What's the worst plot hole you've ever seen?

What's the worst plot hole you've ever seen?

if nobody was around when kane died, how did they know he said "rosebud"?

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

my life

How come after Marty returns to alt!1985 in back to the furure 1 and watches Alt!Marty time travel history isn't changed again, since Alt!Maty would be different enough to fuck up in 1955 in a different way

The Mexican kids in Logan. They're running away because they're going to be executed. So they have to taken back alive. Dafuq?

The president calling Scarn at the end of Threat Level Midnight

bump

without the island there was nothing to drive the comedian over the edge and no reason to kill him

the eagles

probably this

Probably building a third death star in Star Wars episode 7, as well as the Empire somehow being able to rebuild into the ruling force in the galaxy.

Nothing about Episode 7 made sense really.

>makes a shit joke nobody likes
>replies to himself
>screencaps his own post
>continues to repost screenshot

Wow

Why didn't they just fly to Mordor on the eagles?

>fly into Mordor
>eye of Sauron immediately sees the Eagles
>Nazgul come in on dragons and kill them
>Sauron has the ring
>middle earth falls

no (You) though?

okay, why not fly them to Gondor and go from there?

You turn it off in settings.

Because the actions of the second Marty formed a time-loop that lead to the exact same outcome as the first Marty.

Cool Marty goes back in time knowing that his dad is some cool guy who wrote a neat book and made millions.

Cool Marty finds out that his dad is a wimp so Marty steals the idea from his dads book to fool his dad into hitting on his mom. What Marty doesn't realize is that the idea from George McFly's book was actually from the original Marty to begin with, but the outcome is the same. Thus, a time-loop.

So this is actually explained in the books but it's a favorite of edge lord's and movie memers. The eagles weren't invested in the war. They only came by request of Gandalf after Sauron is defeated. So, try again cockfag.

>So this is actually explained in the books
Explain it then.

Autism.

your mom's vagina

Probably something in Star wars episode 1 that plot made little sense

I think you can call the entirety of "Catch me if you can" a plot hole because it's so fucking retarded

Buy the books, goyi- I mean, fellow Star Wars fan! It'll all make sense then!

Then why did the Eagles rescue him from Saruman in fellowship?

>based on a true story
>plothole

Wouldn't he run into the original Marty like Marty almost does in 2?

Would two Marty's occupy the same place and time?

>Probably something in Star wars episode 1 that plot made little sense

The plot to TPM makes sense as long as you completely ignore character motivation.

Wait I'm a fucking retard, I didn't mean that movie I meant "Now you see me"
In my defense the names aren't very descriptive

fpbp

I guess back then normies weren't on the internet and didn't know any better

game of thrones

>harlan ellison's rant on SCI FI buzz about this fucking movie

The enslaved Remans are somehow able to build a ship that can BTFO anything in the galaxy. If isn't a big enough stretch, they LITERALLY BUILD IT IN ROMULUS' HOME SYSTEM

simple explanation: all earth computer tech was derived from the crashed ship at Roswell.

where exactly? Just asking in case.

No, how would that even work?

indy's involvement being fairly pointless in raiders

Well. in 2 you have future marty stay out of sight of past marty. Since Alt!Marty isn't the same as the marty that originally went back in time there are now two Marty's that travel back to a week before the under the sea dance. And they travel to the same time and place from two different 1985's, but the same 1955.

Fuck time travel

>Climb on eagles
>Sauron instantly notices that the eagles are doing shit because they're kind of a big deal
>Gathers all his troops back to Mordor, bows errywhere, Nazgul mounted on Fel Beasts
>Halfway to Mordor the eagle Frodo is riding flips the fuck out, throws him at the side of a cliff at 150MPH and then lands to pick at the bloody smear that is his corpse looking for the ring

This fucking scene.

That's not a plot hole that's just a shaggy dog story and arguably poor writing.

Gwaihir, the leader of the Eagles, personally owed Gandalf a favour

In this scene in the Dark Knight, the Joker gives Batman the choice of either saving Harvey Dent or saving Rachel. The movie makes it clear that Batman chooses Rachel yet when he arrives at the location it is instead Harvey Dent that is there waiting.

The issue with this plot device is more a fatal flaw of Sauron than anything else. But to explain why the Eagles can't deliver the ring to the Mountain, it's because the ring had to be cast into the same spot that it was forged from, which required entry into the mountain. Had the Eagles approached from the sky, Sauron would have seen them and dispatched the necessary forces to guard the cracks and subdue them if they tried to enter.

Frodo had to carry the ring because he was literally the only being alive that could resist its temptation to the point of reaching the threshold of the mountain. It's not just a Hobbit trait. See Smeagle, who was absolutely corrupted by the ring's influence. It's likely some sort of familial trait passed on by Bilbo (who was moderately resistant to its influence, but even he couldn't part with the thing on his own.)

