more jewish Seth Rogen, and Seth Rogen already looks pretty fucking jewy

No, Part 6 and part 4 will always be the best, all the other ones are fucking lame

I love them all, but part 6 had the weakest kills. Part 6 does have best girl though.

>Would a Nightmare on Elm Street movie without Freddy Krueger be okay?

It couldn't be any worse than the attempted reboot.

>tfw I thought the reboot was decent.

I was about to get defensive because the RV kill and the puddle kill are two of my favorites but youre not wrong. Part 6 has great writing though.

>Friday The A 13th Part V new beginning
what did they Mean by This

Part 3 has my favorite Jason, but other than that it's sort of boring. The final girl is meh, the forced 3D scenes are annoying (the yo-yo especially), the "twist" ending was dumb and predictable, along with some other things.

its
--------------A--------------
new beginning

>the joke

>your head

What was good about it? Awful deaths, completely underwhelming nightmares, shitty cast, and the movie failed entirely to be spooky as a serious horror movie. The only semi-decent idea in it was the twist making the kids to be the same ones Freddy diddled when he was still alive, and it failed completely to land.

JGTH is underrated

The reboot was absolutely fine. I thought the Jason was particularly cool. Derek Mears or some shit.

I know I'm going to get shit for this but I actually really liked reboot Jason. Probably my favorite Friday the 13th movie even, and I went into it expecting it to be a piece of shit like nearly every other horror remake from the period.

>part 5 is his favorite
Not a valid opinion

Oh shit I thought we were talking about the F13 remake.

Reminder that Jason Goes To Hell, Freddy vs Jason, and Jason X are all spin offs with their own self contained continuities, as they are not made by Paramount and do not have "Part _" in the title.

I think I heard a theory once that JGTH takes place after Part III and disregards Part IV through VIII.

Ethel Hubbard was literally the best character out of the entire series.

Parts 2, 3, and 4 should be seen as one complete movie. They all happened in the same week on different sides of the lake.

Part 6 is interesting to me because it has the most comedy and zero nudity for a Friday the 13th film.

And yeah Megan was a top-tier girl. Plus the film was the ONLY one to actually have summer camp with kids.

I do wonder if Jason was actually going to harm those little kids in the end or was he just doing that to bait the teens and adults?

Jason's father Elias Voorhees was supposed to appear. Wonder what plans they had for him in 7.

That's debatable. How would the group in Part III have NO idea what happened only a couple days ago at the same location? I doubt the police would try to cover it up or anything.

Well.....maybe they would since the official story was that Jason drowned, but still I find it implausible since that woman from the general store in the beginning of Part III was watching the news about it. I know a few have speculated that the body of water in Part III isn't actually Crystal Lake. This makes some sense when you realize the name "Jason" actually isn't uttered once in the entire movie!

Eh, Chris wasn't that bad when you consider the fact she has past history with Jason (makes you wonder what he actually did to her besides the implied rape and why/how she survived) and the fact that she was pretty resourceful.

I think out of the 3 final girls in Parts 2, 3, and 4 for pre-Zombie Jason, Chris was the toughest. She actually had Jason back away with her frenzy knife slashing, stabbed him in the leg, knocked him out with a block of wood, surprised him and hung him with a noose. Ginny and Trish kicked Jason's ass, but not as often and with improv like Chris.

Roy isn't being added to the game, Part 4 and the jarvis house are.

The ending for Part 7 made no sense. It's like they wrote most of the script and got bored so they just threw some shit together.

He did appear. He was the groundskeeper of the cemetery in Part 6. As for Part 7, who knows? Maybe he tries to put Jason's soul to rest out of guilt?

To be fair, this was the early 80's. I don't think the local authorities wanted to stir up hysteria if they brought up the lore of a psycho woodsman. Plus the cops were just dealing with the carnage from Part 2 as well as the ramifications of Part 1's slaughter a year ago so no surprise there wasn't an immediate cordon of the vicinity within 50 miles.

