Does the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy still hold up today?

Does the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy still hold up today?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/509hpApY9c4
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ac4xamCIgY
youtube.com/watch?v=wQzn4a5qHT4
youtube.com/watch?v=wNJsN6VcLwY
youtube.com/watch?v=pwLzuOMpkFw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, it collapsed under its own weight.

I still like the first two. The third is good for a drunken laugh.

Yes. Apart from maybe the GGs costume, it does. Pretty much better than nearly all the capeshit that gets released each year.

Nothing released by Marvel in the last decade even comes CLOSE to being as quotable as the first film.

It gave us one of, f not the greatest casting decisions ever

>mfw

You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us

>Awful lot of people in this city with a last name that ends in "berg" or "stein", don't you think? Someone really needs to gas these rats.

What was Raimi thinking with that scene? It came out of nowhere.

As fucking corny as that was, I still like that scene. I'm a sucker for that brand of cheap emotional manipulation from a movie.

SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

First film still hholds up strongly.

Second film is GOAT

Third film is the red-headed stepchild. Peter trying to be alpha was hilarious though.

>Peter trying to be alpha was hilarious though.
I never got how people could take those comedy scenes seriously.

Seriously? I don't think anyone took them seriously.

First two are great. third is a failed abortion that was so horrible they had to reboot to get away from the poisoned continuity.

>I'm a sucker for Sup Forums related material that doesn't forget that it's Sup Forums related material

Yeah, that too.

BONESAW IS REDYYY

They didn't even hold up back then.
Although the second one is the least garbage.

>OUT LIKE CANISTERS OF ZYKLON B, AM I!
Holy shit, how did Raimi get away with that comparison?

The second one might just be the greatest superhero movie ever, discounting the Dark Knight movies.

>I'd like to take a moment to insinuate that you are feminine and possibly homosexual.

1st was great
2nd was GOAT
3rd is ok. Re-watch it, it's not so bad.

*randy

No. Its complete shit. Only casuals think its good.

Is the Raimi Spider-man series the most quotable Sup Forums related movie trilogy?
youtu.be/509hpApY9c4

How subtle

Casuals have better taste than Spiderfags.

Fight choreography is boring, but otherwise it's okay.

I'm gonna get raked over the flames for saying it, but movies that are meant to be a spectacle have gotten a lot better with the advent of believable computer effects.

>It gave us one of, f not the greatest casting decisions ever

JK Simmons, Sir Patrick Stewart, and RDJ are the holy trinity of Marvel casting and none of them are even in the same universe.

How in the fuck?

A Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds, or Chris Pratt is fine too.

And all of that said, the Marvel One-Above-All is Vin Diesel.

What do people mean when they say it hasn't aged well?

I can understand that complaint for video games because mechanics are always evolving but I don't understand it for movies.

Nothing beats growing up with this movie after seeing it at age 4. I remember my dad bought me all the comics with spiderman as much as possible. It was even better because he grew up with the comics and always continued reading them. Call me a young fag or whatever, but this movie made me into the spiderman fan I am today. I'm gonna show this movie to my son as well when I have him.

There is legitimately a very obvious scene in one of the films where Mary Jane is hugging a mannequin of Spider-Man.

It doesn't impress the way it did when it initially released.

Speshul effects

What cape movie does?

Batman Returns

Someone watching the film for the first time today would not be as impressed as someone who watched it for the first time when it released.

The effects are bad and very obvious (unavoidable I know, and most people will recognize this, but it still contributes), there are way more films in the genre to compare it to now than there were back when it came out, and when you compare it to something like Iron Man for example its flaws stand out more prominently.

I know many will disagree with me, but here are my issues with the Spider-Man films.

>poor pacing
>TOO hammy writing, I'm not against a healthy dose of camp but this shit gets way too over the top
>bad casting (yes JJ was GOAT and the first two had good villains, but when your lead is a braindead doughball with zero charisma and your love interest is Kirsten Dunst, you fucked up)
>effects don't hold up
>Spider-Man isn't fucking funny, his attempts at humor (few as they were) in costume were closer to an autistic manchild trying to fling insults at his childhood bully than they were to what Spider-Man should sound like

Batman
Batman Returns
Iron Man
Return of the Joker
X2

>Batman returns
Not really. Show that to a little kid and they'll complain about how old it looks.
I know my little brothers did.