However, Sauron was famously guilty of hubris (he threw himself at the forefront of battle, and divided his powers within the rings to expedite conquering Middle Earth when he could've just played the long game.) He never suspected it would even be possible that any being alive would be capable of delivering the ring to that spot, which is why he felt fine focusing all of his forces into the final confrontation with humanity without reinforcing the mountain, and which is why he got rekt. But the Eagles, even if they could bring themselves to resist the ring's influence, would be simply incapable of escaping the eye. He would've fully expected them to be a potential threat to the ring.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Congrats, user. You just turned my brain to soup.

So, the plot is contrived as shit. It's not a plot hole anymore, but now I have a whole new reason to hate it.

The eagles just happened to owe Gandalf ONE favor and were able to rescue him, but then they decided not to help anymore. That is lazy fucking writing.

Plus they already either paid back that favour or gandalf had two in the hobbit movie

Why invent the Matrix? Why not just keep everyone sedated?

>But the Eagles, even if they could bring themselves to resist the ring's influence, would be simply incapable of escaping the eye. He would've fully expected them to be a potential threat to the ring.

So the eagles couldn't have flown Frodo 3/4 the way?

Why didn't she use one of the tubes to deliver the core memories faster? The job would have been halfway done.

It's almost as if da Jokah deliberately mixed up the locations just to fuck with Bats.

Need to verify they've gotten the right kid and not just some random kid lookalike before they liquidate them. In a universe with clones and shit it's a pretty solid policy.

The same reason the Ring can't be carried by Gandalf or Galadriel. It has tremendous corrupting power and it is incredibly dangerous to give it to powerful figures. The Ring would outright corrupt the Eagles and engineer them to deliver it straight to Sauron.

>Kingsman: Golden Circle opening car chase scene
>crashes a car head on into a road pillar going at least 60mph causing the windows to break and cyborg man to be ejected from the car
>protagonist emerges from the backseat completely unscathed and uninjured
>proceeds to drive the same fucking car that was in a head on collision with no start up problems whatsoever
>camera angle shows the front grill/bumper of the car is completely unscratched

Not the worst plothole, but my friend and I both gave each other this look like, "where the fuck's the damage to the car?"

No, owing Gandalf a favour isn't reason enough to go to war with Mordor. Furthermore, I don't get why you don't consider that the Eagles themselves might be tempted by the Ring and drop Frodo from a hundred feet in the air and take it off his corpse. Or the fact that if Sauron saw a host of Eagles flying into Mordor he wouldn't just send the Nazgul and fellbeasts after them

Flying the Eagles into Mordor is a funny meme, but if you honestly consider it a plothole it's because you just haven't read the books and don't know anything about the story

Longer battery life.

Why would he do that?

If Bellatrix could do this when bored and wanting to play, then why the fuck hadn't Voldemort already done it ages ago? He must have suspected that Harry was hanging out with his adopted family, and even if he wasn't after Harry he should surely want to fuck with the Weasleys to make everyone else terrorised? Was he just scared of Molly's wrath, as opposed to being kept away by powerful enchantments?

It's quite hard to make the dullest franchise worse, but the director for this movie sure managed it. It also made no sense for Sirius to growl at Harry at the start of PoA.

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

>Now You See Me
>based on a true story
What?

what spooky shit is north of the shire

In My Cousin Vinny, at the end he has the revelation that the suspension or whatever of the car isn't the same as his cousins. So in order to get him acquitted he calls up his girlfriend who answers all the questions and even has the revelation herself on the stand. If Vinny was the first one to have this realization, why didn't he just cross examine the actual car expert instead of risking the testimony on a surprise non expert witness. Also, apparently 4 total car experts existed in the courtroom that day, the actual expert, the prosecutor with the elaborate trick question, Vinny who breaks the case, and his gf.

I really like the movie but this shit bothered the fuck out of me.

Kek

Well, you can hardly expect any consistency in one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises.

Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

>owe Gandalf a favor
>fly a few hobbits 3/4 the way to Mordor

None of this involves going to war with Mordor, or being seen by Sauron (unless Middle-Earth is flat)

And I have a feeling that if you don't tell the Eagles of the ring, they might not notice. They are just big dumb birds after all.

based

>Get out
How could he stuff his ears with the hands tied to a chair?

>How far can you bear me? I said to Gwaihir.
>Many leagues, said he, but not to the ends of the earth. I was sent to bear tidings not burdens.
Gwaihir then flies Gandalf from Orthanc to Edoras, which is not that far as you can see on this map
Keep in mind that the Hobbits walk several months and even the eagles would have probably needed a week to cover the distance. Doing so while carrying a fat furry-footed moron on your back and being tempted by the most seductive weapon of evil at the same time is a big deal.