FALSE
youtu.be/bUvTqSb2jw8

The thing I like about Part 5 is that addressed what happens to slasher survivors. Tommy Jarvis had it pretty rough since his mom was murdered by Jason and he lost his sanity killing said psychopath. No surprise he got all fucked-up in the head. In that way, Jason still had a victory and by proxy, Jason's legacy lives on through Tommy because he was robbed of his childhood and would be treated as a freak by everyone else.

Also, I like how Tommy in Parts 4 and 5 was into Halloween masks. Jason wore a mask to hide his deformity and shunned the world as a hermit. Young Tommy indulged in his love of dressing up as scary monsters until the day a real-life one changed his life. Tommy in Part 5 still has those masks collection because he's trying to decide whether to embrace the mask of sanity or revel in the depravity that Jason did. Hence, the final scene where he wears Roy's hockey mask was the culmination of Tommy's struggle for identity and fate.

It does make me wonder what happened to Trish? Did she get committed to an asylum too?

Ah my mistake, I forgot that the groundskeeper was murdered by Jason in Part 6. Yeah it's too bad we never saw or found out what the deal was with Elias Voorhees.

OP, you've been saying it for at least a year, nobody is buying it.

IV > VI > FvJ > III > VII > II > I > remake > JGST > V = VIII > X

Nightmare 2 was always my favorite as a kid. The tone in that one was very dark and Freddy was fucking insane in that one

Adult Jason was physically present in Part I though.

I agree. I'm really glad it has a bad rep though because it makes it so much better when you watch it and find the most enjoyable entry in the series.

Nightmare 2 is interesting how the urban mythos of Freddy was what helped propel him into becoming more and more ingrained in reality, hence the body possession of Jesse.

Nightmare 2 has some great body horror, it's just too bad when Freddy manifests himself in the real world completely it ruins the entire movie.

worst Friday is the one with the pseudo-Carrie, that shit was so fucking bad

youtube.com/watch?v=5TnbKTvD9ZE

JAM

Best girl.

Ever heard of the original death they had planned for her but got cut because it'd fuck their rating?

They wanted Violet to get stabbed in the vagina repeatedly or something to Pseudo Echo, that would have been gorekino.

>X is the worst
no

I liked how Jared Padalecki of Supernatural was the main dude in the 2009 remake. Because he wasn't this alpha male asskicker, but just some guy who was looking for his sister and was in danger like the rest of the cast. Danielle Panabaker was heart-breakingly adorable.

I also liked how they delved deeper into Jason being a woodsman with those traps and those underground tunnels with tripwires that alerted him of trespassers.

You big dildo!

X, part 9 and part 8 were all pretty bad desu senpai. Part 7 had a terrible ending as well. Didn't entirely ruin the movie, but it was bad.

That's what happens when you stab someone in the cunt repeatedly with a knife.

She didn't even call him a big guy.

he was a fucking zombie- of course he was going to kill the kids.

Do you ever see his mom get murdered? It seems like she just pulls the 'I'mma check out that noise' and we don't see her again.

6 > 4 > FvJ > 2 > 1 > 3 > 7 >>> 5 = 8 > X > JGtH

Too bad we didn't get to see her jugs. They were pretty big if memory serves.

He didn't kill that little girl who saw him.

The alternate ending showed the mom dead in the upstairs bathtub. It was also pretty obvious that the last time we saw the mom she ran into Jason because of her reaction.

Why is it Steve Miner, Joseph Zito and Ronny Yu are the only Friday the 13th directors who have had interesting careers outside of Friday the 13th? I recently looked up Tom McLoughlin since I love Part VI: Jason Lives so much and I found out ever since the early 90s he has been directing fucking terrible made-for-TV movies.

This

Name a better slasher franchise. Protip: A Nightmare on Elm Street is the best slasher franchise but Friday the 13th is the second best slasher franchise.

No