Yes... except for the third one.

Sure it's cheesy as hell, but at least it's endearing and followable.... unlike the Amazing Spider-Man movies.

coughNostalgiaCriticsopinionsareshitcough

>Iron Man
Elaborate.

but there was no damage to the bottom- nevermind

>RDJ
meh, its so over done is not even funny anymore, at this point Tony Stark is just RDJ improvising

It was a different time
Hell, in the director's cut there was a not-so-subtle swastika in the background of a scene.
Oh Raimi...

It's just _f_u_n_.

I've got an organic web shooter, too

>mfw we wont even get Hugh Jackman in the MCU

I can see Fox eventually having Ryan Reynolds appear, especially if he bitches enough to Fox to make a deal for Infinity Wars.

IMPRESSIVE

FOR A KIKE

The first two are alright. The third one is still as boring as it was in 2007.

HA

For you

Show is at least unique in the capeshit genre so far.

No movies has ever come so close to being a loyal representation of the comic culture. Not about strictly following the source material but about adapting almost perfectly the feeling of "old" school comics to the big screen.

You can literally screencap the whole movie, put some speech bubbles on it and you are done, you have a perfectly regular comic.

dont know why i wrote show instead of movie

The only thing they did wrong was completely miss the point of and misrepresent the character of Peter Parker/Spider-Man, which is sadly a major flaw. The first two films would be immortalized if they had any idea what he's like.

One is okay
Two is still amazing
Three sucks

it has its flaws, both as a regular movie and as a comic adaption

Being unique doesn't necessarily means it's good

>WHILE BONESAW IS NOT GAY, BONESAW WHOLEHEARTEDLY REJECTS THE OUTDATED DOGMA THAT HOMOSEXUALITY IS IN ANYWAY BAD OR UNNATURAL
>BONESAW IS A STAUNCH ADVOCATE FOR GAY MARRIAGE AND A FRIEND TO THE THE LBGQT COMMUNITY

>NOW BONESAW WILL TEAR YOUR FACE OFF

It was a really progressive film for its time

1 and especially 2, absolutely. Ock is an amazing villain, effects and character wise, and Peter's journey is probably strongest there.

does this answer your question?

AND THEY SAY THAT A HEEERO COULD SAVE US

Watch them a few months ago. Still great

How does hearing this make you guys feel?

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ac4xamCIgY

I forgot how good that theme is.

>muffled WOOHOO in the distance

best use of Nickleback
youtube.com/watch?v=wQzn4a5qHT4

>no carlos

IT IS IN THE LOVE OF A HERO

AND THAT'S WHY I FEAR IT WON'T DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

3's fun but not especially good

1's pretty great

2 is legitimately my favorite superhero movie of all time to this day and a top five favorite movie in general.

>see this in related videos

youtube.com/watch?v=wNJsN6VcLwY

holy shit i'm dying

Whenever I think of these movies youtube.com/watch?v=pwLzuOMpkFw is what comes to mind honestly

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND THEY SAY THAT A

nah. I rewatched the trilogy with some friends last month.
toby maquire ruins every scene he's in
the scenes with the villains and JJJ doing their own thing are 10/10 though

>progressive
I think you forgot what happened next, because spidey just after this says"the fuck are you on about? All faggots need to die, and you're just as bad for defending them." And then the crowd started cheering, there was no subtlety about it, raimi was off his nut when he made this.

What was the point of the films clips showing berkenau?

Subtle

> misrepresent the character of Peter Parker/Spider-Man

they should have made his power/responsibility thing about not saving the people who jumped out of the burning towers

1> 2

AND THEY SAY A GYRO CAN SAVE US
I'M NOT GONNA STAND IN THIS LIIIINE.