"Here was of old the Witch-Realm of Angmar"
It says it right there on the map...

That whole movie is about what an unconventional lawyer Vinny is, though. That he would risk it by putting his girlfriend on the stand makes perfect sense. He clearly knew that she had plenty enough knowledge about cars, as well.

It's nowhere near a plothole.

what's the plot hole here, retard? it's a stupid stretch, not a plot hole

No. Sauron had huge followings throughout Middle Earth because people believed that serving him was the only method of survival in the end. His network of spies was vast as fuck.

Also, when the journey started, Saruman's treachery and Wormtongue's influence over Rohan ensured that even had the Eagles attempted that, they would've been completely fucked.

i can't just interface with unix on my win10

Yeah I know it's not really a plot hole. Just didn't make sense to me. You have a confirmed expert witness about cars but you don't cross examine him with the information about cars you just uncovered.

>Why would he do that?

Gee I dunno? Cos he's the Joker??

Joker knew Batman would choose Rachel over Harvey after saving her previously. So he lied about the locations to Batman almost like dare I say.... as a practical joke?

"It's not that simple with the Joker it never is"

Joker does the exact same thing later by switching the hostages with the clowns to fuck over Gordon and cops too.

The books and movies are fine. They're not perfect but they're great coming of age stories and have relatively good life lessons for kids and young adults. If you're looking for the next Great Gatsby I wouldn't go looking for it with Harry Potter.

Literally the exact same explanation in Interstallar too

>Ant-man
>when shrunk you retain the same weight/density etc
>means you can punch with the force of a bullet

I can get behind this but wouldn't the stuff that's made bigger just weigh the same as when it was small, if so why did the Thomas the Tank Engine crash through the house and crush a car?
Same thing can be said about the minuaturised tank Hank carried around with him, wouldn't it weigh 2 tonnes regardless of it's size?

They were nearly spotted by Sauron's (flying) spies travelling cautiously under the cover of night on foot just a few hundred miles away from Rivendell, you think they wouldn't have been spotted flying?

In the Dark Knight, why did Batman get his ass kicked by dogs? He can take on like 65 SWAT team members, but a few rottweilers take him down.

why didnt they just fly higher than the spies?

Marvels fw

>Ocean's 12
>mock heist of the Faberge egg goes awry and they bring in Julia Roberts to pass off as a Julia Roberts look alike to distract the museum security

>mock heist of the Faberge egg goes awry and they bring in Julia Roberts to pass off as a Julia Roberts look alike to distract the museum security despite having actually stolen the eggs several days ago

>it was a BIG dog

Why does the potion seller create a potion not even survivable by the main type of people that buy potions? What sort of business model is that?

Kek

It's motherfucking Pym Particles son, The Scientist Supreme ain't gotta explain shit.

Them surviving that huge drop from the building just because they were in a tank was pretty fucking weird, though, because there weren't even any Pym Particles involved at that stage. Why not just have it drive through a lower wall where the fall wouldn't have killed them?

It's Sup Forums but
>character's superpower is tied to his helmet
>defeat and manage to capture him
>put his helmet back on for him

Who would've killed durins bane? Who would've alerted the ents to sarumon? Who would've held the gate and breach at helms deep? Etc etc. It's almost like everyone was exactly where they needed to be exactly when they needed to be there. Almost like this guy Eru Iluvatar planned it out that way.

Tl;Dr God did it.

Don't really keep a mental list of plot holes, but since I saw another add for The Last Jedi earlier, the Force Awakens has a couple smaller, internal ones, though those are nothing to do with the best plot hole in the movie:

>Entire plot of Return of the Jedi revolves around getting small ships with hyperdrives into the second Death Star which has a fuck-huge shield around it.
>Why not establish in Force Awakens that small ships with hyperdrives can fly past shields even if there is some dangers involved. Surely the pilots going on a suicide mission to attack the Death Star would be super concerned by the idea that they might be one of the few that don't make it

Also if the >A FUCKING TREE leaks are true (which they probably aren't) Last Jedi could double down on the Return of the Jedi plot hole making by making Sheev in all his infinite wisdom and full knowledge of all the Jedi arts A fucking Forest moon as his final confrontation with the last Jedi, even though they boost trees power. Although arguably that would be less of a plot hole, and more of a retroactive attachment of big ol' balls of steel to Palpy's crotch.

>None of this involves going to war with Mordor, or being seen by Sauron (unless Middle-Earth is flat)
He's a wizard with a scrying stone dude, why are you even arguing if you don't know some of the most basic shit?

I don't understand

You have to go back

The actual plot hole is incredibly blatant, they say once you go subatomic you can't get big again, but in the climax he shrinks subatomic to phase through the metal, then grows big enough to punch the chip and destroy it, THEN shrinks subatomic again and has to figure out how to get big even though he literally just fucking did it with zero problem.